Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club Reviews

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 2
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 3
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 4
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 5

Julianne and Golden Ocala made us feel special, like we were the most important people that day.
    My first daughter was married at G.O. 5 years ago. So, you know it has to be a fabulous experience for her sister to get married at the same venue!!
    Best venue!!!!!!
    G.O. exceeded our expectations! Every detail was flawless. Julianne took the pressure off of the MOB , so I could enjoy my daughter.
    Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

I cannot thank you enough, Elisa, for your feedback. It is a pleasure to know that our efforts in creating the perfect environment for a Andrea's Dream Wedding, were successful! Working with your family was so enjoyable, I felt like I was planning my own daughter's wedding! Congratulations and a lifetime of happiness to my newest married couple! Hope to see you all back for their Anniversary... dinner is on me! :-)

Andrea · Married on 02/07/2015

After viewing 4 venues we decided on Golden Ocala the minute after finishing our tour. Julianne Cuomos, who is Golden Ocala's event coordinator, was THE BEST! Not only is she extremely helpful with everything you could possibly imagine, but she is welcoming, humble and genuine. She knows that you want your day to be nothing but perfect, so she aims for that and more! The ceremony and reception went perfectly all thanks to her direction. The location is breathtaking...inside for the reception and in the garden where we were married!

Deciding to go with Golden Ocala meant using their chef for our appetizer and dinner selections. That was also a great thing. The food was phenomenal! I cannot tell you how many people came to us during and after the wedding complimenting how delicious the food was.

Overall the place itself, the coordinators and staff and the food were all outstanding! I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/11/2015

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

I couldn't be more pleased that you enjoyed your Wedding Day so much! From the moment I met you and your wonderful family, I knew that I was going to love working with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments... Every bride deserves an amazing Wedding Day, and that is exactly what we strive for here at Golden Ocala! Best wishes as you settle into your new life as "Mrs Rutter"... Ahhh - that has a nice ring to it! :-)
  • User4619198 · 2+ years ago

Excellent location and very professional to work with! I enjoyed the flexibility. Will definitely use them again.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Dawn · Married on 11/23/2014

I have to say that my daughter's wedding at Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club under Julianne Cuomo's supervision could not have been any more spectacular or magical!!! Everything just flowed so seamlessly that I felt as though I was there as a guest rather than the one in charge while my daughter was having her hair styled and getting dressed to the Sparkling send off ending our evening. Thank you again Julianne and Brooke for all your assistance from early morning to late in the evening. All the vendor recommendations were spot on and just as you represented them to be. We used Justin at Florida Wedding D.J's and BettyCakes for the cake, Jennifer at A Flower Hayven as well as Party Time Rentals and all were wonderful. We were so pleased with the officiant for the ceremony, Jack Edmonds. I wouldn't say "you can't go wrong" with Golden Ocala, rather I would say "you can't do better than Golden Ocala!". Dawn Piz

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Dawn... I am so happy that you were pleased with our service, and that we exceeded your expectations. My staff and I strive for perfection with each event that we execute, and are thrilled that we were successful in creating the perfect day for your family and friends. All my love and best wishes to Candace and Lawrence!

Amanda · Married on 11/15/2014

Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club was the absolute perfect place for our wedding to take place. Julianne made everything less stressful from the beginning. She was always answering any questions I had. On the day of, it had rained the night before and the grounds were wet and a little muddy. No need to stress, Julianne and her staff swooped in and rearranged our ceremony site. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone, it was completely worth every penny spent.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Angela · Married on 11/15/2014

Julianne is absolutely amazing! The architecture of the clubhouse is beautiful! She dosent just give you a beautiful venue to have your wedding, she provides guidance for when you don't know what the next step is and plenty of help throughout the planning process.

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Angela! I loved working with you on the creation of your Dream Wedding!!! It was wonderful getting to know you and David...and I sincerely hope that you stay in touch. Best wishes now and always! ~ Julianne

Shannon · Married on 11/07/2014

Julianne was absolutely amazing! From the very beginning she made the wedding planning process fun and exciting and not stressful at all. She was there any time I need her. The staff at Golden Ocala could not be better, they are all so helpful and attentive to every detail.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Golden Ocala, specifically Julianne, was wonderful to work with! We were in contact regarding the wedding for about a year, and she answered every question I ever had in a very timely fashion. The venue is BEAUTIFUL! All of my guests loved the space! A++++++

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2014

Golden Ocala made our wedding day run so smoothly. If I had it to do all over again, I would not change a single thing. Comparing our wedding day to our friends' wedding days, it is clear that Golden Ocala takes extra measures to insure that the day is perfect. Golden Ocala prioritized the bride and groom the entire day, and made every effort to insure that we were comfortable AND enjoying ourselves. Their team works above and beyond to make every detail come together just as you imagine it!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Ginny · Married on 07/05/2014

Julianne Cuomo of Golden Ocala was wonderful! She was extremely helpful, detail oriented and made great suggestions with every step of the wedding planning and was determined to make the wedding exactly as my daughter wanted! The day of the wedding went perfectly (without one glitch) and the staff anticipated and was attentive to our every need. We received countless compliments on the wedding and venue. It was a dream come true and Julianne was amazing!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Awe Ginny, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my sincere pleasure assisting in the creation and execution of Amanda's Wedding Day. She made a beautiful bride and was such a joy to work with from start to finish. Having you as my go-to for those little details was a blessing. Thank you for being so wonderful! ~ Julianne

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

I was very impressed with Julianne and the Golden Ocala staff before and during our wedding rehersal and reception dinner. Julianne was great to work with and I would recomend her to any bride. The Golden Ocala location is beautiful and there is no other location like it in Ocala, and I would know because I looked every where for the perfect location.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Jameka · Married on 05/31/2014

In searching for my wedding Venue my main objectives were to find a Beautiful, Breath- taking location that was full service with great food. Golden Ocala was just that and more! All though it rained and we had to use the covered area in front, it was absolutely beautiful! Julianne, the events coordinator for Golden Ocala was wonderful, from the day of our first meeting to the night of the wedding she was hands on.
    On the day of the wedding Julianne and the GO staff were great! They walked us through each process and I was told by my guest after the wedding that it was well organized and some even said they felt like they were in the White House with all the helpful attendants that were their greeting and ushering them through the event. It was AWESOME to say the least. Many,many THANKS to Julianne and the Golden Ocala Staff for their part in making my wedding the BEST wedding ever and providing my guest with a wedding experience they will never forget!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Jameka, you were such a pleasure to work with from start to finish! May your love and happiness with Jeffrey last a lifetime and shine as brightly as you did on your wedding day! I will miss you! ~ Julianne

Marnita · Married on 05/10/2014

As the Bride's Mother the whole experience of planning the wedding to the last moment sending the Bride and Groom off on their new adventure in Life was Amazing. Julianne (Director of Celebrations) and the complete staff at Golden Ocala was there helping and guiding along every step of the way. They were so Awesome! Everything about the Golden Ocala Experience ...location which is gorgeous, the food was delicious, the staff was so helpful with everything! Golden Ocala should be very proud to have Julianne Cuomo as the Director of Celebrations, She is a true gem, she cares not only for Golden Ocala, but for the clients she is working with to make their Event the most Memorable Event ever! Thank you again, Julianne.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you Marnita! The entire staff here at Golden Ocala was excited to work with you in the creation and execution of Brittney's Dream Wedding. It's people like you that make me so passionate about what I do and how well it is done. Your entire family was a joy to work with and I will miss you all!

Words cannot express the gratitude I have towards Julianne for making my wedding the best day ever! Her attention to detail and her over the top accommodating customer service made my experience at Golden Ocala amazing!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Kat · Married on 03/30/2014

First off Golden Ocala is amazing! The staff was so friendly and accommodating!!!! They truly cared about making my day the best it could be! Everything was absolutely perfect!!!!! From the super nice gate guards to the bartenders to the wedding planner everyone was genuinely nice and bent over backwards to help me!!! Julianne was so attentive and kept me on track. I was a bit of a disorganized bride and waited till the last minute for everything and Julianne never pressured or stressed me out about decisions that needed to be made. She recommended fantastic vendors that were all as great as she said!
    The day of the wedding they kept my bridesmaids and myself fed and happy catering to every request that we made. I even had a personal attendant for the day (Jane) who was utterly fantastic and pointed me in the right direction. I was so caught up in the moment of the big day that it wasn't until the day after that I realized how well they treated me. Straightening out my veil and dress and kindly telling me where to go and what to do.
    The venue itself is by far one of the prettiest locations I have ever seen!!! My ceremony was in the garden and they had it perfectly planted with tons of flowers! I walked down the big staircase in the back and everyone started crying the second I appeared at the top!!! Without the dramatic backdrop of the venue I do not think that my military family would have shed so many tears!!! Also, my Miami based photographers were blown away will the amount of beautiful locations for photos. When I show my wedding photos people ask me if we were in front of a backdrop and they are blown away when I say that was just how beautiful the venue is!!!
    The reception was fantastic with plenty of space for all my guests. The bartenders were pleasantly chatty and made amazing drinks!!! The food was divine and all of my guests kept complementing my on the staff and quality of the food!
    The best part is they are pet friendly!!!!! =

Sent on 04/03/2014

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you, Katherine, for your kind words. It was truly an honor, and our sincere pleasure to work with such a kind and easy going bride, such as yourself. You make the world a more beautiful place!

Golden Ocala prides itself on creating the perfect setting for magical weddings like yours, and it was YOU that gave us the opportunity to shine!

We wish you, and Joseph, a long and happy life as you grow into your perfect marriage together.

Warmest regards,

Julianne

Stacey · Married on 03/02/2014

Our overal experience was wonderful! The service from the staff was great. Overal the food was excellent and everyone loved it. My suggestion for future weddings would be a more extensive and budget friendly vendor list. We found that the vendors Golden Ocala recommended were the most expensive in their respective industries. This venue is beautiful and well run and the wedding coordinator definitely goes above and beyond! The service our wedding party and families received the day of our wedding was impecable. We definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 03/13/2014

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was our sincere pleasure having such a huge part in your special day! Your feedback about our Vendor List has been heard and we can assure you, will be reviewed and altered accordingly. We appreciate the time you took to bring that to our attention so that our future brides can benefit from your experience. We wish you a long and healthy married life together.

Golden Ocala is simply the best venue for a ceremony and reception. The facility is beautiful and the staff is extremely attentive. They go out of their way to make sure your event is flawless.

Sent on 08/07/2013
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 06/02/2012

Golden Ocala was a beautiful venue for our wedding! After I met with Ana and toured the facilities, I immediately booked a date! Once you see the beautiful flowers and amazing views of the golf course, you cannot say no! On our wedding day, all of the staff were excellent and always helping anyone that needed it. Our food was amazing and my friends are still talking about how gorgeous the place was! Our photographers were in awe of all of the great photo spots and our pictures turned out wonderful! Flowers in the summertime were beautiful!!! Highly Recommend Ana and her fabulous staff!!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/05/2011

We were worried that we weren't going to find a place as beautiful as we wanted in the price range we needed. Golden Ocala had an amazing English elegance to it, and a great package! The staff is devoted and cater to your every need. They made our wedding, and the whole day, a day to truly remember.

Sent on 09/06/2011

R · Married on 04/07/2007

Aboslutely wonderful location for a reception. The attention to detail is stunning. The service and selection at this location leaves one breathless. I could not imagine a more accomidating venue.

Sent on 07/24/2007

Megan · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I got married at Golden Ocala back in March and I got distracted from writing a review until now - oops! I definitely wanted to add one though because we had such a great experience throughout the entire process. Julianne is an absolute professional and was a great resource to us. I was raised only by my father who passed away very unexpectedly a few weeks after booking our venue. Without any other family members to help, Julianne was honest and so helpful to us in planning several aspects of our day. The staff who helped us the day-of were amazing - Felecia always seemed to be right there exactly when I needed her and everything ran so smoothly. If anything went wrong, I had no idea - it was such a peaceful, happy day! The venue was perfect and I received so many compliments about how beautiful it was, how delicious the food was, and how perfectly everything came together.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Golden Ocala was absolutely wonderful! I have no regrets about having my wedding there, everything was perfect. Julianne and her staff were so kind and helpful. There's no way our day would have ran that smoothly without them. They truly cared about us and our wedding when most venues see you as a paycheck, they want you to be happy with everything they do. Everyone bragged about our "fairy tale" wedding. I really cannot say enough good things about them!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Britt · Married on 02/22/2008

Ana at Golden Ocala was amazing to work with! She showed me tons of options that would be perfect for the day. She was there from start to finish! The venue was gorgeous, the food was amazing! My guests felt comfortable and most of all we were able to dance the night away! My pictures were gorgeous because we were able to get pictures outside on the golf course at sunset! It the type of venue where you can fit 300 guests or more and make it more of an itimate cermony! I loved it!

Sent on 07/21/2008

Donna Kidwell · Married on 03/16/2019

3.0

We are so happy with the service, product and staff!

Absolutely gorgeous setting, professional and friendly staff, responsive and flexible to our requests. The food was amazing!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you Donna. It was an absolute pleasure to take care of your friends and family.

All my Best,
    Alisa

3.5

The venue is absolutely gorgeous inside and out! A wonderful place to get married in Central Florida!

Sent on 09/02/2014