Glo-Out Glamour Bar Reviews

Glo-Out Glamour Bar 5
Glo-Out Glamour Bar 6
Glo-Out Glamour Bar 7

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2015

5 stars is not enough to rate the quality of service at NB Makeup. Nikki is absolutely amazing and she saved my wedding day! I live out of town and was planning my wedding from another state so I blindly booked a stylist/makeup artist that was recommended by my venue. I made a trip down to Charlottesville a few months before the wedding for a trial and found out that I was very unhappy with the person I had booked. In a panic, I found NB Makeup and reached out to Nikki to see if she was available. She went out of her way to fit me in to her schedule last minute and made me look and feel so gorgeous on my wedding day. Nikki is so talented and professional and she is committed to making sure you are happy. I cannot thank her enough for coming to my rescue! Don’t make the same mistake I did and just book her from the start! She is awesome!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Ryan · Married on 09/05/2015

I would completely recommend Nikki and her team for wedding day makeup. I had never had my makeup professionally done before, and she did an amazing job giving me a natural but polished look that I loved. They also did a great job making my already gorgeous bridesmaids look extra special. Also (and this is just as important), Nikki has the kind of fun, relaxing, awesome presence that you want to be around on your wedding day. It's no surprise that almost everyone I know who has gotten married in Charlottesville recently has used her, and I would 1000% recommend her.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Nikki was absolutely amazing! She was so friendly and professional and really knew how to bring my vision to life! I was nervous that I would look too theatrical with heavy makeup and a look that didn't match my personality. Nikki put all those fears to rest when I went for my trial. My makeup really made me feel like a bride! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Kayla · Married on 05/23/2015

Nikki was such a pleasure to work with for my wedding day. She has a great personality and really cares about her client and their needs. I had both hair and makeup done for my bridesmaids and myself and it all turned out wonderful. Her hair stylist's were friendly as well. As an out of town bride, I really wasn't sure how everything would turn out because I had to rely on reviews online but I could not have been happier with my choice. Book her now, you will be extremely satisfied.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Glo-Out Glamour Bar's reply:

Kayla!! We LOVED working with you!! You and your family are amazing! Thank you so much for having us be a part of your day =)

Marcie · Married on 04/25/2015

She was fantastic! She dealt with 5 picky bridesmaids, two moms, and a 2 and 3 year old so well, keeping everyone on schedule and looking beautiful!
    I was planning the wedding 5 states away and she was always responsive to my e-mails and texts and come wedding day knew exactly what I wanted and imagined!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Crystal · Married on 09/13/2014

Nikki is awesome! She made my hair look beautiful for my wedding. I have long, straight hair that doesn't hold curl well so she used a small curling iron to give me lots of curls. It was pulled halfway up with a couple tendrils around my face. Also Nikki is a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Kari · Married on 06/14/2014

Nikki is the best! You can always count on her upbeat personality and flexibility. It was so nice to work with her as a vendor, she clearly enjoy her profession.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/07/2014

I have had the pleasure to work with NB Makeup on numerous events. As an event planner I am always seeking vendors that are professional, reliable, and cost effective for my client. NB Makeup continuously brings out the natural beauty in my brides all while providing stellar service that is affordable. I would consider NB Makeup a top vendor in the Central Virginia region.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2013

Nikki was so helpful on my wedding day! I had no idea what type of look I wanted and so for the trial she tried two different styles to let me see what was possible. On the actual day of the wedding she kept me on track and on time and things went off without a hitch. She was great at keeping me calm on such a stressful day and the results were fabulous! I've never had such flawless looking skin which led to great pictures.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Angela · Married on 11/10/2012

Nikki really saved the day for me! The Make Up Artist I had hired cancelled on me FOUR DAYS before my wedding! I scrambled to contact as many MUAs as I could as quickly as possible, and Nikki happened to be available. She responded promptly and we firmed up plans.

On the day of, she arrived on time, and did a great job completing my make-up, make-up for 5 bridesmaids as well as my mother-in-law. She seemed genuinely empathetic that I the MUA I had selected cancelled at the last minute, and even threw in some "freebies" my way to soften the stress I was experiencing.

She was pleasant to be around, professional, reliable, and SAVED THE DAY!

Bless you, Nikki!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Pattie · Married on 10/05/2012

Nikki and Lauren were wonderful! Not only are they incredibly talented and professional, but very relaxed and easy to have with you as you prepare for a big day!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Maria · Married on 09/15/2012

Nikki and her team were awesome, she made myself and my wedding party look absolutely beautiful!!! I gave her a couple of pictures of the look I was going for and she made it 10x better! Nikki is super easy and fun to work with and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look stunning on their wedding day!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Cristina · Married on 09/15/2012

Nikki B and her power team of ladies helped make my wedding day so special! They were so accommodating. They came to where we were getting ready and did hair and make up there. They were very fun to chat with and did a beautiful job. I would absolutely recommend them to all my friends. We were all very happy with the natural and beautiful results!! :)

Sent on 10/23/2012

Tonya · Married on 10/07/2016

Nikki and Cece are amazing! All of my ladies were so pleased with their hair and makeup and the makeup lasted through quite the dance party. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, laid-back team that will do an excellent job!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Pat · Married on 09/13/2014

One of the best hair and makeup artist that has visited Gardens At Serenity Cove. A must!!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Ruchi · Married on 06/16/2018

Glo-out was a fantastic salon for my wedding weekend. I had a party of SIXTEEN the day of my wedding and they handled it flawlessly. They have a great little area in the back of the salon to set up food and champange. And almost all of their staff was at our disposal. Their way of handling hair and make-up is fantastic - they double team so it takes half the time. The atmosphere is so fun! Everyone looked fabulous and really enjoyed the experience. Highly reccommend for weddings!!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Nikki and her crew delivered big time on my wedding day. Not only did they run ahead of schedule (rare from my prior wedding hair/makeup experience), but they accommodated all six of our requests and were more than willing to adjust styles to make sure everyone went away looking and feeling their best. Several friends commented on the high quality appearance of my hair and makeup. And my hair stood up to some pretty serious hilltop wind! I would definitely recommend The Spot Beauty Shop for all of your wedding (and other) hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Glo-Out Glamour Bar 8

Lindsey · Married on 09/23/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about The Spot Beauty shop. I couldn't have asked for anything better for my wedding. Nikki and her team were patient and responsive throughout the whole process, and everyone loved their hair and makeup on the day of. Nikki brought an entire team with her and they were fun and listened to what all of the girls asked for! Cici did AMAZING things with my hair (still get compliments!), and Nikki made me look exactly how I was hoping for the big day -- gorgeous! They were seriously the best and I will absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a salon and/or wedding team!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Mary · Married on 09/10/2016

I got a spray tan for my wedding and it was the best spray tan I've ever had - so natural. I received many compliments and it stayed on for almost two weeks. The Spot also did my hair and makeup (and my bridesmaids) for my wedding. I had shown them pictures of what I wanted and it looked even better than the pictures. I cannot recommend them enough for all of their services.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Nikki, Cici and their team of talented stylists were incredible in creating my dream wedding look. My hair and makeup were stunning and they were incredibly attentive to the needs of 11 different women on our wedding day. Their service was impressively quick without lacking quality, and they were quick to address any revised requests of the women in my wedding party. They were also a joy to work with and brought fun and laughter to our morning. Hire these ladies, they are fantastic!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Liz · Married on 07/02/2016

I'm so happy I found the Spot Beauty Shop for my hair and makeup needs for me and my whole bridal party. Nikki did a fabulous job on makeup and Ci-Ci blew me away with my hairstyle. Both were also super fun to have around as we were getting ready. It was a major bonus that they could come to us at no charge. The day of my wedding was hot, and we did photos prior to the ceremony. After an hour outside, I was convinced I would look like a mess walking down the aisle. I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror and not a single lock of hair or drop of makeup was out of place. And it stayed that way all night! I couldn't have been happier. Nikki also gave me and my mom excellent spray tans a couple days before the wedding. At first I thought she hadn't gone dark enough, but as soon as I put my dress on I knew it was perfect. At times, communication was a bit delayed, but all my questions always got answered, and in the end I was very pleased.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

We made a lot of changes in the schedule leading up to my wedding but they were always very accommodating. I highly recommend the spray tan too, it was very comfortable and looked so natural! I'll be going back for more.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Anastasia · Married on 07/08/2016

Nikki and Cece were so great - very easy going and worked with our requests. They had us laughing and seemed so relaxed while they pretty-fied my girls and I. Everyone looked amazing at the end!!

Sent on 07/24/2016

3.0

Nikki is fun and energetic and I ended up loving my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I have to say that the process was not enjoyable and I realize now it is because she double booked my wedding day. She arrived on Saturday morning with 7! assistants (not the 4 she had told me were coming) - to do hair and makeup for 7 people (and just make up for 2 more.) There was a frantic energy about the room and I think most of my friends were done with both hair and makeup in less than 30 minutes (for $140!) I had imagined the day going very differently, and had wanted to give my friends the gift of getting their makeup done as a fun activity - something for us to enjoy the process of as we chatted and got to spend time together. Instead it was all over in the blink of an eye and they were off to their second wedding of the morning. I don't think anyone especially loved their hair but their make up looked nice. I ended up changing my hair from the trial - I had left the trial not particularly satisfied with it but likewise, it happened so quickly as they had another appointment after me, so I didn't get a chance to discuss it with them. The new attempt on the wedding day was even worse, but when Nikki came back to put on everyone's lipstick, they redid it and I loved it in the end.

I hate to write negatively because I really do like Nikki and Cici but I wanted to be honest about the experience. I really wished she had at least been upfront about the fact that she had another wedding to rush off to - I could have rearranged the photographer and videographer to come earlier in the day. By the time they arrived, expecting to shoot us getting ready, Nikki had already left.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Amber · Married on 04/07/2018

3.2
      3.0

Overall, I had a pleasant experience with Nikki and Olivia. I cannot complain about the quality of my hair and makeup. They did, however, arrive 30 minutes after they were supposed to which totally threw off my schedule and did not allow for professional “getting ready” photos. We had a chance of inclement weather early in the week, which eventually diminished but I received an email at 10:45 pm the night before my wedding asking for my “snow plan”! I kindly responded that there was no longer a strong chance for snow and that I had no “snow plan” (cancel my wedding?) and moved on. I would suggest that they not panic a bride less than 24 hours before her wedding without checking the forecast first.

I would recommend this vendor but be prepared with flexibility in tour day of timeline for tardiness and also use precise communication about your wants/needs.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Glo-Out Glamour Bar's reply:

Hi Amber!

Thanks for your feedback! So happy to hear you enjoyed the quality of our services. In order to make sure Olivia and myself got there safely we took a little longer to arrive onsite due to the fact that it was sleeting on our way out to your venue. As a precaution we decided to leave the salon 30mins prior to departure time, but were 10 minutes delayed on our arrival to you due to unfavorable weather on our drive. On our way out your mother commented on how much she loved your hair and makeup! We hope you agree! Best wishes to you and your new hubby!