Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

202 | Alexandria, VA

202 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

I can't say enough great things about this shop! This was the fifth bridal salon I went to, and it should have been the first.

Everyone that works there is SO happy, friendly, and enthusiastic about weddings. It's clear they all totally love their jobs. Marie was my consultant and she was amazing! I told her about my wedding style and what I was looking for, and she pulled a couple of dresses that were all different, but each was perfect. As I tried them on, she was grabbing headpieces and sashes to show me how each dress could be customized if I wished, which was super helpful. I was there on a weekday and so I took well over an hour with them and didn't feel rushed for one minute. Actually, I was the only bride in the store for a while, and so all the ladies were focused on my dresses and were just so complimentary and full of fun ideas that it made the whole appointment feel like a party! This was especially nice since I was shopping by myself that day. Marie suggested I go home and think about the dresses for a while, and wrote down the styles so I could look them up on the internet (no pictures, like most salons). There was no pressure at all to buy, which was really nice.

Even though I went to another salon after this, I was still thinking about the very first dress Marie had pulled for me, so I brought a friend back the next weekend. She agreed that it was absolutely gorgeous, and Marie could tell from my face that it was the one. When I confirmed that I was "saying yes to the dress", they rang a bell and made a big fuss - it was just such a cute scene. (And at this point, they let my friend take about a million pictures to show my mom and MIL.) I also worked with Serki, the owner, who was equally lovely (and funny). I loved my experience there and can't wait for the dress!

Sent on 07/03/2014
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 10/04/2014

This place is AMAZING. I went to a lot of dress shops and they either made me feel like I had to spend way above my budget to be accepted, or there were hundreds of brides being fitted at the same time. Stefanie at Global Bridal answered all of my prayers. She is the friendliest, happiest, and trendiest girl ever. I trusted her opinion as not only was she around my age, but she made me feel super comfortable and welcome the minute I stepped in the door. She made me feel like a Bride who was important and didn't stop until she found me my dream dress - a drop-dead gorgeous Robert Bullock Galina gown. I could wear it every day for the rest of my life. I know it was my wedding, but I was blown away at all of the compliments I received including, "I have been to a million weddings and your dress blows all the others away". I can't wait to go back and show them the pictures once I receive the professional album.
    Another special shout-out to Marie who helped my bridesmaids try on many, many dresses until we found the long, navy stunner we were looking for. She is hilarious and amazing as well and got all of our dresses delivered well ahead of time so that there was plenty of time for tailoring.
    Needless to say I love this place and have sent 2 other Brides there who have now purchased their gowns at Global Bridal as well. You should make this your first and last stop in searching for your gown! LOVE THEM!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Global Bridal was my third of five stops on my day of dress shopping with my mom - it ended up being our last stop! Serki is amazing. I told her what I was looking for and though she grabbed a number of dresses that looked great, I bought the first one I tried on. The dress also happened to be the last of its kind and thus deeply discounted. Rather than trying to upsell my purchase, Serki made me feel as though this dress was waiting there for me and me alone! She also had amazing ideas of how I could incorporate lace from my grandmother's wedding dress into my dress. The atmosphere at Global Bridal is inviting and not at all intimidating or pretentious. I would recommend Serki and her staff to anyone looking to feel like a bride and not just a sale! I am looking forward to going back in a few months for fittings!

Sent on 10/21/2013

We chose this bridal boutique only because I spotted a dress that I had seen online in the window, but I'm really glad that we ended up here! I only tried on dresses at a handful of places, but I definitely had the best experience at Global Bridal. The ladies at this bridal boutique (especially Marie, who is wonderful) know what they're doing, have great personalities, and have a great selection.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jenna · Married on 09/13/2014

I went to Global Bridal for a reception dress (I had already bought my main ceremony dress). They were so phenomenal to work with. I was initially looking at a tea length wedding dress that they had to use as my party dress, but when I told them what I was looking for they suggested that I buy a bridesmaid dress in the same style in white instead so I could save money on the reception dress. I was so pleased with their suggestions and customer service that I ended up bringing all of my bridesmaids back here for their dresses. I wish I had bought my ceremony dress here too! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Ashton · Married on 09/12/2014

Global Bridal Gallery was an incredible find during the wedding planning process. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and made you feel like you were their only bride. Which, after my experience at David's Bridal was much needed. They have a wide selection of dresses at a reasonable price and the staff is highly knowledgeable and super friendly.

I absolutely adored my dress (made by their in-house designer). In addition to their dress shop, their seamstresses are wonderful. It was great experience with a small business and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a dress.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/31/2014

I really appreciated the customer service I received at Global Bridal Gallery. I was assisted by Marie and had been to approximately seven other bridal salons before trying Global Bridal Gallery. I called on a Thursday to make an appointment and I was able to get in the next day. Marie listened to what I was looking for and immediately pulled two dresses I loved. They were exactly what I was looking for and had not been able to find anywhere else. Even better, both dresses were priced within my $1k budget. It is also worth mentioning that I was not pressured to increase my budget at GBG like I had been at other stores. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and I would recommend this vendor to any bride.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

Loved Global Bridal Galley and Marie! I chose this salon because they carried the specific designer that I loved. Upon request, they were able to order my dream dress so I could try it on. From the first moment the dress went on, I knew it was perfect. From the first fitting to the last - I had a wonderful experience with Global Bridal Gallery. Thank you!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Catherine · Married on 08/22/2014

From the moment that I walked in and asked for a slightly unusual dress (tea length), they were kind, generous with time, and helped me to choose the dress was perfect for me. It was the first that they pulled for me, and I never looked back. They were also great with making the arrangements for dresses shipped across the country, and helped make my bridal party look fantastic. I just dropped the dress off to be preserved; I would recommend them above all other places that I contacted in the DC area for value and a personal touch.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Messellech · Married on 08/16/2014

There is only one place to go if you're looking for a wedding dress - GLOBAL BRIDAL! Sirkey, Stefanie and Marie were absolutely wonderful. I didn't know what kind of wedding dress I initially wanted and Stefanie was very patient and suggested 2-3 she thought would fit best and I ended up picking her first selection. From the moment I walked in I felt like I was playing dress up with family -- they were warm and never pressured me to purchase anything. They also made recommendations on alterations so I didn't end up paying a lot.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Gretchen · Married on 08/15/2014

I purchased my wedding dress at Global Bridal after my sister found her beautiful dress at their store. The staff is so nice and welcoming. They listened to exactly what I wanted and pulled dresses that I loved! In fact the first two dresses that I tried on were my favorites and I ended up choosing of them for my wedding. I was really worried that finding a dress would be a long and exhausting process but I found my dress in just one day. They were SO much nicer than any of the other stores I went into and their prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for their wedding dress!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/02/2014

Staff was great! Picked the first dress I ever tried on and fell in love with it :)

Sent on 08/26/2014

Randi · Married on 07/31/2014

The staff here is phenomenal. My mom and I made a trip to VA to go dress shopping and our first appointment was with Global Bridal. I had been to other dress shops prior and hadn't found anything I loved. The staff here is truly not as concerned with a sale as they are your happiness. I had a budget of $5k, and they pulled dresses across the map that fit the mood I was going for... When I put on "the one" my jaw about hit the floor when they said it was only $1500. The first (and only) shop that didn't pull only dresses at the absolute top of my price range. When I got cold feet and decided to still hit my other appointments that day, they gave me a hug and told me to find my dress! I ended up calling them at almost closing time asking to come back to try the dress I had loved on again... The entire staff stayed late to let me try on the dress and they were not the least bit pushy about buying, though I did! When I came back to pick it up, they remembered my mom and I and helped my mom talk me into a veil, which they shipped to my home for me. I cannot say enough good things about Global Bridal!

Sent on 08/17/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/26/2014

I was so happy with Global Bridal Gallery, it is a small boutique feel with lots of options. I went after having tried on dresses at three other places and had an idea of what I wanted. They pulled options that fit my description perfectly and I ended up finding the one. Every time I went in they greeted me warmly and made me feel special. All the ladies that work there are so lovely and caring. I would highly recommend this shop to every bride.

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Ver

Vera · Married on 06/29/2014

Great experience! Very friendly environment! Very helpful staff! Mrs. Serki is amazing. I am thankful to all the ladies at Global Bridal. A special thank you to Stephanie and Mrs. Ramia the taylor.
    Veronica

Sent on 05/13/2014

Sandra · Married on 06/21/2014

I purchased 2 wedding gowns for my wedding through Global and I couldn't have asked for more. My dresses were perfect, thank you!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2014

Sirqy and Ramya we're both so wonderful to work with. I knew exactly what dress I wanted and they both gave me the greatest experience from the minute I walked in the door. I will miss going here for my fittings because you are welcomed with hugs and smiles. You will not be disappointed if you get your dress from the Global Bridal Gallery :)

Sent on 06/27/2014

Kourtnie · Married on 06/06/2014

My dress was a Mori Lee dress. I search for this dress high and low. Finally found that Global Bridal was getting it in. They were so helpful. They called and kept me posted on the arrival. When it came in, I drove from out of town and the experience was wonderful. The team is like family now. They made you feel special and I also was able to get my alterations don't there.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Sherice · Married on 05/25/2014

Oh my dress was ABSOLUTELY beautiful! These ladies treated me like I was the only bride customer in their shop. It made me feel VERY special. They worked with me on the pricing, fitting, appointments, choosing the dresses for my girls. Their selections were stunning. It was hard to choose, BUT they made me happy and that's all that mattered. If you're a bride looking for an amazing dress, you need to go to this place. Global Bridal Gallery, is da bomb!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Tara · Married on 05/24/2014

Loved Global Bridal! My dress was beautiful and I bought it at a reasonable price. Alterations were also great!

Sent on 06/21/2014

This is a wonderful place and they have the most supportive and friendly team! I went to several boutiques before arriving at global bridal gallery and it was a relief to have gowns selected that fit what I was looking for - simple and elegant. Stephanie and the team also went the extra mile in picking out the perfect sash color and making it on site. I highly recommend GBL.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Ally · Married on 05/23/2014

Fabulous dress, fabulous service! Prices are fair. Thanks Serki & Marie!

Sent on 06/10/2014

The day I tried on my dress last summer, crazy thunderstorms made it impossible to stay outside without being drenched. We were in between dress appointments but needed somewhere to go and Global Bridal was right there, so we decided to give it a try. It ended up being the perfect moment of fate because I found my dream dress. Serki (who is amazing) chose it immediately and knew it would look good--she was so right. My dress is still hanging in our apartment after our wedding because it is so beautiful--I am not ready to stop looking at it! Thank you Global for making me feel so welcome and cared for this past year. My dress was the highlight of my day and I have you to thank. Brides should go here to receive great service and gorgeous dresses.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 05/16/2014

Stop your search and go to Global Bridal now - and ask for Marie! she's moves fast, but is awesome and not pushy! I got the perfect dress, which was nothing that I thought I wanted, but could not have been more perfect for my body, style, and wedding! I had been to about 5 stores and was 'settling' between 2 dresses when we decided to try just one more. This shop looks small when you walk in, especially compared to other bridal stores, but Marie took one look at me and picked out what turned out to be my dream dress! I knew right away it was 'the one'. It was poofy and chiffon, but somewhat simple, so she helped pick out the perfect rhinestone beaded belt for it - totally made the dress. My dress was MoriLee- I'm not sure all the brands they carry, because it is small and I only tried on a few, but I didn't care about brands, just how it looked. This dress looked so much pricier than what we paid - they even gave us $100 off. It was ready sooner than they thought (about 2 months). We ended up getting alterations elsewhere so I can't comment on that but it seemed pricier than we paid at a separate bridal tailor. To give you an idea of how good Marie is at her job, my very stylish friend told me "until your wedding, my favorite dress was my own, but it's not anymore" - you have to know her to understand the weight of that compliment, but it's pretty huge!

Sent on 06/04/2014

I visited several bridal shops when wedding dress shopping. The ladies at Global Bridal were the most helpful and caring staff I came in contact with. I was looking for a lace dress and their selection was the best I had seen. I bought a dress that I had tried at a previous store, but the price at Global Bridal was several hundred less. I was in the store a couple times to try dresses and several times for fittings and to look at accessories. The staff always remembered me and was always so friendly. They made me feel very special. The alterations turned out great too and my dress couldn't have looked better!

Sent on 05/02/2014