Gold Star Catering Reviews

1 User photo

Gold Star Catering 1

Mary Ann Waters · Married on 12/15/2018

Excellent Service & Food

My entire group raved about the food, the service, the arrangements and just couldn't stop talking about how much they enjoyed.

Katie M · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent food!

we had an amazing experience with Hung Le at Gold Star! We had so many compliments on the food and he was super responsive and easy to work with!

Taegan · Married on 04/28/2018

Mr. Hung Le was our Caterer at our wedding on 04/28/18 at Whispering Tree Ranch. The food was phenomenal & delicious! Everyone loved him & the food at our wedding! Chef Le communicated with us and answered all our questions fast. Throughout our wedding planning, he was so kind & polite. He is such an amazing caterer! So happy with his work! We will definitely recommend him to anyone we know in need of a caterer. Thank you sooo much Chef Le & Gold Star Catering!!!

Gold Star Catering 2

Heather · Married on 04/27/2018

This is not your typical “wedding food”. So many guests at my wedding, including myself, were impressed with the food Le made. I am definitely happy with my choice I’m having Gold Star cater our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone in need of amazing food for any event!

Stephanie · Married on 01/20/2018

I can’t tell you how much everyone loved the food at our wedding. Many of my guests commented that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. We were so happy gold star catering did our wedding, they were easy to work with and everything went perfect. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Ronda · Married on 02/23/2017

Chef Le was awesome! He did a wonderful job on the brunch he served. Everything was wonderful, food, set up, great staff! We will be contacting him again!

K · Married on 10/07/2016

Chef Le was phenomenal. He was able to accommodate my wedding at the very last minute without any issues. The food was delicious (especially his macoroni and cheese) and he was sooo nice! I would definitely recommend Gold Star Catering!

Vicki · Married on 10/07/2016

Chef Le catered my daughter's wedding on October 7, 2016. We heard many compliments on the delicious food from all of our guests. He was very accommodating to our needs as he only had a two week notice before the wedding. I highly recommend Gold Star Catering and Chef Le to everyone for their special occasions.

Casey · Married on 09/30/2016

Gold Star Catering was one of two recommended vendors for the venue we chose and we were so lucky Chef Le was available for us. We added some upgrades to our barbecue menu and it was money well spent. He was also incredibly accommodating of our gluten free guests including one in particular who wanted to speak to him regarding how the gluten free dishes were prepared. He was great to work with and very quick and responsive to emails. The way the buffet was set up was visually appealing and matched the look of our venue. Would definitely recommend!

Stephanie · Married on 03/06/2016

Chef Le is the BEST! first and foremost he is very responsive and gets back to you very quickly with any questions or concerns. Most importantly he is such an amazing Chef and made the best food for my wedding. I chose to go outside of the package that was included in my venue and it was the best decision ever. My husband and I had a goal to something fun and unique to us. We met while working at a bar, so we wanted to have a Pub Grub theme. I had no idea how to put that idea in motion, but Chef managed to make it happen without much direction from us. We told him what foods we liked and he created a whole custom menu with 3 different stations. He went above and beyond what we imagined and all of our guests have raved about the food to us. He made the best chili con queso ever! Thank you for everything you did Chef!

Amy · Married on 12/31/2015

Chef Le was fabulous to work with! Our wedding was at the windmill winery and food, snacks and drinks arrived and were served smoothly. PLUS the food was delicious! I highly recommend using chef Le as your caterer for your day!

tiffany · Married on 12/20/2015

We used Chef Le for our wedding at the Windmill Winery and WOW! We received so many compliments on the food!! It was SO delicious and he has a lot to choose from! He also has a great value and service! Book this caterer and you won't be disappointed!

Thank you Chef Le for providing the most delicious wedding food we have ever had! You were so professional and we received so many compliments on the food! We appreciate your time and professionalism for our wedding! We can't say thank you enough!

Natalie · Married on 11/07/2015

Chef Le and his team were amazing.

The food was wonderful, the service was fantastic, and he was very responsive to our requests. We would definitely recommend them for future events!

Maggie · Married on 04/18/2015

The week before our wedding we actually ended up having to switch caterers, we were so flustered but Chef le came to our rescue! He responded quickly, calming my anxieties with the first conversation, answering so many of our questions and concerns of all the new decisions we needed to make. I believe it was a blessing to have needed to switch caterers, we got more for our money with him, coffee at our drink station (I was super happy that was an option with Gold Star), and the food was so good! We had several complements on the food. And he made it a point to come to our table, and check on us and see if we needed anything. We really appreciate everything they did for our special day!

Michelle · Married on 02/28/2015

Chef Le and his catering team provided delicious food and amazing service! I was worried about having only 1 protein as a dinner option, but my guests were extremely pleased with the chicken! It was tender and extremely flavorful. The vegetable medley was well seasoned and EVERYONE raved about the Mac & Cheese. Apart from the menu items, Chef Le was always quick to respond and helped us figure out the best menu items to pair together. The service on the night of the wedding was impeccable as well. Overall 5/5 stars and no complaints.

Thank you for an awesome job catering my daughters wedding. The food was delicious. Everyone I spoke to said they really enjoyed it. Thank you for your part in making this day a very special day for my daughter and her new husband.

Rosa · Married on 04/12/2014

Gold star catering went above and beyond! Amazing food! our guest went up for seconds at the buffet! They served My husband and I first and the chef himself came to us during dinner to make sure everything was good! He even offered to get us more food if we wanted. The Chicken was amazing!!!! Highly recommend them!

Chef Le was great to work with! He was very accommodating to what I wanted to have on the menu for my wedding!

Joyce · Married on 10/25/2013

Chef Le at Gold Star Catering did a fantastic job for our wedding! The food was arranged beautifully and was so tasty our guests went back for seconds! The staff is very attentive and accommodating, the food is delicious, and Chef Le was very professional and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Gold Star Catering to anyone looking for a great caterer for any event.

Sabrina · Married on 08/25/2013

I very much enjoyed working with Chef Le of Gold Star Catering. We booked them through our venue and got a nice package.

Appetizers we got included fresh fruit and gourmet cheese and crackers. We got Mediterranean Chicken, veggies, red potatoes, salad and rolls for our guests. Along with that it included iced tea, lemonade and of course water. We had multiple guests compliment the food on how perfect the chicken was cooked and how fresh it all tasted.

Chef Le was very efficient and quick with any questions we had prior to our wedding. Just all around very helpful and kind. Would use him again for a future event!! Thank you!!

Leah · Married on 08/24/2013

Hung Le and his catering crew did an amazing job at our wedding at the Windmill Winery this past August. He was very helpful via email with any questions we had about food add-ons and such. The food was delicious! Our guests thought the appetizers were amazing (especially the mac and cheese). We went with the Mediterranean chicken as the main dish and added on the Filet Mignon—both were fantastic! The sides (roasted potatoes, garden salad, sautéed veggies) were equally delicious and we got to take all the leftovers home! Everyone was very impressed with the food and the service that Gold Star Catering provided. Hung Le takes great pride in the work he does—and he has every right to!

Tanya · Married on 05/05/2013

Very professional and accommodating. Chef lee was so easy t work with and food was better than I had expected, we had just enough food and the little left overs we had to take home were demolished at our after party. Thanks for your flexibility, we could not ave found a better price either. Highly recommend! Only critique is I would have loved to have some of the appetizers, I heard they were good!

Brianne · Married on 03/23/2013

Gold Star Catering is top notch! Mr. Le was great to work with... so nice and very accommodating! He treated us more like friends than like "just another customer". Plus, our venue had a tiny kitchen and required the use of their own wait staff. Mr. Le readily agreed to work within the venues requirements. And the really important part... the food was amazing! We got so many compliments on the food and a lot of the guests went back for seconds... we had hardly any leftovers! Gold Star Catering definitely gets a Gold Star from my husband and I!!

Tory · Married on 03/16/2013

Chef Le was great to work with. The food was fantastic & it was a nice touch that he and his assistant served my Husband and I at our wedding reception.

IF I ever need a caterer again I will use him for sure!

Chef Le was wonderful. Everyone loved the food at my wedding that he catered at the Windmill Winery. Many of my guests were vegetarian and he was able to provide a tasty vegetarian option along with the buffet. We also had him cater appetizers during the cocktail hour, and as far as I could tell, these were also delicious. During the reception, Chef Le personally served my husband and I, and we appreciated his attentiveness and personal attention.