Gloss & Glow Beauty Co. Reviews

85 | Santa Rosa Beach, FL

85 Reviews for Gloss & Glow Beauty Co.

• tara

tara · Married on 10/17/2009

Morgan is absolutely amazing at what she does! I would highly recommend her and her crew!

Amazing work! And Morgan was so amazing. She listened to exactly what we wanted. Would deff recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Susannah · Married on 05/17/2014

Morgan did an amazing job on the make-up for me and 3 of my bridesmaids. Her work is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 06/06/2014
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Shelton · Married on 08/03/2019

Ah-mazing!

I can’t say enough good things about Morgan’s artistic abilities, nor her fun and loving spirit. I have had the unique privilege of working with Morgan as an artist and client, and was better off for it in both cases. As an artist, she didn’t just try to mimic the photos I pulled up on my phone, but also wisely asked what I liked and what I didn’t like, and what I’d do differently. She’s known me for a while but didn’t assume, and was as always, very flexible with my back and forth (‘cause let’s be honest, even if you’ve worked in makeup for a while, you always get the jitters picking a look!). She also doesn’t take herself so seriously that she can’t enjoy the company she’s in while working, and is always very friendly to not only the bride but also anyone she comes in contact with. She does her job exceptionally well but brings her own personality too, and that’s part of the experience. My bridesmaids loved her and her work so much, and my mother-in-love almost cried because she felt so pretty. Not to mention, my makeup lasted through a hot August wedding in Louisiana, y’all.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Cammi · Married on 12/31/2016

Morgan was incredible and is so talented! She highly recommends doing a practice run, and I am really glad I did. We had a miscommunication and she thought I was coming to her to do the practice run, but she realized it and immediately called me and rushed over to the house I stayed at in WaterColor, and seamlessly did my trial run. It was great because I was able to tell her the (very few) things I wanted different for the wedding day. Morgan arrived on time and ready to go on the wedding day with her sweet assistant. One thing that I loved about Morgan was she was such a calming presence in our getting ready room. It really helped keep the day relaxed and fun! She did an amazing job on my mom, sister, and I's makeup. It makes a huge difference in pictures. She was able to bring out our best facial qualities while still making us look like ourselves. I'd highly recommend booking Morgan!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Shanna · Married on 05/05/2018

I worked with Morgan King Makeup and specifically Alyssa for my wedding makeup and would highly recommend them! They did makeup for me, as well as 4 other members of my wedding party and we were all SO happy with how our makeup turned out (and we are a picky group). Alyssa and Morgan were both responsive and easy to work with. Alyssa brought a laid-back energy to our wedding prep, was easygoing and stayed on schedule. Most importantly, Alyssa really listened to feedback and when i asked for changes to be made after my trial she paid attention and incorporated them on my wedding day. I was thrilled with their work and would definitely recommend them to other brides!

Sent on 06/02/2018

nicole · Married on 05/06/2017

Alyssa ended up doing my makeup and some of my wedding party. She did a fantastic job with all of us. I particularly liked the way she did my makeup because I felt like she made me look amazing but a better version of me - I didn't feel like I looked weird or different than normal...just better :P Alyssa is also a nice calm presence to have while you get ready and is fun to talk to. I felt very comfortable around her, and was able to ask her to tweak a couple of things and she did that perfectly. Also, my makeup lasted great! From what I can tell, MKM is one of the best makeup options in the area and I was very happy with Alyssa's work.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Debbie · Married on 11/11/2017

1.5
      2.0
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

Unfortunately we had a bad experience. Our makeup artist arrived late and was rushed. I ended up washing my face at the wedding and redoing my makeup with what I had in my purse. Very dissatisfied.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Joanna Ezell · Married on 11/02/2019

Unprofessional

Fair warning, my sister had a destination wedding in Florida, and Morgan cancelled last minute THE MORNING OF her wedding. She text my sister at 7:00 when her arrival time was 7:30 saying she couldn’t make it. She luckily did refund her money in full, but she didn’t have a replacement to send. She just sent my sister contacts instead. I would NEVER recommend her for anyone’s wedding. She completely ruined the morning of my sister’s wedding. The most unprofessional experience I’ve ever had.

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/02/2019

Canceled ON my wedding day 30 minutes before start time

I would NEVER recommend this person for any bride or client. She canceled LAST MINUTE on the morning of my wedding. After doing research, looks like she double booked herself and chose to cancel on me (by lying and saying she was “sick”) and do another wedding instead. She sent no replacement, no backup - NOTHING - just a TEXT at 7:00 when her call time was 7:30. We are not from the area and didn’t know anyone either. Luckily the only thing Morgan did right was refund me in full as we had to pay last minute for someone else to come. The last thing myself OR ANY BRIDE needs to deal with on the morning of a wedding is a “professional” cancelling last minute and not having the respect to be honest or at least handle the situation by providing a replacement. The most unprofessional experience I’ve ever been a part of.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Joanna Ezell · Married on 04/13/2019

Unprofessional

Writing this again as my first review didn’t post. I would NEVER recommend this person for any bride or client. She canceled LAST MINUTE on the morning of my sister’s wedding. After doing research, looks like she double booked herself and chose to cancel on my sister (by lying and saying she was “sick”) and do another wedding instead. She sent no replacement, no backup - NOTHING - just a TEXT at 7:00 when her call time was 7:30. We are not from the area and didn’t know anyone either. Luckily the only thing Morgan did right was refund my sister in full as we had to pay last minute for someone else to come. The last thing my sister OR ANY BRIDE needs to deal with on the morning of her wedding is a “professional” cancelling last minute and not having the respect to be honest or at least handle the situation by providing a replacement. The most unprofessional experience I’ve ever been a part of.

Sent on 11/03/2019