Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

120 Reviews for Bridal Hair & Makeup Agency NY

4.7

0.0

After reading so many good reviews I was very disappointed with this vendor. My originally trail was cancelled on the morning of my appointment. I rebooked a week later only to be told an hour before leaving work (having arranged to leave early for a second time) that I would need to reschedule again. Very unprofessional. I'm looking for a new vendor as I don't think I could rely on them on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Donna, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

Amazing hair and make up artist that make you feel and look like a princess! I love their friendly service and great prices. Highly recommend brides to be to set up a trial and see for yourself!

Profile Picture Brisa, 5/10/14, 6 Reviews
0.0

I am writing this review as an upcoming bride. My wedding date is 10 days away on April 26th. I had a great trial with Gorgeous Bride in January. Two weeks ago I tried to contact Gabriel to update my services... my Grand mother & the flower girl for services. I still haven't heard back. I am getting really nervous as this is probably one of the last things I should be stresssing about. Has anyone on wedding wire been able to get in touch with them? I am very disappointed in their professionalism and am hoping to get in contact to confirm if I should find a last minute replacement.

Wedding Wire... please help!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/15/14, 1 Review
0.0

Stylists Beware: Do NOT work for Gabriel's Salon.
The owner, Gabriel Shimunov doesn't keep his word.
I have been working for many years as a stylist. Never have I encountered such unprofessional behavior. He is stealing from the stylists, because he doesn't pay them. I've worked for him for a year and a half, and I have NOT been paid! And I am not the only stylist he owes money. He is a liar and a cheat!
so you may be left stranded without a stylist on your wedding day. And you will not get a refund

Profile Picture User4103063, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My girls looked amazing and I felt amazing on my wedding day!! Hair and Makeup was amazing we all looked so beautiful people the whole evening was wanting to know who did our hair & makeup:) I truly recommend Danielle to do your makeup & hair at Gorgeous Bride - whether it's your wedding day ,prom night, or you simply want to get done up! I loved their hairstylist!

Profile Picture User3963894, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

They were worth EVERY penny! I had Danielle, Erica for both makeup / hair trial they know how to do make up that is meant to be photographed and do incredible hairdos -- they did my seven bridesmaids, my mother and my mother-in-law. Every step of the way. They came to my home on my wedding day which was so great. Not only Erica and Danielle finish everyone's hair and make up on time, but it was seriously the most pleasant experience. None of us felt rushed, and they even helped calm my nerve with the great sense of humor and fun. I really loved everything "Agency" did for me and I feel like I looked naturally beautiful on my wedding day

Profile Picture User3967058, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

For my wedding this month I used Goegeous Bride for my hair and make up. Gabriel did my hair as well as my mothers and 3 bridesmaids. Lauren was on makeup. They both did an excellent job getting us all ready for the big day. Lauren was so sweet on time and did our makeup flawlessly. Gabriel handled getting 5 girls hair done with ease, making each one of us look so beautiful! The morning ran smooth and they were both calming forces as things started getting hectic around the house. I would definitely recommend using Gabriel and his team for any event you need to be glamed up for!

Profile Picture User3695319, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mila did an amazing job on everyone's hair and makeup!!! She went above and beyond to make my day special. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup. I would highly recommend Bridal Hair & Makeup AgencyNY/ Gorgeous Bride NY to anyone!!!!

Profile Picture Desiree, 9/14/13, 1 Review
3.5

The makeup was perfect. The hair fell out. I have pictures during the ceremony where it already started falling out. It looked really messy throughout the evening, which was not what I wanted.

Profile Picture Corinne, 9/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Adriana (makeup) and Mabel (hair) did the most amazing job for our wedding hair and makeup. We had 5 girls getting ready wedding day morning and they handled all of us perfectly. They arrived on time and with everything they needed. They had smiles on their faces and fit in well with our group. Adriana’s makeup application was subtle, yet GORGEOUS. I have never seen my mother look at beautiful as she did that day. Everyone looked great and radiant. Mabel did a phenomenal job on everyone’s hair as well. Yet again, my mother’s hair was amazing. I loved my sister in law’s and my own hair as well. Unbelievable! They were very professional and I couldn’t be happier with the services provided. Leading up to the day, Gabriel was very attentive and great at keeping in touch. The make up trial was totally worth it. I’m a penny pincher, but knowing ahead of time that I was going to LOVE my hair and makeup choices was worth every penny. Go with this company! You will not be sorry!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/31/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough good things about this place. I went in and told them exactly what I wanted! After two failed consultations with other stylists, I found Gabriel less than a month before my wedding. Gabriel was super responsive and helpful. My trial was great and Gabriel worked with me to create exactly what I wanted. I have curly hair, which is why it was such a struggle for me to find the right person. Gabriel did an amazing job styling my bridesmaids, my mom, and myself on the wedding day. Everyone looked beautiful and the pictures came out amazing! Gabriel is such a sweet and talented person and I would highly recommend using him for your wedding. The whole experience was a good one and I'm recommending them to all my newly engaged friends.

Profile Picture User3594037, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Gabriel, Lauren and their team were the best I have ever worked with. They were flexible, calming and amazing at their crafts. My entire bridal party and my hair looked STUNNING on my wedding. As an event planner I demand perfection and I received it at what was an EXTREMELY fair, and deserved cost.

Profile Picture Corinne, 6/29/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

This is the best bridal team you can get! Very professional and responsive. You are in good hands if you work with Gorgeous Bride. I worked with Mila who did my hair for my wedding. I had several trials with other artists before meeting her, all of which were a big disappointment. Mila was the only one who got my style and created two looks (I had 2 events) that were stylish, elegant, and fit my personality. She wound up doing my hair, my mom's hair, and 2 friends over our wedding weekend. Everyone looked fantastic!. Mila was calm, professional, and really enjoyable to have around for prep. She is an incredible stylist and has great instincts. I recommend her to anyone who wants to look their best on their wedding day!

Profile Picture lisa, 6/14/13, 2 Reviews
2.2

I don't know what people are thinking with the reviews. Maybe they're still on a high from their wedding, but to be completely honest, I am extremely disappointed in Gabriel's service. Gabriel did my hair + 7 bridesmaids, 2 mothers and a flower girl. He promised to bring an assistant to help with hair, as I asked on 2 separate occasions if he'll be able to finish 11 girls on time. He showed up the day of the wedding without an assistant. We were rushing to get girls done and went past the "be ready by" time. He was NOT flexible with hairdo's at all. Basically if he doesn't know how to do a hairstyle, he will try to talk you out of it endlessly. Every one of my girls with the exception of 1 was dissatisfied with his service. As the bride, he sprayed so much hairspray on my side bangs that they were hard and crunchy to the touch. It looked disgusting in pictures. My hair was falling out and was completely frizzy in the back/not smoothed out. My 2 maids of honors' hair fell out on our way to the reception. My mom's hair was frizzy and she was very disappointed. I keep looking back at pictures and wish I never booked him. Yes, his prices are reasonable, but do NOT work with him directly. If you must book through him, request another stylist or have him state in the contract that he's bringing an assistant. Oh, he also charged me full price for a bridesmaid who's hair was short up to her ears. He blow dried it for 5 minutes then told her he can't do anything else despite that she argued with him for 10 minutes telling him to at least make a braid. He refused and said it's too short, he can't work with it. He would not refund me the money. Booking Gorgeous Bride for hair was my biggest regret of the wedding. The makeup artist Adrianna was wonderful, though. I give her 5 stars.

Profile Picture Arto, 6/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had my hair and makeup done for myself, 6 bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother in-law. It made for a perfect day. Everyone chose their own up-do and make-up style. The stylists took care of everyone to the level we all felt like movie stars. Thank you for making me feel like a princess on my wedding day!

Profile Picture User3336387, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mabel who did my makeup and the makeup of my bridal party. She did a phenomenal job. Everyone felt and looked beautiful. Mabel is very artistic and made everyone look natural yet so incredibly lovely. Also, the makeup lasted all night! Gabriel did everyone's hair. I had my bridal party choose their style. Gabriel effortlessly did so many amazing styles! Gabriel and Mabel are warm, talented professionals. Their presence and artistry made my day so special!

Profile Picture penelope, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Adriana, the artist who did our makeup, was great! She did an amazing job, she was super kind, she answered all our questions and gave useful tips for make up. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User3303629, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.7

They are VERY reasonably priced, especially for NYC, which is why I went with them. Gabriel is super nice as is Lauren. They both really worked with me, they even let me have a 2nd trial when I was unsure of my first one. I really liked how accomodating they were leading up to the wedding.

Timing- I need to start with this because a lot of my "negatives" had to do with timing. They needed to have an assistant. I had 8 bridesmaids, myself, and my mother to have hair and makeup done and it was just Gabriel and Lauren to complete us all. By the time it was my turn, I only had one hour to do both hair and makeup. I wanted more done to make my makeup more "me" but there was no time. We started at 7 and were supposed to be done by 12, we weren't done until 1 or later. This was an issue because I HAD to be doing my first look at 1pm due to a permit at grand central. I think there should have been an assistant for such a large group. It really made the day stressful for me... We didn't have time for pictures with me/my bridesmaids getting ready/dressed.
Makeup- I loved my bridesmaid's make up. They were all beautiful. For me, however, I felt like it was a little too dark for me around the eyes and very pale on the face. It was fine though.
Hair- I loved my hair. However, a lot of my bridesmaids hair was coming undone by the time we were ready for pictures, another thing that took up time. Again, if there was an assistant I think it would have been fine. I thought some girls' hair was a little rushed.
Overall, my pictures look great and I would recommend them for their price. Everyone will look pretty. But I would HIGHLY recommend you request an assistant if you have a large bridal party (more than 4-5).

Profile Picture sarah, 5/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Magge was awesome! I felt like a princess, and my bridesmaids all looked fabulous too. Magge is very professional, as well as a talented artist. My friends have also used her for other weddings and they were all very pleased as well! . I really enjoyed working with the hair/make-up stylists.

Profile Picture User3963825, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.5

Gabriel did hair and Kaman did makeup for my four bridesmaids, my mother, my husband's mother, and me on the day of my wedding. We were all thrilled with Kaman - she took a lot of time to really focus on each girl, and we all looked unique and pretty. The reactions to Gabriel on hair were mixed. I loved my trial and he did a great job on the day of the wedding. However, he styled my Maid of Honor's hair almost exactly like mine, and when she wasn't happy and wanted to change it, he was very unwilling. She eventually convinced him to alter the style, but he cleary was annoyed and didn't want to. There was another bridesmaid who wasn't happy with her hair, and he refused to restyle it, saying that she would need to wash her hair first, and there wasn't enough time left in the day at that point. The final cost of everything was a bit higher than I expected (I was charged a $100 travel fee even though we got ready for the wedding a short subway ride away from their office space in midtown), and I felt that Gabriel should have been more accomodating to what the girls were asking for.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kaman and Cybil did my entire bridal party including moms' and my makeup -- which I think was a total of 16 people, and everyone looked gorgeous! I had my trial, which was great, and then they arrived day of on time and ready to roll. They were able to do a range amongst the girls - some more dramatic and others more natural. I would strongly recommend!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My Maids of Honor and me and I could not have been happier. You listened to my wants and combined them with your expertise to make me beautiful!!!! I cannot wait to share my photos with family/ friends… I hope to be able to use your services again for my friends wedding in next year!!!

Profile Picture Darlene, 1/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Emma you the best... really professional but also personable. . I could not have asked for any better service or a sweeter person to work with. She made me feel at ease, which is hard to do because I am self-conscious about my skin and makeup. My make-up on my wedding day was absolutely gorgeous

Profile Picture User3052596, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Thank you Julie!! She sweet and wonderful to have around on your wedding day. She answered all of my questions and made sure I had exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. She also did my mother, who never had a trial with Julie, and she looked amazing! I would definitely recommend her to anyone. Her skills are professional.

Profile Picture Chantelle, 12/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I would highly recommend Gorgeous Bride Agency. Susan does an exceptional job at bringing out your most beautiful features and her pleasant personality is just an added bonus! Let me just say I would pay more for her service... she does that great of a job... of course, I am not about to tell her that! She reassured me that her airbrush makeup would last for hours and she was right. Definitely recommend her to NY brides!

Profile Picture Nadia, 11/16/12, 1 Review