Gotta Dance DJ's Reviews

218 | Tyler, TX

218 Reviews for Gotta Dance DJ's

Benjamin · Married on 06/19/2016

It's no wonder why Joe D'Alessandro of GottaDance DJs carries a perfect 5-star rating! For our wedding he was a complete professional from start to finish. Straightforward pricing/options, very collaborative song selection and emcee schedule management, and creatively catered to our special requests for a customized reception introduction and first dance mash-up. Joe kept our dance floor packed all night long. He fully deserves his ratings and our highest recommendation! Thanks, Joe!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Awesome DJ/MC! Thanks to Joe our wedding went very smoothly and all of our guests were please with the music selection for the evening. Gotta Dance DJ also was were reasonable!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Aly · Married on 04/09/2016

Joe was fantastic! We ran into some issues and had to book our DJ last minute. We lucked out and with less than a month before our wedding, Gotta Dance DJs came to the rescue. Joe has a great packet to help select songs, many we had thought about for the key moments but he helped us pick ones we hadn't even thought to select, like the cake cutting song. He has a list of songs to get a feel for your music preferences, provides a must play list and a do not play list as well. Best of all, the cheesy middle school dance songs (think YMCA) didn't need to be put on the do not play list but were an option if you really want them played. He played so many fabulous selections and our guests had SO much fun. We heard many complements from our guests. Joe is a wonderful MC and helped to keep the night on schedule with all our events (first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss...), without adding any pressure. He worked with the venue and photographers so everyone was on the same page for the timeline and all the best moments could be captured. It was such a wonderful wedding and without Joe, it just wouldn't have been the same. We're so lucky to have found him!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Kathleen · Married on 10/10/2015

Joe at Gotta Dance DJs was very reasonably priced and provided excellent service! He was fun to work with from our initial meeting. He really took the time to get to know us and get a feel for how we wanted our reception to go. Once he had some basic information, he took the lead at keeping the party going. He served as a great MC and made sure each participant knew their respective roles. All our guests had a great time at our reception and said they really enjoyed the music. I would highly recommend Joe if you were planning a wedding or any special event!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Breezy · Married on 10/03/2015

Joe is the BEST DJ ever!!! He made our wedding extra special and we couldn't have pulled off the best day ever without him. Once we met with Joe, all of my fears about the big day went away. He turned my thoughts into reality and even when I couldn't put what I wanted into words, Joe knew exactly what I was trying to say and he knew exactly what to do. He is truly an artist at his profession. He completed everything we asked of him, arrived on time for our first meeting and the day of the wedding and went above and beyond with our playlist and day-of organization. Don't go with anyone else!

Sent on 04/14/2016

We LOVED working with Joe! He worked with us on putting together a set of music that truly fit us and our crowd; he really listened to what we wanted the atmosphere to be and made it happen. He helped tailor the whole night to make us more comfortable with all of the attention and gave us great suggestions on how to include things we would have otherwise cut out of the night. Several of our guests commented on the excellent music, which had everyone dancing from the parents to our peers and the kids. Joe did a really incredible job and I would recommend him without question.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Joe was great. We changed our song and entrance a few times and Joe was so accommodating. He had everyone dancing all night as well and I got so many comments about how much fun everyone had.

Nicole · Married on 07/18/2015

Joe was the perfect wedding DJ. He met us and really got a feel for the type of music that we like. He actually listened to what we wanted and did a fabulous job at the reception. Joe organized the flow of events, gave us a head up before things were about to occur and the best part, he didn't make us feel rushed or anxious at all! He was very good at taking care of what needed to be done, as well as getting the crowd going. Hr had everyone dancing from start to finish and our guests did not want to leave! I really could not recommend him more. I even gave his name to some of my engaged friends afterwards for their own weddings. Also, payment wise I can't remember exactly what we paid, but I do remember that it was very affordable. Thanks for an amazing night Joe!

Danielle · Married on 07/15/2015

He was such an amazing person to work with! He was able to meet with us on such short notice while we were in town visiting and, even worked with our hectic schedule! My wedding couldn't have gone any smoother! He notified us anytime we were about to do a dance, cut the cake and with plenty of time to gather ourselves! I can't say enough great things about Joe, I HIGHLY recommend! Thank you so much!!!

Alyson · Married on 07/11/2015

Joe was so excellent and professional-- from our initial meeting with him to after the wedding. It was a relief to meet him in the midst of all of our planning. Because he is so organized and clear on how a wedding reception flows, he provided wisdom and a sense of ease for us, as we knew with him on the mic, the reception would go as it should. One less thing to worry about! Thank you, Joe! Also, his knowledge of music and excitement over getting us special and obscure songs was great. A number of guests commented how great the music was. He worked with us to pull off a special performance during the reception. Finally, he is more than reasonably priced! What a bonus! You will not be disappointed with Gotta Dance DJ's. If you want someone who is organized, personable, professional, has a great ear for music and knows how to keep a party moving, and charges a very fair price, then use Joe.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Erica · Married on 07/04/2015

He was amazing I cant recommend him enough!! He was always quick to reply back to any questions we sent, he took very detailed notes on everything we wanted and nailed it. His equipment was top quality and he was extremely professional. He did a great job making everything at the reception flow together and getting everyone up and dancing.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Allegra · Married on 06/19/2015

Our experience with Joe was absolutely phenomenal! He was so professional and organized. Our wedding night was unbelievably special. I'm a bride who loves to dance- and that's what I did!! All night long! We were never worried or disorganized thanks to Joe and the team at Willow Ridge Manor. It was perfect. Thank you thank you.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

Joe was absolutely AMAZING! He was attentive, professional and equipped us with all the tools needed to make our wedding perfect. Not only did he have every song you could imagine but he promised us that if it wasn't in his song library he would get it for us free of charge. He was charismatic and left the guests raving about his skills. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding a night to remember, he is your guy! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/07/2015

One of the best choices we made when planning our wedding was choosing to work with Joe from Gotta Dance DJ's. He was absolutely wonderful to talk and plan with-very professional and accommodating, our ceremony music was perfect and exactly our style, and he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. We had such an amazing time at our wedding and can't recommend Joe highly enough.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Katie · Married on 05/23/2015

Joe at Gotta Dance DJs is the absolute best in the business. There is no other option, no other reviews or companies you need to look at. This guy is it.

From the moment we met Joe up in Estes (where he was sitting, at least 10 minutes early with Starbucks ordered for us) we knew we had met our DJ. He is professional at all times, genuinely concerned with your big day, easily accessible to ask questions and calm any nerves. We were 100% comfortable with him from day one.

Then came the big day, and Joe performed magnificently. He kept the entire wedding flowing, he let us know who would speak at what times, what dance is coming up next, etc. There were NEVER any questions about what was happening, or anybody out of the room for important occasions (father/daughter dance, mother son dance, etc.) He beat matched our music during the reception so well the dance floor was never empty or sad looking.

We had the most terrific day, but the most compliments we received about our vendors were about Joe. He deserves them all and more, and you need to hire him.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Hannah · Married on 05/09/2015

We honestly cannot say enough about our experience with Joe and Gotta Dance DJ's. Joe's is a true professional. He not only provided great music recommendations and advice, but absolutely helped keep the day on track. The last thing you want to worry on your big day is the timing of speeches, dances, etc; you will not have to worry about a thing with Gotta Dance DJ's. All you have to do is have a blast and enjoy a great dance party. We also felt his pricing was very reasonable when comparing to other DJ's. If having a great DJ is important to you (and it should be), look no further! Thanks again Joe, we will be recommending you to all of our friends with upcoming weddings/events!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Erica · Married on 05/02/2015

Joe was amazing! He truly knows what he is doing. Everything went so smoothly and he takes it upon himself to coordinate everything. The dance floor was always full and everyone could not stop talking about what a great DJ he was! He met with us numerous times before the day to make sure everything was pefect, and it was! I highly recommend him if you want to have a reception that everyone will not stop talking about!!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Scott · Married on 02/07/2015

Joe was hands down the best DJ that my wife and I could have asked for. He keeped our guests entertained the whole night. We received numerous comments on how good he is from happy guests. By far the best DJ I have seen!!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Angela · Married on 01/18/2015

Joe was hands down the best part of our reception! He was very kind and prepared for absolutely everything. He took away all of the stress during planning and he didn't miss a single detail the day of! He knows about weddings and knows how to make the day perfect as well as how to keep your guests excited and having fun every second of the event! Joe has an amazing sense of timing and he worked so hard to make sure that every last detail fell perfectly into place at our reception.

Sent on 01/31/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/18/2014

I didn't have a wedding coordinator so it was important for me to have someone that could keep the party going and on schedule. From the beginning, Joe was professional, nice, and helpful. He assured me that my day would go smoothly and it did! Everyone at my wedding commented on how great he was, and he had everyone on the dance floor all night! I would highly recommend Joe to anyone looking for a DJ that is trustworthy and the best at what he does!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Joe with Gotta Dance DJs did an incredible job at our wedding! We could not have been happier with the music he played, lighting he provided, and quality of his services. He was extremely organized, professional, and flexible.
    So many of our guests commented on how great the music was and how much they liked our DJ! I would highly recommend Gotta Dance DJs to all of my friends.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Kristin · Married on 09/20/2014

This weekend my husband and I got married in Estes Park. Joe provided the music and equipment for our ceremony which was amazing. He worked with us to make it custom to exactly what we wanted and supported my friend who sang in the ceremony. Joe lived up to his name during the reception--everyone danced! All 140 guests enjoyed his music and were on the dance floor. He really knew how to read our crowd. The next day he provided the best one minute video of our day. We loved everything about working with Gotta Dance DJs! THANKS JOE!!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/14/2014

Joe did an incredible job as our DJ! He read the crowd really well and the dance floor was packed the whole night. Joe was really friendly, organized, and responsive. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/13/2014

Joe was recommended to me and I'm very glad we followed up with him. He was professional and easy to work with. The contract was understandable and he readily answered any questions we had. We liked the fact that there were recommendations and trusted that Joe would be able to fill any musical gaps we had left.

On the day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry at all - everything went perfectly. Joe did a great job of directing the action of the day, and our gusts had a great time dancing at the reception.

It was so nice to have everything work so flawlessly and professionally. We would definitely recommend Gotta Dance DJs.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Alison · Married on 08/31/2014

Seriously, you have no reason to pick any other DJ. I have seen a lot of people try to do it themselves or higher a family member to save money. It leads to dead air, disorganization, and awkwardness. Joe is amazing at what he does and you should get in touch with him as soon as possible!!!
    We saw that Gotta Dance DJ has always had great feedback, so I reached out to Joe. Each meeting we had with him was spectacular! He sends you home with some paperwork to fill out, including song choices (the "do not play" list was awesome!) He was extremely helpful with organizing everything, and quickly learned that my husband and I were bad wedding planners and was able to walk us through the whole process.
    Then came wedding day. Joe's timeline is phenomenal! He made sure that every person making a speech knew exactly when it was their turn. My brother asked Joe if he could add an extra toast. Joe was very kind to him, but also came to check with my husband and I to make sure it was okay. His equipment was top of the line and everything sounded very clear.
    And the music was fun! I love dancing, and the dance floor was PACKED the entire night!

Sent on 02/22/2015