Glow Bridal Makeup Reviews

40 | Hadley, MA

40 Reviews for Glow Bridal Makeup

40 Glow Bridal Makeup Reviews

Alexis · Married on 08/21/2011

Kate did an amazing job with my make up for my wedding, along with the bridesmaids. She has a natural talent and can be completely trusted to make you look and feel beautiful! She is outgoing and very easy to work with. I would absolutely recommend her for any of her services. She also did work for my sister's wedding and was just as consistent, if not more precise the second time around ;)

Jenna · Married on 12/31/2010

Kate came highly recommended and, in turn, I cannot recommend her enough - she is professional, enthusiastic and very talented.

Moira · Married on 05/21/2016

I can't thank Kate, Betsy, and Rachel enough!! While I never met Kate, her emails assured me that she was a vendor I could trust. My schedule is pretty hectic and Kate worked hard to fit my needs in terms of booking my hair and makeup trials. Betsy and Rachel are so talented!!! My bridesmaids and I felt and looked beautiful! Not only are they incredibly skilled in their respective trades, but they're just awesome to hang out with! I can be very reserved, especially in front of new people and even more so when stressed out. But they made the environment feel so relaxed and they just fit right in with my crazy bridal party. I can and will recommend Glow Bridal Makeup to everyone who will listen!!

Sarah · event on: 06/24/2014

Kate Franklin @ Glow is a pro all the way around and has the most amazing sweet personality to boot! She was willing to go the extra mile to get me the exact look I wanted for my engagement shoot. I've had my make-up done professionally before and wasn't ever really happy with the finished result OR the ego's of some of the make-up artists which wasn't the case with Kate. She was very open to a little tweaking at the end to get the exact look I wanted while also providing expert suggestions and advice. Not everyone in the industry will do this.. and with a smile!:) Definitely get the airbrush make-up!! You won't regret it. It feels like you are wearing nothing and makes your skin flawless for hours and hours on end even with my oily skin and large pores! I really can't say enough about this girl or how she made me feel about myself. I can't wait for the next special occasion when I can have her do my make-up again!!!

Megan · Married on 07/05/2014

Kate helped me prepare for my wedding months in advance! From spray tans to brow tints and eyelash extensions Kate and I spent alot of time together and became great friends! She perfected my look on my wedding day with airbrush makeup. Everyone was so in love with their looks on my wedding day there wasn't a worry about re applying.

Thanks Kate ♡

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/15/2017

I had a very small wedding party, just myself, and my maid of honor (my sister). Our mom got ready with us as well, so with only 3 girls getting hair & makeup, we did not qualify to use Glow's services with the minimum of 4 girls. Kate was very accommodating and was willing to ask her stylists if anyone would be willing to book me with just 3 girls, and luckily 2 of her artists agreed! I had also booked very far in advance (almost 2 years). I had my wedding-day makeup and pre-trial done with Mina. She's very sweet and has a great memory! We all loved our makeup and it lasted. I love that the airbrush makeup is included in the price we were already paying. The only value we lost out on was pre-paying for lashes that were not used. Carmen was our hair stylist. After my hair trial I looked at the photos for weeks and just decided it wasn't what I wanted. Carmen was very flexible and was able to give me a new style the day of my wedding with some photos I brought. My mom and sister told me how much they loved how their hair looked, and I loved mine as well! I would highly recommend Glow, but would warn anyone who lives far (but has a Western MA wedding) that you'll have to drive to Hadley for your trials (this was 2 hours each way for me!)

Rachel · Married on 08/20/2016

Kate was quick to response to my questions and concerns whenever they came up. The makeup and hair artists were fun and professional. I had little knowledge of what I wanted and gave them full control and they did great! Very flexible for the last minute add ons as well.

Amy · Married on 08/06/2016

3.0

i was very happy with my makeup and hair. Esp. the hair. Stylist was very willing to keep working on it until it felt exactly right. Both held up well throughout the day.

Hillery · Married on 07/02/2016

I was very happy with Glow! They did makeup for 9 women for my July wedding-- moms, bridesmaids, officiant (a friend) and bride. They were consummate professionals throughout the whole process, and I think everyone was happy. I didn't do a trial run before the wedding, but my make-up artist really listened to me and gave me the natural look I asked for. It also held up well in the July heat.

Meaghan · Married on 05/22/2016

Kate and Rachel provided hair and makeup services for me, my bridesmaids, and mom and mother-in-law for my wedding in Sturbridge, MA and we were all very happy with our wedding day styles! The make-up was natural looking, just as I asked for, and it stayed put through many happy tears. Rachel did a great job of replicating the hair style from photos I brought in for my trial day and the big day. Kate and Rachel travelled to our venue the morning of the venue and worked efficiently so we all enjoyed our time getting ready and did not feel pressured for time. The services were a great value, much less expensive than other bridal beauty services I looked into in Massachusetts.

Everyone looked absolutely beautiful! Great at making us all look natural. Kate was super easy going and kind.

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2013

4.2
      3.0

Kate was great to work with. I am a wedding Coordinator, so I did not pay for her services, reason Value is not checked off, but from my perspective she kept the flow of the morning going and stayed on time. All of the wedding party looked great, and all the enjoyed her work. She was on time, came to property and cleaned up her area perfectly. I would recommend Kate for any wedding.

Alex · Married on 09/12/2015

3.5

I have worked with Kate on scheduling hair and makeup for 9 girls the morning of the wedding day and boy did they pull it off!

Kate was very professional, uses great makeup products, and you are definitely transformed to look gorgeous in person and in pictures. She was very easy to work with and her rates are affordable. I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting gorgeous affordable makeup on their day.

The only minor issue I had with is that my low bun only held up for about 4-5 hours before some of my locks started falling out of the bobby pins. However, I do have very thick hair and was not disappointed. Both my hair and makeup looked gorgeous. All of my bridesmaids were very pleased with their look.

Erica · Married on 07/30/2016

3.8
      3.0

I had hair and make-up done by Glow for myself, the mothers, and my bridesmaids. I was really happy with the hair and make-up stylists that we worked with. Everyone looked polished and natural - nothing was too bold or overdone, which is exactly the look I was going for. Even the moms, neither of whom wear much makeup, felt really good once they were all done up.

My experience with the logistics was not as positive. After the initial phone call, almost all communication took place via email - which is fine. However, it felt like each time I followed up about scheduling and details, the owner was misreading the contract and getting the details mixed up. The night before the wedding, she emailed (very late) to confirm a start time that was far later than we had previously agreed to, and would not have worked with the rest of the wedding-day schedule. It took some very early day-of-wedding texting to straighten things out - which included sending in a substitute make-up artist to get started until the regular makeup artist arrived a little later. Everything worked out fine, but it was stress that I did not want, need, or expect to be dealing with on the morning of my wedding.

What I ultimately cared about was how we looked - which was fantastic. And again, the actual hair and makeup artists were great to work with. It was the communication issues with the owner that prevented me from giving this a better review.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Glow Bridal Makeup's reply:

I am very sorry to hear that this timing was a cause of distress. We had the original time down on the contract, and it was changed to earlier. I did not notify the makeup artist until the day prior. The hair stylist had no problem coming in earlier, but the first makeup artist did mind, so I sent in one of our second team members to start the first two attendants until 11 am when we originally scheduled for. Unfortunately, I was in our Texas location not Mass. so when sending the email to confirm, it was received in Eastern time/ in the evening. Because I personally had a 12 person wedding that day, all of my confirmation emails went out as soon I could. This caused distress and unwanted anxiety for you on your big day, and I am so sorry for that. I am glad that the stylists were professional, and gave you exactly what you were desiring for your hair and makeup. Thank you for the feedback for how we can improve for next season.

Hannah · Married on 07/30/2016

0.8
      0.5
      0.5

We hired Glow to do the hair and makeup at our wedding; to be clear, they did NOT do my wedding hair and makeup because they cancelled on us at the trial. I cannot attest to their quality on the wedding day, this is about dealing with them as a business which was very difficult! I tried to book a silver package for myself and my bridesmaids, and add two blowouts for the moms of the bride and groom. On the website it says that you cannot change a package or make substitutions, but nowhere did it say that you can not add à la carte services in addition to a complete package. I wrote this on the contract and sent it in. Two months later, when I went for my trial, they told me that I couldn't do that and quoted me a different price, $200 than what I had thought I was paying on the original contract. We called the salon owner who was not there, and I asked her why she didn't contact me about this change in the two months in between when I sent the original deposit and the day I came in for the trial. She was aggressive on the phone, and told me that all of her other brides didn't mind if she adjusted the price at the trial and that's just the way they do things. I explained to the girls there that this was not about them or the money, but I felt uncomfortable working with someone who would change the terms of a signed contract that she had in her hands for two months without contacting me about the changes. I went outside to take a breath, and when I came in, I told the salon owner on the phone that I would pay the higher price even though I didn't agree with the way she handled the situation. She told me that they were not comfortable working with me, and so I left in tears with my hair and makeup people cancelled a month before my wedding! Luckily I was able to find another hair and makeup team that did an incredible job, but the owner at Glow Salon was incredibly unprofessional and working with them was absolutely the lowest point of my wedding planning experience.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Glow Bridal Makeup's reply:

"Packages are for the number of above wedding parties and include an updo for each , makeup for each, bridal hair and makeup, and trials for the bride. We cannot break up or change the packages in any way. If you have an odd number of guests, or are not requiring both updos and makeup, the packages would not be less expensive. Packages do not include travel fees, lashes, extensions, or gratuities." This was read on the website, and contract before signing that you understood and sent in. Upon arrival my manager Rachel started to go over the contract and day of timeline with you. You were agitated that you could not receive the package and two ala carte services anyways. Rachel called me so I could talk to you about the way it works and the discount is pre-determined for all of the packages. After explaining how you felt, and I would not change our policy, you canceled the wedding services with my team. Your mom then got on the phone and tried to calm the situation down and talk through how this could work for everyone. I explained again that the stylists would be taking a financial hit and not receive full pay if the package was given and ala carte chosen. The final break down was a $90 difference for you to pay. At that time both stylists did not want to work for you any longer. Since everyone is freelance, I have no say in who they work with. I am glad you found another salon to help out, it wasn't the right for our team to work together.