40 Reviews for Glow Bridal Makeup

Contour Makeup (1)
Tweezing (1)
Waxing (1)
39 Glow Bridal Makeup Reviews

I was so, so happy I chose Glow Bridal for hair and makeup services for my wedding day. Kate was extremely responsive and very organized leading up to the day. I worked with Mina for makeup, and Carmen for hair. They provided services for me, my bridesmaids and two moms.

Mina is a fantastic aesthetician and really knows her stuff. I could tell right away at the trial that I would be very happy with everything. She did a fantastic job at the wedding day listening to the small changes I wanted from the trial, and I literally would not change one thing about my makeup. She also was wonderful with my mom, who had never had her makeup professionally applied, and chatted with her on the phone a few weeks in advance of our wedding. She gave her great skincare advice, and my mom was so happy with her youthful makeup application on the wedding day. All the girls were over the moon as well, and I know one girl who filed away information about Glow for future reference!

Carmen was the most patient, hardworking and talented hair stylist I have ever had the pleasure to work with. During my trial, I gave her a pretty complicated inspiration photo, and as we only had an hour together, we didn't quite get it to where we wanted it that day. However, she got my phone #, asked me to send her the inspiration photos and said she would practice the style. Lo and behold a few weeks later, she sent me pictures that she had practiced on her mannequin at home. They were literally perfect. I was blown away by her dedication to get it right. Not to mention, she has the sweetest personality and was very relaxing to work with. On my wedding day she replicated the style perfectly, and I got compliment after compliment from guests.

I would highly recommend booking Glow Bridal for your wedding day, and especially working with Mina and Carmen!

Photo for Glow Bridal Makeup Review - Bridal makeup
Photo for Glow Bridal Makeup Review - Hair and makeup for bride and bridesmaids provided by Glow
Profile Picture Alicia, 9/30/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I had a very small wedding party, just myself, and my maid of honor (my sister). Our mom got ready with us as well, so with only 3 girls getting hair & makeup, we did not qualify to use Glow's services with the minimum of 4 girls. Kate was very accommodating and was willing to ask her stylists if anyone would be willing to book me with just 3 girls, and luckily 2 of her artists agreed! I had also booked very far in advance (almost 2 years). I had my wedding-day makeup and pre-trial done with Mina. She's very sweet and has a great memory! We all loved our makeup and it lasted. I love that the airbrush makeup is included in the price we were already paying. The only value we lost out on was pre-paying for lashes that were not used. Carmen was our hair stylist. After my hair trial I looked at the photos for weeks and just decided it wasn't what I wanted. Carmen was very flexible and was able to give me a new style the day of my wedding with some photos I brought. My mom and sister told me how much they loved how their hair looked, and I loved mine as well! I would highly recommend Glow, but would warn anyone who lives far (but has a Western MA wedding) that you'll have to drive to Hadley for your trials (this was 2 hours each way for me!)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Leticia and Kate are AMAZING!
I had a little bit of confusion on booking. Kate is in Austin part time, but is the person you work with to set up appointments and what not. She is quick to reply and easy to work with. Leticia is in Austin, and is equally wonderful!

Leticia is the miracle working that did my hair and make up for our wedding. Kate came in and did makeup for my mother and my cousin. Kate did a great job on those ladies! Leticia did everyone's hair.

My trial with Leticia was great! I showed her a few different pictures of ideas that I wanted to combine. I wanted 50's style victory rolls but with a faux hawk. She knew exactly what I wanted and wrangled my very long very thick hair into submission. Leticia is sweet and easy to talk to and work with! As for the makeup, I didn't have a clear vision on what I wanted and Leticia had some great ideas. She did two completely different styles (one on each eye!) and then we figured out which looked best!

On wedding day the ladies showed up on time, and worked their magic with no stress and plenty of time to spare. They were flexible on the order of getting done, which was very helpful on such a crazy day!

If I thought the trial was great, Leticia pulled out all of the stops and my hair and makeup were EVEN BETTER on wedding day! I swear that woman has black magic in the best possible way! My hair was incredible and lasted all night without looking like it was plastered to my head.

I'm weird about having my face all over the internet, so please trust that my makeup was amazing! I felt gorgeous, but still like me, not overdone or unnatural.

Profile Picture Mandi, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I had Mina from Glow Bridal for my wedding consultation and day of make-up. She was absolutely amazing! She is so sweet and easy to get along with and she really listens to what you are looking for. I wanted a simple natural look but I still wanted to look stunning on my big day and she did just that. Everyone said that I looked radiant and I owe it all to Mina! The day of the wedding we were on a bit of a time crunch and she kept calm and collected and gave each person her undivided attention and everyone in my bridal party loved their make up. I am so glad we found her! Thank you glow bridal :)

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Kate was quick to response to my questions and concerns whenever they came up. The makeup and hair artists were fun and professional. I had little knowledge of what I wanted and gave them full control and they did great! Very flexible for the last minute add ons as well.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kate did the makeup for me, my bridal party, and my mom, and Rachel did hair for me and my bridal party. I could not have been happier with every aspect while working with them. Kate was incredibly responsive and friendly when I initially contacted her. I rarely wear makeup and when I had gotten it professionally done before I never really felt like I looked like myself in pictures. Kate definitely listened to my concerns and what I was looking for and she more than delivered. Not to mention she was extremely friendly and fun to talk to while getting makeup done.
Rachel’s skill and personality were a perfect match in working with Kate. I had trouble finding a hairstyle that I wanted for my wedding day until I was browsing pictures on their website and I found what I wanted. Everyone seemed to want such different hairstyles and Rachel did each one to perfection.
I have truly never felt more beautiful than I did that day, I think they did a wonderful job and I couldn’t have asked for more from them. Their price beat out a lot of other companies in the area and I’d honestly be surprised if you were getting better quality from someone else.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/19/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

Mina at Glow did a gorgeous job on my makeup, my mom's makeup, and two of my bridesmaids. She was very sweet and professional and made everyone feel comfortable. Same for the hair stylist--relaxed and accommodating and great with different hair types. Would definitely recommend Glow Bridal!

Profile Picture User7264623, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

i was very happy with my makeup and hair. Esp. the hair. Stylist was very willing to keep working on it until it felt exactly right. Both held up well throughout the day.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/6/16, 1 Review
0.8

We hired Glow to do the hair and makeup at our wedding; to be clear, they did NOT do my wedding hair and makeup because they cancelled on us at the trial. I cannot attest to their quality on the wedding day, this is about dealing with them as a business which was very difficult! I tried to book a silver package for myself and my bridesmaids, and add two blowouts for the moms of the bride and groom. On the website it says that you cannot change a package or make substitutions, but nowhere did it say that you can not add à la carte services in addition to a complete package. I wrote this on the contract and sent it in. Two months later, when I went for my trial, they told me that I couldn't do that and quoted me a different price, $200 than what I had thought I was paying on the original contract. We called the salon owner who was not there, and I asked her why she didn't contact me about this change in the two months in between when I sent the original deposit and the day I came in for the trial. She was aggressive on the phone, and told me that all of her other brides didn't mind if she adjusted the price at the trial and that's just the way they do things. I explained to the girls there that this was not about them or the money, but I felt uncomfortable working with someone who would change the terms of a signed contract that she had in her hands for two months without contacting me about the changes. I went outside to take a breath, and when I came in, I told the salon owner on the phone that I would pay the higher price even though I didn't agree with the way she handled the situation. She told me that they were not comfortable working with me, and so I left in tears with my hair and makeup people cancelled a month before my wedding! Luckily I was able to find another hair and makeup team that did an incredible job, but the owner at Glow Salon was incredibly unprofessional and working with them was absolutely the lowest point of my wedding planning experience.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Hannah, 7/30/16, 8 Reviews
3.8

I had hair and make-up done by Glow for myself, the mothers, and my bridesmaids. I was really happy with the hair and make-up stylists that we worked with. Everyone looked polished and natural - nothing was too bold or overdone, which is exactly the look I was going for. Even the moms, neither of whom wear much makeup, felt really good once they were all done up.

My experience with the logistics was not as positive. After the initial phone call, almost all communication took place via email - which is fine. However, it felt like each time I followed up about scheduling and details, the owner was misreading the contract and getting the details mixed up. The night before the wedding, she emailed (very late) to confirm a start time that was far later than we had previously agreed to, and would not have worked with the rest of the wedding-day schedule. It took some very early day-of-wedding texting to straighten things out - which included sending in a substitute make-up artist to get started until the regular makeup artist arrived a little later. Everything worked out fine, but it was stress that I did not want, need, or expect to be dealing with on the morning of my wedding.

What I ultimately cared about was how we looked - which was fantastic. And again, the actual hair and makeup artists were great to work with. It was the communication issues with the owner that prevented me from giving this a better review.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erica, 7/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We booked them for not one but two brides for a hot July wedding for hair and makeup. We also had some of the bridal party and a mother of the bride use the makeup service. We found the women who did our hair and makeup to be personable and professional, doing an excellent job of making our hair stay just right and our looks be polished. We received a great deal of compliments on how beautiful we both looked and it was thanks to Glow Bridal.

Profile Picture Andi, 7/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

Kate is awesome! She did myself and all 10 of my bridesmaids! Everyone's makeup last all night long!

Profile Picture User5386558, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Fake Lashes

I was very happy with Glow! They did makeup for 9 women for my July wedding-- moms, bridesmaids, officiant (a friend) and bride. They were consummate professionals throughout the whole process, and I think everyone was happy. I didn't do a trial run before the wedding, but my make-up artist really listened to me and gave me the natural look I asked for. It also held up well in the July heat.

Profile Picture User7217962, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kate and Rachel provided hair and makeup services for me, my bridesmaids, and mom and mother-in-law for my wedding in Sturbridge, MA and we were all very happy with our wedding day styles! The make-up was natural looking, just as I asked for, and it stayed put through many happy tears. Rachel did a great job of replicating the hair style from photos I brought in for my trial day and the big day. Kate and Rachel travelled to our venue the morning of the venue and worked efficiently so we all enjoyed our time getting ready and did not feel pressured for time. The services were a great value, much less expensive than other bridal beauty services I looked into in Massachusetts.

Profile Picture Meaghan, 5/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Updos/Styling, Group Discounts, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I can't thank Kate, Betsy, and Rachel enough!! While I never met Kate, her emails assured me that she was a vendor I could trust. My schedule is pretty hectic and Kate worked hard to fit my needs in terms of booking my hair and makeup trials. Betsy and Rachel are so talented!!! My bridesmaids and I felt and looked beautiful! Not only are they incredibly skilled in their respective trades, but they're just awesome to hang out with! I can be very reserved, especially in front of new people and even more so when stressed out. But they made the environment feel so relaxed and they just fit right in with my crazy bridal party. I can and will recommend Glow Bridal Makeup to everyone who will listen!!

Profile Picture User4910429, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling

Letecia did an absolutely amazing job. We had not 1 but 2 trials because I could not make up my mind. She is extremely professional and very sweet. Not only did she make me look stunning but both moms as well. She was very flexible on time and scheduling and even managed to squeeze my aunt in. I would highly recommend her to any Austin brides.

Profile Picture Paulina, 5/14/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Tweezing, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Updos/Styling

I hired Glow for my wedding and it went extremely well! They are reasonably priced (for bridal hair/makeup) and traveled to us for the day which was definitely one of the main reasons we selected them. Rachel showed up on time, was completely prepared and styled 5 bridesmaids (all in a unique up-do) and did my make up and hair. She was super nice and made us look like a cohesive bridal party, she worked hard and never seemed tired or asked for a break. She listened to what we wanted and provided suggestions when we needed them while staying on schedule!! it went so well and created a relaxing atmosphere on what could have been a stressful morning!

Profile Picture Christy, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kate and Rachel from Glow are amazing! From the start I was impressed by the reviews and the value included in pricing. When I had my trial with Kate, she was very professional and listened to my concerns about how I wanted my hair and make up done. During the day of, I had hair and make up done for myself and my whole bridal party. Everyone looked gorgeous! Most of my bridesmaids had never had make up done professionally and were nervous, but Kate brought out everyone's natural beauty to enhance their features without making anyone look overdone. I also highly recommend false lashes; they were so beautiful and I got many compliments on them. You will not be disappointed if you book Glow!!

Profile Picture Brenna, 10/9/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Group Discounts, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Fake Lashes

We booked Glow for our October wedding this year. We had 5 people for hair and and makeup services contracted with them. After initially going through my numerous questions kindly answering each one, I booked the wedding with Glow. They scheduled our trial with Letecia, one of the associates. After meeting Letecia I knew we had made the right choice. Letecia was so amazing! I loved my trial and it was exactly what I asked her for, but after seeing a friend of mine get married I wanted a different down do for my hair. After contacting her (the week of the wedding) she stated she had no problem changing the entire hair style! My hair and makeup came out flawless, and lasted all night. My bridesmaids all got different up/down dos and they loved their looks as well. We even gave her more money than asked, because she was so kind and her work impeccable. (Still less than other Austin hair vendors we had all used in past weddings!)

Profile Picture Kate , 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I am extremely impressed with the services I received from Kate and the GLOW team. I made my reservation sort of last minute in my opinion, and they were still able to accommodate me and send girls out for hair and makeup. I had pre-trials, which were very helpful, and decided to make some adjustments to the makeup between the trial and wedding. Kate was extremely responsive and understanding of my needs and I was very happy with everything. On the day of the wedding, Kay and Betsy were prompt, professional, and flexible. My maid of honor was an hour late with her 2 year old and my crazy aunt and mother wanted to add a bunch of services last minute! Kate was available to discuss options and the girls nailed everything perfectly with time to spare! I have no idea how but it all came together but I received so many compliments on hair and makeup. These girls saved my butt!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I have worked with Kate on scheduling hair and makeup for 9 girls the morning of the wedding day and boy did they pull it off!

Kate was very professional, uses great makeup products, and you are definitely transformed to look gorgeous in person and in pictures. She was very easy to work with and her rates are affordable. I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting gorgeous affordable makeup on their day.

The only minor issue I had with is that my low bun only held up for about 4-5 hours before some of my locks started falling out of the bobby pins. However, I do have very thick hair and was not disappointed. Both my hair and makeup looked gorgeous. All of my bridesmaids were very pleased with their look.

Profile Picture Alex, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My now husband and I moved to Austin, TX about two years ago from Boston. Since we are both from New Hampshire, we wanted to get married back "home" in the mountains. In full wedding preparation mode, I booked a facial at Glow in Austin and met Kate (the owner). When she told me the other half of her business was in Massachusetts, and that she travels back and forth between TX and MA to do makeup for weddings, I knew we were destined to work together. An added bonus - she was awesome and someone I could see actually hanging out with outside of wedding-mode (and two months post-wedding, we DO keep in touch).

Needless to say, I booked her for makeup and also booked her employee Rachel for hair. They were awesome. Everyone LOVED the way they looked.. and that says a lot given there were 7 of us total (making 7 women happy is not an easy feat!). The best part was that they were actually affordable - affordable, flexible AND good at what they do.. what's not to like?

I would recommend the Glow team to anyone in the greater New England OR Texas area. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Group Discounts, Facials, Group Services, Hair, Hair Removal, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Waxing

Kate and Rachel were wonderful to work with! They did hair/makeup for me and my family for our wedding at the end of July 2015 in Amherst, MA.
They did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup – I felt totally natural and comfortable with my look, and beautiful! They were absolute professionals, staying calm and understanding how hectic the day can get. Some family members who did not plan on getting makeup done asked to have it done at the last minute (after seeing how great everyone else looked!). And Kate easily and professionally included them too.
I highly recommend Glow Bridal!

Profile Picture User5453650, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

EXCELLENT! We went into the salon because not all of my bridesmaids wanted their makeup done. I spaced out the appointment time and we were like 45 minutes late but she still did our makeup, did a GREAT job, AND we were done before the time the original appointment was supposed to end! Wow! I don't wear much makeup so I really wanted a natural look, and she gave me just that. Very flexible, very talented. Thank you!

Profile Picture Rosanna, 6/13/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kate is truly incredible! She did the make up for my engagement photos and my wedding!! She was fun to be around, professional , flexible and accommodating.
I also did spray tan! This was the first time I did this and Kate made me feel completely comfortable and the outcome was awesome!
Rachel her hair stylist extraordinaire did my hair for my wedding and 6 friends! Our hair was spectacular . Rachel was also fun to be around and made sure we all loved our hair!

I received soooo many compliments on the tan, make up and hair!!! So happy with it all. It couldn't have been more perfect. I still looked fabulous at 11:30 pm.

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/29/15, 2 Reviews