Gotta Dance DJ's Reviews

218 | Tyler, TX

218 Reviews for Gotta Dance DJ's

• User3191262 · 2+ years ago

Joe with Gotta Dance DJs was truly a class act. He made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. He is organized, reasonably priced and professional! He did an completely spectacular job!!!! I fully recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Krista · Married on 05/18/2013

Joe, with Gotta Dance Dj's, is extremely professional and hard working. We contacted him about a month before our wedding because our other DJ that we had hired went out of business, but Joe came to our rescue! He was prompt in responding to us and was available. He put together all of our music in a very short period of time. He never took a break during our wedding or reception. We had many guest comment that Joe was fun, very professional, and a great DJ! If we ever need a DJ again, we will definitely hire Gotta Dance DJ's again!

Sent on 06/07/2013
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 04/27/2013

Joe was THE Best vendor that we had at our wedding, and that says a lot because we had some really great vendors. I would highly recommend him! He is VERY organized, personable, fun, on the ball, calm, and has an awesome Chicago accent (which we loved, being from the midwest). As my husband just stated to me as his feedback about Joe, "He did awesome!" Joe spent ample time answering our questions and walking us through the evening, step by step. And when it came to the actual wedding reception, Joe was seriously all that I could have asked for and more. He would always give us a warning before the next event of the evening, he kept things on time and running smoothly, and people danced A LOT and really enjoyed him as our DJ. From my uncles to our parents to our friends, the dancing was active and the music and lights were awesome. Multiple people commented about what a fun wedding we had and what great music was played, and Joe was a big part of that! I probably danced more than anyone -haha. Thank you Joe for making our evening so much fun!!!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Amy · Married on 04/20/2013

Joe was wonderful and so helpful with helping me decide what kind of lighting to do and music choices. The guests had such a great time dancing and partying all night! Thanks so much for helping to make our day perfect!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Mike · Married on 04/13/2013

The top priority for me when we were picking vendors for the wedding was the DJ as far as we were concerned he/she could make or break the wedding. We called 12 DJ's and personally interviewed 7. When we first met Joe he got to the meeting early and was dressed very professionally. He showed us videos of past weddings and gave us a brochure with all the fees on a line item. There were no surprises with him like with some of the other DJ's we interviewed. I really appreciated his positive attitude and professionalism and I always got the feeling whatever I asked him to do he would make it happen somehow. With so many things to worry about in pulling off a wedding he was the one person I knew I didn't have to worry about and that brought me peace. He also produced and emailed us within 2 days after the wedding a short Youtube/Facebook ready video which he didn't charge extra for and we had no idea he was doing. He went above and beyond what we expected and all our guest commented on how much they loved him. You will not go wrong if you hire him for your wedding. So you can stop wasting your time interviewing other DJ's and just hire straight away. It will be one less thing to worry about with your wedding. Mike (Father of the Bride).

Sent on 04/24/2013

Nicole · Married on 01/19/2013

Joe was seriously the best decision we made! He did all the thinking and kept time perfectly!!!! He found out what we wanted and how we wanted it and saw to it that it got done!! He took charge of the flow of the service and made our wedding smooth and stress free!!!! VERY punctual and bride and groom focused!! And on top if it all acted and looked professional and had a absolutely fun attitude!!! How we can not thank you enough!!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Misha · Married on 12/29/2012

We just have one word to describe Joe- PERFECT. He made planning our wedding so easy considering the fact we were all the way in Spain! He was extremely professional, always got back to me within a couple of days and the big day... I couldn't have been happier. The reception was amazing. We got so many compliments on how well he organized the first dance, speeches, cake cutting, etc. I could rant and rave forever but bottom line is, Joe is phenomenal. Thank you so much for everything!!!!!

Misha & Rafa

Sent on 01/24/2013

Aeri · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I planned a Denver wedding from NYC (me) and Sydney (husband) and we could not have done it without Joe. He was absolutely fantastic and with wealth of experience, he made our night unforgetable. We chose a spacious venue, the Denver Art Museum, and he filled up the space with warm lighting and music that everyone enjoyed. The dance floor was completely filled with eager dancers, and the 25ft vaulted ceiling was flooded with bliss lighting and up lighting. He was the PERFECT DJ. He met with me a few months prior to the wedding and he immediately put me at ease. I can't say one bad thing about working with Joe. He's an absolute must!!!

Sent on 11/04/2012
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/13/2012

Joe was amazing from our initial meeting until the last song played at our wedding. He was always dressed professionally for all of our meetings and presented himself that way as well. He made the day flow so well and we could not have been happier with the outcome of our reception. I would recommend Joe to anyone I know getting married that is looking for a DJ. He is much much more than just a DJ, he plans everything perfectly. Thanks again Joe for making our wedding special and without any stress or worry.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Lynn · Married on 09/30/2012

Myself and the groom live on either coast, neither of us in CO, so finding (and hiring!) Joe was the best thing that happened to our wedding.

It started with paperclips. The groom contacted Gotta Dance DJ’s for further information about booking, and Joe sent an organized and detailed folder of information. It was held together with cool little paperclips that I got to hear the groom gush over. The packet helped us plan our wedding timeline. Joe was communicative, helpful, and would catch the details that we forgot to fill in.

As long distance planners, we took advantage of Joe’s flexibility and he likewise worked to keep us informed. While I was in CO, Joe drove to meet with me, and afterwards, continued to be responsive to our emails, phone calls, and would arrange to Skype as needed. He was insightful and offered helpful suggestions relating to venue. Specifically, he realized a lighting option the groom wanted would be obscured by the venue’s A/C system. Rather than let us get something that wouldn’t work, Joe pointed this out and suggested a different system that cost us less and looked fantastic.

Another high point is the sound system. This stellar sound system rang clear throughout the ceremony and reception. It was so good that my engineering father commented on it during our walk down the aisle. Joe also took care that the sound levels were appropriate during dinner so our guests could converse. Then he lead a smooth segue into dancing so guests could start dancing.

Dancing was so much fun! There was no cheesy music, just lots of good songs that got people moving, swaying, and flipping on the dance floor. While Gotta Dance DJ’s already has a large repertoire of music, Joe accommodated our harder-to-find music, which was much appreciated.

We would readily hire Joe again and highly recommend him for your event. His professionalism shone throughout the planning and on our wedding day. Our relatives and friends are still talking about “that DJ”.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Joe was AMAZING. We hired him to do the ceremony music as well as the main reception music. He met with us twice before the event, which I think is imperative since it's such a big part of the night. He was not cheesy and didn't play any lame songs. He played all of the songs on our must play list and we really enjoyed working with him. He is very professional, nice and so easy to work with. He is organized and really has a lot of experience and know's exactly what to do. My guests loved him! Our event was 8 hours long and he had people on the dance floor the entire time. There were still at least 25 people on the dance floor at midnight. Please remember that you get what you pay for when looking for a DJ. The cheapest DJ is going to most likely provide you the cheapest product. He is reasonably priced and again, is wonderful at what he does. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Shantell · Married on 09/08/2012

I highly recommend Joe at Gotta Dance DJs! He was fantastic. I could not have asked for more. He was professional, great at managing the timing of wedding events and played great music. He is easy to work with and very organized. Hiring Joe means one less thing for a bride to worry about. You will not be disappointed. Thanks Joe!

Sent on 11/01/2012
  • User2195332 · 2+ years ago

Joe at Gotta Dance DJ's was amazing. He was very organized and made us feel comfortable right away. The lighting that was provided really set the mood of the reception and highlighted the color scheme. Joe was great at choosing music that everyone wanted to get up and dance to. Our dance floor was filled all night and everyone had a blast. I would highly recommend Joe for weddings or other events. Thanks again!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Alison · Married on 08/18/2012

We knew within the first few minutes of meeting Joe that he was the DJ for our wedding -- and we feel blessed that we found him! There are no words to describe what an amazing job he did - The DJ sets the entire tone for your wedding and thanks to Joe and Gotta Dance DJs our wedding was PERFECT! He single handedly made sure the entire evening ran smoothly -- we didn'thave to worry about a thing - he was professional and personable and he went WAY above and beyond the call of duty -- I will be recommending Gotta Dance DJs to everyone I know. He did everything he said he would and more -- I can't thank Joe enough for all the time and work he put in to make sure our big day was perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2012

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding in the Denver area, you have no need to look any further. My husband and I were blown away by Joe and his professionalism, personality, and most importantly, the awesome music he played at our wedding. First of all, the day for us can only be described as the most hectic day of our lives (and we had thought that we had everything planned so well) but Joe helped us to stay on track with our timeline and kept things running smoothly which was such a relief. Secondly, his choice of songs was perfect...people were dancing and having such a great time and I LOVED how he didn't play the typical wedding songs that I get so sick of (YMCA, Jock Jams, etc). Thirdly, if you are hesitating at all to get any of the lighting options, I HIGHLY recommend the bliss light. We had a tent for our reception and when he turned on the bliss light as it was getting dark, it took the reception up an extra notch and it looked AMAZING. We didn't get any other additional lighting but I'm sure that would've been amazing too. I just can't rave enough about Joe and I know that anyone else will be just as happy with him as we were!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Noelle · Married on 08/03/2012

I am so glad that we found Joe and Gotta Dance DJ's! He was a terrific choice for our wedding and I hands down recommend him to anyone looking for that extra special touch!

First off! He is SOOOO organized and on top of details! It was great to know I could trust him right away! He has a wedding folder he gives you that helps you make all the decisions along the way for your entertainment needs! He was honest about what package would suit our venue the best and added some really cool lighting affects that just made it sparkle!

Joe is such a great guy and dedicates his life to your event! He is prepared and super charismatic! He kept up with the changes in our wedding day timeline like a pro! Even when they were last minute!

He provided the sound for our ceremony and it was wonderful! Although he started to play the wrong music as my bridal party was going down the aisle he quickly switched the music and it sounded impeccable you would have never noticed! The sound for the readers and our officiant was top of the line! Everyone could hear us!!!!

He then transitioned into cocktail hour where some of our favorite songs played! :)

He has a great voice to introduce people! At times I felt like we could have sped a few things up with introducing the bridal party but it allowed me to sit back and breathe for a second! His mics were great and we used them for the blessing, the toasts and even for my cousin to sing! The dinner music was at a perfect volume and perfect tempo! The dance floor was packed all night! The music was AMAZING! he did a great job and he honored our DO NOT PLAY list! Which was great!

His sound system and lighting is top notch! I hope we get to work with Joe again! He is reputable and fantastic! He cares so much about what he does and it shows! We loved him and would totally use him again! :) Thanks JOE! You rock!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Joe from Gotta Dance was wonderful! He was so quick to respond to any communication and took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for during our consultation. My husband and I love to dance and having everyone out on the dance floor with us at the reception was one of our biggest priorities for the day. Joe did not disappoint! Each song he chose got people on their feet and dancing - from toddlers to senior citizens! I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Rakefet · Married on 07/22/2012

Joe was amazing! He is definitely worth every penny! He is the reason everyone had fun during the wedding and the entire event went smoothly.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Julie · Married on 07/14/2012

We read all of Joe's reviews before we met with him. Joe lived up to the hype! He was very professional from beginning to end. He was the one vendor we didnt have to worry about! We had Joe dj our ceremony and reception. The music was flawless, the sound was crisp, the volume was Perfect! He was not a typical wedding DJ. He was a mixmaster. We noticed he would pull the next song into the current song during the party! OUr Dance floor was FULL the ENTIRE wedding!!! That was all we wanted was for everyone to have a GREAT time. Without Joe, that wouldnt have happened! We were even surprised with a special video the day after our wedding! Thank you So Much Joe!!! You made our reception unforgetable for all of our guests!!!

Sent on 08/18/2012

Gina · Married on 06/29/2012

We cannot say enough great things about Joe! He is organized and has a great vision on how best to keep the event flowing. Joe kept us at the center of the celebration -- truly professional. He was polite and respectful to us and all our guests. Most importantly, he made our party GREAT -- from the music to the lights to the energy! He had the party going until the very end! We received so many compliments on our DJ and would absolutely recommend him again and again! Thanks, Joe!!
    Gina Pasquale

Sent on 07/11/2012

Kate · Married on 06/16/2012

I interviewed a lot of different DJs and just wasn't finding one that seemed right for us. I found Joe on the Knot and saw that he was moving from Chicago to Denver. He had such great reviews that I had to meet with him. All those reviews were 100% accurate! I can't even express how wonderful Joe was to work with! He made our wedding so much better than I thought possible! He was great to work with and was completely flexible with last minute changes that I needed to make a few days before the wedding. He played such a great selection of music and everyone that I've talked to has said what a great party it was and that was thanks to Joe! I loved the video he put together for us as well! Such a special thing to have only days after the wedding since we have to wait for a while to get pictures and the video back. I can't say thank you enough!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Brooke · Married on 06/15/2012

I have never experienced SUCH A GREAT DANCE PARTY!!! Im so glad it was at my wedding!!!! All of our friends commented all night on how great the DJ was. Joe kept my friends dancing from 7-Midnight NON STOP! Awesome night! Thank you JOE!!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Molly · Married on 06/09/2012

Finding a DJ was the hardest part for me as I planned our wedding... When I found Gotta Dance DJs and was able to meet Joe in person I knew I had nothing to worry about! He was incredibly organized, gave us great direction, and displayed an obvious passion for what he does! Our reception ROCKED-- the lighting was fantastic, the music was perfect, and people literally never stopped dancing. It couldn't have been better!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Laurie · Married on 04/28/2012

Joe was incredible! From the first time we met with Joe we could tell he was a complete professional who truly enjoyed and took pride in his work. This was made only more obvious as our wedding date neared and he made sure that the final details were in place before the big day (even when we got side tracked with other areas of planning). The day of our wedding we did not even need to check to make sure that Joe was set up and ready with the correct music, volume, or anything. In fact, he took it upon himself to get in touch with our location manager and visit the site before the wedding date to insure he was prepared. The ceremony music was spot on and the reception was a non-stop party thanks to Joe! Ordinarily at weddings people start to filter out before the night is over - but not this time. The music was so great that no one wanted to stop dancing! The night was completely perfect and that was due mostly to Joe's hard work behind the scenes. We have no reservations in recommending 'gotta dance djs' and can only comment that he probably does not charge enough for the quality product that he delivers! We only wish there were more than five stars to give!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Julie · Married on 04/27/2012

Joe did an amazing job at our wedding. He was great at keeping everyone dancing thru the night, no one wanted to leave the dance floor. He was very professional and would ask permission before doing anything that was not on the list we gave him. If any one asks for a DJ we will definitely recommend Joe.

Sent on 05/30/2012