Glo-Out Glamour Bar Reviews

Amber · Married on 04/07/2018

3.2
      3.5
      3.0

Overall, I had a pleasant experience with Nikki and Olivia. I cannot complain about the quality of my hair and makeup. They did, however, arrive 30 minutes after they were supposed to which totally threw off my schedule and did not allow for professional “getting ready” photos. We had a chance of inclement weather early in the week, which eventually diminished but I received an email at 10:45 pm the night before my wedding asking for my “snow plan”! I kindly responded that there was no longer a strong chance for snow and that I had no “snow plan” (cancel my wedding?) and moved on. I would suggest that they not panic a bride less than 24 hours before her wedding without checking the forecast first.

I would recommend this vendor but be prepared with flexibility in tour day of timeline for tardiness and also use precise communication about your wants/needs.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Glo-Out Glamour Bar's reply:

Hi Amber!

Thanks for your feedback! So happy to hear you enjoyed the quality of our services. In order to make sure Olivia and myself got there safely we took a little longer to arrive onsite due to the fact that it was sleeting on our way out to your venue. As a precaution we decided to leave the salon 30mins prior to departure time, but were 10 minutes delayed on our arrival to you due to unfavorable weather on our drive. On our way out your mother commented on how much she loved your hair and makeup! We hope you agree! Best wishes to you and your new hubby!

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

I initially chose this vendor based on a coordinator's list. At first, emails etc. were prompt. I sent photos of what I wanted before my trial.
    Nikki owns The Spot and was 5-10 minutes late, and hadn't looked at the photos. Another stylist did my hair, Nikki did makeup. The strength was the hair, which was perfect and exactly as the photos showed.
    The makeup didn't look anything like I'd asked for, particular parts made me look worse instead of better. My eyeliner made my eyes look different heights/shapes--she told me that's just my face. I explained I usually wear heavy eyeliner and have found ways to minimize that...she said she drew them symmetrically (and again, it's just my face).
    Worse than that was that after 45 minutes both were "done". As with any place, the trial's supposed to last until you're satisfied. Another client came in for a wax at this 45 minute mark and so she told me she was already running late, I'd have to come back.
    I emailed her 2-3 times, asking for an appointment. I never got a response. This is during my new job where I was working every 2 or 3 days for 24 hours at a time, so I didn't call (I was either working or sleeping). After 3 weeks of emailing I finally got a response, saying her email had been "hacked" and they'd been having issues sending/receiving...and she'd already booked another wedding for my date "because she hadn't heard from me".
    I was offered a return of 50% of the trial fee, which of course was exorbitant (and I'd tipped on despite being upset). And then I was out a stylist when this area is particularly hard to secure vendors. And she'd made me look horrible; I'd left calling my MOH and fiance saying I didn't know how I was going to look even my normal level of "good" if I had her as a vendor.
    I found a different place, that offered me some discounts because of my story. This was by far the worst experience I had during my wedding.

Sent on 04/27/2016

1.2
      0.5
      1.5

I was very disappointed in this hair/makeup vendor. They were unprofessional, and did not come to the wedding prepared with what was needed. To top it off, they overcharged us and we had to call to get a refund. Would never recommend.

Sent on 06/27/2016