Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

197 | Alexandria, VA

197 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery

Emily · Married on 04/20/2018

I am so thankful that I found Global Bridal Gallery!! I ended up there after purchasing a dress at a different store and canceling the order. Dress-less and in a panick, I searched for stores that I could quickly get to from my office. Global bridal came up and carried several designers I was interested in, and a particular dress that I wanted to try on.

I felt instantly comfortable as soon as I walked into the store. I worked with Marie, who was so understanding of my situation, and helped pull several dresses that fit the style I was looking for, including the one that I had my eye on. She spent so much time with me, helping to take pictures of each dress I was trying on, since I was shopping alone.

I should mention that at this point, I had tried on close to 100 dresses. I hadn’t gotten *the* feeling about a dress yet and I was starting to think that I wouldn’t, which I was okay with. Then, Marie put me in the dress that I had really come in to try on. And she was there to give me a big hug when I started crying because I had finally found the dress!!! She was also completely understanding when I couldn’t purchase the dress that day, because my mom wasn’t with me and set up an appointment for a couple weeks later when my mom could be in town.

A couple weeks later, with my mom in tow, we went back to try on the dress. Again, Marie was amazing and even went around the shop with my mom to pull several more dresses for me to try on to make sure that the one was really *the*one*. We walked out very happy customers.

When my dress came in about six months later, I had an amazing experience with alterations. They spent so much time with me, each appointment lasting on average of an hour. They made sure that everything was exactly as I wanted it and addressed all my concerns. They even opened a half hour early the day I went to go pick up my dress with my mom and my maid of honor to accommodate our schedule! I couldn’t be happier with my experience!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Christina · Married on 04/15/2018

Finding my wedding dress was a difficult process. I had a very specific vision in mind and could not find what I was looking for in my budget. That was until we went to Global Bridal Gallery. The whole process, from trying on dresses to the final fitting, was smooth and stress-free as possible. I was helped by Marie, who was professional and very kind. The thing that set this place apart for me was that they have classic, elegant dresses. Too often in my search I found dresses that were the result of "fast fashion" but I was going for a more timeless look and they had exactly that.

Sent on 04/30/2018

carla · Married on 03/24/2018

Dream Dress

Loved how the staff did not pressure me into getting a dress the first time I went. Absolutely stunning dresses!

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 03/18/2018

This was the first place I went to look at and try on dresses. I was a little nervous, but as soon as I walked in the global bridal team made me feel very comfortable. They were not pushing about me trying on dresses. If they pulled a dress and asked me what I thought and I did not like it they did not make me feel pressured to try it on. They listened to which styles I wanted and also pulled a few they thought I might like once they got to know me. At the end of our appointment I ended up finding my dress with the help of the fabulous ladies at global bridal.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Global Bridal Gallery's reply:

Hi Brittney, thanks for the review! We're so glad that you found your perfect dress! Our consultants really do their best to get to know a bride and her style, and we're so happy that their effort paid off for you! Best wishes!

Jessica · Married on 12/09/2017

Danielle, Stacy, Mary Lou, Marie, and the whole Global Bridal team were amazing! This was the only bridal shop I visited in late June with my mom. Danielle was excellent and helped me find my perfect dress. My wedding was in early December, and I wanted to have lace sleeves, so the Global Bridal alterations team was able to match a lace sleeve jacket perfectly to my dress. I loved going to Global Bridal every time for my fittings. Stacy was so friendly and made me feel so special. Overall, it was a magical, wonderful experience. Highly recommend Global Bridal for their affordable dress selections and amazing alteration talent! Attached is the original dress I selected (strapless) and a couple of final alteration pictures with the lace sleeve jacket.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Sheri · Married on 10/28/2017

I had an incredible experience working with the truly wonderful staff at Global Bridal Gallery. I was a slight bridezilla and they were so accommodating, helpful, and professional. My consultant knew exactly what I was looking for and pulled the perfect dress for me. I knew it instantly and it was just perfect. The alterations department are very dedicated and talented individuals. They made sure everything was perfect and exactly how I wanted my dress to fit on our big day. I would highly recommend them. They are a one stop shop.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Wonderful experience. They were very accommodating and helpful.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Global Bridal Gallery's reply:

Hi Jessica, thanks for your review! Best wishes!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2017

It was such a pleasure shopping for my wedding dress at Global Bridal. I had visited two other stores before my visit and they could not compare to the service and experience at Global Bridal. I brought my mother and future mother-in-law with me, and Marie was absolutely exceptional in listening to all of our thoughts/idea. She was super patient, incredibly nice, and made me feel comfortable within a few minutes, a feeling I did not have at the other stores. She also knows everything about the dresses in the store. I only had a vague idea of what I wanted and after putting me in a few dresses that were close but not perfect, she found two options that were spot-on. She really listened to me as I tried on each dress (again, something that was lacking at the other stores) and stayed within my budget. I felt so comfortable working with her and could not be more grateful for her help in finding my dress.

After I decided on my dress, my mother wanted to try on a few mother-of-the-bride dresses (not planned). She bought her dress, also gorgeous, within minutes of looking after trying on only three options. I also used Global Bridal’s alteration services and had a wonderful experience with Stacy. I had 3 fittings, and at each one she was super sweet and very attentive to my concerns. By the time I walked out of the store with my dress, I couldn’t have been happier. Global Bridal truly provides the experience you hope to have when searching for a dress, from start to finish. Thanks so much, Marie and Stacy!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Katherien · Married on 09/23/2017

Global Bridal Gallery was a wonderful place to find my dress. They were my first and only boutique I visited. They listened to my needs and stayed within my budget. They also have a wide variety of dresses to try. Not one dress I tried on was the same! I'm looking forward to receiving my dress and beginning the alterations process with them!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Bridget · Married on 09/03/2017

This place is THE BEST! I got my dress here after looking elsewhere. I described what I wanted, and the very first dress Marie brought me was "the one." While I was there, THREE other brides also found their dresses. None of the dresses were remotely alike, and we all looked amazing in them. They did a great job on the alterations too -- even putting in pockets at my request so I had a place to hide my lip gloss and handkerchief (which came in very handy during the ceremony). Finally, since I was getting married in Colorado, they had me bring my carry-on luggage and packed the dress for me so that I didn't need to risk getting my baggage lost. This place is a real neighborhood gem.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Global Bridal Gallery's reply:

Hi Bridget, thanks for the review! We loved your idea about pockets! I'm happy to hear that they came in handy! Best wishes!

Renee · Married on 08/27/2017

Went for a Bridal Fitting with my bff and we had a WONDERFUL experience. Marie is the best hands down!!!! She is patient, funny, knowledgeable, and very personable. The shop is nice and clean and has a warm family feel to it. They had a wonderful selection and I found my Dream Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the price was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to buy my dress for $600 under my dress budget ..... This was my fourth bridal shop visit so I def had other shops/experiences to compare it to :)

Sent on 07/19/2016

Gayden · Married on 08/26/2017

Global Bridal was fantastic. From the associates on the floor helping me find my dress, to Ms. Stacy and Ms. Mary Lou in alterations, everyone is professional, kind, and helpful. I never once experienced any sort of body shaming that brides have complained of in other bridal shops. Everyone here was respectful and affirming of all sizes and types. I also greatly appreciated that they respected all price points and did their best to meet them. They asked before showing me a dress that was only a little over budget. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I tell everyone to go here.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Global Bridal Gallery's reply:

Hi Gayden, thanks for the review! I'm glad that you felt comfortable in our shop! It is important to us that every bride, no matter size and budget, finds her perfect dress and we're so glad that you found yours! Best wishes!

G · Married on 08/13/2017

We had a great experience at Global Bridal Gallery. Marie was very knowledgeable and immediately understood our daughter and how she wanted to look and feel on her wedding day. She worked within our more limited budget to find the perfect dress for her and the venue from their selection of exquisite Robert Bullock gowns and also helped us choose a veil to complement the gown. The sizing and ordering process was easy and smooth and we all, including my husband, felt comfortable there. I highly recommend both Global Bridal Gallery and Robert Bullock's designs.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Breeanna · Married on 07/29/2017

Global bridal gallery made dress shopping a breeze! I had been to one other bridal shop for a sample sale and was not impressed with the dresses or the consultant helping me. I then went to Global Bridal Gallery and worked with Marie and it was like night and day! I showed Marie a few pictures and gave a brief description of what I liked and didn't like and how I wanted to look and she went to work! Within a few minutes she came back with 3 or 4 dresses UNDER my budget that were gorgeous! Each dress I tried I loved until she showed me the "one" and we all agreed this was it. Marie was so friendly and accommodating even when I told her I wanted to try looking a few more places. I came back multiple times to see if the dress was still available and if the price had gone down any. When I finally decided to purchase Marie gave me a discount on the dress and shipping which really helped stay under budget! They were prompt and efficient in letting me know when my dress arrived. I cannot say enough good things about this shop, definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/12/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

I couldn't be happier with Global Bridal for my dress selection and alterations. When I was dress shopping, Marie was my consultant and she listened to what I was looking for and the first dress she had me try was the dress I chose. You know a consultant really listens when that happens. But every dress she put me in looked good, so even if that one hadn't worked, she gave me lots of great options that were all well in my price range. She was also SO excited for me - that's just her personality - but it really made me and my mom feel good.

The alterations were also over-the-top amazing. Stacy was my helper and she was so excited for me, professional and efficient. She and her team (I met Ms. Mary Lou as well) were great and made my dress look awesome. The price was about what I expected ($450 for taking up the hem, shortening straps and adding a belt). They even steam your dress and veil for you when you pick it up for the big day. I can't say enough great things about this whole team.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Global Bridal Gallery's reply:

Hi Stephanie, thanks for the review! We're so happy that you had a good experience in our store! We hope your wedding was perfect! Best wishes!

Kimberly · Married on 06/10/2017

I LOVE Global Bridal! I worked with Marie and Stacy and they were both outstanding people. Not only are they invested in you, they provided an instantaneous connection. It was like I was shopping with friends. They kept me in my budget and gave me a lot to choose from. They also wanted me to find the right dress, not buy for the sake of spending money. I ended up purchasing a Morilee gown for ~$1450, but I tried on gowns ranging from $1100-1900. Every time I came back to the store for a fitting, Marie greeted me and my mom with hugs. Stacy was our alterations seamstress and she was THE BOMB. Not only is she SO much fun to talk to, she treats your dress as if it's hers. My dress fit like a glove and my alterations were well priced at $200 (I took in straps, bust, waist, and hips. My dress was all over lace with an open back). I had complete trust in the team and love them to pieces. We also got our bridesmaids dresses and mother of the bride dress there, and received a 10% discount since we had purchased my wedding dress through Global. What a plus! For bridesmaids/MOB we had Justine as our consultant. She is also awesome. My only critique is that the dressing rooms are on the smaller side and parking is street parking; however, Old Town Alexandria is the best so I can't complain. Global is also broken in to several storefronts so that can be a little confusing, but the staff is super helpful so they get you to the right spot. Definitely shop here!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Amazing experience! Found my dream dress!

Sent on 02/14/2017
  • Patrice

Patrice · Married on 04/14/2017

Global Bridal was the second bridal salon I went to in my dress hunt. I live in Baltimore and had planned to buy slightly closer, but my cousin is in Alexandria and my mom was there at the time. It was a last minute decision, recommended by my cousin who had a close friend find her dress at Global Bridal (and another after me!), and they fit us in! When I walked in, I liked that it was smaller and felt slightly less overwhelming than the previous salon I had been to (big, gorgeous dresses, but slightly overwhelming). I explained my ideal look and showed the consultant dresses I had tried. She pulled wonderful dresses (all under budget) and the first one was a winner! She still insisted I try on others, which was really fun and solidified my love for the first dress. They helped me find the perfect veil and belt (worn at the reception). I loved my experience there.

I did alterations at Global Bridal as well and found that they were attentive and flexible. I truly loved how the dress came out and would highly recommend Global Bridal to anyone!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/08/2017

Thank you Global Bridal! You were so sweet, helpful, and patient! My seamstress was the best! Everyone LOVED my dress and complimented me on it all night. It was the perfect dress for me-- I felt like a princess. And the last minute swap of my veil I no longer needed for a gorgeous crystal bracelet work out great. The staff is amazing!

Sent on 05/05/2017
  • Teressa

Teressa · Married on 03/31/2017

Love them! I found my dream dress here and the staff were very helpful and organized. I was worried that I purchased my dress too late but it came in ample time :)

Sent on 02/09/2017

Rebecca · Married on 03/18/2017

Highly recommend Dawn at Global Bridal, but I don't know if she still works there. When I stopped by to say Hi during my alterations, the other shop ladies acted like they didn't know who I was talking about. But I loved Dawn. Extremely knowledgeable about gowns, and incredibly patient. I called her "The Bride Whisperer." Gowns in the shop are reasonably priced...much more reasonable than the other bridal shops I visited in Old Town Alexandria. The alterations are done in a different office around the corner from the dress shop. There was a bit of a language barrier in the alterations shop, but the alterations were done well and on-time. They did a good job sewing a corset into the dress I bought. The shop doesn't have too many lace-trimmed veils, but they had one that worked for me. Definitely stop by to see if they have the right dress for you, I was thrilled with mine.

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • KSera

Sarah · Married on 02/25/2017

I walked into Global Bridal Gallery and gave them a bit of information about my budget & style preferences - they came back with 5 dresses and 1 of them was absolutely perfect. They really listened to me and knew their inventory well and were a joy to work with. Their shop is clean and nice to visit for follow ups and the alterations were great as well!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/21/2017

I am so happy I bought my dress at Global Bridal. Dawn was my consultant, and she is fantastic. I really wanted a ball gown with straps and a v-neck. I went to multiple other salons that had very few dress options with straps, and I was ready to give up and go with a strapless dress. Then I went to Global Bridal and described what I wanted to Dawn - she understood my vision immediately and gave me so many great options that I had a hard time choosing. I also had a great experience getting my dress tailored at Global Bridal. The dress we ordered fit almost perfectly, so Global Bridal just needed to hem it, add a bustle, and tighten the straps. They did a great job with the alterations (and also explained to my mom and sister how to bustle my dress in a way that was really clear and easy to understand). Finally, Global Bridal was extremely flexible and really made themselves available to me. I picked up my dress the Sunday before my wedding, and after sleeping on it decided one of my straps was a bit too tight. They got me in for another fitting on Wednesday night and made the changes immediately (while my parents and I went out to dinner). It was a great experience all around, and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/07/2017
  • Colleen445

Colleen · Married on 11/05/2016

I originally had another store in mind to purchase my dress and went in with one of my bridesmaids just to browse. I fell in love with every dress I tried on and it was hard to choose! They listened to me when I described my vision, never pressured me, and I didn't feel rushed. I still wanted to check out a few other stores before making my final decision and after horrible experiences at both places, I came running back to Global Bridal. I ended up paying less than I expected and was beyond impressed with the service I received.

Sent on 03/09/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/22/2016

I was very nervous about the dress-shopping experience and came here on a recommendation from a friend. Any worry melted away once I met Dawn and the rest of the staff. They were so genuinely nice and wonderful and made me feel at ease. Dawn's choices were right on-par with what I was looking for and she gave good guidance in picking THE dress. They have beautiful options at every budget, are warm and lovely and you just cannot go wrong with a stop here. I would advise to come during the week! Thank you Global Bridal and Dawn!

Sent on 06/06/2016