Goddard Studios Photography Reviews

20 | Laguna Beach, CA

20 Reviews for Goddard Studios Photography

Pilar · Married on 04/01/2017

We chose Goddard Studios for our wedding for a number of reasons and are so glad we did. Anna was so flexible with working with us to craft a photography package that fit our budget but didn't compromise on what was important to us. We also loved the style of their photos, which were crisp and clean and showcased the personalities of the subjects. Anna had done several weddings at our venue before, so she was familiar with where to get the best shots. But most importantly, since we weren't going to be be meeting our photographers until the day of the wedding, it was important for me to feel comfortable with the photographer without the benefit of warming up at an engagement photo session. I found Anna to be so sweet and passionate about her work during our Skype meeting that I knew she was the one for us.

We did a first look at the Mission at San Juan Capistrano. It was right in the middle of the day so I was worried that the bright sun was going to be an issue but Anna and her husband Colin were true professionals and were able to make it work without any issues and took some amazing shots. Even though we hadn't done an engagement session, Anna and Colin made us feel very comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. My husband hates taking photos and you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at the photos. They also took beautiful photos at our wedding at Casa Romantica.

After the wedding, Anna was super quick to get the photos back to us. And she was very accommodating with my requests for specific photoshop edits on some of the photos (for my own personal vanity reasons), which was appreciated. They took so many beautiful photos that I'll treasure for the rest of my life. I absolutely recommend Goddard Studios if you need a photographer. Anna and Colin are fantastic and it was so lovely working with them. Thank you Anna and Colin!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Victoria · Married on 12/08/2014

Thank you Anna for the wonderful job you did with our pictures. We had so much fun! The quality of your work is outstanding. We will definitely use your services again and recommend to our friends!

Thank you so much!!

William and Victoria Waterworth

Sent on 01/28/2015

Randell · Married on 07/30/2014

Anna has a great artistic eye, very easy to work with. Look at her beautiful work. She is published . I am glad I found her - made my day perfect.

Sent on 09/27/2014

I found Goddard Studios through an online search as I am based in New York but was planning my wedding in the Laguna Beach area. I was lucky enough to connect with Anna and I immediately knew she was the photographer for the job. Anna was first and foremost an amazing photographer. She knows how to put people at ease, and turned an awkward pre-wedding shoot into one of the highlights of the weekend. The pictures from the wedding and the pre-wedding shoot far exceeded my expectations, and still make me cry.

The best part of working with Anna/Goddard Studios is how helpful she was and flexible throughout the entire wedding madness. She was always there to help recommend a hair and makeup person, a wedding coordinator, and even had great input on local venues I should consider. She helped work on our schedule and made things flow in a very easy manner. She obviously cares a great deal about all of her clients, and was a huge help keeping the stress as minimized as possible.

I am eternally grateful to have had the pleasure to work with her and highly recommend her to any bride looking for an amazing partner!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Laura · Married on 09/28/2013

Amazing Amazing Amazing!! All the brides want their pictures to look like the ones they see in the cover of Brides magazine. Well look no further! this can actually be possible with Goddard Studio.
    Anna and Collin are two professional photographers that my husband and I are very pleased with. They took the time out to visit our wedding venue before the actual wedding day to make sure they knew all the great spots to capture our photos and they even took into consideration the weather and what time the sun would set in order to time everything perfect. I did get a lot of people telling me you can't really get those perfect pictures unless you are at a studio posing for a real magazine. Well that is not true, with Goddard you will get the pictures that will make you cry because they are so beautiful and just make your jaw drop. You might think I'm exaggerating but take a look at their website. I thought they were posed models like other photographers have on their webpage. but i know some of the brides because they are my friends and myself. and I am not a model, nor are my friends. To top off the great memorable pictures, you get to have two special people Anna and Collin because they will make you feel comfortable and at ease with the whole process. I will say this, I cut down on other things for my wedding to hire these two great photographers and I would do it all over again!! The pictures are what is left from this BIG DAY, Make sure you get only the Best!!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2013

Collin and Anna are amazing photographers. With both of their backgrounds in photography, they are truly able to catch the true beauty in ever moment. They know both sides of the camera, giving them the advantage of what makes the best photos. I think that photography is the biggest part of your wedding considering that is the one tangible thing you are going to walk away with and have years later to re-live/remember that day. Every time I look through my photos, I can truly bring myself to that moment and will most likely have the biggest smile and tears on my face. :) Thank you again Anna and Collin. I would recommend you to any one and everyone.

Sent on 04/04/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/28/2013

Collin and Anna are the absolute best! We researched several photographers both local to where we live here in CA as well as local to the Riviera Maya, Mexico area where we had our wedding. Out of all the photographers we looked at, Goddard Studios had the most natural and beautiful work that we'd seen.We had Anna and Collin cover our Welcome Party the day before, the Wedding, and a trash the dress session the day after. They worked crazy hard the whole time we down there and were very professional and a pleasure to work with. Collin and Anna are so passionate about what they do, they had no problem lieing down in the wedding aisle, getting dirty in the sand and even going fully in the water with their equipment to get the best angles and most creative shots. I was a little apprehensive when they suggested my hubby and I should run off the side of the pier and jump in the water during the trash the dress shoot (note, it was completely my choice to trash my dress. =) ) This ended up being the total money shot! They covered every aspect of our destination wedding and captured so many wonderful candid moments with our guests. It's incredible how so much of it goes by in a blur and it's so great to have their photos to remember such a special occasion in our lives forever. We absolutely love our photo album as well as the slideshow set to music that Anna created. She did such a lovely job selecting the best photos and formatting the album so that the pictures tell the whole story. The album was handmade in Italy and is absolutely beautiful. We've gotten so many compliments on our photos and several friends have even said that our album is the most beautiful wedding album they've ever seen (I know it's the most beautiful I've ever seen!). I would not hesitate to recommend Anna and Collin to anyone looking for talented, professional, creative and passionate photographers for their special occasion.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Anna took really unique pictures of different wedding scenes. She and her husband are very creative - my wedding was on a beach. The hotel lobby was not very pretty, so Anna had us sneak onto a pirate ship where did some pre-wedding photos. Anna helped to make my wedding day very special!

Sent on 03/01/2013

My husband and I used Goddard Studios Photography for our wedding in October 2012 and we were so happy with our decision! We met with a few other photographers but ended up going with Goddard Studios for a few reasons. We were very impressed with their work and we really liked their personalities as well which was very important to us. We also liked that Colin and Anna were a husband and wife team. As part of the package we chose, we first did an engagement shoot with Anna. My husband and I didn’t know what to expect but we ended up having a really fun time with amazing photos to show for it! Anna and Colin both shot our wedding and we couldn’t have been happier with the photos and the album they put together! In addition to providing us with beautiful photos, Anna created the best slideshow which really captured the day. We hadn’t hired a videographer which ended up being just fine because the slideshow was even better than a video to me. I still love looking at the slideshow! We will continue to use Goddard Studios in the future and we highly recommend them to others!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Daniel · Married on 06/02/2012

Anna and Collin were fabulous! We just got our pictures and it's unbelievable. We didn't hire a videographer and were not sure if we had done the right thing, but with all these pictures that captured everything, we're sure now we didn't need one. Anna also put together a slideshow of her favorites, very cool!
    We would certainly recommend Goddard Studios!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Diana · Married on 02/18/2012

Collin and Anna are absolutely wonderful! They took both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures.
    We moved to NYC during our planning of our wedding, which was in Orange County, and they just so happened to be visiting NYC and took time away from their vacation seeing friends/family to get together with us to take our engagement pictures on the streets and parks of NYC. They made my husband and I feel so comfortable, especially with me being one who hates taking pictures. The pictures came out amazing and they really captured us at our best. Colin was on the ground in some shots taking amazing angles and Anna was sure to make sure I looked perfect as well as taking great shots too. Both executed our wedding fabulously!!!!
    They are such a great team, both so beautiful and genuine and definitely work their hardest to make sure they are doing their best for us. I am so grateful for them for capturing my wedding day. If I was still in California, I would be using them for every event, celebration, family pictures or new little one addition I had.
    Thank you Collin and Anna Goddard, you both are so talented.

Sincerely,
    Diana and Michael Murrer

Sent on 02/15/2014

Adele · Married on 01/21/2012

Friends recommended we should meet with Anna after we let them know about our engagement. Her presentation was fantastic, we were impressed with all of the slideshows she showed us. We did however meet with some other photographers, but kept coming back to what we liked best, which was what Anna had showed us. On top of that, Anna seemed very easy going and professional.
    We had not met Collin until our wedding day, but he too was great.
    They both did a fabulous job at our wedding. I don't think they ever sat down. I love how they weren't "in our face" all the time. Looking at the pictures, I wasn't even aware half the time that they were capturing certain moments. We just received our album and we are very very pleased with it. AAA++++

Sent on 09/04/2012

Tiffany · Married on 11/05/2011

I hired Collin to do my wedding photography based on the pictures I saw on his and his wife's website, and the fact that he was so genuinenly nice, helpful and responsive, when initially contacted. I couldn't be happier. He was the most ideal and impressive photographer with a fantastic eye, can work quiclkly and yet is very patient. He was great with my family, incredibly professional all-around and so easy to work with. I've always been apprehensive in front of the camera, but he put me so at ease, that the whlole experience was very enjoyable. The pictures were gorgeous which proves he knows what he's doing in all respects. His wife Anna designed our album and did an excellent job as well. Her creativity and sense of design are out of this world. I feel very lucky that I stumbled upon their website when searching for an Orange County wedding photographer. I'll be forever grateful and will continue to hire Collin and Anna for my family and (hopefully soon) kids!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Ashlee · Married on 09/02/2011

Maria Lindsay, our wedding planner showed us several albums of the photographers she works with most of the time. The albums she had from Goddard Studios stood out above and beyond the others, so we met with Collin, and loved everything he had to say. The engagement shoot was so much fun and we ended up with great pictures. The only problem is that when you have so many good pictures, it's hard to choose which ones to pick! A good problem to have though!
    The wedding pictures came out unbelievable as well. Collin was there every moment of the wedding, and came early just so he could cover every detail. He was polite, professional and quite funny at times. It shows in our pictures that we had such a great time while he photographed us.
    We just went through the album process with Anna, his wife. She's been waiting for us to send our favorites, which is honestly so hard, as they ALL are favorites! I can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure it's going to be great.

Sent on 12/20/2011
  • Y

David · Married on 07/16/2011

Anna-Marie is an incredibly talented photographer. We were lucky to have had her as our wedding photographer. Not only is she technically proficient (her photos are gorgeous), but her kind and generous personality allowed her subjects to relax and to capture those certain moments of the wedding that we will cherish forever. Whether it be the bride, groom or the guests, she's good with everyone and all of our pictures came out natural and quite beautiful. We're very happy with the way all of our photographs came out. I will definitely recommend her to anyone who needs a photographer, whether it be for a wedding, family portrait or anything else.

Sent on 05/20/2012

Alice · Married on 06/11/2011

Amazing! That's all I have to say. I recommend Anna and Collin to anyone! I have some friends who recently got married and almost feel bad for them when we compare our wedding pictures. I feel so blessed that I found Goddard Studios. I remember being so confused as there are so many photographers, and who do you chooose? Anna and I just clicked right from the first appointment on. The slideshows and albums she showed me were incredible, but then you never know if it's going to be the same for your own wedding. Well it was. Everything, from our wedding pictures to the customer service was above and beyond great, I couldn't have asked for more. Anna told me during our first meeting that she and her husband like to tell a story in the pictures they take with a journalistice approach. I honestly wasn't sure exactly what that meant at the time, but now after seeing my pictures and comparing them to my friend's pictures, I know exactly what she meant. My husband's mom for example saw me in my wedding dress when I walked out to get my pictures taken before the ceremony, and she got all teary eyed. I was unaware that Anna and Collin were capturing all this when I walked over to my mother in law and hugged her. It's hard to describe, but it's those real moments that are not posed, that are so important and beautiful. Thanks guys, you did an outstanding job!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Breana · Married on 05/29/2011

Anna-Marie is not only a fantastic Photographer but a wonderful person. My husband and I enjoyed working with her from our very first meeting all the way through the album process. Our engagment and wedding photos were done perfectly and she really caught who my husband and I are. I would recomend Anna-Marie and Goddard Studios to any bride and groom looking for a photographer. I look forward to working with Anna-Marie again in the future to capture all of my families beautiful moments.

Sent on 11/16/2011

Rob · Married on 05/11/2011

I would recommend Goddard studios to every couple that's getting married.
    We ended up with loads and loads of great photos and gorgeous wedding
    album. Collin and Annamarie were very professional during the wedding and were there for every moment. They were fun, they guided us and were never in the way.
    Anna worked her magic after we selected out pictures for the album. I had seen some of my friends wedding albums but the seemed so boring in comparison to what Annamarie did with ours. She worked flowers and other details into the background of the pages, which makes it stand apart. We also ended up getting some albums for our parents as well who were very happy with them.
    My wife and I love their photography style. They know just how to get the right moment. The getting dressed pictures were especially nice and my wife said that Collin and Anna gave her so much confidence, that she felt like a model. I knew my wife was pretty, but she looked absolutely amazing in the pictures, She could be a model.
    We had a beautiful wedding and all of it is in the pictures; all the emotions and laughter. We got so many, it was hard to choose which ones to use. I also just love the black and whites and sepia photos.

Sent on 12/03/2011

Kelsie · Married on 12/05/2010

My husband and I got married in December 2010 and Anna-Marie and Colin were TERRIFIC! We couldn't have asked for better photographers! A+++

Sent on 08/16/2011

Gerbrand · Married on 03/26/2010

We were honored that Anna-Marie from Goddard Studios was able to come to Holland to shoot our wedding. Anna-Marie took shots on all the important moments in a photojournalistic way, exactly what we could have wished for. The weddingalbum was very well composed, of excellent quality and a piece of art. Thank you Anna-Marie for recording the most special event of our life. We sure can recommend you for other happy couples!

Sent on 05/26/2011