Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

197 | Alexandria, VA

197 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery

Tori · Married on 08/22/2015

5 Stars for Marie and the team at Global Bridal gallery! The service here is top notch. We were treated like royalty from start to finish. The selection and prices are were lovely, the boutique was beautiful, and everyone is so warm and accommodating. They were always so organized and had everything ready for me at every visit. Alterations were a work of art. Cannot say enough good things!! Buy your dress here, you are one of the family, you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Emily · Married on 08/22/2015

I had the best experience possible at Global Bridal. From the first day with Serki - finding my dress on the very first try!!! To the fittings, and the jewelry picking out, everything was so enjoyable. The ladies make you feel so special and hold your hand the whole way. After visiting a few other places I would definitely tell anyone in the nearby area to definitely give Global Bridal a visit. Plus! They are expanding and it is looking so great! I love this place!!

Sent on 09/10/2015
  • User1206650 · 2+ years ago

Like any bride, I had many emotions going into the day I went dress shopping. Upon arriving at Global Bridal Gallery I was greeted by a energetic and bubbly Maria who was helpful, happy and ready to help make me feel like a bride. It was such a delight to experience this after just leaving a shop that was not as great in Alexandria. My entire experience from start to finish was excellent. Although upon my first visit I still was not sure as I had other shop appointments they did not pressure me or make me feel like I had to buy then. I loved this even more. It is probably why I came back later and bought my dress there. During alterations they were patient and helped me feel comfortable before making every adjustment and the work they did on my lace was beautiful! I highly recommend this for anyone! i am not a size 2 and didn't have a budget the size of a house, but I felt like I had the same experience as every other girl who stepped in there and could get a dress that I too would feel like a bride in !

Sent on 10/25/2015

Evelyn · Married on 08/21/2015

I had the most enjoyable time at Golbal Bridal Gallery. I went in with one dress in mind but found the dress of my dreams there. The staff is so welcoming and friendly that finding a dress was not stressful at all.

Sent on 05/29/2015

I visited Global Bridal Gallery in January and March of this year in search of my bridal gown. Both times I was helped by Marie and I could not have asked for a better bridal shopping experience. Marie was practically reading my mind and I loved each dress she brought out. I was able to find my gown here and loved every moment of it.

Sent on 04/26/2015

I LOVED working with Global Bridal! They never pushed me into purchasing a dress, even after I had found the perfect one there. Coming in for fittings once my dress was made was so much fun for me. The seamstresses know what they're doing, and are very professional. Stacey, who oversaw my fittings, was also so much fun to talk to. The dress ended up being perfect for my wedding day, and I'm so glad I found Global Bridal! Thank you!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Karina · Married on 05/30/2015

I found my dream dress at Global bridal, and they really made me feel special throughout the whole experience. The ladies were so nice and I am very pleased with my selection.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/23/2015

I felt so good getting my dress from Global Bridal Gallery. Every person who helped me during the search for and fitting of my dress here was so kind and genuinely excited for me. Additionally, the owner, Serki, is amazing. She remembered me every time I went into the store, and even remembered my other friends who have gotten their dresses here! I loved everything about my dress, but the attentiveness here is what really made me feel like a bride.

Sent on 06/14/2015

I went to Global Bridal while in town visiting my family so that my first time trying on dresses would be with my sister and mother who could help me narrow down a style and then I planned to return to the west coast where I live to purchase a gown. However, when we arrived at Global Bridal, Serki took such great care of us, listened to what I liked and didn't like, and ended up pulling a dress that was exactly what I wanted and was half (HALF!) the price of my budget. I pulled the trigger and purchased it that day. I came back once the dress arrived to try it on before having it shipped to me (which was pain free and extremely reasonably priced), and again, Serki and Marie were so accommodating. On the second visit I picked out a sash and veil also. A few days later I had second thoughts about the sash I selected and I called to see if I could change to a difference sash I tried on, and again, no hassles or issues. Just 100% excellent customer service. The shop itself is small but Serki has several other spaces in the same block so I never felt overwhelmed, even when it was busy. They also have a very nice selection of bridesmaids and mother of the bride dresses. If you want to give your business to a shop that really cares about making their customers happy, start your dress search here.

Sent on 02/24/2015

This is the most wonderful place. I had tried maybe 20 dresses at a few shops and nothing felt right and a couple of them really rushed me through and seemed disinterested. When I went to Global Bridal i felt warmly welcomed and special. the sales assistant looked at me thoughtfully and said "how this such and such style" - something I had not considered. It was perfect I absolutely loved my dress and everyone said it was perfect for me. It was also well within my budget. the shop is a bit small and crowded but it is fun to watch the others finding their special dress too. All of the ladies there were terrific. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Global Bridal Gallery was the first (and only!) place I went to try on dresses. It is located in Old Town Alexandria, and there is ample street parking out front and on side streets. It is a small shop with only two dressing rooms, but we were the only customers in the store at the time so it was perfect for us. (We had the first appointment of the day). Our consultant, Marie, was absolutely fantastic!! She is so warm and friendly, and very knowledgeable about the dresses she sells. I told her I wanted a lace dress with very little poof, and she immediately brought out several options. All of her choices stayed within the limits of my request, but they were all so varied and beautiful. I only tried on four dresses because they were so gorgeous and it was hard to pick one! Marie happily helped me change back and forth between some of the dresses to compare them, and also picked out veils and belts for me to try on as well. The dresses at GBG are very fairly priced, and Marie remained conscientious of our budget the whole time. Just an FYI: you can't take pictures of the dresses you try on--you can only take pictures of the one you end up purchasing.

I also got my dress altered at GBG (the alterations department/bridesmaid dresses are in a building across the street). I wish I could remember the name of the woman who did my alterations--she was wonderful too! I am just over 5 feet tall, and she hemmed at least 7 inches of lace flawlessly. She also added boning to the bodice and adjusted the fit of the lace bolero I wore for the ceremony. The dress fit perfectly.

Everyone at Global Bridal Gallery is friendly and easy to work with. If you live in the DC area, I definitely suggest you look for your dress there!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

Global Bridal Gallery was the 5th out of 6 bridal salons I visited in the search for my wedding dress (3 in NJ, 3 in VA). Their samples are all well kept in plastic and organized by style and trend as opposed to by designer, which I think is clever and can be helpful if you're pulling some of your own dresses. I didn't need to pull any of my own because Ashley was fantastic. She listened to my likes and dislikes, looked through the photos I had brought, and asked really great questions when I tried on the different dresses she pulled, narrowing down my preferences. She ended up pulling a dress that I never would have picked for myself - I actually remember seeing it online previously and thinking "meh, not for me." But her intuition was right on point and I really really liked it once I put it on. I wasn't quite ready to say yes to the dress though, since I had one final appointment with a salon that carried both of the top contender dresses I had from my prior appointments in NJ. Ashley was super nice and supportive. She told me that I should definitely go to that last appointment to try on those dresses, and if I still really liked the dress at GBG, I could give them a call afterwards and they'd pull it for me to try on again if I wanted. Well, the other dresses were beautiful, but I couldn't get my mind off of the one from GBG, so I called them and we hightailed it back to Alexandria. As promised, they had the dress pulled and ready for me to try on again, and this time I was prepared to say yes to the dress. As another reviewer noted, they rang bells and made a big fuss over it, which just made the experience so much for fun and exciting. They gave a bell to my mom, and she rang it so hard she broke it. There was laughter, tears of joy, and that "this is THE dress" feeling, which was augmented by the many compliments I received from the other staff in the salon, including Ashley's mother. GBG is a wonderful salon with genuinely happy and enthusiastic staff!

Sent on 10/29/2014

This company was amazing. Their listed price for my dress was $200 less than one of their competitors. Needless to say they had me with their fairness at that moment. With my alterations they let me come in as many times as I wanted/needed. The staff was so friendly and helpful through every step! This shop is small can does get busy, so make sure you have an appointment to have the very best experience there!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Kreezel · Married on 03/28/2015

Found mine and my MOH perfect dress! Everyone was so helpful, patience, and wonderful.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Global Bridal Gallery's reply:

Hi Kreezel, thanks for the review! We hope your wedding was perfect! Best wishes!

Mary · Married on 12/18/2014

Just love Serkhi! She's the most honest vendor. Her knowledge and experience are the best and help me find the perfect dress down to the smallest details like the kind of dress the will look great on my petite frame and what dress color will look great on pictures and won't wash out the details. I had the best experience with them not pushy and will make you feel like a family.

Sent on 04/11/2015

Andrea · Married on 11/08/2014

Of all of the wedding dress stores I went to, the ladies at Global were the friendliest and most helpful. Found a beautiful dress that was right on budget. Loved that everything in the store was more affordable (I believe most the dress were under $2,000). Got my veil at Global as well and had them do alterations. Everything fit perfectly and was tailored to my request. I had them take the hips in some was well as bring up the hem. Great overall experience!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Carlee · Married on 11/07/2014

What a wonderful experience I had in finding my perfect dress!!! I had just gotten engaged and heard about a trunk show at Global Bridal Gallery on the radio so I set up an appointment with Serki to come in with my mom and sister. Since my mom and sister live out of state and Global Bridal was pretty booked all weekend, Serki opened the store for us on Labor Day! When I got there I loved how small and intimate the store was... it really made you feel at home. There was one other bride there trying on a dress and when I walked in and saw her in it I immediately knew I wanted to try it on. The bride told me she had been to 6 or 7 other stores looking for that dress and no one carried it. I ended up trying this dress on first and knew that was the one!

The amazing part about Global Bridal is that this appointment was in September 2013... when the dress came in January 2014, I went back to try it on and Serki remembered me and my family... then when I went back again for my first fitting in September 2014, she STILL remembered me a year later! Each time I was there she always asked about my mom and sister. With all of the brides that she sees throughout the year, that completely impressed me.

I also love that the whole staff is so excited for your big day just as much as you are. When I went to pick up the dress they helped me find a hair clip and how to wear it with my veil, and all the girls working that day were ringing the bell and clapping. I just loved the whole experience and would definitely recommend any bride to look here for their dress. It was easily the least stressful process throughout my wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Katie · Married on 11/01/2014

I just can't say enough good things about Global Bridal. I stopped in out of despair after going to a number of the large bridal retailers and am so glad I did. The staff is very well trained and actually know their trade. They are helpful, provide useful suggestions and have a wondeful suggestions. The sample dresses are size 12 so I could actually fit into them and get an idea of how the gown would look. Serki has a wonderful eye for what will look best and I was pleased to take her suggestions. Fittings went smoothly and put my mind at ease. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 11/26/2014

I chose to visit Global Bridal Gallery because of their positive reviews, and I was not let down! As someone looking for a beautiful dress at a reasonable price - but still wanting personal attention and help with choosing a dress - Global Bridal was the perfect store. They helped me find my perfect dress, were very attentive via phone and email, and they were flexible when I thought I wanted to alter my dress but then changed my mind later. Everyone who works there is professional and kind, thanks for helping make my wedding perfect!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

I bought my wedding dress here in January and had such a wonderful experience.The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Marie, especially, is always enthusiastic and personable. I brought in pictures of the style I wanted and Marie took one look at me and suggested one that she thought I might like. This was the first dress I tried on and the one I ended up buying (after trying on about ten others). The dress fit perfectly the day of my wedding. I highly recommend buying your dress from here because the staff will help to make it a truly wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

I can't say enough great things about this shop! This was the fifth bridal salon I went to, and it should have been the first.

Everyone that works there is SO happy, friendly, and enthusiastic about weddings. It's clear they all totally love their jobs. Marie was my consultant and she was amazing! I told her about my wedding style and what I was looking for, and she pulled a couple of dresses that were all different, but each was perfect. As I tried them on, she was grabbing headpieces and sashes to show me how each dress could be customized if I wished, which was super helpful. I was there on a weekday and so I took well over an hour with them and didn't feel rushed for one minute. Actually, I was the only bride in the store for a while, and so all the ladies were focused on my dresses and were just so complimentary and full of fun ideas that it made the whole appointment feel like a party! This was especially nice since I was shopping by myself that day. Marie suggested I go home and think about the dresses for a while, and wrote down the styles so I could look them up on the internet (no pictures, like most salons). There was no pressure at all to buy, which was really nice.

Even though I went to another salon after this, I was still thinking about the very first dress Marie had pulled for me, so I brought a friend back the next weekend. She agreed that it was absolutely gorgeous, and Marie could tell from my face that it was the one. When I confirmed that I was "saying yes to the dress", they rang a bell and made a big fuss - it was just such a cute scene. (And at this point, they let my friend take about a million pictures to show my mom and MIL.) I also worked with Serki, the owner, who was equally lovely (and funny). I loved my experience there and can't wait for the dress!

Sent on 07/03/2014
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 10/04/2014

This place is AMAZING. I went to a lot of dress shops and they either made me feel like I had to spend way above my budget to be accepted, or there were hundreds of brides being fitted at the same time. Stefanie at Global Bridal answered all of my prayers. She is the friendliest, happiest, and trendiest girl ever. I trusted her opinion as not only was she around my age, but she made me feel super comfortable and welcome the minute I stepped in the door. She made me feel like a Bride who was important and didn't stop until she found me my dream dress - a drop-dead gorgeous Robert Bullock Galina gown. I could wear it every day for the rest of my life. I know it was my wedding, but I was blown away at all of the compliments I received including, "I have been to a million weddings and your dress blows all the others away". I can't wait to go back and show them the pictures once I receive the professional album.
    Another special shout-out to Marie who helped my bridesmaids try on many, many dresses until we found the long, navy stunner we were looking for. She is hilarious and amazing as well and got all of our dresses delivered well ahead of time so that there was plenty of time for tailoring.
    Needless to say I love this place and have sent 2 other Brides there who have now purchased their gowns at Global Bridal as well. You should make this your first and last stop in searching for your gown! LOVE THEM!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Global Bridal was my third of five stops on my day of dress shopping with my mom - it ended up being our last stop! Serki is amazing. I told her what I was looking for and though she grabbed a number of dresses that looked great, I bought the first one I tried on. The dress also happened to be the last of its kind and thus deeply discounted. Rather than trying to upsell my purchase, Serki made me feel as though this dress was waiting there for me and me alone! She also had amazing ideas of how I could incorporate lace from my grandmother's wedding dress into my dress. The atmosphere at Global Bridal is inviting and not at all intimidating or pretentious. I would recommend Serki and her staff to anyone looking to feel like a bride and not just a sale! I am looking forward to going back in a few months for fittings!

Sent on 10/21/2013

We chose this bridal boutique only because I spotted a dress that I had seen online in the window, but I'm really glad that we ended up here! I only tried on dresses at a handful of places, but I definitely had the best experience at Global Bridal. The ladies at this bridal boutique (especially Marie, who is wonderful) know what they're doing, have great personalities, and have a great selection.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jenna · Married on 09/13/2014

I went to Global Bridal for a reception dress (I had already bought my main ceremony dress). They were so phenomenal to work with. I was initially looking at a tea length wedding dress that they had to use as my party dress, but when I told them what I was looking for they suggested that I buy a bridesmaid dress in the same style in white instead so I could save money on the reception dress. I was so pleased with their suggestions and customer service that I ended up bringing all of my bridesmaids back here for their dresses. I wish I had bought my ceremony dress here too! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/02/2014