Golden Glow Ballroom Reviews

82 | Saginaw, MI

82 Reviews for Golden Glow Ballroom

Heather · Married on 09/29/2017

On many of these catergories I would have happily given more than a 5 out of 5! The team at Golden Glow is truly exceptional! They always quickly responded to our questions and requests and worked with us above and beyond what we expected. The venue is warm, inviting and beautiful, but part of what make it so special for us was that the staff genuinely shared in the delight and happiness of our special day and expressed their sincere want in making sure it was absolutely perfect for us. Jessica, the event coordinator, feels like family to us now - she’s amazing! We couldn’t have chosen a better venue, no question. I would recommend Golden Glow in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Carla · Married on 09/29/2017

Jessica is beyond amazing! This venue is beyond amazing!!! I can’t explain how amazing they are! She makes sure that you get EXACTLY what you want and need and this day is all about you! I would do it all over again if I could with the same venue! I can’t say enough about this place and my wedding day! Y’all are awesome! Jessica thank you for absolutely everything I love the way you do business!! If you showcase this review, I’m letting everyone who is thinking of booking this hall for ANY event, don’t think about it, please BOOK it! You will NOT regret it I promise you! This is the best there is!

Paige · Married on 09/10/2017

Everything was perfect! Staff was so helpful through the entire experience!

Chasidy · Married on 08/17/2017

Our wedding turned out more than amazing, words honestly could not describe it! Jessica was such a tremendous help, especially since I was transitioning out of the Army and in Texas the whole time I was planning a Michigan wedding! She was always more than willing to help me when my endless amounts of questions being so far away. My wedding party and both sides of the family were very pleased with how everything turned out!
    Thank you so much for making my dream come true! I would recommend GGB to anyone that is looking for an affordable, beautiful venue!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Kirsten · Married on 07/21/2017

Super helpful and supportive! Helped make my wedding exactly what I wanted!

Ronda · Married on 06/03/2017

From the first meeting to the last pick up of forgotten items, the experience was awesome. The event itself was stress free, the decorations and set up beautiful, the staff and service excellent. The food, from the the hor dourves to the late night pizza, was superb. The extra attention to the bride and groom as well as my 7 year old grandson was exceptional. They were treated like royalty.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Kirsten · Married on 06/01/2017

Great ideas and very supportive to make your wedding rock!

• ashley

ashley · Married on 06/01/2017

Jessica and the team made all of my dreams come true! The wedding was absolutely stunning and she was amazing! Highly recommended!

Katie · Married on 04/01/2017

What an awesome place! Not only is the glow a beautiful place, but the staff there is out of this world! Working with Jess was such an amazing experience... She did everything we asked for and more! The food was great and so was the cake! I am so so so happy we chose the Glow and I would recommend it to anybody!!!

Sent on 04/03/2017

My day was beyond perfect! I can't thank Golden Glow enough! The staff, food, and entire reception was beyond amazing!

Sent on 01/07/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

Loved it and worth every penny!

The venue was worth every penny. Now that we are getting our photos back, we couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful location to really liven up our photos! We were under our head count and we’re told they ran out of chicken so some people had to wait a bit, but they handled all of it so I wasn’t being bothered by a thing!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/08/2016

Great food, great service, everyone was very attentive, I couldnt have asked for a better place to have our wedding and reception.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Chelsea · Married on 08/13/2016

I love the Golden Glow. Been to a lot of weddings here and I can’t say enough about how great the food is and the staff!!!! Excellent place for a wedding would recommend to anyone

Sent on 11/05/2017

Beautiful Venue! Fantastic Staff, Excellent service, Great House DJ Would highly reccomend we could'nt be happier!!!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Cody & Sara · Married on 07/25/2015

The Golden Glow Ballroom was absolutely amazing! They were good priced and were very quick to help my now husband and i on our special day! We wouldn't have changed a thing! They are also a one-stop-shop, and made planning so much easier

Sent on 08/04/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/04/2014

The Golden Glow is amazing! The food was absolutely delicious, the cupcakes were out of this world good! Beautiful place! Staff is all so nice, especially Jessica, she was extremely helpful and on top of everything! I would recommend this venue to EVERYONE!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Terry · Married on 09/02/2017

My wife and I were married at the Golden Glow Ballroom on 9/2/17. I have nothing but good things to say about the way our event was run. A wedding day can be stressful and the biggest issue we ran into was forgetting a pen for the guest book. I call that a perfect day. The facility is beautiful and clean. Anything that we needed was available on demand and any "mishaps" (and they did happen) were handled so well that we weren't even aware of them until several days later. The food was phenomenal and staff was friendly, attentive to everyone's wants and needs, and readily available for anyone's request. Ed ran the show for us during the reception and I have nothing but good things to say about this man. Again I cannot believe how well everything was set up and any issues that arose were handled so quickly and discreetly that we never noticed. I would recommend this facility any day of the week.

Sent on 11/01/2017

The Golden Glow is a great option for a reception and/or ceremony! It's a very nice facility with fantastic chefs. Go to one of the complimentary wedding showcases to taste the food, and you'll see how good their food is. The facility can host several weddings during the same time slot because of multiple ballrooms and entrances. The event coordinator, Jessica, is very helpful. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly for set up and the reception. The outdoor Glow Garden was available during our reception, so we were able to use that space for taking family photos. Golden Glow's prices are definitely a great value, too! My only wish is that they offered rental of Chiavari chairs (or had a recommended company that did), or had banquet chairs in a more neutral color than maroon and gold. Chair covers and sashes are available for rental, but I did not want chair covers.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Rebekah · Married on 04/22/2016

The staff at the Golden Glow were amazing right from the start. They are very flexible while working with the bride and groom--they just wanted to make sure we were happy with every detail of our special day. I don't really have anything to complain about, apart from the fact that the last invoice came in only a couple days before the wedding and that large payment was due the next day.
    People raved about the food at our wedding, especially the green beans. I only wish that I had more time to eat, but the bride is always busy busy.
    Our DJ Jeff was also through them and he did an awesome job! He kept people (including my husband and I) on the dance floor all night long. He was very interactive with the audience, but not in an annoying way. In fact, he even got the crowd to get the bartenders out there dancing with us.
    Which brings me to my next point, the bartenders were also great. They were friendly, and people seemed to really enjoy the drinks they made ;) In fact, my stepfather was highly complimentary about them.
    I don't want to make this too long, so I'll end it there. If anyone is looking for the perfect venue for their wedding and/or ceremony, go see Ryan at the Glow because you will NOT regret it!

Sent on 05/10/2016

amanda · Married on 07/18/2014

Wow.

What do you need? They have it. What can we change? They will do it. Ooh, but what about the price? Ask. It is well worth it. Are they really friendly and accommodating? Holy Cow yes.

Thank you Tabbatha and Jeremy. You made our day AMAZING!

Have your ceremony there too!! They just installed a brand new elevator for easy access and a beautiful view.

I end with...

Wow.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Heather Wirostek · Married on 08/24/2019

Accommodating and very helpful for a bride trying to avoid stress!

The Golden Glow was very easy to work with, organized, and classy along with a beautiful area to have the ceremony outside or inside as well as a spacious venue for the reception. The wedding coordinator Jessica did a fabulous job keeping everything running seamlessly!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Jason · Married on 06/30/2018

The food was fantastic, our bartender was phenomenal we never had to sit and ask him for a drink, he would see us walking up and have it ready for us as we got to the bar. Our wedding planner Jessica was great to work with and made it easy for planning our ceremony and dinner, if we ever had a question either she would answer our call or call us back shortly after we tried calling or texting her. The venue was great for the price as well.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Courtney · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing! Very affordable!

Very accommodating! Offer amazing deals for winter weddings! Free appetizers, photo booth, linens, bar upgrade and more bar time! Very responsive to what I wanted and made it happen! Price below is total for reception

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/03/2013

They were very nice during the whole planning. We got so many compliments on the food and the beautiful hall. The staff and bartenders were great the whole reception. We did the beer and wine option and because there was so much beer or wine options to chose from guests didn't mind there was no liquor. I have a few relatives with sensitive stomachs so they even made special things not on the regular buffet offerings for them. Their pastry chef was so great about baking us the cupcakes we wanted. They helped me keep a special kind of cupcake my husband wanted a secret (bacon maple) and brought a tray of a dozen of them to the head table so he could have the first ones and share them with the whoever he picked. He was so thrilled when he saw the cupcakes.
    Really liked having a private bathroom for the wedding party.

We also rented their photo booth and guests loved it and were lined up to use 15 minutes before it opened and were using it till the end. My husband and I were dragged in there a few times with people eager to get a funny picture with the bride and groom. It was a lot of fun.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Shawn · Married on 11/11/2011

The food was amazing (alteast that's what I was told by the guests - I was to busy to eat). The dance floor needs a little improvement, kind of small and there was a slight odor issue with the private bride room facility. If that is corrected it is the absolute BEST place for an event if you are getting married in Saginaw County.

Sent on 11/21/2011