GoodeHair - Shannon Goode - Traveling Hair Stylist Reviews

128 | Marysville, OH

128 Reviews for GoodeHair - Shannon Goode - Traveling Hair Stylist

Barbara · Married on 07/11/2009

Shannon did an amazing job with my hair. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted done, and she was able to take one look at it and figure out what to do. I had an early morning wedding, and she was at my hotel early that morning. She did a great job with the entire wedding party, including my eight-year old niece that had snarls in her hair!

Sent on 01/24/2010

Kim · Married on 06/06/2009

Traveling Wedding Hair Specialists was great. We had a total of 5 girls including myself (the bride) who needed their hair done. Some people brought pictures of what they wanted and others did not. The hairstylist was able to recreate the pictures almost exactly. And for those who didn't have a picture she created the perfect hair do based on requests. The price was extremely reasonable and the stylist was very personable. All in all it was a wonderful experience. I have already recommended this company to another bride. The approximate $$ spent is total for the entire group

Sent on 07/05/2009

Kelly · Married on 05/30/2009

Shannon was wonderful in every way! She did all our hair efficiently and made extra effort with each person to make sure that each was happy with how their hair was done, after having interviewed me about my requirements as the bride. Her work quality is absolutely perfect as well as quick and efficient! The value of hiring Shannon cannot be beaten - her prices are lower than going to a salon but the experience is SO much better!!

Shannon was always very responsive to emails and calls, very quick responses; she was flexible, we don't live in Columbus so coming into town we weren't sure of all our arrangements/where we would meet, and she was very laid back about that (where others sometimes weren't). She was totally professional at all times, yet also really warm and friendly after she got to know us - so depending what you want as far as your relationship to her, she is very flexible.

As an added plus, Shannon even gave me a referral to a makeup artist, the person was booked but then referred me on to the one I used who was also terrific. This is to say, Shannon provides great service and is connected to others who do too. I really cannot recommend her highly enough, she was one of my favorite vendors to work with and always brought a smile to my face to deal with her.

Sara · Married on 05/23/2009

Shannon was great! I had eight people (including myself, the bride) that had their hair done the morning before the wedding. Shannon came out to my house and was wonderful! She was flexable and very hair savy! Everyone loved their hair and all the styles stayed the whole day. No one had any issues with their hair coming down or going flat. Shannon is A+!

Sent on 11/19/2009

marja · Married on 05/23/2009

Shannon made my girls and I look fabulous!! she is an artist, a joy to work with, very sweet , very professional and so diligent. She will not stop until you are perfect and stunning!! I love what she did with my and my flower girls hair! she made my bridesmaids look so gorgeous !! they did not want to wash their hair for days lol!.

I will absolutely recommend her 100% her prices are very reasonable and she takes plenty of time taking care of you. She was there on time and left after she made sure all of the ladies were perfect. We had all of the bridesmaid, flower girls and mother of the bride do their hair , Shannon works fast and very efficient!

Sent on 11/19/2009

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2012

Shannon was amazing to work with. She was able to style my hair, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law in about 3.5 hours and everyone looked wonderful. Shannon was able to travel to my hotel room the morning of the wedding which made for a fun, relaxing morning. I'd highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone to style their hair for their wedding.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/08/2012

Shannon did an excellent job with everyones hair! She is super fast and professional! I also appreciate her caring and sweet spirit. Thanks Shannon!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Renee · Married on 07/07/2012

Shannon was wonderful! It was VERY hot and humid on our wedding day and I was worried that our hair would all fall apart, but I was very impressed that everyone's hair stayed looking great for most of the night. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/18/2012
  • Y

kelly · Married on 09/10/2011

Shannon did a wonderful job. She was right on time and was very professional the entire time. My hair stayed in place the whole afternoon and even until the next morning. My bridesmaids looked amazing, most of them have very short hair and were not sure of the style they wanted. Shannon did an amazing job with both girls. I love Shannon I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

Overall, I was happy that I booked Shannon for my wedding day. She is so sweet and has a calm energy that makes you feel relaxed (which is very helpful for nervous brides, like me). She traveled to our hotel in New Albany and did my hair as well as my mom's and my mother in law's. I am extremely picky, especially when it comes to my hair. I've had some hair horror stories from being a bridesmaid, so needless to say I was hesitant about choosing a hairstylist. Shannon did a great job to reassure me during the hair trials and on the wedding day. I had her make small fixes to my hair at least 3 times and she worked with me to achieve the style I was looking for. The mothers are also pretty picky and they both loved their hair. Shannon was a half hour late for our appointment (she had another bridal appt scheduled downtown beforehand that ran over), but she handled it with professionalism and sincerely apologized a couple of times. I would recommend Shannon although do recognize you may need to be flexible because she books multiple brides within one day. If you are worried about this, make sure to book the first appointment of the day. Shannon does a great job and you can tell she takes pride in her work. Also, check out her Instagram...she posts regularly and it helps for hair inspiration!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Tammy · Married on 07/27/2014

Shannon worked really well on my hair. I didn't know how fast she does hair, most people take so long to do hair but that's not the case here. The only thing I wish I would still have is my photographer there to capture those pictures of her doing my hair. Thanks again for working patiently with me and making my hair look amazing.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Shannon was amazing! She did all of our hair in record time and managed to create the exact look I was going for. I would recommend her for any event - she is wonderful at what she does!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Jami · Married on 06/08/2013

Shannon did a great job on my hair the day of the wedding. My hair held in place all day and looked gorgeous. My hair in my pictures looked fabulous. She was very flexible and was able to do any hair style you would like. She is a bit expensive, but she does add the convenience of coming to your home and that really helps with time management and keeping on schedule. I am so thankful for her. When you go to her website, the person on the front page is not her. I thought I was seeing a picture of her, but it is really someone else. She is very nice, easy going, and friendly personality. She was able to do my hair in a down curly style, my bridesmaid in an up-do, and another bridesmaid with extensions. She was on time and works very quickly. I was originally disappointed with my hair trial because it did not stay more than a couple hours, fell down, and went straight. I was very worried and concerned that my hair would not look good on my wedding day and almost got someone else. I am so glad I trusted her and kept her as my stylist because she listened to my concerns and made the necessary adjustments on my wedding day and I had no problems at all. Thank you Shannon Goode.

Sent on 06/29/2013

Thank you so much, Jami!
    Actually, the person on the front page is me. lol : ) I have recently lost 30 lbs and desperately need to update the photo.

Katie · Married on 05/26/2013

She is awesome. Very personable and is someone you want around on your wedding day. She truly cares about her work and to make everyone look good!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Stacey · Married on 08/25/2012

Shannon was very nice. I tried a style out for a trial for my wedding. I wasn't 100% about it so I rolled the die the day of my wedding and requested a different style. I didn't have time for another trial since I lived in a different state. It looked pretty good. I just had one pet peeve about one of the angles but didn't notice it until she left. She was really nice when one on my higher maintenance bridesmaids requested a style change after she'd finished her hair. In the end in 90% of my pictures my hair looked perfect...so that's all that matters :).

Sent on 11/20/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2011

Shannon was far too sweet and nice! She made sure all of us were happy before she left. Everyone's hair looked great all night - even after ten hours of photos, dancing, and general mayhem. Shannon worked well with the makeup artist we chose and they were able to switch back and forth between us to get everyone ready on time. She was also flexible enough to change her arrival time just a few days before to accommodate our schedule.

I definitely recommend having hair and makeup artists travel to your location for your wedding - it makes it much easier for out-of-town bridesmaids if they don't have to find a new salon. Both of my bridesmaids were very happy with their hair and were exceptionally pleased that they didn't have to leave their hotel to get ready for the wedding.

I recommend Shannon for your wedding and any other special event you might have.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Lindsey · Married on 06/26/2010

Having Shannon be able to come to our hotel to have our hair done was amazing. My bridesmaids and I were able to just relax, drink mimosas and not have to worry about driving to a salon somewhere. Everyone's hair looked amazing and I was impressed with how quickly but thoroughly she was able to put everything together. All three bridesmaid styles were updo's but they were all unique and I think Shannon did a great job of pulling each of their styles into the hair. We all have a wide array of hair types, short, long, thin, thick and she worked with everyone's without any issues. I would definitely recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 07/13/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2009

Shannon was incredible. She was very easy going, professional and accomadating to all of my needs. She made getting ready for the wedding effortless. I highly recommend her if you need someone to do hair for multiple people and you don't have a lot of time. She's very experienced in getting things done within a strict time limit. You can't beat her quality and pricing. She helped me look perfect (and my bridesmaid's and Mother) for my big day.

Dianne · Married on 04/18/2015

Shannon is an artiste among hair stylists!! She provided us with professional and creative styles all within a tight timeframe. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Lyn · Married on 06/27/2009

3.5

Very good service. Very friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/24/2009

Shannon is great to work with and very professional. I went for a trial and she was able to do a updo quickly. She works fast and can accomodate a large group by herself. If you show her a picture, she can do it. She travels to you and brings everything with her. Overall, I had a pleasant experience. She has been doing this for a while and it shows :)

Sent on 07/06/2016

a · Married on 09/18/2010

3.5

Shannon was a great hair stylist. She is so patient and sweet. She is very professional and was willing to work with you on your hair style of your choice. For my wedding, my bridesmaid and I were open to ideas and she did everyone's hair on the spot with no problems. All the ladies loved their hair and satisified with the service.

Sent on 10/07/2010

dawn · Married on 08/05/2017

3.6
      3.5

When we were searching for on site hair stylists, Shannon was highly recommended. She had awesome reviews so we were sure we were in good hands. However, she showed up half hour late which began a chain reaction delaying transportation and limiting photography and videography prior to the ceremony. We will never get that half hour back.

When I called her to see where she was she said she was on her way and she thought the time was noon. However, the time in the contract was clearly 11:30am and this was confirmed in several emails leading up to the big day. When I originally spoke with her the time was actually 11:00, never was the start time noon.

We booked her about five months before the wedding to do hair for the bride (my daughter), six bridesmaids, and a junior bridesmaid. She was able to do the 8 updos in 3.75 hours which would have been fine if we had the full 4 hours that were scheduled. If we knew she was going to run over, we would have dropped the junior bridesmaid to try to catch up.

The bride wanted a blow out with her hair down. Shannon doesn't do that (most of the on site stylists don't), only styling from dry. So the bride went to a salon to have that done ahead of time. The bride had her trial with hair down and it did not hold up and went frizzy. So the actual wedding day style was an updo which was very lovely and held up for the entire evening.

I would say Shannon is very talented and does a great job getting many ladies ready in assembly line fashion. The actual hair styles were lovely and all of the ladies were happy with their hair. I just can't give perfect scores when the late arrival began a sequence of delays that screwed up the entire wedding day.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Dawn,
    Thank you greatly for your time in writing the review. I am greatly sorry for the misunderstanding. Timing worked out really well, it seemed. Finishing at the same time as the makeup artist was a positive. Everyone was lovely and absolutely stunning.
    It was a great honor to be a part of the wedding day beauty team.
    Thanks a Million!!

Katie · Married on 09/30/2017

3.4
      3.0

I loved Shannon. She was flexible , kind , easy to talk to. My only regret with her was that I booked her so in advance that and I did not think of my photographs. She ended up booking a wedding party before me and didn't even bother to contact me to confirm our time we had booked over a year in advanced. How am I to know that things could change? I wish that Shannon would of had the decency to contact me to confirm times before booking a wedding party before me. Instead I had to pay another 100$ for her assistant to show up late In the end she finished on time ... but was it worth my anxiety on my day ? NOPE. And definitely not the extra money.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Kristine · Married on 06/19/2010

2.8
      2.0

My hair had to be taken down and redone, was never even close to what I had asked for. My bridemaids each had a different style they wanted and gave her pictures of each. None of the bridesmaids hair looked like the pictures and in fact they all looked identical to eachother in a style none of them wanted. She was 45 minutes late and told me she needed to leave earlier than my contract time. Her pricing was very low which is what I wanted, I just did not expect to compromise the quality of my hair. In the end it looked ok, but nothing like what I had asked for. I would not use her again.

Sent on 07/07/2010

GoodeHair - Shannon Goode - Traveling Hair Stylist's reply:

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt that you had a bad experience. I always make it a point to make sure that everyone is happy with their hair before I leave. I thought everyone was happy with their hair.
    Note to Future Brides:
    Please be honest and tell the stylist if your not happy with your hair because it is one of the most important days of your life. My goal is to make you, the customer, happy!
    The other vendors and I thought the pictures of your wedding were gorgeous and it was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day!

God Bless!