Goggin Rental Reviews

6 | Kalamazoo, MI

6 Reviews for Goggin Rental

Dee · event on 12/10/2016

After 3 days of hectic running, I make my last stop. They were so fast, friendly, efficient, and reasonably priced. The value is immeasurable. I truly expect Goggin to be my first stop next year!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Rea · Married on 06/12/2010

Mary at Goggins was patient as I changed my mind on her after my initial visit. Since I planned my wedding long distance we worked through email and phone calls. The cost was reasonable, the delivery was on time and accurate. I enjoyed working with them and would do so again in the future.

My family has used them before for at home events for rentals of tents, tables and chairs. They are always prompt, efficient and good to work with.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Jeanne · Married on 07/10/2010

Goggins did a wonderful job for my wedding. The venue suggested I use them and I was very pleased with the results overall.
    They worked with me on the delivery date; the gentlemen that did the set up worked really hard and did an amazing job in a day of record heat.
    If there is any complaint it would be that I wish they took a little extra time to make sure the order was complete and correct on my initial visit. I needed hundreds of items from dishes, to tents to flatware. These things are hard to figure out when you are a lay person. When I got home and went over the contract with a fine tooth comb I found some of the items I had ordered slipped through the cracks and were not listed on the contract. I think this was because I came to the shop during the busy season and the order was written up too hastily.
    That said Goggins worked with me in a timely manner to correct the order, they allowed last minute changes, additions and cancelations and they listened to my concerns about delivery, etc. Everything in the corrected order was delivered. They remained very pleasant and helpful through out the process.
    Again, I must stress that they really have a most amazing crew for setting up and removal....these guys really work hard and were very pleasant and respectful of the property in the process. It’s no wonder why many vendors refer them.

Sent on 08/04/2010

Dana · Married on 10/09/2010

Here are the good points of Goggin Rental:

1. THey are very flexible. I must have changed my order about 10 times and they always came through with a way to accommodate me. Also, while I reserved a ton of stuff, they only charged me for what I ultimately used. For example, I rented heaters for my outdoor October wedding. We weren't sure if we were going to use them. They told us, if we didn't use them, they wouldn't charge us for them. This was great, and a nice piece of mind for me.

2. Their prices were very reasonable and fair. Our final bill was very close to the estimate, which meant that it was well within our budget, and their products are well maintained and look nice overall.

3. In terms of set-up of the tent, table, chairs, etc. they moved very quickly and professionally and were done right on time. However, they did forget the table linens and had to go back to the shop to pick those up and bring them. It was not a major issue since I had them set up the day before the wedding, but if it had been the day of, it would have been a huge problem.

4. There were a few things that were problematic, but none of these were catastrophic. It seems that the front office is a bit overwhelmed, so sometimes I had to bug them to get an answer to a question or an issue resolved. That being said, the issue was always resolved.

5. The dance floor was not properly put together for the wedding, and so a few people ended up stubbing their toes one to the point of bleeding. However, when I raised this with Goggin the next day they apologized profusely and removed the cost of the dance floor rental from the contract immediately. Problems will happen. The key is how you deal with them, and Goggin dealt with all of them quickly and appropriately without much prodding.

Overall, I would work with them again and recommend them to others. The flexibility, the responsiveness and the value they provide are hard to beat. Finally, they are very nice, friendly people and when you are planning a wedding having people that smile and wish you well on your big day is a nice plus!

Sent on 10/21/2010
  • F

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2009

2.0
      2.0

We rented a large tent, tables, chairs, and a number of other table accessories for our backyard wedding reception. Set-up of the tent went up in about 15 mintues. WOW! Well, we definitely had a few speed bumps after that. We weren't given the correct amount of tables, or tableclothes, or china. WHAT A MESS the night before the wedding. Needless to say, I was a little perturbed, and my aunt had to fix the whole thing the DAY OF THE WEDDING. What's even better - we ended up ordering a few other things from a different rental company because Goggin didn't have them available for the date we needed, and when Goggin came to tear down their tent and pack up all their items, they ended up taking the items of the other rental company's. Are you serious? Don't you keep VERY good track of what items are yours before taking them from someone's property? Not to mention, the other rental company had to call my husband ON OUR HONEYMOON to inquire about the whereabouts of their items, since obviously when they came to our property to pick them up, there was NOTHING left. I'm quite disappointed with this. I'm not sure I'll rent with them again for any event as serious as a wedding.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Goggin Rental's reply:

Goggin Rental has over 50 years experience in rentals, and we always are professional and organized, and we feel weddings is one of our top priorities on professionalism, and perfection. This wedding was treated no differently. The item that is noted that was from the other rental company was a coffee pot, and after we took down the canopy, tables and chairs, we did not want to leave this item outside with no protection. So, we picked it up and called the other rental company and said we would return it for them. We had nothing to do with this unwanted phone call to them on their honeymoon. The other items mentioned about not having the correct quantities of items was simply that we delivered the quantities on the contract. Other items quantities simply were not given to us when the order was placed. The tent was gorgeous and the additional items needed were delivered within the time period they had requested.
  • User4420832 · 2+ years ago

2.2
      1.0

Used goggins for our rehearsal dinner. Had a contracted arrival time with request for a phone call as they were heading our way. Missed the agreed upon time by several hours. Had to call and check on revised delivery time.
    Rental chairs arrived FILTHY. Friends went home and brought back cleaning supplies. Happily had six people on hand to help. Called and asked the manager to call me. Never did.

Sent on 09/23/2014