Good Shepherd Ranch Reviews

Good Shepherd Ranch 6
Good Shepherd Ranch 7

Jen · Married on 09/28/2019

Makes dreams come true

Went out to the Good Shepard Ranch after finding out that our original venue actually wasn't our venue. The family that runs Good Shepard are very friendly and flexible with ideas for your party/wedding. Very easy to work with and to talk to about the dream you have for your wedding. I would definitely recommend that you talk with Good Shepard and see if they couldn't make your dreams come true too.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jen! We are honored & happy to have you! Very grateful for your review.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/13/2019

A gorgeous venue! Perfect for an outdoor wedding!

The Good Shepherd ranch is such a beautiful venue, the people who run it are amazing, kind people. They give out wonderful advice and was just great help with us planning our wedding. They helped my husband And mine dream wedding come true!! They provide food, which was a huge life saver as far trying to get cater and it was delicious! The decor and the layout they have there just is flat out beautiful! Your missing out if you don't check this place out and have your wedding there!!!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Anjelica

Anjelica · Married on 10/27/2018

Unique Venue!

This is definitely a unique ranch-style venue! We had so many compliments from guests saying that this was one of the best weddings they've attended. What was great was having the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dance floor all in one area. It was definitely the perfect place for our intimate wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Thomas · Married on 09/15/2018

I surprised my bride with a carriage ride from our venue to our resort at the end of our reception. It was late at night and the Good Shepherd made sure they were there early, set up without anyone noticing, and made it a very special ending to a very special day. I can’t thank them enough!!!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Good Shepherd Ranch 8
    Good Shepherd Ranch 9

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Happy to be of service!

Ann · Married on 09/01/2018

Totally in love with this venue. so different and unique. Great value, great ranch location away from the hussel and bussel of the major city, horse lovers dream place to get married . They provide just about everything you need for a wedding at a flat rate and very affordable , a wonderful dinner they provided, and a horse drawn wedding carriage fit for a princess. The staff was amazing and the owners are very accommodating , and very helpful . So happy with this ranch.

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2018

I don't even know where to start! My husband and I had our wedding at the Good Shepherd Ranch in April 2018, and it was so incredible! We chose the venue after our first venue, that will remain nameless, ended up double booking our date and told us that they could no longer accommodate us! I reached out to Francesca, and she let us come see the venue that weekend, and I instantly knew this was where I wanted our big day to be! There were a couple bumps in the road when it came to planning things that were stressful because I was planning our wedding from out of state, Francesca and her family were more than willing to help, and at times bent over backward to make sure we had everything squared away! When the big day finally arrived, they were so incredibly helpful, making sure everything when off without a hitch from getting ready, to lining everyone up, to the incredible food, everything was absolutely perfect! If you're in the process of deciding where you want your wedding and The Good Shepherd Ranch is a possibility, I strongly recommend that you chose them! They will not let you down! Thank you again to the Alliman family for everything!

Good Shepherd Ranch 10
    Good Shepherd Ranch 11
    Good Shepherd Ranch 12

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

Thank you. Grateful that we could be a big part of your amazing and very special day!

Noah · Married on 04/22/2018

Beautiful horse and carriage. Professional staff. Would recommend to any bride and groom.

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

Thank you so Kindly Noah!

Richard and Lynn · Married on 03/02/2018

Good shepard ranch was so wonderful to us! They went above and beyond what any bride could ask for in a - small , very affordable, very country, very elegant, western Ranch style wedding. They have water features, lawns and beautiful horses everywhere. Even had my own horse and carriage as part of the venue rental, also included all the chairs we needed, all linens we needed, all the tables we needed, and parking attendant - all at no extra cost, was all included in the venue's flat rate fee/cost. They do cater and provide a southern AZ ranch themed dinner if you choose, you can use an outside caterer but I highly recommend having them do the catering because the food was amazing, a lot of it, (a steak dinner with chicken and pork) also with vegetarian friendly options included, and the price was unbeatable and just a super great price. The venue is all outdoors but has beautiful covered pavilions with misters to take the heat of the day off & when we went into the evening they had patio heaters for those who wanted to take the chill off. We just thought they were so catering to us & our family, very good people who worked very hard to make sure our day was amazing! And the owner does do a lot of photography on the day which in my opinion were almost better then my professional photographer and the owner shared all the photos with me and my family on facebook, at no charge. Overall This an amazing place to have a wedding (if you love an outdoor Ranch atmosphere and Horses)! They were even very flexible with us as we changed our date several time with them but they were so easy to deal with despite us.

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 02/17/2018

Beautiful and worth the drive!!

I absolutely loved the Good Shepherd Ranch for my daughter's wedding. Not only is the location absolutely beautiful and exactly what my daughter wanted, but Francesca, her husband, and her daughter were outstanding in there help and service to my family and friends! I would, and have, recommend them to people look for a good wholesome place for a wedding! The food was amazing and the price was worth every penny! Don't be intimidated by the drive out there. Once you cross into the property, it is like an oasis in the desert! Definitely a must! Thank you!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

An honor to have you, your friends and your family! Thank you so much for choosing our ranch for such an important and special day.

Polly · Married on 12/30/2017

Your service was top notch!! Brought such a romantic curb appeal to our reception. It added such timeless beauty. Your horses and wagons are perfect for any gathering. Especially the fairytale princess perfect evening!! Will call you lr company again!!! Thanks so much!! The pricing was reasonable and they were very accommodating and professional.

Good Shepherd Ranch 13
    Good Shepherd Ranch 14
    Good Shepherd Ranch 15
    Good Shepherd Ranch 16
    Good Shepherd Ranch 17

Thank you so much!

Sandra · Married on 09/30/2017

Francesca and her family were great! From the initial walkthrough and meeting they made us feel like we could trust them with our big day. The location is beautiful with many locations for photo ops. The crew was great with planning and working with our vendors that we brought in. We also decided to go with them for food and boy was it delicious. To this day (a year later) we are still having people tell us that the food was delicious! I definitely would recommend The Good Shepherd Ranch and their team!

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We were very happy and grateful we could be a big part of your amazing wedding! Thank you again

Joel King · Married on 05/12/2017

Exceptional!

My wife and I were married here May 12th 2017. I cannot say enough great things! The venue is beautiful. It's a real working horse ranch so watch your step! They are the most accommodating of all the venues we spoke with. Francesca and David are fantastic hosts. If you want a REAL country wedding, it's worth the drive! Their food was exceptional, and everyone raved about how much fun they had.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Good Shepherd Ranch 18
    Good Shepherd Ranch 19
    Good Shepherd Ranch 20
    Good Shepherd Ranch 21
    Good Shepherd Ranch 22

Caryl · Married on 02/18/2017

The carriage ride made my daughter's quincenaera very special. It is a day she will remember forever!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Good Shepherd Ranch 23

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2016

Good Shepherd Ranch was amazing. They helped take my wedding guests from the parking lot where everyone needed to park, to the venue about a mile away. They were helpful, kind and made my special night one that I will never forget! The horses and the carriage ride were the talk of the wedding, my guests loved it and it added an extra feel of romance to the night. My guests were very excited to take the carriage ride and I am so grateful that the Good Shepherd Ranch made their night and mine that much better. I would highly recommend this company if you are looking to wow your guests and also have an incredible send off!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

Thank you kindly for the lovely review!

Jenna · Married on 09/17/2016

I was able to have my fairytale wedding with this venue.

Amber · Married on 09/25/2014

Absolutely love Good Shepherd Ranch! It’s absolutely beautiful and they did a great job at making our day perfect! Definitely recommend them for anyone looking for an outdoor ranch/rustic style wedding! Everyone is friendly and helpful! Perfect for that small personal and special wedding day.

Thank you Amber!

Kasey · Married on 02/16/2013

I love everything about the carriage ride! It was a surprise from my dad and I felt like a fairytale princess arriving at my reception in the horse drawn carriage. People KNEW I was a bride and waved from car windows adding to the entire experience. We did not get married on the ranch but I’ve since been and it is GORGEOUS! It was not an option when I got married but I wish it had been. Seriously, you could not ask for a better owner to work with.

Good Shepherd Ranch 24
    Good Shepherd Ranch 25
    Good Shepherd Ranch 26

Good Shepherd Ranch's reply:

THANK you for the kind words!

Cheryl · Married on 04/19/2013

Good shepard carriage services made my day so much more magical. Their horse was so beautiful & kind, not to mention the GORGROUS carriage. If you want that magical fairy tale touch with the white horse & carriage for your wedding I would HIGHLY recommend Good shepard. They are great to work with!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Vera · Married on 08/26/2018

0.8
      2.5
      0.5

We decided to go with the Good Shepard Ranch for our wedding. We picked out the venue based on pictures online and after talking with them on the phone we put down a deposit. After our site tour we spoke about details and future arrangements. About a month and a half before the wedding the property became extremely unresponsive to our inquiries via phone and email. We became frustrated and kept planning. One day via text I had asked for a few on site measurements, it is literally in their backyard, and their response was pretty much come out and do it yourself. The place was 40 miles from my home. We were asking for measurements because we planned on renting a tent to enclose a building from the sun and rent coolers as the wedding was for the end of August at sundown. We had even offered to purchase them for the property to use in the future use and split the cost. They denied the offering. I was concerned about the food arrangements. I was told the meat would come from a off site local butcher and they would prepare on site. Since I used to own a restaurant I inquired as to their Food Certifications for the facility and the preparations food safety protocols, she played dumb and acted like she had no idea to what I was referring. So last minute, less than 30 days before the wedding we decided to go with a different venue. They kept the $500 deposit. FYI this is a desert facility in someones backyard and they are overtly and uncomfortably religious. There are horse pens everywhere with too many horses in one area. They claim to be a rescue but I know for a fact they took in my friends horse for free then turned around and sold her. I decided to give up on the horse and carriage for something a little more classy, like was portrayed on the pictures. They offer off site horse and carriage service and have a few really nice ponds and mini photo areas.

Sent on 09/26/2018