Glorious Desserts Reviews

32 | Des Moines, IA

32 Reviews for Glorious Desserts

Kelly · Married on 11/24/2018

Best cakes ever!

The cakes were delicious. We had the almond and the chocolate chip cakes for our wedding. We had many guests comment on how excellent they were. Wonderful cake!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Glorious Desserts's reply:

Kelly, You were a fabulous bride to work with and you chose a lovely cake. Best of luck on your journey into married life!!

sheryl · Married on 05/19/2018

I had two sheet cakes made for a special occasion and it was ready exactly when I needed to pick it up, it was so delicious, moist and full of flavor. My favorite has always been her Almond flavor, but I chose Lemon this time due to the occasion (my 2nd favorite flavor she makes) and my guests raved about the flavor, so fresh and light! I feel she makes each cake as if it were for her own special event. Always fresh! Always beautiful! Always delicious!!!!! Kudos!!!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Brittany · Married on 11/07/2015

Best tasting wedding cake I've ever had! If you're having cake, definitely go with Glorious. Not only is their cake delicious, but they deliver on time, everything looks perfect, and it's a no fuss situation. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Erica · Married on 07/18/2015

We are still a few months out from our wedding, but I had to post a review that Gloria was so easy to work with to choose our wedding cake. She had me print out pictures of ones I liked, but ultimately we picked one that was more suited to our venue than the ones I had chosen, and I couldn't be happier. And the samples were to die for! Will update once we get the final product!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/18/2015

Gloria makes the best wedding cake I have ever tasted in my life. Not only is her cake delicious, but she knows exactly what she is doing and gives practical advice to couples during the tasting and planning process. I came to our initial meeting with several ideas and she was able to talk us through the pros and cons of different cake options (buttercream vs. fondant, for example) leaving us feeling comfortable with both our choices and budget. We received so many compliments on her cake during our wedding and the design looked incredible in person and in our pictures.

Sent on 08/22/2015

Gloria did a wonderful job on our wedding cake. All of her cake flavors tasted amazing. We continue to hear from our guests on how amazing our different cakes were. In our consultation she listened to our wants, budget and design style and produced everything we wanted. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Allison · Married on 05/02/2015

Gloria and her staff are awesome to work with! They are responsive and answered all of my questions. Plus, her cake simply can't be beat--my fiance wouldn't even hear of looking at other bakeries!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Kathy · Married on 11/15/2014

We have had Gloria's cakes before, so there was no doubt who we would choose to make our daughter's wedding cake. Gloria's cakes are wonderful and the decorating is exquisite!!! Everyone at the wedding raved about it!! Katie loved working with Gloria!! Great experience!!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Gloria far exceeded my expectations! Our cake was BEAUTIFUL and delicious. Our guests were raving about the cake all night!

Sent on 10/12/2014

This was the best cake I've every had. We got the lemon, strawberry, and white cake and we had very little left over. I am a gluten-free bride, so we also ordered a gluten-free strawberry cake and it was so moist and people were accidently eating who weren't gluten-free and they had no idea. People were going up for thirds so they could try every flavor. It was also beautifully decorated with butter cream frosting.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Sheila · Married on 10/26/2013

Gloria made the cake for my daughters wedding - we did three flavors - almond/marble/chocolate. It was beautiful and delicious! We received compliment after compliment. It is the best cake that I have ever had. Gloria was easy to work with and offered good suggestions. When the next wedding in my family happens ... it will be Gloria with the cake!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Cindi · Married on 03/30/2013

The best cake in the whole world! It was so good that I lived off of it for days after the wedding and people were talking about it weeks later. On top of that it was beautiful. So much attention and detail was put into it. It was GORGEOUS!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Emily · Married on 10/09/2010

We worked with Becca from start to finish and she was great. We went to do a tasting and pick out our cake and she made it so easy to make our decisions. The hardest part was picking the flavors because they are all so good. We were told by my mom and all of her friends that we must get the famous almond cake. We thought that they were crazy, come to find out they were not. We choose almond, lemon and marble, and we had about 6 pieces of cake left at the end of the night. We found out that our guests were taking multiple pieces because it was so good. Thank you so much and I totally recommmend them.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Lindsay · Married on 06/26/2010

The owner, Gloria, was wonderful to work with! She made the cake exactly the way we wanted it, and it is so good!! I got a lot of compliments on how amazing and rich the cake tasted, as well as how beautiful it was! We really didn't want the traditional white cake, and Glorious Desserts made us a really bright, colorful cake! Everything was worth the price, and I would use their services again and again - amazing!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Megan · Married on 05/30/2009

Thanks!

Sent on 06/16/2009

Lindsey · Married on 04/25/2009

The is the best cake in the world! Not kidding. I had the best compliment about how wonderful the cake was. Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted amazing. I have tried other cake vendors and this beats them out by far. Gloria made it wonderul and we could not be happier. I will never forget it.

Sent on 04/26/2009

Lucio · Married on 01/20/2009

Gloria was such a enjoyable person to work with.I had her make a buttermilk cake for our wedding.It was was designed and decorated too perfection.It looked fabulous once it was set up.Highly recommend Glorious Desserts!

Sent on 10/17/2009

Allison · Married on 11/29/2008

Everyone commented on the delicious almond cake. We are still enjoying leftovers months later and it is amazing. Glorious did a wonderful job!!

Sent on 01/04/2009

Melissa · Married on 08/03/2008

Okay, so Gloria didn't actually make my cake, but I loved working with her on it. We had contracted with Gloria to provide our wedding cake, and we were so excited about the cake she was going to make for us. We had our tasting and it was awesome (that should read: AWESOME!!!!!!!) I loved Gloria's professional attitude, her no nonsense approach and her absolute willingness to tell it like it is. Like when my husband asked for something and she pretty much told him straight out that it would look ridiculous. And it would have. Unfortunately, our wedding was rescheduled and Gloria was booked solid for the new date, so I ended up making the cake myself, and trust me, it was no where near as awesome as Gloria's. She rocks and I can't wait to use her for my kids birthday cakes this year! the $70 I spent was on the deposit, fyi

Sent on 08/12/2008

Erica · Married on 06/02/2007

What a huge, wonderful, amazingly tasty wedding cake we had! All the guests loved the almond flavor, even the picky ones. It looked magnificent, too!

Sent on 01/27/2009

Cindy · Married on 11/25/2006

Gloria did our wedding cake a year ago. Great great great!! It was beautiful and exceeded my expectations in appearance and taste. She was easy to communicate with and really understood the feel for our wedding. We have since ordered birthday and baby shower cakes from her and have been totally satisfied. She is quick witted and honest and tells it like it is and I appreciate that with every order I place because I am never disappointed.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Jenny · Married on 06/02/2007

Gloria made the cake for our June wedding, and it was wonderful! We went with two flavors - almond and strawberry - with buttercream frosting. The cake was so delicious. Many people said it was the best cake they had ever tasted. It was also beautifully done. I found Gloria very responsive (we mainly corresponded by e-mail) and very easy to work with.

Sent on 01/19/2008

Jayne · Married on 09/03/2011

Wonderful cake but I felt a bit rushed at the cake tasting. Otherwise I would highly recommend this vendor. Her almond cake is outstanding.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Glorious Desserts's reply:

I allow one hour for each cake consultation which is typically ample time to sample the cake, design and discuss options and pricing. I do have appointments back to back on Saturdays so if you arrive late then you do compromise the time allotted for your consultation. I am unsure of this situation but I would say I meet with hundreds of brides in a year and this is the only time someone has brought this to my attention. That said, I do now let people know I am not rushing them but while they are eating cake I do go over the flavors and other options. It has worked well for 14 years...
  • F

Jude · Married on 06/25/2011

Gloria made our dream wedding cake! It was exactly what we wanted and exactly as we had pictured! It was the center of attention in our ballroom upon our guests arrival and we had numerous compliments. The cake was delicious and we highly recommend this company!

Sent on 07/16/2011

Laura · Married on 11/03/2007

Gloria's cakes are amazing! As a true foodie, her cakes taste the best and she has the skills to be flexible for whatever kind of cake you want. We had a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and it turned out really well. Guests were sneaking seconds because it tasted so good!

Sent on 12/05/2007