Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

202 | Alexandria, VA

202 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery

Rebecca · Married on 03/18/2017

Highly recommend Dawn at Global Bridal, but I don't know if she still works there. When I stopped by to say Hi during my alterations, the other shop ladies acted like they didn't know who I was talking about. But I loved Dawn. Extremely knowledgeable about gowns, and incredibly patient. I called her "The Bride Whisperer." Gowns in the shop are reasonably priced...much more reasonable than the other bridal shops I visited in Old Town Alexandria. The alterations are done in a different office around the corner from the dress shop. There was a bit of a language barrier in the alterations shop, but the alterations were done well and on-time. They did a good job sewing a corset into the dress I bought. The shop doesn't have too many lace-trimmed veils, but they had one that worked for me. Definitely stop by to see if they have the right dress for you, I was thrilled with mine.

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • KSera

Sarah · Married on 02/25/2017

I walked into Global Bridal Gallery and gave them a bit of information about my budget & style preferences - they came back with 5 dresses and 1 of them was absolutely perfect. They really listened to me and knew their inventory well and were a joy to work with. Their shop is clean and nice to visit for follow ups and the alterations were great as well!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/21/2017

I am so happy I bought my dress at Global Bridal. Dawn was my consultant, and she is fantastic. I really wanted a ball gown with straps and a v-neck. I went to multiple other salons that had very few dress options with straps, and I was ready to give up and go with a strapless dress. Then I went to Global Bridal and described what I wanted to Dawn - she understood my vision immediately and gave me so many great options that I had a hard time choosing. I also had a great experience getting my dress tailored at Global Bridal. The dress we ordered fit almost perfectly, so Global Bridal just needed to hem it, add a bustle, and tighten the straps. They did a great job with the alterations (and also explained to my mom and sister how to bustle my dress in a way that was really clear and easy to understand). Finally, Global Bridal was extremely flexible and really made themselves available to me. I picked up my dress the Sunday before my wedding, and after sleeping on it decided one of my straps was a bit too tight. They got me in for another fitting on Wednesday night and made the changes immediately (while my parents and I went out to dinner). It was a great experience all around, and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/07/2017
  • Colleen445

Colleen · Married on 11/05/2016

I originally had another store in mind to purchase my dress and went in with one of my bridesmaids just to browse. I fell in love with every dress I tried on and it was hard to choose! They listened to me when I described my vision, never pressured me, and I didn't feel rushed. I still wanted to check out a few other stores before making my final decision and after horrible experiences at both places, I came running back to Global Bridal. I ended up paying less than I expected and was beyond impressed with the service I received.

Sent on 03/09/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/22/2016

I was very nervous about the dress-shopping experience and came here on a recommendation from a friend. Any worry melted away once I met Dawn and the rest of the staff. They were so genuinely nice and wonderful and made me feel at ease. Dawn's choices were right on-par with what I was looking for and she gave good guidance in picking THE dress. They have beautiful options at every budget, are warm and lovely and you just cannot go wrong with a stop here. I would advise to come during the week! Thank you Global Bridal and Dawn!

Sent on 06/06/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/15/2016

I bought my dress here, and my bridesmaids bought their dresses here as well. We all went with Mori Lee as our designer, and we were not disappointed! All of our dresses were gorgeous.

Sent on 11/03/2016
  • Judith

Judith · Married on 10/02/2016

I have recommended Global Bridal to many brides! I just loved everyone!! Everyone was so helpful and they made my experience wonderful. I had an appointment, but to be honest, I just wanted to look. My consultant (I wish I remembered her name) was so helpful, patient, and could read my personality well. She also listened to what I liked. Well, it turns out, my dress was the first dress she had picked out. I loved my experience so much that I just had to go back there to choose dresses for my bridesmaids. Two missions accomplished.

Sent on 05/03/2016
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/23/2016

My dress was literally my dream dress! I went in for my consultation with Ms. Marie and I brought along my maid of honor (sister) and my niece (flower girl). The environment of the salon was soooo nice. I felt like I knew everyone there for a while. I tried my dress on and immediately knew this was the one. Everyone else agreed and Ms. Marie thought I should try a different dress on just so I could truly see that my first choice was it. Although there was no need for that, it was nice that she offered because I had been to other shops and when you mention trying another one on they would make faces. The whole process there was amazing. I loved going in for my consultation all the way to my final fitting after the alterations. Ms. Mary Lou was amazing! All of the alterations were just perfect. Thank you to everyone at Global Bridal Gallery for helping me along the way and making dress shopping such an amazing experience!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Global Bridal Gallery is a gem of a boutique!! The ladies who work here are all fabulous and you can tell they love what they do and are good at it too! I came in on a Saturday with an appointment with Dawn. Dawn was super upbeat and as soon as I told her what I was looking for, she knew EXACTLY what dress she wanted me to try on. While she gathered some other dresses for me to try on she and another consultant were searching for this one dress she knew she wanted me to try on....and turns out, that was THE dress! I went to a few other bridal shops but none of them gave me the experience that Global Bridal did, so I went back and bought the dress. I couldn't be happier with my choice and I can't wait to pick my dress up!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Gauri · Married on 09/03/2016

Stacy and Marie are complete stars! Marie helped me find the perfect dress for my wedding and Stacy was amazing when it came to fitting me. My bridesmaids all got their dresses from Global and looked AMAZING in them! Get your dress here!!

Sent on 09/06/2016
  • LRWEDDING

Lexi · Married on 09/02/2016

The entire Global Bridal Gallery team is great! They make you feel so welcome. They are very helpful and even when you don't know exactly what you are looking for, they pick the perfect dress for you! They make you feel like family. The alterations process was easy and the young girl helping me (forget her name) was so kind. I chose a bustle that was somewhat difficult, so she took time to tie gold strings on the hooks so my maid of honor could find them on the wedding day. Highly recommend Global Bridal Gallery!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Karen · Married on 07/29/2016

I would give global bridal 10 stars if I could. I looked forward to every single appointment I had here. The whole experience was fantastic. The employees were SO delightful and knowledgable. They listened to my likes and dislikes and helped me find my dream wedding dress my first day looking!! I ended up getting my dress altered here and I have no regrets. This too was a positive experience. I can't recommend them enough. Go here! You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Christina · Married on 07/23/2016

This place is absolutely wonderful! They make you feel right at home! I love my dress and can't wait to wear it!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Emma · Married on 06/11/2016

I found THE DRESS today! When my mom and I went to Global Bridal Gallery it was the fourth place we had been to and I had started to get discouraged. However, the second I walked in I knew it was different. We worked with Marie who was spunky and very enthusiastic. The first dress I tried on was perfect and within my budget...something I had started to give up on! I'm also excited that they provide alterations in house so that I don't have to work with yet another vendor for that. All in all it was a great experience and I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and warm experience.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/28/2016

The crew at Global Bridal are very friendly and make sure that you are happy with everything! Both my sister and I picked our wedding dresses from Global. I got the best service from the time I arrived to find my dress until I picked up the dress a few days before my wedding. They also really went above and beyond to help my mom find a dress for our wedding day. They definitely have a good selection of wedding dressed and bridesmaid dresses.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Jackie · Married on 05/21/2016

I purchased my gown from Global Bridal 2 months ago, about a year before my wedding (I am a bit crazy with planning). I went in with a designer, and even more specifically, an exact dress in mind. They immediately found the dress, and it looked amazing when I tried it on. Unfortunately, the dress was a little out of my budget, and they urged me to try more dresses to really validate that I was making the right choice. They asked questions about my style preferences, and gave me a lot of options (within my budget) to try on, giving me exposure to different kinds of dresses within the same collection. The 6th, and last dress I tried on was the one. I cannot wait for it to come in. Maria was a doll and made the whole experience very fun.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Maria · Married on 05/07/2016

Global Bridal Gallery was the second place I tried when searching for my wedding dress. I had some horrible experiences just browsing for stores earlier, with rude vendors who seemed to scrutinize me. Not true of the staff here! Justine was the first person I met and she was warm and friendly from the very start. She seemed to know exactly what I was looking for (a modest, lightweight, flowing dress that I could breathe and move in)! She picked out my wedding dress on her second try! Two of my bridesmaids and my maid of honor were their during my first trial and all three of them immediately agreed that the dress I eventually chose was the one! The alterations staff was phenomenal in making sure my dress fit perfectly and I looked like royalty on my special day! Thank you, Global Bridal Gallery, for doing such a wonderful job in finding the perfect dress for me. This is VERY hard to do as I am extremely particular and once I have a certain style in mind, it is hard to find exactly that style within my price range! Global Bridal Gallery did just that! They even were able to customize it for me! I couldn't have asked for a more radiant and exquisite gown or accommodating service! :)

Sent on 06/04/2016

Erica · Married on 05/07/2016

I was looking for shops in Old Town to find my dress, and when I read the reviews for Global Bridal Gallery, I knew I had to go there because of the exceptional reviews so many had given them before. From the moment I walked in, they were so friendly and welcoming. They didn't push me to buy anything on my first visit because my mom (who lives out of state) wasn't there for that appointment, and I really appreciated that they genuinely understood how important that was to me. Finally, when I returned to the salon with my mother for the next appointment, I found my dress! I was so excited and they made me feel so special. The next day, however, I started feeling very nervous that I had jumped the gun and committed too quickly. I called the salon, and they told me I could come back in and we'd work out something. They spent so much time letting me try on other styles that second day (even though I wasn't on the books for an appointment and the store was busy!), and they never let me feel like I was a burden or that I was being dramatic (which, let's be honest, I was!). I was still struggling with the new styles I was trying on, and after several dresses, they put me back in the sample of the one I had bought the day before. I fell in love again, and they celebrated me finding my dress just as much as they did the day before.

When it came to alterations, they were so helpful. I was losing weight for the wedding, and I wasn't an easy alterations bride because everytime I came in, I needed more taken in. My last fitting, I still needed more alterations. Never once did they make me feel guilty or that the fit issues couldn't be fixed. They listened to my concerns and made me feel like they genuinely cared about how I felt and looked on my big day.

I would highly recommend any bride to try Global Bridal - they are so friendly, professional, and caring of each of their brides!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Karri · Married on 04/30/2016

I cannot say enough about Global Bridal. They are amazing. My fiance and I decided to plan a wedding less than 6 months after our engagement - one of my biggest fears was not being able to get a dress I loved in time. But, the ladies here made it happen! It started with Dawn who did my fitting. I had a very general idea of what I wanted and she was bringing out great dresses - when I had one on that was very pretty, I said "it's just a little too poofy for me" and I could almost see the light bulb appear over her head. The next dress she brought out was THE ONE. It was so perfect for me and the location of the wedding. She was wonderful and sweet and bubbly and made the experience very fun. Stacy took over from there and helped us pick bridesmaids dresses and managed all my fittings. She is wonderful - so sweet and nice and helpful with any phone calls or questions I had. The dress came in on time and the alterations were done at an amazing speed despite all the complicated lace overlay and scalloped edges. It was perfect and fit like a glove the day of and I just felt amazing in it. I received so many compliments. They did a great job on it! One last thing I want to note - we had a bit of a snag when my sister's bridesmaid dress was left outside her door (at her request) by UPS and was then stolen. Given the rushed timeframe I was so stressed that it wouldn't come in time. Marie and the ladies at Global Bridal were so sympathetic that they were able to rush order a new one and didn't even charge her the rush fee. They were prepared to do over night alterations the week of the wedding if needed, as she is from out of town. Luckily it came in a little early and it all worked out, but the fact that they were so accommodating and willing to do whatever it took to make it work out was just above and beyond in my book. I will never forget how wonderful they all were. So, yes.. go here!!! :)

Sent on 06/03/2016

Great, friendly service! I came in not knowing what I wanted for my bridal gown and they did an amazing job guiding me to the perfect dress. The dress I picked is so comfortable and great pricing!

Sent on 10/07/2015

I cannot rave enough about Global Bridal! Serkhi and Marie are the sweetest! From the moment I walked in, they were so attentive and listened to what I wanted. They found me a dress that was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. Every time I went there for fittings, they were so sweet and would ask me about wedding details. They really took the time to get to know me and didn’t treat me just like a customer. I also ordered the bridesmaid dresses and mu mom’s dress through them, they were beautiful.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Shirley · Married on 10/10/2015

My MoH were supposed to head to a vintage store to try on wedding dresses but they ended up having a burst pipe they had tk deal with, so we were out of luck. As a non-fussy bride, I didn't want to go into a fancy Old Town bridal boutique that frowned upon non girly brides. Well, my MoH lives in Iowa and made a special extension to her trip to specifically shop for wedding dresses with me. I broke down and decided to placate her and we walked into Global Bridal. We were immediately greeted and seated. Even as a walk in, I felt valued and welcome. There were two other brides trying on gowns and they were so gorgeous (brides and the gowns); staff was super attentive to them. I turned to my friend and said to her "Wonder if they'll be this nice when I tell them how small my budget is." When it was my turn, she asked me what if I had a Pinterest board. I showed them a few pictures and with in 5 minutes, there was a dressing room ready for me with their first pick. I squeezed into it, and BOOM, it was *the* one. How they knew, no idea. Not only that, but it was well below my pricepoint. I got my perfect dress in less than a hour! More updates later when I actually get my dress in a few months :) All of the staff swooped in to outfit me with perfect accessories, working together to build on my vision. And no, they were not being pushy. They saw my vision and executed wonderfully, and with experience/being able to read people. It was serendipitous!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2015

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Global Bridal Gallery.
    Their team is so knowledgable, friendly, and helpful. From the moment that I walked in to try on dresses, I knew that is where I'd be buying my wedding dress.
    They did an amazing job with alterations; it fit me like a glove. I will be contacting them for dress preservation very soon!

Tip: Try to make an appointment during the week to try on dresses. The place is PACKED on Saturday and Sunday. I went on a Saturday, and their staff was still super attentive amongst the crowd, but it was very crowded.

Sent on 10/25/2015

This place was so amazing to work with! Every single person i worked with was wonderful and extremely helpful. They genuinely seemed to love what they do and i looked forward to going to my fittings. My gown was also stunning!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

When I first started thinking about wedding dresses, I had no idea where to begin. I kicked off the search by reading review after review on Yelp, Wedding Wire, The Knot, etc... I was shocked to see how many places actually had pretty bad reviews (too pricey, snooty staff, etc...)! I knew I didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money, but didn't want something cheap either. I first visited a place near my home that I had heard about from friends. Honestly, nothing was wrong w/ the place at all. The people were friendly,the boutique was clean and spacious. I just didn't fall in love with any of the dresses right off the bat. So on with my search. The next place I found was Global Bridal in Alexandria. They had good reviews so figured it'd be worth checking out. From the moment you first walk in, they make you feel like they've known you for years. Everyone there was so welcoming, friendly, excited for you, etc... I dealt mostly with Marie who is very educated on wedding dresses and was so personable and genuine. After picking the dress (and Marie celebrated with me as if it was her own daughter finding her dress), then came ordering the bridesmaids dresses. Global Bridal didn't carry the designer I wanted so they ordered them and gave us a discount for ordering through them. Then came alterations. The seamstress was so sweet and careful in her work. Again, each member of the staff was just so warm and easy to work with every time we visited. They showed excitement each time we walked through the door. Once all was said and done, we came to pick up my dress after the final fitting and it was sad to say goodbye to all the ladies. They asked that we come back by with pictures b/c they couldn't wait to see how it all went. Needless to say, I'd recommend them to anyone looking to find a beautiful dress and meet some wonderful women along the way.

Sent on 11/09/2015