GLOW Artistry - On Location Makeup Artistry Reviews

49 | Matthews, NC

49 Reviews for GLOW Artistry - On Location Makeup Artistry

Emily · Married on 01/14/2012

I can not recommend Jackie and the Glow Artistry team enough! Jackie was so easy to work with through all of the preparations for my wedding and for the actual big day. She came to my house and did a trial that went perfectly. She understood my style exactly. I was concerned with looking too made up and over the top, but she was able to make me feel like myself just a little bit more glamorous. Her work is beautiful and on the day of my wedding she was a pleasure to work with. She is very professional. You won't have to worry about her being on time or being reliable. She is very easy to reach if you have questions before the big day, and the pricing is VERY reasonable! I loved getting to know Jackie and think everyone should use her! With all of the stresses in planning a wedding, choosing a make up artist should be easy. Go with Glow Artistry and you won't regret it! :)...

Sent on 03/15/2012

Emily · Married on 01/14/2012

I cannot begin to express how happy I was to go with Jackie and the rest of her Glow Artistry team! From the very beginning, she was so efficient in getting back to me with all of my questions. Her prices are very reasonable and worth every penny. Jackie did a trial for me which I loved. She doesn't go overboard with the make up so you can still look like you! And you know exactly what you are getting the day of, so one less thing to worry about on your special day. The Glow Artistry team was right on time and did all of the girls make up in a timely manner (I had 8 bridesmaids, mob, mog, and a grandma get their make up done). They are so professional but at the same time down to earth and easy to work with. A lot of make up artists out there do a great job applying make up, but I think what makes Glow Artistry stand out is there ability to connect with the brides and make them feel comfortable. There is too much stress with planning a wedding so if you with Glow you can definitely be confident that you made the right choice. I will definitely contact Jackie any time I need make up done for the future! - Emily

Sent on 10/10/2012

Toni · Married on 10/29/2011

Jackie was absolutely wonderful. She did the makeup for my entire bridal party, and everyone looked fantastic and was pleased with the experience. I would definitely use Jackie again for makeup services.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Kate · Married on 10/01/2011

Jackie was AMAZING! From the first email to the day of the wedding Jackie was great. She was quick to respond on my emails and ask all my questions. Also, her prices are amazing! She came to my house for a trial and did my make up and my maid of honors makeup. She wrote down all the make up she used and on the day of the wedding she knew what make up to use. Also, she did my other bridesmaids make up perfectly without even doing a trail run.

I have recommended Jackie to all my friends that are getting married. She does amazing work, her prices are right and she has a great personality. Thanks Jackie!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/09/2011

Jackie was great to work with. After going through 5 other makeup people I finally found Jackie. She was so easy to work with and I loved my makeup (which last outside all day in 90 degree heat). Also, her prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 08/01/2011

SARAH · Married on 05/21/2011

I had the pleasure of working with Jackie for my wedding and it was a great experience! I first met Jackie at my cousin's wedding last November and was blown away by her work and then decided to book her for my own wedding! Jackie has a calming, organized and fun feeling about her that is just perfect for my wedding day ! She listens to what you want but also knows how to add the perfect touches to make you look like a million bucks on your big day! I would recommend her to everyone and my best friend recently booked with her ! Thanks so much Jackie!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Maria · Married on 05/06/2011

I got married on May 6, 2011 and Jackie from GLOW Artistry did my make up and the makeup for the girls in my wedding. I couldn't have been happier. A few weeks before she came to my home for the trial run for myself and my mother. She was very professional and very nice. On the day of the wedding- she made me look beautiful and she had such a calming presence. She was very flexible and accomodating and her prices are great! I can't wait to have an excuse to hire her again to do my make up.
    Maria Dolan

Sent on 06/18/2011

Jen · Married on 04/29/2011

I am so lucky that I found Jackie, considering that I was coming all the way from California and we didn't have a chance to meet or do any trials prior to the big day but I wasn't nervous because she stayed in close touch over emails and I already felt like I knew her. She is so easy to work with and gave me the exact look I was going for! I received so many compliments on my makeup!! Jackie is an amazingly warm, confident, sweet girl and she made my wedding so smooth... Thanks so much for everything Jackie:)

Sent on 06/08/2011

Shannon · Married on 02/28/2011

Jackie's calm demeanor and smile made the makeup process so relaxing and stress-free. Her confidence and professionalism shines through as she gets right to work and knows exactly how to create a beautiful face! I liked how she explained to me the different eye shadow brushes to use when trying to create a certain look. I don't think I could ever do my own makeup like the way she does it! She is a great listener and knows just what to recommend! For example, when I told her that I planned to be dancing all night, she sprayed my face with this "all night" makeup spray. It worked so well that I bought some online when I got home!

Jen · Married on 02/20/2011

Jackie did my makeup when I was a bridesmaid. She did a fantastic job. I've been in many weddings, and honestly no one has ever done my makeup the way she did. If I could, I would hire her to do my makeup everyday. She's awesome!

Sent on 03/26/2011

Megan · Married on 02/20/2011

I highly recommend Glow Artistry for your big day! Jackie is an incredibly skilled makeup artist and a true consultant -- she works with your individual needs to make you look and feel your best. Whatever look you're aiming for -- dramatic, natural, glam, etc. -- Jackie will help you achieve it and keep you looking beautiful all wedding long!

mae · Married on 02/12/2011

AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME! I was very hesitant to let jackie do my make up for the first time without a trial when I was a maid of honor in Feb. But I am so glad I did cuz she did such a splendid job that I got compliments all night and even a month after! :) My make up lasted the entire day...even with the after party! I loved her work so much that now i'm doing make up lessons with her!!! She can pick the most perfect shade that compliments all your features and sooo helpful knowledgeable with what she does. Best of all she has such a sweet personality, calming attitude and so easy to work with. Now I can only trust Jackie to do my make up. Definitely highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 05/05/2011

Jen · Married on 01/04/2011

I was hesitant to letting someone else do my makeup on my wedding day - but after meeting Jackie it was a no brainer! She was professional and did an AMAZING job. She really knows the right amount of makeup needed for a long day, and that will photograph perfectly.

Do yourself a favor and book her for any special event you have!!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Niki · Married on 08/28/2010

Jackie did my makeup when I was a bridesmaid, and it was AMAZING!!! If you don't know what kind of makeup you want to do, she really can look at your face and tell you exactly what you need. I wish she could do my makeup all the time!

nicole · Married on 07/16/2010

Jackie was extremely helpful in planning the perfect wedding day makeup for me. She had many suggestions and explained everything she was using. Jackie was very flexible the day of my wedding and I did not feel rushed for time while she was doing my makeup.

Sent on 01/05/2011

H · Married on 07/17/2009

Glow Artistry not only made my day beautiful but also made my big day easy! I must say I looked gorgeous on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/05/2011

Erica · Married on 05/30/2009

Jackie really listened to what I wanted. I do not wear a lot of make up regulary and she made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process from the trial to the big day. She also did the make up for my 6 bridesmaids, she manage the time perfectly. II highly recommend Jackie there is no one else I would have wanted there on my wedding day.

Sent on 01/07/2011

katie · Married on 08/16/2014

Jackie did our makeup for my brother and sister-in-laws wedding and she did a fantastic job! Once I got engaged I didn't even bother to look around for makeup artists, I immediately contacted GLOW Artistry and booked them for my big day. As someone who doesn't normally wear makeup on a day to day basis it was important that m makeup wasn't too heavy or bold! Jackie listened to what I wanted and was able to make me stand out as a bride while staying true to the natural look! She was adaptable and flexible the morning of the wedding and made things go very smooth. I would recommend GLOW Artistry to anyone who wants a great experience and a beautiful face on their wedding day!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Cami · Married on 12/06/2013

Jackie was amazing from start to finish - including the entire pre-wedding day prep process. She came to my house on my schedule to do a trial so I could have a chance to share my thoughts about things I liked and things I wanted to change around. I even took close up pictures so I could give her additional feedback on the morning of my wedding. On the day of, everything went extremely smooth. She did makeup for me, my mom and 3 of my bridesmaids. My mom especially had a great experience - she doesn't normally wear a lot of makeup and was not happy at first. Jackie spent the time to talk to her about what she didn't like and what she wanted to change and worked longer to get it just right so that my mom felt comfortable and beautiful. My makeup and lashes lasted ALL DAY - photos that were taken at 11:00 at night still looked like I had fresh makeup on. Some of the other vendor choices I had (mainly at salons) were a little cheaper, but I am SO happy I chose Jackie. She worked with us in every way and the final product was just stunning! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/22/2012

Jackie is an amazing makeup artist, she was recommended to me by two girls who used her for their weddings..after doing my research I contacted her and we booked a trial (Which is well worth it ladies!) and I was extremely pleased with my makeup-it made me that much more excited for the Big day!! Professionally done makeup makes all the difference and photographs beautifully, Jackie did an amazing job and I still receive compliments to this day about how perfect my makeup was (my mom's and bridesmaids' looked just as great!!)
    Her prices are competitive and you can't beat her taste level, expertise, and professionalism...great personality to boot! I've recommended Jackie to other girls for their weddings and will definitely use her services in the future :)

Sent on 05/25/2013

Sonya · Married on 09/04/2011

Glow Artistry is a business I would highly recommend. I was very happy with the service I received. My family and friends thought I looked great and those who had their make-up done felt the same as well. Jackie does a great job of providing just enough coverage to make a girl look like her self, maybe just a slightly better version! She is also sensitive to keeping a schedule and is very organized. Her prices are very competitive too.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Krista · Married on 05/31/2013

I really enjoyed working with Jackie for the makeup for my wedding party a few days ago. Her work was high quality and lasted through a grueling 18 hour day of 90 degree weather! She provided the makeup for myself as the bride and seven other people, including both mothers of the bride and groom, and everyone was pleased with the final result of their makeup. I really appreciate Jackie being flexible and moving from room-to-room with all of our bridal suite changes and the time crunch. She made our wedding day experience memorable, and of course, we all got tons of compliments on our makeup. I can't wait to see pictures so that we can all gush over how great we looked thanks to Jackie's flawless work.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2011

Jackie made everything so easy and was very professional. She listened to what I wanted and did a great job executing! I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Janice · Married on 10/01/2016

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

Had a commitment for my daughters wedding in October. Made this in January and asked to make a deposit no response ( not the first time for no response ). Should have been a clue. Tried to schedule for a make up trail. And was told the date he been filled. Really crappy so now 4 months away from wedding and I have to start over.
    Please consider this when making appointment. Very upset.

Sent on 06/14/2016

GLOW Artistry - On Location Makeup Artistry's reply:

Janice, I'm sorry you feel this way.

I looked back through all of our correspondences today. We actually had a trial booked on February 20th at 3pm that Janice cancelled on Feb 18th. The last email I received from Janice was on Feb 18th stating that she "will try and get another date from her when she will be in town." I did not hear from Janice for four (4) months, leading me to believe that she booked elsewhere. A contract or business agreement securing the wedding date was never discussed, requested, issued or entered into by either party.

GLOW Artistry prides itself on reliability and professionalism. In twelve years of artistry, we have never once cancelled on a scheduled bride, client, or event of any sort. We wish Janice and her daughter the best of luck on a wonderful wedding day and a happy and healthy marriage.