Golden Glow Ballroom Reviews

82 | Saginaw, MI

82 Reviews for Golden Glow Ballroom

3.5

A little difficult to get through when calling. I love the space. It's one of the best venues in the area!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Mike · Married on 03/24/2012

3.5

Golden glow is a great place to have your wedding reception, it is an all inclusive venue that makes planning your reception as easy as it can get!

Sent on 04/10/2012
  • jeremish

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2009

4.2

We were very pleased with the service we received and the quality of our reception at the Golden Glow. Everyone we worked with both before and during was very helpful, encouraging, and professional. The ballroom was beautiful, and we were so glad that we chose the Glow for our reception.

Sent on 08/20/2009

Shanna · Married on 12/31/2010

3.5

I had THE BEST night of my life!! The food was SPECTACULAR!!!

Sent on 01/04/2011

Melissa · Married on 03/31/2018

3.5

Over all it was a beautiful venue the staff was very helpful, courteous, and friendly. Jess was very helpful and was always there to answer questions immediately. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is getting married in the tri cities.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Erica · Married on 01/01/2011

2.4
      2.5
      2.5
      1.5

They served the wrong beer. 1/2 of my guests at the reception said their food was cold. I was soooo happy with one of the hostess who played games with my son when he was getting tired and wanted to go home. She really calmed him down and made him feel special. The owner and his son are very rude people. They thought because I was getting a good deal they could push me around and not give me when I had paid for. I am very angry with them. They like to raise their voices at their customers. I will say the building is very nice and the food tasted good even if it was cold.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Danita Cuthbertson · Getting married on 04/08/2022

2.2
      1.0
      1.0

Pure greed

My son and his new wife picked this place back before Covid-19. 5 Weeks before the wedding date, they was informed that they could not have the ballroom or use of the bathrooms and that they could either pick having it there in a tent or choose another date or cancel with no refund.They had just mailed out their wedding invites a week prior. There was no cost reduction, even after they asked. They assured them there would be fans in the event of the heat and they did send pictures of what to expect.
    Day of the wedding, one fan and a floor dryer fan for the carpet they had placed on the gravel driveway, which was wet from raining. Several people tripped on the carpet because they had not taped down the seams. It was like walking in a bounce house. It was extremely hot under the tent and when asked if they would remove the sides, they said they would, however they didn't. There was one bartender with huge lines, until the mother of the bride had to ask them to send another bartender out and where was the popcorn that was included?? 45 minutes before the reception ended, the DJ lost power to his equipment from a blown fuse...needless to say, the dancing ended.
    An hour before the reception ended, it rained flooding the tent and we waded through water up to our ankles and the port a potties were also flooded.
    While I understand that no one has control over the pandemic, I believe they should have reduced the price since they did not get what they wanted. They took advantage of this couple and it was for pure greed, they should be ashamed.. I will not recommend anyone to rent this facility.
    2 Share