29 Reviews for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard

Event Rentals (3)
Clean Up (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
29 Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Reviews

I cannot say enough GREAT things The Golden Oaks Farm, it is the BEST farm/barn/vintage/rustic/elegant venue! This was the first and only venue we looked at, We fell in love with the place from the moment we first pulled up!! I really cannot say, “ The thing I love most about this venue is…” simply because I cannot limit it to just one! Our wedding day was a fairytale!

My now Husband and I just got married here a couple weeks ago, from the beginning to the end Kelly and Claire were extremely prompt and patient, when answering all of our questions right away and offering advice! Every time we would attend an open house there was also something NEW! It was so fun to see the additions and improvements there were being made! Despite over a year of planning, rain was not in any of our planning, not on any of my Pinterest boards, Guess what? On our wedding day It down POURED! Thankfully, Golden Oaks Farm has plenty of beautiful space to utilize, for any kind of weather mother natures throws! Last minute changes, were completely stress free, and we were still able to enjoy our day! The day of event coordinator’s Marggie and Jenni both went above their job duties, and helped tremendously, to change our ceremony location, from North Woods to the barn, as well as set the barn back up for the dance! We had our dinner in the lean to, despite the heavy rain everything inside was completely dry!! Rain or shine, you will not be disappointed! We have received many compliments from almost all our guests on how beautiful the wedding venue was.

The entire team truly care about their property and their couples' satisfaction, A special shout out to their Llama Wranglers, Max and Patra, who were just phenomenal playing in the rain with us, doing everything they could do to make sure our day was special!

Thank you to the entire Golden Oak Farm team, and making my dream/fairytale wedding come true!

Profile Picture Abbi, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Parking, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was November 4th, 2017. Kelly and her crew welcomed us each time we visited the farm prior to our wedding. We went to the wedding fairs and open houses every first Monday of the month to see what was added/changed. Golden Oak Farm was the definition of my dream wedding!!! I could not have asked for a better place! If we had questions, they answered right away. The workers on our wedding day were unbelievably helpful and ensured the day went smooth. If your wish is to have a barn/outdoors wedding, I would recommend Golden Oak Farm in a heart beat!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My son got married oct 28/2017, we had the rehersal in the pavilion which was perfect.on Friday, the weather did not cooperate fri & sat, but it still turned out to be beautiful. We had the ceremony, outside which was perfect and provided blankets for the guests.the reception in the lower part of the barn, it was chill. Probably should of had that in the pavilion but the rustic look was amazing what we wanted.Had the dance in the barn, we could of used a few more heaters. But it still turned out fabulous. Kelly was willing to help us with anything & max. The house was amazing, the wedding party stayed the whole weekend weekend. Which was very cozy. I would give the venue a 10.

Profile Picture Lori, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding at Golden Oak! Even though we had a bit of rain on our wedding day we were still able to enjoy our experience and stay dry thanks to the outstanding pergula and cover that helped keep the lean-to area enclosed. If you're looking for an outdoor/rustic venue, this is the place to go! Kelly is an amazing host and if you give her advance notice of your needs, she will do everything she can to make sure you have a positive experience. Again, I can't say enough about the farm itself which really needs no decoration to be a fantastic venue for your big day. Only issue we had was the day off audible we had to call in moving our ceremony site from the outdoor area to the barn. We were under the impression that setting up the chairs in the barn would be the responsibility of the farm the day of, but we ended up having to arrange them ourselves. Not a huge deal, but in hindsight I wish we'd had better communication on both sides leading up to the day of with rain in the forecast. Again, can't say enough about the venue itself! If you're planning on having your wedding here, make sure you budget to stay in the villa. Having everything in one place and being able to stay at the farm made the experience very enjoyable!

Profile Picture Alex, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue and all of the staff was wondering. Thank you a Kelly for allowing us to have our wedding at your farm. We were from out of state and booked this venue after speaking to Kelly and she did a FaceTime with us to help us see the place and it was beautiful it pictures don’t do it justice. Absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Robert, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Thank you for our dream wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We truly couldn't have asked for a better venue and a better day! I can't tell you how many compliments we got during the entire day of how great this space was. If you are a creative like me, you have free rein to really make this space your own. There is so much gorgeous space to utilize. We got married creekside and it was straight out of a dream! I will be forever grateful for finding this gem of a farm to host our special day.

The first day we had a tour and met Kelly and the team it was all a flawless process. From the beautiful outdoor ceremony spot, the outdoor bar, dinner spot, and the barn we had the dace in you just can't go wrong. Everything flowed so perfectly! Not to mention, the LLAMAS! LLAMAS! LLAMAS! My husband & I got in the pen with them and got some amazing photos! --- if you're into that kinda thing ;) --- Our wedding guests couldn't get enough of them either! Made for some great laughs and most of the llamas got in a selfie or two!

Months leading up to the wedding she emailed us with any updates the farm had made, which just made us that more excited! Like I said, I will forever treasure this perfect space. We can't thank Golden Oak Farm enough for everything. I would highly recommend this space to any new bride & groom!

Profile Picture Tarynn, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Golden Oak Farm is one of the most magical places in MN! Not only are the llamas fun, but the grounds make for countless photo opportunities. Needless to say this venue is gorgeous. They bridal suit makes it to easy to get ready with all your girls, and the pool table room is a good hideaway for the guys. I loved that there was space that our wedding party could stay the night. No need to worry about drinking and driving or finding an Uber. I would recommend The Golden Oak Farm to anyone looking for a unique, beautiful, and fun venue for their wedding. Kelly is so personable and great to work with!

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/23/17, 1 Review
4.2

Golden Oak Farm was the perfect venue for us. We received plenty of compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how awesome the llama were (we have amazing pictures from our day from the the gorgeous farm grounds and fun llamas). We loved how there were separate areas for the ceremony, dinner, and dance. Kelly is also an extremely kind and easy person to work with.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Golden Oak Farm was the perfect place for our special day. It was a very unique and charming venue that provided simplistic and natural beauty for our special day! The ceremony site (Northwoods) was a dream come true. We were surrounded by nature and yet it was clean and wedding-ready. It was a great experience getting ready with my girls in the adorable, homey bridal suite. There is so much this place has to offer. It seems every couple can make it their own for their special day. We were very pleased with Kelly and the entire staff at Golden Oak. They were personable, sincere, quick to answer questions, and delightful to work with. I would highly recommend couples looking for a venue to check out Golden Oak and to not miss out on this enchanting farm.

Profile Picture Toni, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancé and I had been searching for a venue that would give us the freedom to make our ceremony and reception our own. Enter my lovely sisters-in-law; on the same day they both messaged me about Golden Oaks Farm and it just so happened we were on our way down to a family gathering. We called Kelly (the owner of the venue) last minute and left a message, not really expecting an answer until later in the week. 20 minutes later, Kelly had returned our call, and offered to show us the venue that very day!!!!
After touring the spaces ( which are to-die-for amazing!!) and meeting Kelly, herself (she's lovely and very down to earth!!) we immediately knew that this was the place we wanted to get married. Our entire wedding party had room to stay on site, in the Villa, we had the grounds for the entire weekend, there was no 10 hour limit on setting up and tearing down, the area was beautiful and natural, tables, chairs and ceremony setup was included, there weren't many of the restrictions that we had rejected other venues in the city for; it really was a dream come true!
Kelly and her staff are downright awesome! We received emails monthly about any changes around the farm, to their policies, and any upcoming open house events ( I took advantage of those open houses as they highlighted local services that were in the surrounding area.) If we had any questions Kelly was always great about getting back to us in a timely manner, and allowing us to come down to the farm to measure things or to take photos . She also kept us up to date about what was needed from our end to help them make it a day to remember for us. Not only that, they sent us a lovely little package around Christmas with a card, homemade caramels and vanilla!!
Overall, we couldn't have dreamt of finding a better venue. They say they will treat you like family and they really mean it, in the best way possible! I've been recommending Golden Oak Farm to every new bride, they are worth every penny!

Profile Picture CHARLENE, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

we loved every bit of our wedding. We wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Profile Picture Bryce, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding expierence was amazing at Golden Oak Farm. Both my husband and I fell in love with the Farm so much we are thinking about renting it for our 1 year anniversary. It was Gorgeous with: sunny blue sky, a slight breeze, fresh air, the scent of flowers, a 360 degree view that took your breath away, llamas that the guests enjoyed and benches for the ceremony and tables/chairs that were provided for the reception. The lean-to has really cool chandeliers that provided the exact ambiance we wanted. The barn was the perfect dance venue with vintage string lights, a wooden floor and a really cool ramp entrance that provided access to all. Working with Golden Oak Farm was so easy!! They were clear in their communications and expectations and listened when I shared mine. They provided multiple methods in which to communicate and replied promptly within and hour or two. They honestly made the venue the easiest part of my planning. This place is highly recommended and should be a top contender in your search, seriously!!

Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - The bridal party plus the flower girl and personal attendant
Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - Our first kiss on the front lawn
Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - We held our ceremony on the front lawn face the barn
Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - We ate dinner in the lean-to. It was stunning.
Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - Just part of the master suite in the villa.
Photos
Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - Spending time on the sidewalk outside of the villa. Love it!
Photo for Golden Oak Farm and Vineyard Review - The end of our first dance.
Profile Picture Jackie , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married Sept. 2nd, 2017 at Golden Oak Farm. I did a lot of research in the beginning as far as a budget and what I was looking for before we looked anywhere. In my search I stumbled upon Golden Oak Farm. I brought my husband Jordan there, and he loved it. We loved all of the different spaces of the venue, and the multiple options that we had. We loved that we weren't restricted to have certain vendors either.
Our day was amazing! My father in law built us beautiful arches and ceremony doors, that now are apart of Golden Oak Farm. Our ceremony was in a perfect and intimate spot. All of the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful throughout the event. We ended up having the place for 3 days. It was nice to gather everyone together to have our rehearsal dinner out on the patio. We had time to relax before all of the craziness started. We really appreciated having the extra time on Sunday. We weren't in a rush to get out the door, or to quickly pack things up, which was really nice! Hands down, I would recommend this venue! Thanks again Kelley for everything. You kept it personal, and were always there to answer my questions.

Profile Picture Ariana, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! They got us in for a tour of the venue right away and we knew that this was the place. The staff were great to work with throughout the whole process and they were always very responsive and more than happy to answer any questions that we had. On the day of we had a few more tables than we needed and the Event Manager (Margaret, I believe) was great about getting the tables moved right away so that we could decorate.

The on-site home was a great place to get ready and serve lunch to our wedding party, and the remodeled cabin was awesome too! The only thing that I would change/suggest is that there be more fans in the lean-to and in the barn, but those are just small details. Overall, I would give this place 10/10 and would highly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing venue that allowed us to create a magical day filled with love while surrounded by family and friends! All of our wedding guests raved about the venue!
Kelly & Kayla provide very prompt email responses, have great ideas and excellent customer service! Thank you, thank you, thank you -- we would HIGHLY recommend Golden Oak Farm!!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I really loved our experience with Golden Oak Farm, and would recommend them in a heartbeat! They were flexible with what vendors we brought in, and how we wanted to handle alcohol at our wedding, and those were two huge things that helped save us a lot of money had we decided to go with another venue. The grounds are beautiful, and the fact that they are still a running farm added a quaint, genuine experience which was such a bonus for us and our guests! (Llamas, seriously?! thank you!!!) We also felt like we hit the jackpot because they set up and tore down tables, chairs, and benches for us. We ended up using the Creekside wedding ceremony space, the lean-to, pavilion and the barn during our wedding. It was really awesome to have all of those spaces available for us to use! There were enough people helping our guests park as they were arriving.

We wished that there was a “parking” sign that was already put up at 10am when people helping set up could see. Right away when we arrived, it just wasn’t clear where to park. We had a hard time finding the staff person on the farm when we needed help or had a question. It would be nice to have that person’s number so we could call them. The trash situation was bad - hauling all the garbage from the night to the dumpster in the dark all the way to the parking lot a lot more trouble than we thought.

Ultimately, we are super happy with our experience. We mistakenly left behind some expensive items, and needed them for our honeymoon. My husband drove back to the farm (over an hour away from where we live) and looked for them but had no luck. We were helped by the owner who helped us recover our misplaced items and offered to send them to us in the mail! We were already happy with our experience but this just added another element of appreciation and solidified that they truly cared. Words can’t say enough. Ty!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Golden Oak Farm was the perfect wedding venue for my husband and I - Golden Oak staff was quick to respond to all our emails and phone calls. They were helpful and flexible, which is what we wanted since we are both creative people. It was perfect to have the ceremony and reception all in one location. We had a dance after dinner, but there were so many games for people to play that were provided by Golden Oak that people didn't have to dance if they didn't want to. It was awesome! I may be a little biased, but I think we had the most perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Alexa, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Golden Oak Farm is a beautiful venue. My husband and I wanted a venue that allowed us to spend as much time with our family as possible and renting the venue for the weekend did just that. Friday was set up, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, Saturday was the wedding (final set up/decorating, getting ready, ceremony, dinner and dance) and Sunday was brunch, gift opening and tear down. Choosing this venue allowed our wedding party, their significant others and other family members to stay onsite with us. Some highlights are: being able to sleep/stay in the house for the weekend, ceremony could be anywhere on the farm (our choice), and the beautiful landscape for relaxing with a hot cup of coffee watching the sunrise, walks and amazing opportunities for photographs. The swings and llama were a great addition to help entertain the kids. I can’t write this without a big THANK YOU to Kelly who answered my many crazy questions and for being so helpful in making my dream wedding come true.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This place was PERFECT. I couldn't have asked for a wedding venue to more perfectly fit my needs. Kelly was more than helpful from start to finish. She answered all my questions and worked to accommodate any needs I had. I was able to have my entire bridal party get ready with me in the master bedroom and the hairdresser even came to help us there. We didn't have to travel anywhere our wedding morning. They set up chairs and tables in the reception area ahead of time and allowed us to arrange it however we needed. My dad was able to prepare a BBQ dinner for 200 people in the space smoothly. The place is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing. We even got to take a couple of pictures with the llamas.

Profile Picture filisha, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Parking

Golden Oak Farm provided us with a PERFECT rustic, casual, spacious, unique and fun weekend for our wedding. First of all, the entire property is gorgeous. The photo opps were never ending and on October 1st the trees were beautiful! This venue is so comfortable. Getting the house/property for the weekend was something we couldnt pass up; having extra set up and take down time helped us to be able to fully enjoy our wedding day. We started working with Golden Oak Farm over a year ago; it's been amazing to see all of the work put in and changes around the farm. We booked with no lights in the barn, original garage doors and floor in pavillion, empty guest house, and no additional staff besides Max. Not that it wasn't before, but this venue blossomed into something magical; I don't think we could have asked for anything more. Kelly and her family/staff exceeded our expectations. She was incredibly helpful answering all questions and concerns, helping us with back up plans for rain, and even attending our special day. We can't say enough good things about Golden Oak Farm and would recommend in a heartbeat! 5 stars!!!

Tony & Kayla Stuefen

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything exceeded our expectations. Kelly is flexible, friendly, and responsive. Her priority really is to make your wedding day or wedding weekend the time you dreamed of.
The venue is beyond gorgeous. There are so many options for where to have the ceremony, dinner and dancing that you can customize and really make the place you're own. Kelly and staff are there to help set up and rearrange the chairs, tables etc. and make sure everything is perfect. The photo ops are endless.
We had the time of our lives hsnging out with our wedding party, friends and family all weekend. Some of them even camped on site. It was so relaxing to be able to set up decorations the day before and to stay on site with all of our friends. We feel so lucky to have found such a gem of a location- it had everything on our list and more. Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture User5150384, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

The farm is a beautiful place. The scenery is gorgeous and the house is amazing as well. We were honestly surprised at how nice everything was. The staff was more than helpful and we loved how flexible they were about letting us pick and choose how we wanted to set up and run things. Great place.

Profile Picture Mark, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was on the search for a barn wedding that you see on Pinterest. Everything down to the cafe lights, the lanterns, the burlap, lace and mason jars. I fell in love with Golden Oak the moment I drove on the lot. Kelly warmly greeted us and made us feel like she was part of our planning team. She cared about our plans and truly wanted to give us everything that we wanted. Everything about Golden Oak was accommodating, relaxing and made for the perfect venue to celebrate our marriage. :)

Profile Picture Emily, 7/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot describe my feelings about the Golden Oak Farm. Every single dream I had about what my wedding day would be like, all came true because of the Golden Oak Farm. My family of 25 checked into the farm for the entire week before the wedding. The house accommodated everyone with ease! We all felt so "at home" and comfortable! Kelly was a complete joy to work with on every level and so helpful on the big day. These people have a passion for the "magic" of what a wedding day brings and you can FEEL it as soon as you pull into the driveway. I had 265 guests on the big day and heard over and over about how it was the most beautiful venue anyone had ever seen. The countless possibilities of the farm is almost unbelievable...truly something to be seen. I will treasure every second spent at the farm and hold the memories close to my heart forever. It was undoubtedly the greatest 5 days of our lives. Hands down, THE BEST venue ever...straight out of the story books!! Thank you for sharing your piece of heaven with us, we are forever grateful. Love - The Schindler/Johnson Family

Profile Picture Chelsey, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Set Up