Golden Glow Beauty Reviews

34 | Huntington Beach, CA

34 Reviews for Golden Glow Beauty

Sarah · Getting married on 05/12/2022

Wedding hair/makeup artist

I hired Crystal for my wedding which ended up being a micro-wedding due to covid 19. She was very flexible with changing plans, and displayed a high level of professionalism. Additionally, she made the whole process fun when getting ready for the ceremony, and was engaging with family members too! I would recommend her to anyone in SoCal looking to hire a makeup/hair stylist for their wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you Sarah for your kind words, that truly means so much!! You are so amazing and I loved getting to be apart of your big day, thank you for having me!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay P. · Married on 11/07/2020

Crystal is amazing!

Crystal did such a great job with my hair and makeup for my November 2020 wedding! My preview was fantastic but after we were forced to change our plans and venue due to the pandemic, I wound up picking a different dress and hairstyle at the last minute. Even with the sudden change and without a second run-through, my hair and makeup turned out fantastic! Crystal didn't miss a beat! She's also kind and funny and really easy to talk to, which helped a lot with my nerves on the big day! I can't recommend her enough and will definitely be hiring her again for our post-pandemic wedding reception!

Sent on 01/22/2021

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Lindsay, thank you so so much for your kind words! I was so happy to be there for you on your big day and can’t wait to celebrate again with the big one! You are stunning, thank you again!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn B. · Married on 08/16/2020

One of my favorite vendors!

Crystal was amazing! I don't use too much makeup, so I was a bit worried about what it would be like to have my makeup done for my wedding. But when it came to the day of, Crystal was SO patient and did such a beautiful job. I felt so beautiful and special. She 100% respected my desire to have minimal makeup while still making everything look nice. She also did my hair, which turned out just like I wanted it.

She did hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, as well. My girls told me how much they enjoyed her company. Overall, Crystal is kind, patient, professional, and fun to have as a vendor. I recommend her to anyone who asks me!

Thank you for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day, Crystal! I appreciate you :)

Sent on 06/09/2021

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Katie, thank you so much for your kind review! I am so happy we were able to work together for your wedding day. You made such a stunning bride!!
  • Cara

Cara K. · Married on 02/06/2020

Makeup with Crystal!

I did not get to meet Crystal in person prior to our wedding date but she exceeded all expectations! She was on time and did a wonderful job! I felt beautiful on my big day and she was very sweet, professional and flexible - since we were flying in from another state. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Cara for your review! I’m so happy to hear that I was able to make you so happy! You were such a stunning bride, congratulations to you both!
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing with hair and makeup

Crystal was the best! She came as a recommendation from our amazing photographer (Kara Nixon) and I can't say enough good things about Crystal. Such a sweetheart, and super responsive to emails -- even during her honeymoon. I loved my hair and makeup the day of the wedding and she was so easy to work with. I especially appreciated how calm she was the day of the wedding. Definitely hire her!

Sent on 09/10/2020

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you Paige so much for your kind words, I loved working with you! You were so calming as well and I was honored to be there. Thank you again!
  • Amanda

Amanda V. · Married on 01/04/2020

Save your search: Book Her Now!

Hire her! Crystal listened to everything I asked for and made it happen. She was patient, communicative, efficient, showed up everywhere on time, kind and made me look beautiful! If you’re looking for someone who can truly deliver “enhanced natural (or otherwise), no cake face, feels like you’re not wearing makeup - look”, she’s your gal -- Not to mention this look survived a lot of tears & sweat. This search was tough, and I’m beyond stoked I found her - save yourself the time & trial stress, Crystal knows what she’s doing!!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for your kind review! I am so happy we found each other and that I was able to do your makeup for your wedding day. You made such a stunning bride!
  • Lauren

Lauren C. · Married on 12/21/2019

Crystal is a miracle worker and so kind!

Crystal is a literal miracle worker. I did both a trial with her 2 months before my wedding, and hair + make up on the morning of my wedding day. She also did hair + make up for my MOH and Bridesmaid. She completely pre-planned the day-of schedule so we could all get everything done at a relaxed pace before getting dressed. She even showed up early, which definitely helped us stay ahead of schedule. My favorite part about Crystal is you can just describe how you want to look with just 1 or a few pictures, and she adapts it to your features to make you look your best! She was also very receptive to my feedback and ideas through the whole process. My MOH, bridesmaid, and my hair has never looked better! The best part about Crystal, other than her amazing skills, is that she is incredibly personable, friendly, and fun to be around. I highly recommend her! Thank you Crystal for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 12/25/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Lauren.. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am for your review! You are so sweet and an amazing person, I am so honored to have been apart of your special day and laugh with you that morning. You made such a beatific bride, thank you again!

Lynda D. · Married on 10/26/2019

Crystal Golden-DeLeo is the best makeup artist!

Crystal was a pleasure to work with. She was very professional, punctual, and reliable. These aspects were important to me because as we all know, wedding planning is stressful.

I don't know much about "beauty" stuff and Crystal helped me feel confident and gave advice on how I would look best for my big day. From viewing her portfolio, I saw that her clientele was diverse. I saw that she had experience with all different types of looks.

I loved how organized Crystal is. She took notes and photos of our trial session to make sure there were no surprises on my wedding day.

I loved how she did my makeup. Being someone that doesn't wear any, she didn't make me look like a clown. My skin was able to breathe.

I highly recommend Crystal for your wedding makeup needs. My engagement and wedding photos came out great. She has a great personality. She's positive (no drama), cool, calm, and collected. It's a breeze to work with her.

Sent on 08/31/2020

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you Lynda for your kind review and having me there on your wedding day! You are such an amazing person and I loved working with you!
  • Emily

Emily K. · Married on 10/23/2019

Glowing Bride

Crystal truly made me feel like a radiant bride on my wedding day! She really listened to what I wanted when it came to my hair and makeup and I felt my most confident and beautiful self. Having the trial before the wedding was super helpful too and I would definitely recommend Golden Glow Beauty to any soon to be brides!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! You're so sweet and this truly means the world. I am so happy I was able to make you feel like your most beautiful self - thank you again for having me there!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany S. · Married on 10/13/2019

Hire Crystal!

Crystal was amazing from start to finish! She was quick to respond to any inquiries I had and was very kind and personable. She showed up at our venue on time. She had created a schedule for my and a select few of my bridesmaids' hair/makeup but worked quickly, well ahead of the schedule. She was even able to work in an unexpected request for lash application for the MOG. She considered the inspirational pictures I gave for my bridal makeup and made it all come together perfectly. What I liked the most is that I just looked like a prettier version of myself, not like I was in a bunch of costume makeup. When she was done, she gave me a touch up kit that I didn't even need. Five hours of sweaty dancing later, makeup was still intact.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

You're so sweet Tiffany, thank you so much for your kind words! I was so happy to be there for you and do your makeup. You were and are stunning!!
  • Lauren

Lauren H. · Married on 10/05/2019

Your Search for the best Hair & Makeup Artist is over - HIRE CRYSTAL!

Hiring a Hair & Makeup artist for your wedding day can actually be pretty daunting. Not only do you need to be sure they completely GET your style and vision, making you look and feel fantastic on such an important (and heavily photographed) day, but they also need to be able work under pressure (a timeline, chatty family/bridal party, terribly hot weather, you name it) like they were born to do it, all with a smile, keeping you cool and collected as you enter “Phase 1” of your wedding day.

Crystal with Golden Glow Beauty provides ALL THIS and so much more!! You’d be crazy not to hire her.

My wedding was a bit of an undertaking for even the most experienced vendor. Destination? Check. Need a boat to get there? Check. No cars on the island and multiple locations for getting ready, ceremony & reception? Check & Check. But Crystal’s response: “No problem, that sounds amazing!!” Girl, that first weight already came off my shoulders as most of the vendors I was contacted came back with a response along the lines of “ohhh….destination…where??? hummmm….let me check my schedule….”

Then came my hair & makeup trial. Even up until the day before, I still wasn’t 100% sure how I wanted to look. My parents were telling me on thing, I had TONS of different styles saved to Pinterest & Instagram….I was just a hot mess and honestly didn’t know what I wanted. Crystal took one look at a few different photos I was leaning toward, asked me a few simple questions, and without hesitation said “No problem, I totally get it” and went to work. All the while we talked about our weddings (as she had just gotten married herself!) and I just felt completely at ease and even stared to have a lot of fun! When the trail was over, I took a look in the mirror and was FLOORED! She was able to pull of the perfect natural/bridal look…and even with the perfect hair and flawless makeup, I still looked like myself which was my ultimate goal! (See, it’s even hard to explain now haha, thank God she just got it.) After the trail, she assured me that if there was anything I wanted to change, to not be worried and it wouldn’t be a problem at all. Though I appreciated the reassurance, knowing that things didn’t have to be 100% set in stone, I already knew she nailed the look. CHECK! One more thing off my to-do list.

Then the day of the wedding came. This girl hauled ALL her equipment around the the island, showed up early to setup and was ready to go with my girls RIGHT on schedule. (She even posted up the timeline for my wedding as well as her own timeline to make sure everyone would know who was on deck next - everything was just SO organized!) She handled all the different styles my bridesmaids requested, was able to talk to my family and keep the mood light and fun (which, I don’t know about you, but I feel like is serious multitasking) and when it came to my hair and makeup, we simply reconfirmed the look and she got down to it. We laughed, talked about the big day, and honestly just had so much fun! Best of all, she make a little touchup kit for me with my specific lip color she mixed just for me, hairpins, a blotting sheet and more - it was so handy!!

Long (looong) story short: I know there are SO many options out there for Hair & MUA’s especially in Southern California. You’re probably scrolling through profiles upon profiles, just experiencing that same bridal fomo that I did (“What if I don’t pick *insert vendor here* but they could have turned out to be so awesome for my wedding!”) Especially if you’re planning a wedding while we recover from a pandemic…being flooding with endless options is the LAST thing you need right now.

Let me do you a favor: Hire Crystal.

She will exceed ALL your expectations, making you look & feel absolutely fabulous!!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Lauren... thank you so so much!! You are simply the sweetest and I truly appreciate you and loved being there on your big day! I am so honored, thank you again!
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/28/2019

Such an amazing and talented artist

Crystal is an amazing makeup/hair artist. Even from the first time I messaged her she I knew she would be a great person to be around. I never felt any pressure to go with her or to get extra services done and she was very honest about her pricing. I had many changes in my wedding and was even thinking to have her come back just to switch my hairpieces but she suggested that if it was something I did not need to do I could save some money. I usually don’t wear much makeup (usually just tinted moisturizer, concealer, brow gel and occasionally eyeliner or mascara). Crystal is very talented in the fact that all she need to do was see a photo of my outfit and she perfectly picked out a look that would go well with what I was wearing. Between my bridal preview and wedding day, I asked her for some recommendations on lashes, lash glue and other things that I liked from the bridal preview and she was always happy to give me suggestions. A week before my wedding, I decided to change up my eye makeup to something more natural since I have small eyes, and she was happy to make the changes. I know in some cases, makeup artist would be offended if a client said they weren’t too happy or wanted to change up their look from a preview but she emphasized that it was what I wanted and she would be happy to do that for me. The thing I loved most about her was that she was a very easy going person. Having makeup and hair done in one day takes a few hours but the fact that she was pleasant to talk to made time go by quicker. I would definitely go back to her again if I ever needed to get my makeup/hair done professionally.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Elizabeth for your kind words! I loved being there on your big day, getting to chat that morning about such random stuff and that I was able to make you feel so great! Thank you again for having me, you were/are truly stunning!

Kirra P. · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect hair and makeup

Crystal is absolutely amazing! I am very picky about my hair and makeup - and usually end up doing it myself as a bridesmaid - but after my trial with her I knew I had picked the perfect artist. Both my hair and makeup looked incredible, and I received so many compliments on my wedding day. Leading up to the big day, Crystal was very organized and responsive. She arrived on time and finished on time, which is essential to having your wedding day run smoothly. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Kirra - you are awesome! Thank you so much for having me on your wedding day. I was so honored and happy to be there and also share the wedding experience with you. You were and are so stunning!
  • Kelly

Kelly P. · Married on 07/19/2019

The best! I felt like such a beautiful bride

Crystal was awesome! When I went in for my hair and makeup trial, it felt like hanging out with a friend. She did a beautiful job for the trial, but it turned out even better on the big day! She and an assistant also did a lot of the bridesmaids' hair and makeup - everyone looked so beautiful. I appreciated that everything was kept on schedule and we were all ready for photos by the time needed. Crystal was super efficient and professional, and I definitely recommend her for all your hair and makeup needs!!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly!!! You have no idea how much that means to me, i truly loved and appreciated you having me there on your big day! You made such a stunning bride!
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing! Hire her!

Crystal was amazing! I don’t even know where to begin. I have a ton of freckles and did NOT want them covered on my wedding day. This is apparently a tall order and not many makeup artists have examples of brides who haven’t had their freckles covered. Then I found Crystal through a friend’s friend and when I saw the makeup on that freckly bride, I knew Crystal was the one! She did not disappoint! My makeup looked amazing for my engagement photos and wedding day! I did a trial with my hair all up then decided on my wedding day that I would do my hair half up and half down. Crystal adapted without flinching and my hair was exactly as I expected! She even did a hair and makeup trial for my mom because my mom wears very little makeup and wanted to be sure she looked like herself still. We each had adjustments from the trial and Crystal took note of all of them and made it happen the day of the wedding. We were done ahead of schedule which was great and gave the girls more time to hang out. Crystal is also super sweet and easy going. She is on top of it and responds quickly, which I appreciated as an inpatient bride :-) She was one of my favorite vendors and I wish we lived closer because I would totally hang out with her! All I have to say is HIRE HER!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Jill!! You're so sweet and I am so honored to have been there on your wedding day! I am so happy I was able to make you happy and feel great on the big day! I wish we lived closer too - I would love to hang out!!

Vicki L. · Married on 06/09/2019

Amazing!!!

Crystal did an amazing job for our wedding! I knew instantly at our trial together that I was going to book her. Not only does she do awesome hair/makeup work, but is super fun and sweet at makes the whole process a blast! She listened to my ideas for my hair and makeup for the big day and made them a reality :) I got so many compliments on my hair on the wedding! I wanted something a little different and unique and she was able to tailor it perfectly to what I was looking for. My mom, sister and mother-in-law all got ready together, and they all had nothing but nice things to say about Crystal and her assistant Toni. And our hair and makeup lasted all night long on what was a very hot and sweaty day!! Thank you so much for making us look beautiful for the big day!!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

You’re so sweet Victoria, thank you so much for having me there on your big day and trusting me! You such a sweet person and made a stunning bride- I loved all the pins for your hair! So glad we’ve become friends!

Emily · Married on 05/24/2019

Beyond Expectations

Crystal is absolutely amazing!! From the very first trial she exceeded my expectations for my makeup. She did everything amazingly, so grateful for her!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for your kind words - you made such a stunning bride! I am so happy for you!

Darcy · Married on 05/11/2019

So happy with Crystal!

I am SO happy I had Crystal as my hair and makeup stylist on my wedding day! She is incredibly talented and took my ideas and photo inspirations to create exactly what I wanted for my bridal hair and makeup. She also created beautiful looks for my bridesmaids and mother-in-law based on their suggestions. We all received so many compliments on our hair and makeup. The colleague that she brought along to help with my bridesmaids and mother-in-law was wonderful as well, showing that Crystal knows how to pick great people to work with. And lastly, Crystal is so pleasant! I loved chatting with her and she definitely helped put me at ease on the wedding morning. Thank you for everything, Crystal!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Darcy! You are so sweet and I am so happy to have been there for you that morning! You were such a stunning bride!

Jennifer S. · Married on 04/12/2019

Best experience ever on the best day ever!

I am so happy that I found Crystal to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. She came as a recommendation through my wedding venue. She is so kind and friendly- I loved having her there with me on the morning of my wedding. I am always skeptical of professional makeup and everything looking too heavy-handed, but she exceeded my expectations during my hair and makeup trial and again on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids and mom were equally as pleased about how their services turned out on the day of. She stayed right on schedule the morning of and put all of my worries at ease. My hair and makeup looked great the entire day, even on my oily skin. I cannot say enough good things about Crystal, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer for your kind words! I was so happy to be there for you on your special day, you were such an amazing and calm bride!! Thank you again!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 03/23/2019

The Best Day-Of Hair & Make-Up!

Working with Crystal for our wedding was the BEST! Not only is she fantastic at what she does, she is organized, professional, and fun! She helped me complete multiple trials when I couldn't make up my mind and offered her opinions and recommendations when I had questions about the day-of getting ready schedule. She was also just so much fun to have with us in the room all morning while everyone was getting ready. Everyone in my bridal party and family were very happy with how their hair and make up turned out and kept commenting on how nice and helpful Crystal was. I would highly recommend her to all brides or just anyone looking for a great look on a special day!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Samantha for your kind words!! I was so happy to be there and enjoy the morning- seriously you were one of the funniest and calmest brides! Ever!

Brookelynne · Married on 12/14/2018

Made me feel like a princess

Crystal was amazing! She made me feel so gorgeous. I instantly clicked with Crystal at my trial hair and makeup and I felt like I had known her for years. The same was for my wedding day when she did my mom and sister's hair and makeup, she made the time go by so fast with just the casual chatting with my family. I highly recommend crystal you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Brookelynne!! I had such a great time getting you all dolled up that day, congratulations again! You made such a stunning bride!
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/24/2018

Trust in Crystal!

Crystal and her beauty team are awesome!! I knew from my first interactions with Crystal at my bridal trial that she was a quality human, and I knew by the end that she was also a phenomenal makeup and hair artist! She was on time the day of our wedding, and we finished with plenty of time to get to the venue. She really was the best start to our day. Thanks so much Crystal! I felt beautiful and special on my big day.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Allison! You are the sweetest and I am so happy I was able to be there for you. You made such a stunning person on the inside and out, thank you for trusting me on your big day!
  • bianca

Bianca · Married on 09/22/2018

Crystal did an amazing job with my hair and makeup! I was definitely glowing on my wedding day! She was very flexible with timing on my trial day as well! I can't wait to have her do my hair and makeup again when I need it for the next big event!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you Bianca, I cant wait to do your hair and makeup for another event either! You are such a sweet person and I am so honored I was able to be there on your big day :)
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 09/22/2018

Crystal is a true professional with so much talent!

I was incredibly happy with my hair and makeup on my wedding day thanks to Crystal’s talent and skill! The day of my wedding, my husband said during our first look that I looked like a Greek Goddess. I’ve never even heard him use that expression! He couldn’t take his eyes off me, which is a job well done for hair and makeup!
    Crystal is right there whenever you need her and very flexible. She’s also so sweet and fun to hang out with while getting glammed up.
    I did my trial run then got my engagement pictures taken, which in hind sight could have gone very badly if I wasn’t happy, but luckily, I loved Crystal’s work from the very beginning!
    Beyond the wedding day, I also booked her for my boudoir shoot. She does such great work!
    When it came to the wedding day, I had around 11 ladies to get ready and somehow with the team Crystal brought, we finished early (that’s kind of unheard of for a wedding, right?!). Seriously, she is a true professional.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Christie for your kind words! You are such a sweet, lovely and thoughtful lady and I couldn’t have been more honored to have been there for you!! Cheers to September weddings! :)

Megan · Married on 08/22/2018

Crystal and her team were AMAZING.
    A wedding day can hectic an Crystal keeps on time while making the experience fun and the make up stunning. I opted for her airbrush services....my make up was flawless and lasted the whole day.. even the the late night photos! Crystal really listens and work with you to understand an deliver the look you want for you special day. What is also important to know is that i looked beautiful in person as well as in the photos. My make up was not to heavy for which which my new husband was very happy about.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Golden Glow Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Megan for your kind words! I was so honored to be apart of your wedding day and assist in the process of making you feel and look your absolute best for the big day! You and Juan make a stunning couple.