Gotta Dance DJ's Reviews

214 Reviews for Gotta Dance DJ's

• Ngoc

Ngoc Vu · Getting married on 02/08/2022

Huge Part of a Perfect Day

Joe was absolutely phenomenal at our wedding!!! We couldn't be happier with our experience. He's incredibly responsive and approachable. His level of professionalism and eagerness to help make our wedding day a dream was apparent instantly. My husband and I needed a lot of guidance through our wedding planning process and he made everything seamless. Whether through phone calls or emails, Joe was always there for us. His expertise was invaluable. We knew we could trust him with our special day. He thought about details we hadn't even considered and was very meticulous about making sure our vision come to fruition.

I'm Vietnamese and it was important for me to incorporate some Vietnamese music into my wedding day. Joe was more than happy and willing to work with me on some of the songs. He got back to us with edits of songs quickly to make sure everything was what we wanted.

Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we came to the difficult decision of rescheduling our wedding. It was an emotional straining to reschedule all of our vendors. WE WERE SO HAPPY WE WERE ABLE KEEP JOE AS OUR DJ!!! We never knew how vital it was to a wedding to have an amazing DJ.

One of his best qualities is how flexible he was with last minute changes and that really put us at ease.

On our wedding day, he was essential to keeping everything organized and moving smoothly. He checked in with us throughout the night to give us heads of ups of what's to come and to make sure we still ok with the timeline/agenda/music or if things needed to be shifted around.

He kept our guests entertained when we were taking pictures/ doing wardrobe changes.

His talent truly truly shined when it came time to dance. We had a small wedding due to COVID and wasn't sure if people would dance that much but Joe reassured us that it wouldn't be a problem. My goodness, we couldn't stop dancing. We ended up extending our wedding by almost an hour because no one wanted to stop dancing as he played crowd pleasers after crowd pleasers!!! It was hard to even get off the dance floor for a water break no matter how dehydrated you are because you didn't want to miss the next song.

EVERYONE at our wedding commented about how great Joe was. Multiple people told us that he's the best DJ they've seen at any wedding!!! He was a huge part of making our day perfect. Don't hesitate to book him! We're endless grateful that we did.

Sent on 09/10/2020

Chad A Yelinski · Married on 08/15/2020

Wonderful DJ

Joe is the man. We were so thankful to have selected him to DJ our wedding. He prepared everything perfectly; kept the party and dance fun; and was incredibly respectful to all of our guests. We could not provide a higher recommendation - you will be happy for picking Joe as your DJ for your wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Tough · Married on 08/01/2020

Highly Recommended!

My husband and I got married on August 14th, 2020, at Black Canyon Inn, Estes Park and had Joe as our DJ. First off, if you want a DJ who is personable, organized, listens to client needs and provides suggests when wanted he is the right DJ for you!

We asked him to be there for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Throughout the whole day Joe helped keep everyone organized, helped que the people giving speeches, helped my husband and I know what the next event was (ie cake cutting, speeches, specific dances) all of which helped keep the whole day very organized, flow smoothly and less stressful for my husband and I.

If you choose to work with Joe (which I highly recommend you do) you will not be disappointed! The moment it was time to get up and dance Joe began playing a crowd pleaser song and encouraged everyone to get up and dance. He was so engaging with all our guest, played ALL the songs we asked for and the whole night there were people dancing and having a blast!

Again, Joe is very professional, great to work with, full of enthusiasm and you can tell he genuinely loves his job! Since the wedding, our guests are still talking about how awesome our DJ was! My husband and I could not have asked for a better DJ and we are so thankful we picked Joe as he truly helped make our special day fun and one to remember!

Thank you so much Joe!

Sent on 09/06/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon Donlan · Married on 07/18/2020

Gotta Hire

Joe was wonderful and so professional throughout the entire planning process! Our wedding was only 13 people (instead of the original 120) due to COVID, but Joe made sure it still felt like a party. He nailed our music style and the approved requests he received from our guests. He even helped edit the song I walked down the aisle too and it lined up perfectly! You will not be disappointed if you go with Joe.

Sent on 08/11/2020

Brenda · Married on 07/03/2020

Great experience!

Very quick at answering questions and getting back to us, our venue highly recommended them.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Scott · Married on 03/08/2020

Joe was outstanding! Extremely organized & professional

Joe was outstanding! Everything was seem-less and he was a TRUE professional. From the initial meeting, to the website, professional sound systems, introductions, communication... We couldn't have asked anything more and made our wedding perfect! :) Shannon&Scott

Sent on 09/01/2020

Jenna · Married on 01/10/2020

Best dance party. Ever.

We could not have been happier with Joe from Gotta Dance DJs! Joe was organized, patient and helpful with us throughout the whole process (especially as two people who were generally procrastinated throughout the entire planning process). Joe was available for questions and suggestions, and kept us on track.
    The reception went beautifully. I can personally attest, having refused to leave the dance floor at my wedding, that the floor was lit up the entire time. Joe balanced our musical requests and tastes with tunes that kept every generation happy. We heard endless positive remarks from guests, many of whom requested Joe's contact info.
    Our only regret is that we can't relive this experience again and again. Best dance party ever.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Ed Cooper

Ed Cooper · Married on 12/10/2019

Perfect wedding dj

I'm not one to write reviews, but Joe was absolutely phenomenal. From our initial talk, to planning, through the end of our wedding day he made everything stress free. His website makes everything simple to plan. He understands that it is your day and will accommodate any requests you have but also has tons of great ideas to make everything go as smooth as possible. He does so many little things that probably go unnoticed by many. Our venue was excited when we told them we had picked Joe as our dj. Give him a call if you're looking for a dj. He gave us the perfect wedding. Thanks so much Joe!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2019

Five stars is not enough to show our appreciation and how AMAZING of a DJ Joe truly is! We were beyond impressed by the entire presentation. The music selection was amazing, the up-lighting was romantic and the night flowed exactly how we wanted! We received SO many complements on the music and the way the night went! Joe kept us in the loop at all times and ran things absolutely perfectly. I don't think there was ever a moment the dance floor wasn't packed! The photo montage was beautiful and he even did it with very short notice on our part (THANKS JOE!!!) We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding and we truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making that one of the most memorable nights of our lives!

Sent on 10/07/2011

Monica Petty · Married on 09/24/2019

Outstanding!!

Joe was very friendly, energetic and responsive with emails and phone calls. I truly had a blast working with him and I would recommend him to everyone I know! He kept the party alive all night and everyone had such a fun and amazing time!!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Anderson · Married on 09/21/2019

Simply, the best!

There aren't enough words to thank Joe for the best night of our lives. 1. Dance floor PACKED, all night 2. His online portal was so helpful in the planning process 3. Joe is so organized and made the night run so smoothly, speeches, intros, first dances. He nailed it. 4. THANK YOU JOE!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Libby

Libby House · Married on 09/14/2019

You Gotta Get Gotta Dance DJs!

I originally didn't intend to have a DJ. I thought I couldn't afford one and that a phone playlist would be fine. I realized that it was my biggest fear to put all of this effort into planning this party and to have nobody dance! So I met Joe at the Stanley Hotel in January 2019 at a Bridal Show and he was captivating as a person in general. His wife was also there, being a total crack team! They were lovely and even had worked at my venue before (YMCA of the Rockies, Mountainside Lodge). I was pleased to find out that Joe was absolutely reasonably priced and was so helpful in the planning process. Of all my vendors, Joe was my favorite. He didn't add any stress to me or my husband on our big day and had the dance floor flowing SO seamlessly, that my mother even asked "are you sure he did anything?" LOL, yes I sure am! He read the dance floor like magic, playing all the right songs at the right times, hyping up the crowd, and getting their attention when necessary. I would recommend Gotta Dance DJs one hundred times over. Thanks, Joe!!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Daphne Schoenfeld · Married on 09/09/2019

the absolute best to work with

Working with Joe was easy from the beginning - his online client portal makes it simple to organize must play songs (as well as do not play!). He is incredibly responsive via e-mail, and has a pleasant upbeat personality which our guests noticed and appreciated very much - very fun and not too serious or boring. We had our reception at the Twin Owls Steakhouse which he had worked with previously, so set up and tear down went without incident. His music was not too quiet nor too loud, and he found the perfect songs to fill in the gaps. His lighting set up was great for the space, as well.

Without Joe it would have been impossible to stay on track with timing of welcome messages, dedicated songs and dances, cake cutting etc. We were on track all night with the day of timeline that we had created together on the phone. He was even able to improvise with his playlist right there, when an impulsive Jewish dance the Hora broke out on the dance floor!

I knew it would be challenging to impress some of my friends, since many of us used to frequent bars/clubs/raves/festivals back in the day - even the snobbiest of my friends (who used to be a DJ himself) had a blast nerding out discussing old school Chicago house music with Joe at the end of the night. If you like techno/house/EDM - Joe is your man. He had the crowd moving and dancing and we were all sad when the music had to end at 10pm (venue's rules!) - we could have partied till sunrise!

One of our groomsmen who was inebriated approached Joe requesting to do a toast, then Joe approached me asking what my thoughts were - I cannot thank him enough for this, as we did not want any strange embarrassing moments in front of all of our family and many of our friends. We came up with 'need to stick with the timeline' and that was that!

I highly recommend Joe and hope you consider him for your wedding, as having him at ours was one of our highlights!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • F

Felicia Lanzarone · Married on 08/30/2019

Joe is the best!

We are so glad we went with Gotta Dance DJs! As soon as we met Joe we knew he would be a great DJ, he was extremely professional, and also fun! He was quick to respond to any emails and sent out reminders to fill out our music and timeline. His online portal made planning SO easy. We really liked that there were song suggestions for every moment and we were amazed that there was even a guest request link, where guests could enter their favorite songs online. Our friends and family were all over the place the day of the wedding, and Joe did such a great job getting people where they needed to be. Our guests have completely different tastes in music, but Joe was able to mix up all the genres and keep everyone on the dance floor for the entire night. We felt the DJ was one of the most important parts of the wedding, since they facilitate your entire party, and we are so thankful we found Joe at the Estes Park Bridal Show! Even our guests came up to us after the wedding and told us how Joe did an amazing job!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Robin · Married on 08/24/2019

Look no further!

Seriously, look no further for the best wedding DJ ever! Joe with Gotta Dance DJs was above and beyond what we could have asked for in a DJ for our wedding. Throughout the entire planning process, he was there supporting us and helping us get things figured out. His website and client platform are amazing and make planning out the day so easy! During the reception, he was attentive and kept our guests dancing all night! Our guests are still raving about how great the music was and how fun the reception was! Do yourself a favor and hire Gotta Dance DJs!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Allison

Allison Raftary · Married on 08/24/2019

Book Joe if you want the dance floor at your wedding to be rocking!

Both as MC and DJ, Joe kept spirits high throughout the night, and numerous guests commented that it was one of the most fun, dance-filled weddings they had been to. In addition to the music, Joe’s planning services for the ceremony and reception were really helpful. We decided to plan our own ceremony, and he gave us some good tips for music and the run of show. Same goes for the reception itself. We really appreciated his attention to detail – he made sure to double check that he knew all of the key players in the wedding down to correct pronunciation of their names. Throughout the night, he checked in on us a few times (appropriately, never overbearing) to let us know when certain key moments were about to happen. His organization and professionalism were top notch. Thanks for playing a big role on this unforgettable night, Joe!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Anna Beth

Anna Beth White · Married on 08/10/2019

Gotta go with Joe!

I can not say enough good things about Gotta Dance DJ's. Music is so important to my now husband and I, and Joe immediately took to our style, but his services are much more than music. Joe guided our day, he created this flow of our events, everything was seamless. Then, we partied- Joe's mix kept everyone dancing! And if you are considering the silent disco services, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a first time experience for most of our guests, and EVERYONE had the BEST time. Something about putting those headphones on makes you feel like no one is watching. The time of our lives!!

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Dan

Dan McGrew · Married on 07/20/2019

Awesome time! LGBT friendly!

We got married at Della Terra in Estes Park over the weekend with 175 guests, and we had Joe as our DJ. He was absolutely incredible!! Our discussions before the ceremony were great because he was such a positive guy and asked all the right questions to ensure every detail was perfect. During the wedding itself, he got everything cued up for the strings players we had, and when it started sprinkling, he jumped into action with an umbrella to cover the readers. For the reception, he was an awesome ball of energy, got everyone amped up, kept us up to speed throughout the night, and had the perfect music mix to hit the right vibes at the right times. We’d highly recommend Joe!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Kara

Kara Bauder · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing DJ

Joe was amazing during our 2019 wedding. We had a ton of feedback saying that our music was great and that it was such a fun reception. Not only was the music great, but Joe helped us to stay on track with everything throughout the reception. He was very professional and a delight to work with.

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Ross

Ross Grande · Married on 06/09/2019

Destination Wedding Dream

Joe was absolutely amazing to work with! He made the entire experience so easy and seamless. We sat down with him ahead of the wedding and got very clear on a plan and flow of our reception. His recommendation for how to do our first dance was not only unique, it was one of the best recommendations that we have ever gotten! This guy is THE REAL DEAL. We vetted three vendors in our process and Joe was head and shoulders above the other two.

Sent on 11/30/2019

Becca · Married on 05/11/2019

5/11 Wedding

Joe came recommended to us by our venue and we absolutely loved working with him! Both my husband and myself are quite introverted and Joe was incredibly attentive to our wants (no toasts, etc) for the day of. He had a detailed timeline for us to complete and worked closely with our caterer and venue to ensure everything went smoothly. When our photos ran long, he communicated with everyone necessary to time our entrance and kept the party going all night long (even with our small number of guests)! We did a last dance with just myself and my husband, and I noticed afterwards that Joe had even stepped outside to give us the moment truly to ourselves. His professionalism and thoughtfulness amazed us and we absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Rebecca Basgal · Married on 04/13/2019

Best DJ Ever

Joe is absolutely amazing! We were not sold on a DJ but Joe went above and beyond his responsibilities to make the day even more perfect! We are so thankful to have had him for our big day!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Ashley · Married on 01/26/2019

Definition of Professionalism

Joe with Gotta Dance DJs is an absolute professional. He directly ensured that the wedding went off without a hitch. Acting as the DJ and MC, he managed our wedding timeline perfectly while also playing great jams that kept the party rocking all the way through. Our reception was a complete hit, in large part thanks to Gotta Dance DJs! Several of our guests commented on how good the DJ was. Thanks again for the wonderful experience.

Sent on 03/11/2019

christine · Married on 01/12/2019

Wonderful DJ/MC

We almost didn't a hire a DJ and let me tell you what a mistake that would have been. Joe was both a wonderful DJ and MC during the wedding. I know for a fact our wedding would not have been the perfect night it was without him. He did the ceremony and reception music and it was great. I really cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 02/23/2019