Gotta Dance DJ's Reviews

190 | Estes Park, CO

190 Reviews for Gotta Dance DJ's

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Getting married on 09/28/2019

Five stars is not enough to show our appreciation and how AMAZING of a DJ Joe truly is! We were beyond impressed by the entire presentation. The music selection was amazing, the up-lighting was romantic and the night flowed exactly how we wanted! We received SO many complements on the music and the way the night went! Joe kept us in the loop at all times and ran things absolutely perfectly. I don't think there was ever a moment the dance floor wasn't packed! The photo montage was beautiful and he even did it with very short notice on our part (THANKS JOE!!!) We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding and we truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making that one of the most memorable nights of our lives!

Ashley · Married on 01/26/2019

Definition of Professionalism

Joe with Gotta Dance DJs is an absolute professional. He directly ensured that the wedding went off without a hitch. Acting as the DJ and MC, he managed our wedding timeline perfectly while also playing great jams that kept the party rocking all the way through. Our reception was a complete hit, in large part thanks to Gotta Dance DJs! Several of our guests commented on how good the DJ was. Thanks again for the wonderful experience.

christine · Married on 01/12/2019

Wonderful DJ/MC

We almost didn't a hire a DJ and let me tell you what a mistake that would have been. Joe was both a wonderful DJ and MC during the wedding. I know for a fact our wedding would not have been the perfect night it was without him. He did the ceremony and reception music and it was great. I really cannot recommend him enough.

• Krista

Krista Johnson · Married on 10/19/2018

Above and Beyond - Best DJ Ever!

Joe has so many great reviews, my husband and I had no worries that he would make our reception in Estes Park a fun time. But we didn't really expect him to go as above and beyond as he did to make our day unforgettable. First, he made the planning process so easy and was great with suggestions for key songs that we were stuck on, and found certain songs he hadn't used before when we knew exactly what we wanted. Then, we had some old music from my husband's dad that was horrible quality, and Joe went out of his way and spent a lot of time helping us get it to a place where we could play it at our reception. I really can't say enough about how grateful we are that he made it work, it was such a special touch to the perfect day. I also have never been to a wedding and had a second thought about how good or bad the DJ was, but he had a bunch of guests come up to us and comment on how great our DJ was.
    We made a great decision in hiring Joe, he's such a fun DJ who also maintains a high level of professionalism while he's working. If given the chance we'd hire him again, no question!

Claire and Ned · Married on 09/22/2018

Joe was absolutely amazing! We booked him for our wedding this past weekend, and I couldn’t have been more impressed. The music was flawless and kept everyone on the dance floor, and he was very organized and helped keep everyone in the loop throughout the entire night. Some of our bridal party and family thought he might have been the event planner! He was super easy to work with, and really helped us develop the music and the event exactly how we wanted it. I highly recommend you book him, you will not be disappointed!

Brady · Married on 09/21/2018

Joe with Gotta Dance DJ's is simply the best. For the past year, we've been in touch with Joe building out exactly what we wanted for our wedding.

He provides excellent customer service with his communication and custom event portal, where you have the ability to build your dream playlist for any occasion. As Joe now knows, I'm particular about music, but he found the obscure songs we wanted to incorporate into our wedding ceremony.

At the reception, we danced for hours without skipping a beat, or having a down moment. We had a tough crowd to please, but everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to!

Absolutely incredible decision to go with Joe and Gotta Dance DJs. You can't go wrong bc Joe will get you songs, the acoustics, and the microphones. Joe's the man!

Larissa · Married on 06/03/2018

Joe was absolutely perfect! My first reason for hiring him was because he was the only DJ I requested a quote from, that wasn't pushy. My second reason was because he had the lowest pricing of everyone else I talked to. He always responded great and was very easy to talk to. When the day came, he was amazing! He made the wedding fun and was on point with the night's schedule. He is a legitimately nice person to everyone at our wedding and he helped make it as great as it was. I would definitely refer anyone else to him because you will not be disappointed!

Nancy · Married on 04/21/2018

Joe was fabulous with our guests! He is a true professional with a great personality. His lighting added so much to make the atmosphere on the dance floor romantic. It’s one of the first times I’ve experienced guests staying on and dancing until the wedding was over. The guests all had something special to say about Joe.
    Thank you for making my granddaughters lifetime event so lovely. May God bless you, Joe.

Charlotte · Married on 01/13/2018

WOW Joe was amazing! He did exactly as promised. People of all ages were on the dance floor all night. Mine and my families legs hurt the next day from dancing so much. When my husband and I first met Joe we loved his energy and vibe. He was trustworthy and made us feel comfortable. The whole wedding night and days following we heard how wonderful our DJ was. I wanted a DJ that played good music and didn't use cheesy antics to get people to dance. We knew he had everyone ready to party when during dinner he dropped the verse on "Sweet Caroline" and everyone joined in. He cut some songs short if they were not being received well and really paid attention to the crowd. I was so relaxed knowing he would tell me what to do when and gave me advanced noticed on when things were going to happen. I found Joe online and am so thankful we did. I could not have thrown such a great party and wedding without him!

Janine · Married on 12/31/2017

Joe was the BEST DJ we could have selected for our ceremony and reception. He truly deserves 10 stars! He was extremely professional and very well organized. Our ceremony was perfectly coordinated due to his music and flow. Our ceremony was outside and his sound system was flawless.

During the reception, It was obvious that Joe had a talent for reading crowds. He got everyone (guests age 2-85) on the dace floor. We feel extremely lucky to have selected Joe as our DJ and couldn't have asked for anyone better!!

Ellen · Married on 12/30/2017

Joe is not only a top-notch professional but a super nice guy. He didn't just show up and play music. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic about his role at the reception. He had a meeting with us ahead of time to try to get a feel for how we wanted the night to go. He gave us great recommendations and let us know when he (somewhat) disagreed. For example, we weren't planning on introducing the bridal party because of a couple of shy groomsmen, but he convinced us it would be a good idea, and in the end, I was glad we did it. But he was never pushy. My family had all kinds of special requests for the reception, little surprises, lip syncing, surprise appearances, line dance teaching, and surprise gifts for Best Dancer -- things like that. But we didn't want to force anything or make things awkward or interrupt the flow of the night. We wanted things to feel spontaneous and not over planned. We put EVERYTHING in his hands and just said, "Use your judgement! If the moment feels right, do it, but let's not force it." Joe made everything happen at EXACTLY the right time. He didn't overdo anything and he seemed to have a knack for just knowing when to do what. So many people complimented us on the music and the fun and how there always seemed to be something new happening..that was all Joe! We had the ideas but he was the one who executed it perfectly. My dad said in his speech that we had visitors from Peru and Columbia at the reception. Joe overheard this and played the most fun Latin American song that got our Latinos guests on the dance floor! Another thing: If Joe thought we should change a plan or thought maybe he should skip something (like a song we wanted to play), he just pulled me aside quickly and ran it by me. I really appreciated it. I can't recommend Joe highly enough. He truly made our night so memorable and so fun and he was so easy to work with. Hire him! You won't regret it!

Cindi · Married on 12/30/2017

Joe was the DJ for our daughter's wedding reception in Estes Park on 12/30/17. We give him the highest rating! He is a master at DJ-ing. He can certainly read the crowd and had everyone dancing. It was the best! Joe is also accommodating, listens to your suggestions, and is very professional. He loves what he does, and it shows. Thank you Joe!

Kelly · Married on 09/16/2017

The absolute best decision we made for my daughter Kelly and her husband David's wedding was hire Joe from Gotta Dance DJ's. Out of all of the vendors, he was the one person that held everything and everyone together. He totally came through at the last minute to take care of the music portion of the outdoor wedding venue at Rocky Mountain National Park. He was there before even the wedding party arrived, and earned every penny when the Officiant was 20 minutes late to the ceremony and we were needless to say in a bit of a panic. He kept us all calm and collected, as well as the time filled with music. At the reception, he was amazing as well, with a great variety of music for our wide range of guests. He also kept people dancing and entertained all night long. And again, when the Bride and Groom got stuck on a one way road taking pictures with the photographer in the National Park after the wedding, with no cell reception, he again kept us all calm. He adjusted the music schedule when they didn't walk in until the exact minute of the start of being introduced, a full hour late . Joe is the absolute best. It's one thing to be good when things go perfectly, but another to be great like Joe was when things don't exactly go as planned.
    Parents of the Bride, Jane and Gary Lambert

Lori · Married on 09/03/2017

Joe was an absolute joy to work with. He has this amazing ability to read a crowd and knew exactly what to do to get everyone involved and keep them involved to the end. We knew that a DJ could make or break a wedding reception, and we have Joe to thank for making it perfect.

Alan · Married on 08/04/2017

I can't recommend Joe and Gotta Dance DJ's enough! You simply must book Joe for your wedding. He was one of the reasons that our wedding was so fantastic. Worth every penny.

• User7680896 · 1+ year ago

I can't even put to words how great Joe was for our wedding. This guy was impressive, and extremely organized. He knows what he's doing, and any time something came up he was quick to give us a heads up as to what was about to happen. We couldn't have asked for a bette DJ.

Lina · Married on 07/14/2017

We used Joe from Gotta Dance DJ's for our daughter's wedding at Taharaa in Estes Park just last week. From the time that I contacted him last summer until the wedding, Joe was on top of things. He made sure Erin and her fiance had what they needed, met with them and made them feel so relaxed and he was so helpful with the music and "filling in the blanks". Personally, whenever I had a question, he was quick to respond and helped put me at ease that he knew exactly what he was doing. As for the wedding and reception, he was AWESOME! Knew just what to play to get the crowd out dancing and could also get a sense of what appealed and what didn't. Loved him! Use Joe - you won't be sorry!!!!

Adam · Married on 07/01/2017

Joe and Gotta Dance DJs was the best service we could've ever chosen for our wedding! He was so personalized, so professional, and catered to our tastes and preferences, while mixing in some amazing other tunes seamlessly. He is the BEST DJ in Colorado and we would recommend him to all of our friends and family if ever needed!!!! Don't look any further - Joe is the man!!!! Made our wedding exceptional! So many people said it was the best DJ/Dancing they've ever been to at a wedding :-) :-)

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Joe was outstanding at our wedding on 10-15-16. He was on top of everything before the ceremony - there was a little bit of paperwork - but not too much - to ask us about our wedding party and what songs (with TONS of suggestions) then we had a couple calls (I was an out of town bride). He really understood who we were as a couple and he made the entire night seamless. We told him how important dancing was to us, so he made sure everything ran on time so we got maximum fun/dancing in. Multiple guests came up to me, the groom and our parents saying how incredible the song lineup was - no one would get off the dance floor! If you want a stress-free, amazingly fun time definitely book with DJ Joe. I can't say enough good things about him!!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2016

Joe was FANTASTIC, he blew us away! Everyone was commenting on how great the DJ was!
    We were super impressed at the initial consultation; Joe is very organized and professional; he drew us up a recommended timeline for the entire wedding, which was slightly different than the norm but ended up helping to keep our guests entertained and minimize downtime. He sketched out a recommended setup for tables/dance floor, and he has a great eye for detail and addressed several details we had not even thought of. Right away we felt confident the music piece would go smoothly!
    We wanted a big dance party for our wedding and he totally delivered; Joe has a great feel for what will keep everyone dancing and does a great job at mixing new songs with classics; looking back we should have ordered a bigger dance floor because it was packed for the entire night (Joe did recommend this at our initial meeting but we didn't think we need to spend the extra $ and didn't quite grasp how he would get EVERYONE up out of their seats-take his advice on size of dance floor!) He also takes care of lighting which is set perfectly to the songs. Last minute, on the advice of our day-of planner, we added on the ceremony package and I am so so happy we did; it was an outdoor wedding, became very windy during the ceremony and Joe had provided some sort of wind-blocking mic for the ceremony, I don't think anyone would have heard our ceremony if it wasn't for that. He also had fantastic recommendations for ceremony songs, his song list was a huge help in figuring out our ceremony style. Joe also did not flinch at our last minute ceremony addition and we are so thankful he was available for the extra time. Joe was organized, professional, experienced, made our reception SO FUN and attentive to detail; one of the best decisions we made while planning was to hire him, thank you Joe!

Terry · Married on 08/13/2016

If you want to COMPLETELY relax and enjoy your wedding, with your DJ orchestrating the perfect reception, then Joe from Gotta Dance, is your guy. He sent us a folder of information to review, and then met with us a few weeks before the wedding to go over our ideas and share his own, to create the timeline for an amazing event. He was there hours early to set up, and coordinated with the bar tenders and servers so the timing was perfect for everything. He guided us through each part of the night, and had everyone dancing, participating and happy! Thank you so much, Joe!

Craig · Married on 07/23/2016

Joe is extremely well organized prior to the event, he understanding the music choices for the bride and groom, while taking the time to really get to know the bride and groom. Once the reception begins he carefully orchestrates the entrances of the wedding party and then plays an outstanding set of music hanging completely in the background with the focus 100% on fantastic music, great energy and one fun party. I would highly recommend Joe.

Ali · Married on 07/22/2016

Joe was great to work with from the very beginning, he responded to my initial email right away and got us his DJ packet within the week we hired him. The packet he provided was full of great ideas and song choices to help with the planning process. During our first sit down meeting Joe was excited, professional and prepared- he was extremely helpful in the planning process, we walked away from the meeting feeling so relaxed because we knew he had it all under control. A few days prior to the wedding I had last minute questions, Joe responded immediately-providing recommendations and even creating an edited version of the song I wanted so the build up to my entrance was perfect. The day of the wedding comes and Joe KILLS it! He lead the entire evening flawlessly and the dance floor was packed the entire evening. We could not have been more happy with our decision to choose Joe! We would recommend him to everyone and hope that we have an event where he can be our DJ again!

Marci · Married on 07/16/2016

Joe was great. He is professional, came early to set up. He went above and beyond working with an aerial dance company to provide them with additional sound for the reception. He read the crowd so well and kept the party going all night!!!! DO NOT hesitate to hire him, he did a wonderful job all-around!

Patrice · Married on 07/01/2016

Joe was amazing! He made us feel very comfortable in the planning phase of our wedding. He was super easy and flexible to work with. He was completely professional, attentive and organized on the day of our wedding. I would highly, highly recommend him to be a DJ for any type of function. So many people were dancing and having fun . . . he knew exactly what type of music to play and when to play it. He was also a huge help in keeping activities running smoothly! Joe rocks!