Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

197 | Alexandria, VA

197 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery

Ashton · Married on 09/12/2014

Global Bridal Gallery was an incredible find during the wedding planning process. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and made you feel like you were their only bride. Which, after my experience at David's Bridal was much needed. They have a wide selection of dresses at a reasonable price and the staff is highly knowledgeable and super friendly.

I absolutely adored my dress (made by their in-house designer). In addition to their dress shop, their seamstresses are wonderful. It was great experience with a small business and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a dress.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/31/2014

I really appreciated the customer service I received at Global Bridal Gallery. I was assisted by Marie and had been to approximately seven other bridal salons before trying Global Bridal Gallery. I called on a Thursday to make an appointment and I was able to get in the next day. Marie listened to what I was looking for and immediately pulled two dresses I loved. They were exactly what I was looking for and had not been able to find anywhere else. Even better, both dresses were priced within my $1k budget. It is also worth mentioning that I was not pressured to increase my budget at GBG like I had been at other stores. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and I would recommend this vendor to any bride.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

Loved Global Bridal Galley and Marie! I chose this salon because they carried the specific designer that I loved. Upon request, they were able to order my dream dress so I could try it on. From the first moment the dress went on, I knew it was perfect. From the first fitting to the last - I had a wonderful experience with Global Bridal Gallery. Thank you!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Catherine · Married on 08/22/2014

From the moment that I walked in and asked for a slightly unusual dress (tea length), they were kind, generous with time, and helped me to choose the dress was perfect for me. It was the first that they pulled for me, and I never looked back. They were also great with making the arrangements for dresses shipped across the country, and helped make my bridal party look fantastic. I just dropped the dress off to be preserved; I would recommend them above all other places that I contacted in the DC area for value and a personal touch.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Messellech · Married on 08/16/2014

There is only one place to go if you're looking for a wedding dress - GLOBAL BRIDAL! Sirkey, Stefanie and Marie were absolutely wonderful. I didn't know what kind of wedding dress I initially wanted and Stefanie was very patient and suggested 2-3 she thought would fit best and I ended up picking her first selection. From the moment I walked in I felt like I was playing dress up with family -- they were warm and never pressured me to purchase anything. They also made recommendations on alterations so I didn't end up paying a lot.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Gretchen · Married on 08/15/2014

I purchased my wedding dress at Global Bridal after my sister found her beautiful dress at their store. The staff is so nice and welcoming. They listened to exactly what I wanted and pulled dresses that I loved! In fact the first two dresses that I tried on were my favorites and I ended up choosing of them for my wedding. I was really worried that finding a dress would be a long and exhausting process but I found my dress in just one day. They were SO much nicer than any of the other stores I went into and their prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for their wedding dress!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/02/2014

Staff was great! Picked the first dress I ever tried on and fell in love with it :)

Sent on 08/26/2014

Randi · Married on 07/31/2014

The staff here is phenomenal. My mom and I made a trip to VA to go dress shopping and our first appointment was with Global Bridal. I had been to other dress shops prior and hadn't found anything I loved. The staff here is truly not as concerned with a sale as they are your happiness. I had a budget of $5k, and they pulled dresses across the map that fit the mood I was going for... When I put on "the one" my jaw about hit the floor when they said it was only $1500. The first (and only) shop that didn't pull only dresses at the absolute top of my price range. When I got cold feet and decided to still hit my other appointments that day, they gave me a hug and told me to find my dress! I ended up calling them at almost closing time asking to come back to try the dress I had loved on again... The entire staff stayed late to let me try on the dress and they were not the least bit pushy about buying, though I did! When I came back to pick it up, they remembered my mom and I and helped my mom talk me into a veil, which they shipped to my home for me. I cannot say enough good things about Global Bridal!

Sent on 08/17/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/26/2014

I was so happy with Global Bridal Gallery, it is a small boutique feel with lots of options. I went after having tried on dresses at three other places and had an idea of what I wanted. They pulled options that fit my description perfectly and I ended up finding the one. Every time I went in they greeted me warmly and made me feel special. All the ladies that work there are so lovely and caring. I would highly recommend this shop to every bride.

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Ver

VERA · Married on 06/29/2014

Great experience! Very friendly environment! Very helpful staff! Mrs. Serki is amazing. I am thankful to all the ladies at Global Bridal. A special thank you to Stephanie and Mrs. Ramia the taylor.
    Veronica

Sent on 05/13/2014

sandra · Married on 06/21/2014

I purchased 2 wedding gowns for my wedding through Global and I couldn't have asked for more. My dresses were perfect, thank you!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2014

Sirqy and Ramya we're both so wonderful to work with. I knew exactly what dress I wanted and they both gave me the greatest experience from the minute I walked in the door. I will miss going here for my fittings because you are welcomed with hugs and smiles. You will not be disappointed if you get your dress from the Global Bridal Gallery :)

Sent on 06/27/2014

Kourtnie · Married on 06/06/2014

My dress was a Mori Lee dress. I search for this dress high and low. Finally found that Global Bridal was getting it in. They were so helpful. They called and kept me posted on the arrival. When it came in, I drove from out of town and the experience was wonderful. The team is like family now. They made you feel special and I also was able to get my alterations don't there.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Sherice · Married on 05/25/2014

Oh my dress was ABSOLUTELY beautiful! These ladies treated me like I was the only bride customer in their shop. It made me feel VERY special. They worked with me on the pricing, fitting, appointments, choosing the dresses for my girls. Their selections were stunning. It was hard to choose, BUT they made me happy and that's all that mattered. If you're a bride looking for an amazing dress, you need to go to this place. Global Bridal Gallery, is da bomb!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Tara · Married on 05/24/2014

Loved Global Bridal! My dress was beautiful and I bought it at a reasonable price. Alterations were also great!

Sent on 06/21/2014

This is a wonderful place and they have the most supportive and friendly team! I went to several boutiques before arriving at global bridal gallery and it was a relief to have gowns selected that fit what I was looking for - simple and elegant. Stephanie and the team also went the extra mile in picking out the perfect sash color and making it on site. I highly recommend GBL.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Ally · Married on 05/23/2014

Fabulous dress, fabulous service! Prices are fair. Thanks Serki & Marie!

Sent on 06/10/2014

The day I tried on my dress last summer, crazy thunderstorms made it impossible to stay outside without being drenched. We were in between dress appointments but needed somewhere to go and Global Bridal was right there, so we decided to give it a try. It ended up being the perfect moment of fate because I found my dream dress. Serki (who is amazing) chose it immediately and knew it would look good--she was so right. My dress is still hanging in our apartment after our wedding because it is so beautiful--I am not ready to stop looking at it! Thank you Global for making me feel so welcome and cared for this past year. My dress was the highlight of my day and I have you to thank. Brides should go here to receive great service and gorgeous dresses.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 05/16/2014

Stop your search and go to Global Bridal now - and ask for Marie! she's moves fast, but is awesome and not pushy! I got the perfect dress, which was nothing that I thought I wanted, but could not have been more perfect for my body, style, and wedding! I had been to about 5 stores and was 'settling' between 2 dresses when we decided to try just one more. This shop looks small when you walk in, especially compared to other bridal stores, but Marie took one look at me and picked out what turned out to be my dream dress! I knew right away it was 'the one'. It was poofy and chiffon, but somewhat simple, so she helped pick out the perfect rhinestone beaded belt for it - totally made the dress. My dress was MoriLee- I'm not sure all the brands they carry, because it is small and I only tried on a few, but I didn't care about brands, just how it looked. This dress looked so much pricier than what we paid - they even gave us $100 off. It was ready sooner than they thought (about 2 months). We ended up getting alterations elsewhere so I can't comment on that but it seemed pricier than we paid at a separate bridal tailor. To give you an idea of how good Marie is at her job, my very stylish friend told me "until your wedding, my favorite dress was my own, but it's not anymore" - you have to know her to understand the weight of that compliment, but it's pretty huge!

Sent on 06/04/2014

I visited several bridal shops when wedding dress shopping. The ladies at Global Bridal were the most helpful and caring staff I came in contact with. I was looking for a lace dress and their selection was the best I had seen. I bought a dress that I had tried at a previous store, but the price at Global Bridal was several hundred less. I was in the store a couple times to try dresses and several times for fittings and to look at accessories. The staff always remembered me and was always so friendly. They made me feel very special. The alterations turned out great too and my dress couldn't have looked better!

Sent on 05/02/2014

Keely · Married on 03/29/2014

I bought my wedding dress and veil from Global Bridal Gallery. All of the ladies there were so helpful and fun to work with! They really showed that they cared about me, my dress, and the wedding!

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • Jagruti & Jared

Jagruti · Married on 03/22/2014

I went to plenty of other stores, none came close. The first time I visited I knew I had found the right place. This small quaint boutique makes you feel like your own private fitting studio and they keep their appointments small and private, with plenty of seating for you and guest. I worked with Marie and hands down she’s the absolute best and such a genuinely sweet person, one of the main reasons, I fell in love with this place!! I didn’t really know what I wanted and Marie still found me the perfect dress! The entire process of picking the dress and purchasing the dress was wonderful and enjoyable. Then the alternations came, which sadly were an absolute nightmare. The alternations person, Ramya was nice but at the same time very pushy, opinionated and didn’t let you get a word in edge wise. (She only works Thurs, Sat and Sunday.) I went for a total of 5 alternation appointments, and at the 2nd appointment where I tried on the dress for the 1st time after she did the 1st round of alternations, I was so nervous and rightfully so, the dress was a complete F!!!! She made it 2 inches shorter than what I wanted and then blamed me saying I changed my shoes, therefore, making the length shorter, which wasn’t true at all. Then she tried to tell us, it was better this way, since I would be dancing in the dress and having it shorter would be the best option. She also tried to tell me not to wear stilettos and instead wear wedges, since the bottom of my dress was chiffon and less chances of it getting caught in my dress. Hmm I don’t think so! After countless visits, I will say she FINALLY made my dress an A+ and it ended up looking perfect and it was just how I imagined it would be, at my initial purchase. I felt like a princess on my wedding day, and I ultimately THANK Marie for that! I’m giving this place 5 stars, only because Marie went over and beyond to ensure the dress would be prefect and exactly how I wanted it and at the end it was exactly what she promised me.

Sent on 04/10/2014

I can't even begin to say enough great words about this place. After some terrible experiences looking around for a dress and the news that I would have to find and decide on a dress by myself (most of my bridal party and mother are in a different state), I desperately came into this place with my wedding just 5 months away. I decided to check it out based on the reviews I found and I was blown away with their sincere kindness and passion for the work that they do.

I found the dress of my dreams here for a wonderful price. All of my accessories were also a great price and they are able to do alternations/modifications as well (also for a great price). I couldn't be happier and more comfortable about my purchase and selection. Many of the shops I visited had prices that were very over marked but this place is right on par with internet prices. Beyond that, both ladies were so helpful, nice, and I really felt almost like family and that they really cared about me. For a bride shopping alone, this aspect I cannot stress enough in how much this meant for me. In her words, "I'm not just here to collect.. I'm here to help make your day perfect." - something like that :) In addition, they are both extremely experienced and were able to pick out the dress for me immediately. The first dress they had me try on was "the one" - even though I insisted on trying on more to be sure, haha. They are able to quickly discern what I'm saying and add it to my dress to see if I like it as well. It was a great experience.

I also ordered my brides maid dresses through them. They have a lot of selections to pick from, also at a great price. Each of my brides maid received 10% off of their dress and you only need to put 60% down on the dress and pay the other 40% when it comes in. That really helped me out.

I wouldn't go anywhere else! :)

Sent on 08/14/2013

I had the best experience when I bought my wedding dress at Global Bridal Gallery! They were so professional and helpful. They were able to find exactly what I was looking for. Even their alterations team was amazing at making sure my wedding dress fit perfectly and was exactly how I wanted it for me wedding day. I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my dream wedding dress! I couldn't have been more pleased by my experience. They even helped my mom find her perfect mother of the bride dress for the wedding. They really look at the whole picture you have for your wedding day and I would recommend buying your wedding dress at Global Bridal Gallery.

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 11/16/2013

I had an amazing experience at Global Bridal Gallery. From my first visit when they graciously let my group drink champagne to my fittings with Ramya, they made me feel like part of the family. My dress required some extensive alterations, and I am so glad that it was in the capable hands of Ramya. She is absolutely amazing at what she does. She also did an amazing job altering my Mom's dress. My dress fit perfectly and I could not be happier!

Sent on 11/22/2013