Going to the Chaplain Reviews

7 | Magnolia, TX

7 Reviews for Going to the Chaplain

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2015

Tara was AMAZING! She met with us and made sure our wedding was everything we could have wanted and more. If you are looking for an officiant, she is the one!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Lina · Married on 09/08/2012

Mrs. Dorroh was an Excellent Chaplin for our Wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for professionalism, integrity, & dedication.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Our experience working with Chaplain Tara through our pre marriage counseling was such a comfortable pleasure. Tara made it easy and comfortable for for us to open up and talk about our concerns before marriage and after marriage. We went over all aspects and expressed our feelings. She really took the time to listen to our feelings and helped us through them all. I never felt uncomfortable once. She is the sweetest lady to speak with and I feel blessed she was there to guide us through such an important time in my now husbands and my life. She was so wonderful the day of our wedding. She made sure we were both comfortable and took the time to pray with each of us before we committed our lives to one another. She had such kind words to say of us during our ceremony. We first met her though my husbands fire department and she has been there through our ups and downs and had always been there and prayed for us. God blessed us by placing Tara in our lives. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect woman to help my husband and I see the true meaning of marriage and help guide us there a wonderful journey in our lives.

Megan

Sent on 06/30/2013
  • Stephanie Conrad

Stephanie · Married on 12/03/2011

Words cannot truly express what a wonderful individual Tara is, but I will give it my best try.

Tara came into my life in 2009 when my dad was hospitalized after suffering from a heart complication that would leave him in a coma for nearly a month. Tara (at the time a Chaplin for the Tomball Fire Department - my dad is a firefighter) became a rock and dear friend to my family as we waited for my dad to recover. Tara prayed with my mom, checked in daily and became so close that we began to think of her as an extended part of our family.

Skip ahead two years, with my dad fully recovered and when Chris (my now husband) and I get engaged. As we began planning details of our wedding, one thing that we were both 100% sure of was that we wanted Tara to marry us. Not only did Tara sit and chat with us openly about our beliefs as well as our future together, she helped us plan for a ‘surprise’ wedding. We had our families meet us for a ‘family counseling session’ with Tara, where we surprised everyone and said our vows. Chris and I had been dating for 8+ years at the time and for us, it was the perfect way to celebrate our commitment. More than anything, Tara was a friend through our entire marriage celebration and Chris and I were honored to say our vows with her.

I imagine that - had we not known Tara before getting married - we would have searched for someone who was professional, friendly and passionate about what they do. Tara holds all of these qualities and more.

Sent on 06/29/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/06/2011

Vendor provided excellent marriage counselling in a limited time frame. She listened and questioned without making us uncomfortable. She offered unbiased feedback and spoke from experience. She was kind and generous. My husband and I absolutely loved her!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Cyndi · Married on 05/28/2011

So wonderful to have someone who really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and initiates a deeper understanding of one another to establish a lifetime of love. What a difference it makes to have a chaplain who really invests in you and your partner to make sure that you are truly ready for such a large commitment! Love her!!!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Erin · Married on 03/04/2017

We loved working with Chaplain Tara! She invited us into her home and took the time to get to know us and as a result, she really personalized our ceremony. We heard so many compliments from our guests on how our officiant created the perfect ceremony for us. She gives great suggestions if you aren't sure what you want in your ceremony, but her goal is to make sure your ceremony is exactly what you want! Chaplain Tara frequently checked in with us during our engagement, and she does offer some "extras" such as premarital sessions if you want them.

Sent on 05/02/2017