Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club Reviews

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 3
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 4
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 5

3.0

The staff at Golden Ocala did their best to drop everything and make me happy. Julianne would take my calls no matter what she was in the middle of doing. I felt like a VIP every time I stepped on the premises.

Sent on 01/18/2014

Paula · Married on 03/09/2019

Spring Wedding

We just had our daughter’s wedding at Golden Ocala, the grounds are beautiful & the food was excellent! The wedding coordinator was very helpful with organization & suggestions. We had 150 guests with plenty of room.

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 6
    Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 7
    Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 8
    Sent on 03/20/2019

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you Paula. It was a beautiful wedding. It was all our pleasure to help create this special day for your family and friends.

All My Best,
    Alisa Carlino

3.5
      3.5

Pros
    1. Julianne, the on-site coordinator, is incredibly sweet and accommodating- she worked well with many of our vendors to ensure everything ran smoothly
    2. Erin, the attendant, pitched in to make sure everything was going to plan
    3. Julianne was kind enough to let us use lots of the house decor to help fill in our guest tables and decorate our sweetheart table
    4. At $100 per person (which includes taxes, food, fees, exclusive use of the venue), you simply cannot beat the value
    5. The grounds are kept in impeccable shape and the venue is breathtaking
    6. The pool, spa, tennis courts, etc are all available to guests who stay on site, making it perfect for a weekend getaway

Cons
    1. The food was not nearly as good at our wedding as it was at the tasting
    2. Many small details were overlooked or captured incorrectly, which required us to constantly review our order, track our payments closely and take notes to ensure nothing was being dropped
    3. Our bar bill was more than double what we were told to expect, which was frustrating since we had a small wedding (70 guests, many of whom did not drink much or at all)
    4. The sister company, Royal Shell, is incredibly difficult to work with- our friends and family rented about 15 properties at Golden Ocala and we were constantly having to follow up and clarify the reservation details with Royal Shell. Many of the houses were not in suitable condition (e.g. pools broken, patio furniture removed, dirty outdoor grill areas, etc) when guests arrived, which was disappointing and detracted from our guests' experience as they had to repeatedly call the Royal Shell offices.
    5. While wedding's are priced reasonably, hosting a rehearsal dinner is not and we ended up doing our rehearsal dinner offsite to save money

Sent on 12/28/2015

Emily · Married on 03/23/2019

3.6

Lovely venue

The venue was beautiful, and it was great that their normal decor/rose garden meant we didn’t have to spend much extra on decorations. The coordinators were great to work with, very friendly and professional and took everything in stride. The quality of the plated meals was less than we had expected based on the tasting, and for some reason they put out around 90 chairs for our ceremony in the rose garden, even though they knew we had about 75 total guests (including us and 12 bridal party). This caused some major confusion when it seemed like there were many people who hadn’t shown up when it was time to start, and caused the pictures to have a bunch of empty seats. Aside from those things, it was great! I definitely would not recommend dealing with Royal Shell Rentals, however. That is the real estate company that handles all the townhouse and on-property rentals. It was wonderful being able to stay on the property, but dealing with the people at Royal Shell was a COMPLETE nightmare.

Sent on 06/01/2019

2.6
      3.0

The ceremony and reception site is beautiful, and every guest at your wedding will comment on the beauty of the grounds and the decor of the country club. The food is AMAZING and exceptional for wedding food. From a guest perspective, your wedding will be perfect.

From a bride's perspective, the wedding planning was beyond stressful and difficult, as I personally did not receive a consistent answer to my wedding questions. I felt like my wedding was not a priority to the venue, as I had to persistently follow up. When I signed the contract, I felt like I would be a priority, and after that I didn't hear anything for nearly 9 months. When I asked on several occassions to bring my out-of-town fiance to see the venue (as it is gated), no one could ever accomodate me. I was not contacted about the details of my wedding, including food or final price, until the month before my wedding. I felt like I was always bothering the coordinator, and this made the month before my wedding extremely hectic. I loved the venue, but I was not happy with the customer service. I would recommend this to a friend if they fall in love with the scenery, as I did.

Sent on 03/22/2013

Heather · Married on 03/27/2010

1.4
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0
      1.5

Golden Ocala is beautiful, some of the staff are wonderful. My wedding was great but a lot had to be overlooked.

Sent on 03/29/2011

Emily · Married on 11/08/2015

0.4
      0.5

The venue was beautiful for pictures, however that's about the only thing I can vouch for this place. Julianne, made this place seem like a dream. Not only did her staff (or her!) steal over $1500 from our wedding card box, we were promised exceptional service, top notch meals, wedding coordination, seating set-ups, and she promised me that if "anything went wrong the day of, I would never know". The service was downright terrible. The staff was rude, pretentious, made nasty comments about my mom, and mocked my guests and table set ups. The meals were mediocre. Julianne's "wedding coordination" is not worth the extra $250. She refused to help with the seating set-ups that she "promised to do" and when I asked for help with anything she said it "wasn't her job". My family had a reserved row at the ceremony and when they sat down, Julianne kicked them out of the entire ceremony and made them stand in the back even after they said they were family. My own grandparents stood in the back of my wedding ceremony!! Every time a problem arose, I was the first person she went to which put an enormous amount of stress on me. She even went to the extent of interrupting my husband and I's dinner to tell me of a problem at another table. Her attitude and the way she carried herself was just as disgusting as her wait staff. The day after the wedding we noticed all the missing cards. Entire cards were missing and some cards that originally had cash were tore open and left empty. They stole over $1,500 cash from us. When I emailed Julianne about it, she wrote me a completely unprofessional and defensive email explaining it wasn't her or her staff and told me they had no cameras to prove it. After contacting the owner of Golden Ocala, we found that they do indeed have cameras and she lied to cover either herself or her staff. I had such a terrible experience at this place that I REGRET getting married here. Save yourself the outrageous amount of $$. Find somewhere else!

Sent on 12/08/2015