Glow Bridal Makeup Reviews

Glow Bridal Makeup 1
Glow Bridal Makeup 2
Glow Bridal Makeup 3

Alicia · Married on 09/30/2017

I was so, so happy I chose Glow Bridal for hair and makeup services for my wedding day. Kate was extremely responsive and very organized leading up to the day. I worked with Mina for makeup, and Carmen for hair. They provided services for me, my bridesmaids and two moms.

Mina is a fantastic aesthetician and really knows her stuff. I could tell right away at the trial that I would be very happy with everything. She did a fantastic job at the wedding day listening to the small changes I wanted from the trial, and I literally would not change one thing about my makeup. She also was wonderful with my mom, who had never had her makeup professionally applied, and chatted with her on the phone a few weeks in advance of our wedding. She gave her great skincare advice, and my mom was so happy with her youthful makeup application on the wedding day. All the girls were over the moon as well, and I know one girl who filed away information about Glow for future reference!

Carmen was the most patient, hardworking and talented hair stylist I have ever had the pleasure to work with. During my trial, I gave her a pretty complicated inspiration photo, and as we only had an hour together, we didn't quite get it to where we wanted it that day. However, she got my phone #, asked me to send her the inspiration photos and said she would practice the style. Lo and behold a few weeks later, she sent me pictures that she had practiced on her mannequin at home. They were literally perfect. I was blown away by her dedication to get it right. Not to mention, she has the sweetest personality and was very relaxing to work with. On my wedding day she replicated the style perfectly, and I got compliment after compliment from guests.

I would highly recommend booking Glow Bridal for your wedding day, and especially working with Mina and Carmen!

Glow Bridal Makeup 4
    Glow Bridal Makeup 5
    Glow Bridal Makeup 6

Mandi · Married on 04/22/2017

Leticia and Kate are AMAZING!
    I had a little bit of confusion on booking. Kate is in Austin part time, but is the person you work with to set up appointments and what not. She is quick to reply and easy to work with. Leticia is in Austin, and is equally wonderful!

Leticia is the miracle working that did my hair and make up for our wedding. Kate came in and did makeup for my mother and my cousin. Kate did a great job on those ladies! Leticia did everyone's hair.

My trial with Leticia was great! I showed her a few different pictures of ideas that I wanted to combine. I wanted 50's style victory rolls but with a faux hawk. She knew exactly what I wanted and wrangled my very long very thick hair into submission. Leticia is sweet and easy to talk to and work with! As for the makeup, I didn't have a clear vision on what I wanted and Leticia had some great ideas. She did two completely different styles (one on each eye!) and then we figured out which looked best!

On wedding day the ladies showed up on time, and worked their magic with no stress and plenty of time to spare. They were flexible on the order of getting done, which was very helpful on such a crazy day!

If I thought the trial was great, Leticia pulled out all of the stops and my hair and makeup were EVEN BETTER on wedding day! I swear that woman has black magic in the best possible way! My hair was incredible and lasted all night without looking like it was plastered to my head.

I'm weird about having my face all over the internet, so please trust that my makeup was amazing! I felt gorgeous, but still like me, not overdone or unnatural.

Lindsay · Married on 10/08/2016

I had Mina from Glow Bridal for my wedding consultation and day of make-up. She was absolutely amazing! She is so sweet and easy to get along with and she really listens to what you are looking for. I wanted a simple natural look but I still wanted to look stunning on my big day and she did just that. Everyone said that I looked radiant and I owe it all to Mina! The day of the wedding we were on a bit of a time crunch and she kept calm and collected and gave each person her undivided attention and everyone in my bridal party loved their make up. I am so glad we found her! Thank you glow bridal :)

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2016

Kate did the makeup for me, my bridal party, and my mom, and Rachel did hair for me and my bridal party. I could not have been happier with every aspect while working with them. Kate was incredibly responsive and friendly when I initially contacted her. I rarely wear makeup and when I had gotten it professionally done before I never really felt like I looked like myself in pictures. Kate definitely listened to my concerns and what I was looking for and she more than delivered. Not to mention she was extremely friendly and fun to talk to while getting makeup done.
    Rachel’s skill and personality were a perfect match in working with Kate. I had trouble finding a hairstyle that I wanted for my wedding day until I was browsing pictures on their website and I found what I wanted. Everyone seemed to want such different hairstyles and Rachel did each one to perfection.
    I have truly never felt more beautiful than I did that day, I think they did a wonderful job and I couldn’t have asked for more from them. Their price beat out a lot of other companies in the area and I’d honestly be surprised if you were getting better quality from someone else.

Mina at Glow did a gorgeous job on my makeup, my mom's makeup, and two of my bridesmaids. She was very sweet and professional and made everyone feel comfortable. Same for the hair stylist--relaxed and accommodating and great with different hair types. Would definitely recommend Glow Bridal!

Andi · Married on 07/17/2016

We booked them for not one but two brides for a hot July wedding for hair and makeup. We also had some of the bridal party and a mother of the bride use the makeup service. We found the women who did our hair and makeup to be personable and professional, doing an excellent job of making our hair stay just right and our looks be polished. We received a great deal of compliments on how beautiful we both looked and it was thanks to Glow Bridal.

Barbara · Married on 07/09/2016

Kate is awesome! She did myself and all 10 of my bridesmaids! Everyone's makeup last all night long!

Paulina · Married on 05/14/2016

Letecia did an absolutely amazing job. We had not 1 but 2 trials because I could not make up my mind. She is extremely professional and very sweet. Not only did she make me look stunning but both moms as well. She was very flexible on time and scheduling and even managed to squeeze my aunt in. I would highly recommend her to any Austin brides.

Christy · Married on 05/07/2016

I hired Glow for my wedding and it went extremely well! They are reasonably priced (for bridal hair/makeup) and traveled to us for the day which was definitely one of the main reasons we selected them. Rachel showed up on time, was completely prepared and styled 5 bridesmaids (all in a unique up-do) and did my make up and hair. She was super nice and made us look like a cohesive bridal party, she worked hard and never seemed tired or asked for a break. She listened to what we wanted and provided suggestions when we needed them while staying on schedule!! it went so well and created a relaxing atmosphere on what could have been a stressful morning!

Brenna · Married on 10/09/2015

Kate and Rachel from Glow are amazing! From the start I was impressed by the reviews and the value included in pricing. When I had my trial with Kate, she was very professional and listened to my concerns about how I wanted my hair and make up done. During the day of, I had hair and make up done for myself and my whole bridal party. Everyone looked gorgeous! Most of my bridesmaids had never had make up done professionally and were nervous, but Kate brought out everyone's natural beauty to enhance their features without making anyone look overdone. I also highly recommend false lashes; they were so beautiful and I got many compliments on them. You will not be disappointed if you book Glow!!

We booked Glow for our October wedding this year. We had 5 people for hair and and makeup services contracted with them. After initially going through my numerous questions kindly answering each one, I booked the wedding with Glow. They scheduled our trial with Letecia, one of the associates. After meeting Letecia I knew we had made the right choice. Letecia was so amazing! I loved my trial and it was exactly what I asked her for, but after seeing a friend of mine get married I wanted a different down do for my hair. After contacting her (the week of the wedding) she stated she had no problem changing the entire hair style! My hair and makeup came out flawless, and lasted all night. My bridesmaids all got different up/down dos and they loved their looks as well. We even gave her more money than asked, because she was so kind and her work impeccable. (Still less than other Austin hair vendors we had all used in past weddings!)

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2015

I am extremely impressed with the services I received from Kate and the GLOW team. I made my reservation sort of last minute in my opinion, and they were still able to accommodate me and send girls out for hair and makeup. I had pre-trials, which were very helpful, and decided to make some adjustments to the makeup between the trial and wedding. Kate was extremely responsive and understanding of my needs and I was very happy with everything. On the day of the wedding, Kay and Betsy were prompt, professional, and flexible. My maid of honor was an hour late with her 2 year old and my crazy aunt and mother wanted to add a bunch of services last minute! Kate was available to discuss options and the girls nailed everything perfectly with time to spare! I have no idea how but it all came together but I received so many compliments on hair and makeup. These girls saved my butt!

Katie · Married on 08/08/2015

My now husband and I moved to Austin, TX about two years ago from Boston. Since we are both from New Hampshire, we wanted to get married back "home" in the mountains. In full wedding preparation mode, I booked a facial at Glow in Austin and met Kate (the owner). When she told me the other half of her business was in Massachusetts, and that she travels back and forth between TX and MA to do makeup for weddings, I knew we were destined to work together. An added bonus - she was awesome and someone I could see actually hanging out with outside of wedding-mode (and two months post-wedding, we DO keep in touch).

Needless to say, I booked her for makeup and also booked her employee Rachel for hair. They were awesome. Everyone LOVED the way they looked.. and that says a lot given there were 7 of us total (making 7 women happy is not an easy feat!). The best part was that they were actually affordable - affordable, flexible AND good at what they do.. what's not to like?

I would recommend the Glow team to anyone in the greater New England OR Texas area. You will not be disappointed!

Kate and Rachel were wonderful to work with! They did hair/makeup for me and my family for our wedding at the end of July 2015 in Amherst, MA.
    They did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup – I felt totally natural and comfortable with my look, and beautiful! They were absolute professionals, staying calm and understanding how hectic the day can get. Some family members who did not plan on getting makeup done asked to have it done at the last minute (after seeing how great everyone else looked!). And Kate easily and professionally included them too.
    I highly recommend Glow Bridal!

EXCELLENT! We went into the salon because not all of my bridesmaids wanted their makeup done. I spaced out the appointment time and we were like 45 minutes late but she still did our makeup, did a GREAT job, AND we were done before the time the original appointment was supposed to end! Wow! I don't wear much makeup so I really wanted a natural look, and she gave me just that. Very flexible, very talented. Thank you!

Theresa · Married on 05/29/2015

Kate is truly incredible! She did the make up for my engagement photos and my wedding!! She was fun to be around, professional , flexible and accommodating.
    I also did spray tan! This was the first time I did this and Kate made me feel completely comfortable and the outcome was awesome!
    Rachel her hair stylist extraordinaire did my hair for my wedding and 6 friends! Our hair was spectacular . Rachel was also fun to be around and made sure we all loved our hair!

I received soooo many compliments on the tan, make up and hair!!! So happy with it all. It couldn't have been more perfect. I still looked fabulous at 11:30 pm.

Marigny · Married on 04/18/2015

Kate Franklin did a beautiful job on my make up and my bridesmaids. Several of my bridesmaids have been in other weddings before and after mine and all of them have said Glow Bridal did the best job. The make up was prefect for the atmosphere and the occasion.

Kate was amazing! Incredibly friendly, responsive and professional (and talented!). I booked her six months before my wedding, and the day before my big day, she emailed me to confirm that she'd see me the next day. What more could a hectic bride ask for? No wondering or worrying, just an unsolicited email to let me know that she'd be there to take care of me and my bridesmaids. I also don't wear a lot of makeup day-to-day, and Kate was very respectful of my preference for a lightweight, natural look for my wedding day.

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

I was so relieved to find Kate through Wedding Wire! I am one of those ladies who doesn't wear makeup very often, and I was afraid my groom might not recognize me if I looked too done up on my wedding day. Our wedding was outside in a garden setting, and I wanted a really soft, natural, "kissable" look. I looked and looked for a makeup artist whose style I liked. And I almost opted to go bare-faced, when I found Kate's profile. I read a few other of Kate's reviews by makeup phobes like me, and after glancing through her portfolio, I knew she was the one.

A few months before the wedding, I went to Kate for a facial with the hopes of improving my skin (and meeting my makeup artist) before the big day. It was the first time during the entire wedding planning process where I felt relaxed. Kate is warm, personable, fun, and knowledgable. And after one facial, my skin looked so much better. Fewer black heads, smaller pores, reduced redness. I was very pleased.

For my makeup trial, we tried a look that, while fun for a date night out, was too much for what I envisioned for my wedding day. Afterwards, I sent Kate my thoughts, along with a couple of photos from the internet for inspiration, and on the big day, she totally nailed it.

I had a lot of fun working with her, and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

Kate was amazing from beginning to end! She did an outstanding job on everyone's make-up the day of my wedding. She made everyone look sensational and enhanced their natural beauty! She was a great vendor! I highly recommend her for all future brides!!!

Kimberly · Married on 09/28/2013

I went to see Kate from a personal referral after I was displeased with another bridal trial. She listened to me and asked me questions about my skin and how I wanted to look on my wedding. Everything was perfect! I cannot say enough good things about Kate and her talent to bring out the beauty in people.

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2013

I had pretty much given up on professional makeup after looking like a clown one too many times. I was very nervous to have my makeup done for my best friend's wedding, but once I met Kate, I knew I was in good hands. Everyone in the wedding party looked phenomenal. I happened to be getting married a month later, so I contacted Kate ASAP, and luckily she was available to do the makeup for my wedding. Kate was professional, organized, and her results were consistently exceptional. I highly recommend Glow Bridal Makeup!

Maggie · Married on 09/14/2013

Kate did an amazing job with our makeup. She listened closely to us all as to what we liked and didn't like and made us all more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Both my mother and mother in law were shocked at how great they looked. Wish I could get married next weekend and use her once again!

Rachael · Married on 08/31/2013

Kate is an amazing make-up artist and aesthetician. She is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Kate is easy to reach via phone, text, or email. She is flexible in that I had one idea for my make-up trial and by the time the wedding came around I had changed my mind -- Kate totally adjusted and was able to give me the look I wanted on wedding day.

Kate uses airbrush make-up which photographs very well. Kate also does amazing facials and works with you to get your skin glowing! I met with her twice before my wedding and she introduced me to some exfoliating products that really helped improve my skin. I was so happy with the results I actually still continue to use the products she recommended today.

Kate is an amazing person and I am so happy that I have gotten to know her over the past few months. She is super sweet and has such a big heart, but above all, Kate is REALLY GOOD at her job! From the moment I met her, I was impressed with her knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm. Kate travels all across New England even to Martha's Vineyard during the summer wedding season. My maid of honor was so happy with her experience at my wedding, she asked Kate to do our make-up at her wedding a month later. I HIGHLY recommend Kate Franklin with Glow Bridal Makeup for any wedding, engagement, or special event you have planned.

jocelyn · Married on 07/21/2012

Kate is amazing. she was flexible in her schedule and came to my house even for the test run. On the day of the event she arrived early to set up and start the make up process. She understood i wanted very natural makeup for everyone and it was flawless. She did a great job on my mom who does not wear any makeup at all. she was nervous at first that it would look too madeup, but it was perfect. Kate listens to her clients, is friendly, and very accommdating to the bride's wishes. It is a stressful time and Kate's friendly demeanor and professionalism help to ease any worries!