Gourmet Gals Catering & Events Reviews

53 | Austin, TX

53 Reviews for Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

Holly · Married on 05/02/2015

I sincerely could not recommend Gourmet Gals enough. I talked to so many different caterers that were not willing to work with my budget and vegetarian/vegan restrictions for a certain number of guests. Gourmet Gals was so kind and willing to meet and alter the menu to fit our needs, AND they handled everything so beautifully and professionally the day of. Sherri was waiting for my husband and I right after the ceremony with beers! They even took into account our theme and decorations and added some of their own to the catering tables. If I can brag a little more...so many of our guests came up to us after (and are still saying) that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. And it was!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Candace · Married on 09/20/2014

People were blown away by the food at our wedding!!! Process was super simple, and at the tasting we didnt have any changes! Great vendor! Wish we could have that meal more often!!

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • I

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2014

We were thrilled with the quality of the food provided at our wedding. Guests were raving (and still are!) about all of the food - especially the appetizers. Brides, be sure your venue has a person appointed to bring appetizers to you while you are taking pictures. Ours did so, and we were so happy not to miss out because the appetizers are little slices of heaven! Our only disappointment was that the herb crusted chicken that was served at the wedding looked and tasted nothing like what was offered at our tasting, however, it was equally delicious and our guests didn't know the difference. Sherri is quick to respond to email and both very kind and patient. She worked hard to plan a menu that reflected us as a couple, and she succeeded! If you are looking for excellent food (not your typical wedding food!), good value, and great service - you've found it at Gourmet Gals!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/19/2014

Sherri is very easy to work with. She walked us through the whole process as we had no clue what all was involved. She offered advice but was open to our decisions if we wanted to do something she didn't necessarily think was necessary -- like water glasses on the tables. She ordered all the linens, tableware, etc and took advantage of sales. And the food was delicious. And hot! All of our guests commented on how great it was. Her staff was very attentive, serving appetizers and then filling glasses, clearing dishes and serving cake. Sherri was there all evening, overseeing everything. We were so pleased and highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Jenna · Married on 06/21/2014

Gourmet Gals took any stress of planning a destination wedding out of my hands and made our wedding weekend absolutely perfect! They catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception meal as well as coordinated table/linen/etc rentals. These fabulous ladies provided a beautiful layout of incredible food and we received so many compliments from all of our guests about how delicious it was! Even our picky eaters were raving about it. During the reception, Sherri prepared two plates for us, and then even had two huge to-go boxes filled with food from the reception waiting for us in our honeymoon cabin! They were such a treat to work with and we are still talking about how delicious the food was. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Paige · Married on 06/14/2014

As soon as we took our first bite at a tasting, my husband and I knew they would be the ones to cater our wedding. Actually, they catered both the rehearsal and the reception and we couldn't have been happier with the results. I can not tell you how many compliments I received commenting on the food. My only regret is that they didn't play a bigger role in our wedding!! I would have also loved to have their planning services for my wedding.

Sent on 01/17/2015
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 11/30/2013

I can't say enough great things about Gourmet Gals! Starting from the beginning, Cymbre and Sherri were extremely helpful. They answered all of our questions promptly and worked with our budget and what we envisioned for our wedding day. We were sold after the first bite at the tasting! Everything we tried was so delicious! To this day, I still have wedding guests raving about the food. The Gourmet Gals staff was extremely professional on the wedding day, and we are so glad we chose Gourmet Gals for our wedding! I highly recommend working with Sherri, Cymbre, and their amazing team. Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Holly · Married on 11/02/2013

Gourmet Gals catered my wedding last weekend and the food and service were impeccable! They helped us create a custom menu and gave lots of helpful advice along the way.

Our guests were blown away by the food and most people went back for seconds and thirds. I can't say enough great things about them, I would recommend them to anyone looking to cater an event!

Sent on 11/07/2013

When meeting with Gourmet Gals we had already met with another catering company who we thought we would be going with. Once we met with the staff and started trying their food we knew with out a doubt Gourmet Gals was for us. While writing this review We can actually taste the food all over again. At our tasting the food was great but the day of the wedding it was the best food we have ever had (this still stands true). Our family and friends staying with us after the wedding had no problem helping us finish off the few left overs we took home. Friends of ours just had there wedding 2 months before ours and loved our food more then there own. Everyone is still raving about the food and its been almost 6 months since the wedding. They not only provided our food but all our rentals (even last minute items), set up/break down, bartenders and our day of coordinating. Sherri was spectacular in handling everything day of for us and making our vision come true. Thank you all so much! <3 J&C

Sent on 03/21/2014

Jomel · Married on 09/20/2013

I'm originally from Hawaii and really wanted to incorporate some local food into our wedding. We were a little nervous at first because unless you're from Hawaii and have had the food before, it would be a little difficult to replicate. However, when we found out that the Gourmet Gals chef had previously worked at Kenichi, we felt a little better about giving him this task of Hawaiian cuisine! I did have to go for 2 tastings as everything but one dish was PERFECT. Sherri made the tasting process and communication an easy and wonderful experience! Everything turned out great the night of - our passed hor d'oeuvres were shrimp/pineapple skewers and vegetarian egg rolls. Our reception food was "Shoyu Chicken," "Kalua Pork and Cabbage," "Lomi Lomi Salmon," rice, veggies, and fresh fruits. Thank you again, Gourmet Gals for your patience with me and pulling through with our delicious Hawaiian dinner!

Sent on 10/26/2013

danielle · Married on 07/27/2013

We just worked with Gourmet Gals & Guys for our wedding on July 27th, 2013, and they were awesome! They tried to really get to know me and my husband to be, and our food preferences, so they could build a menu we would both love. They were very professional and prompt to respond to e-mails and phone calls. Gourmet Gals & Guys were also very flexible when I felt the need to make a few changes to our menu only one month before the wedding! They also worked very hard to ensure no nuts were included in any of the food or food making process due to my nut allergy! I would highly recommend them to anyone who is in need of a catering service.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Gourmet Gals did both the catering and wedding planning for our wedding.
    The food was delious, not your typical wedding food. Guests went back for seconds and even thirds.
    They were amazing to work with. Our wedding was everything we wanted it to be, we would not have changed a single thing. They were helpful, accomadating and fun and took all of the stress out of planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Cathy · Married on 06/15/2013

I do not know how many times I have heard that Gourmet Gals served "the best food I've ever had at a wedding." These wonderful sisters served our rehearsal and reception. The food was outstanding - especially our Mac & Cheese bar. They could not have provided more delicious buffet options both nights or better service. My husband & I still talk about that mac & cheese.

I spoke with Gourmet Gals multiple times before the wedding, and each time, they were so willing to work with me. They answered all of my questions and were able to help me with the minute details surrounding dinner and layout of the reception. Their wisdom and experience were invaluable. They also did a wonderful job setting up the venue both nights to perfection!

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOURMET GALS to anyone in the Hill Country area. I cannot rave about them enough.

Sent on 07/16/2013

WOW! They are awesome! The food was amazing! From the first phone call they made me feel like a true bride to be! The service that they provided was outstanding! I was a waitress for many years and to be honest can sometimes be a little critical, I have absolutely nothing bad to say! They way that they handle their business and their staff were fantastic. I had so many guests tell me that the food was amazing. Working with Sheri and the Gourmet Gals & Guys team was truly a pleasure. I would highly recommend working with them, they are a hassle free vendor.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Absolutely Delicious!!! So I had tried several catering companies before I found Gourmet Gals.... either the food was really good but the staff wasn't personable or didnt follow up, or they were great with staying on top of things but the food wasn't that good....not with Gourmet gals they nailed in all areas! The food was absolutely perfect, I still have guests telling me how much they enjoyed their meal, especially the Field Greens salad with strawberries and a raspberry vinaigrette and the crab cakes during cocktail hour (which were so good I never got one), I loved the vegetarian pasta we had as well as the herb roasted vegetables. You really couldn't go wrong everything was amazing! Thank you again.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Fantastic Food, Service and professionalism. Would recommend to any bride in the Austin area to check them out!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Kim · Married on 10/12/2012

Love love love this company! JoAnna took care of everything for us, she did an amazing job! The reception ran so smoothly, the food was awesome, the bartenders were fun and every detail was taken care of! Thank you GG for a wonderful wedding reception, you're the best!!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2012

Gourmet Gals provided excellent food, wonderful staff, and perfect customer service. The tasting was easy to set up, and very fun. Cymbre made wonderful suggestions for the menu, and we added stuffed mushrooms and gouda mashed potatoes to our menu based on her input and our tasting. They were a hit with our guests. Cymbre was familiar with the layout of our venue, and gave some advice based on other big weddings she had seen there.

We used them for the RD, the wedding, and the brunch on Sunday. They worked with our budget, and listened to what we asked for. The food was AMAZING. The staff and bartenders were great - helpful, professional, and fast. They got everything right, and everything was exactly as we had hoped. I am betting people thought we paid twice as much as we did. We are still hearing compliments 6 months later about how delicious the food was (people expect catered food to suck I guess), how attentive the staff was, and how well they decorated the buffet. I could not more highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/12/2013
  • F

Megan · Married on 03/24/2012

This cater was very helpful when my mom and I first met with them. They brought us samples fresh from the kitchen and assisted in planning meals for two separate families. The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. Would highly recommend this cater to future brides, also it is conveniently located down the road from The Inn at Wild Rose Hall so the food arrived on time and fresh.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Michael · Married on 04/16/2011

Gourmet Guys and Gals was the prefect caterer for our wedding. They were excellent to work with, from scheduling a tasting to planning the flow of the wedding. They provided suggestions but would also follow our plans/decisions perfectly. They really took the pressure off during the wedding day and made everything flow so smoothly. We received a lot of compliments on the food/service from our guests, overall we loved working with them.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Barbi · Married on 10/09/2010

Gourmet Guys and Gals was the caterer recommended by our venue. Most brides simply picked a menu from the venue and never sat down with the caterer, but we asked to meet because we had no idea what we wanted. The owner was amazing! She helped us custom build our menu. We did a tasting, and were able to build from that, as well as from her ideas. She was also quick to respond to the plethera of emails we sent her with questions and concerns. The food was wonderful at the wedding, and we got nothing but compliments.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Stacia · Married on 07/22/2012

I loved our food for gourmet gals & guys. They were the vendor included with our venue, and wonderful. Make sure to arrange a tasting as they do it for free and it really helped my family nail down a menu that was to our liking :) Yummy!

Sent on 08/05/2012

Colleen · Married on 04/15/2017

W got married in April at the Terrace Club, and Gourmet Gals was their preferred caterer. We absolutely loved them and the food was so good! All of our guests said that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! They have so many options and put together a private tasting just for you! We ended up basically changing our entire menu at our tasting and they were very helpful and understanding! Would highly recommend

Sent on 04/26/2017

-Large selection of food pairing options
    -Extremely flexible with menu selections and changes (even last minute)
    -Great staff!

I worked with Sherri who was a little hard to get a in touch with... aside from that she was extremely helpful, professional and offered a lot of advice throughout the menu selection process.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Emily · Married on 05/22/2010

Our planner recommended Guys & Gals and after tasting their food they were the only caterer we "auditioned." We were very happy with the quality of the food - both presentation and tastiness - and found them very easy to work with - friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/22/2010