Golden Gate Music Reviews

9 | Lafayette, CA

9 Reviews for Golden Gate Music

Erica · Married on 10/05/2013

I booked Golden Gate Music after they were reccomended by my DJ. Although I never met with Su in person and didnt get to meet Su at the wedding the personalized attention my wedding received was top notch including reccomendations on songs choices. I only got to hear their music during the ceremony but the quartet was the perfect addition to the day. From 80's - Modern music during guests arriving to 20s/30s/40s duringt cocktail hour and a mix for the ceremony I had plenty of song choices to help create the vibe I wanted for my wedding. I just wish I could go back and be a guest to enjoy all of it. Thank you Su and team for being a wonderful addition to my big day.

The Golden Gate Trio, headed up by Su, played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at Beltane Ranch in Sonoma in August 2013. Our wedding was a destination wedding, so I had to plan everything remotely, but Su made the live music part of the planning very easy. She is a pleasure to work with, extremely responsive and you can tell she really knows what she is doing. She made great suggestions for the ceremony songs without being pushy in any way. The trio's repertoire is very large, and spans everything from classical music to recent pop songs. To top it off, they showed up early and perfectly dressed for the occasion. I did not meet Su until the wedding but I never had any stress about her and the trio doing it right, which was a huge relief in the planning process.

Most importantly, this trio the most polished, experienced, professional group of musicians we encountered in our search and were well worth their reasonable price. We listened to quite a few string groups when trying to pick out our live music (some much more experienced than others), and this group easily blew the others out of the water. We actually gave the final decision on the music to a family member who is a band director, and upon listening to recordings from a few groups, he said this quartet/trio was far and away the best.

Overall, I was sorry I did not get to hear more the music because I was busy with pictures and talking, but our guests raved about how beautiful it was and how the trio's selections were perfect for the venue and crowd. While we were getting ready, I did not realize that it was time for the trio to start playing and I actually thought someone had turned on a recording! I would highly recommend Su and her team if you are looking for any kind of live strings at your wedding or event.

Annie · Married on 08/04/2012

Su is the most wonderful and talented person, she actually customized and writed my special song request during the ceremony, and it was really touched.
    Everything turns out so perfect and our guest really enjoy the music thaat Golden gate music played.
    The music sounds so beautiful and amazing.
    We would hightly recommend golden gate music to the couple who love to have thier special moment.

Shannon · Married on 06/24/2011

Our wedding planner recommended Su and Golden Gate Music to us for our ceremony. I was planning our destination wedding in Sonoma County from out of state, and I found the website to be a great introduction to the group. I especially enjoyed the audio samples of their work; they are truly talented. Two weeks prior to our wedding I was struggling to select a recessional song. I really wanted to have one of our favorite Jack Johnson songs, but it was not listed in the song list. However, I reached out to Su, and she composed the song we wanted for our recessional. It was absolutely perfect!

Megan · Married on 06/11/2011

We hired Su and the Golden Gate Quartet for our wedding ceremony, and they are amazing. So talented, creative and a pleasure to work with! Not only do they have a large repertoire of work with a wide diversity of music genres, Su also arranged 2 customized pieces for us: Johnny Cash’s “25 Minutes to Go” and The Imperial March from Star Wars. She was always open to our ideas and was enthusiastic to collaborate and include us in the decision-making. Our ceremony was truly our own, reflected us, and this made it so very special.

We were truly delighted with everything the Golden Gate Quartet had to offer. One unique moment was when Su greeted guests in the garden, playing solo violin. Many of our guests loved this special musical touch. It was the perfect way to start the evening.

If you want a unique wedding with music that suits you, a quartet that plays beautiful music and to work with one of the most professional, enthusiastic, open-minded and talented musicians, this is the quartet for you.

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2010

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Su and Golden Gate Music! They truly embody the definition of outstanding customer service. Su was a pleasure to work with from day one, and I truly enjoyed every single time we corresponded before the wedding. She is just the sweetest and made me feel so at ease. She was incredibly helpful with music selections, and even composed specific songs that I wanted to have in our ceremony. It was so special to walk down the aisle to "My Girl" with Su leading it, knowing that she had composed it for the trio because she knew how meaningful it was to me. They literally brought me and the guests to tears! The musicians arrived very early as to not hit Memorial Day traffic which I really appreciated, and just did a completely amazing job. We received so many compliments on the beautiful live music, it really made the entire ceremony. One of the best hiring decisions we made, I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Rose · Married on 05/09/2009

Wow! What can I say except wow?! The music was beautiful and I was able to fully customize it and Su was an absolute joy to work with. I can't recommend them highly enough!!!

Duchess · Married on 02/17/2008

They play very well.

Excellent use of money for my wedding. I'm glad I used there services. I didn't want music at first but they were great.