Glen Manor House Reviews

67 | Portsmouth, RI

67 Reviews for Glen Manor House

Ashley · Married on 07/11/2015

Glen Manor was the backdrop for our dream wedding. The building itself and the gardens are kept in beautiful condition. It is amazing how much work must be put in daily to keep it in the condition its in. Everyone at our wedding could not stop commenting on how much they loved the venue! Other than the actual building I cannot say enough good things about Katie, the event coordinator. SHE IS AMAZING. Katie is kind and professional. She has certain rules that cannot be broken, but she will tell you so with a smile. Every time I send her an email to ask a question, which was A LOT of times, she was very prompt in getting back to me. My cousin married us and it was his first time doing so, which was a little nerve wracking since none of us really knew exactly how things were supposed to go. Katie helped us walk through each step of the ceremony during the rehearsal and put everyone at ease. She is also wonderful on the day of the event- the definition of calm, cool and collected- which is exactly what you need on a crazy busy day. I highly recommend the Glen to everyone I know, and hope we get to go back to a wedding there someday! Katie you really are the best!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

This venue is amazingly beautiful. The ladies that work there are so professional and caring. They answered all my questions and took me on two walk throughs. They are willing to do anything we want because they say the couples happiness is the most important! Love them!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Katie went above and beyond for everything I needed and made sure we stayed on schedule the day of my wedding. I could not of asked for a more beautiful location and venue for my wedding.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Kate · Married on 08/22/2014

An amazing, beautiful place -- I feared it would be too stuffy for us, but once I stepped inside and had my first conversation with Katie Wilkinson, I knew it was the right place. Katie was professional, helpful, straight forward and always available -- whether it was 6 months before the wedding or the day of. She took care of everything -- we never had any worries that it would be otherwise, and that made all the difference on our wedding day.

While there is a cost to a historic location on the water, the staff at the Glen Manor House is the true value -- they will help you bring your wedding to life and deliver you something you won't ever forget!

Sent on 09/03/2014
  • Jeanine

Jeanine · Married on 07/26/2014

I cannot recommend this place enough. I was looking for a intimate, french style, romantic, and classic venue and as soon as I saw pictures online (i was planning from SF) I knew this was the place. I got dressed upstairs and the room was big enough for all my bridesmaids, cousin and aunts to come in & out of- plus it provided a great back drop for photos. I had my ceremony out in the garden and ordered very minimal flowers because there were so many already there. The way the landscape is, it creates a natural space for the ceremony. If you want your specific colors/flowers out there I would imagine it would lend very well to that too. We did cocktail hour out on the terrace, which was one of my favorite parts of the house. I had dinner in both dining rooms and ate with my husband and all the 'friend' tables outside. The doors are very large so you don't feel closed off in any one room which provided the perfect balance (person & not banquety). The DJ was set up in the other main dancing hall and there was more than enough space for all of my guests. There were 125pp and a lot were on the dance floor most of the night. But again having all the different rooms was a fun & romantic way to break everything up. I think everyone had fun exploring the grounds a bit and it is small enough to do so without feeling like you are away from the party. There is no AC so if you are getting married in late July like me, just know that going in. However, the stone makes the house naturally cool, the water provides a nice breeze, the wide tall doors allow for circulation and they have fans. Last but not least, Katie makes this place what it is. I don’t think they get much better than her- organized, experienced, responsive, a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Julie · Married on 05/10/2014

WOW! Glen Manor was an amazing choice for my wedding. I am so glad we made the choice to hold our event here. Katie is a top notch coordinator; she's professional and very skilled at what she dooes. Come the day of my wedding, I had nothing to worry about and every detail was handled with care as I would have. The guests were all blown away by the venue and my photographer was in heaven. I could not be happier that we chose to say 'I do' at the Glen Manor! I would advice not to be put off my the layout, it totally works and facitiates this great flow and a feeling that it's your place for the evening. It was worth every penny.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Daniel · Married on 05/09/2014

The grounds and the manor itself were spectacular! If you want a storybook wedding, this is the place. While the Manor was the focal point for the guests, the best benefit for me was Katie, the venue coordinator. She made everything run like clockwork, and her great relationships with the local vendors ensured that the bride and I didn't have to think about any of the details on our special day.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Celia · Married on 11/10/2013

Katie kindness, support, and hard work is unparallelled. Katie was wonderful throughout the planning process and we could not have pulled off the wedding without her. If I needed a vendor recommendation, she was there. If I needed her to facilitate something, she was there. On the day of the wedding, she was there to set up items that I could not do myself. I was worried that things would fall through the cracks without a wedding planner, but what I realized was that Katie was better than any wedding planner I could have ever hired. She is special for the little things she does - like placing cake in a box for my husband and me to take home at the end of the night. I don't think there is a wedding professional as patient and professional as Katie out there.

Our friends and family could not stop raving about the beauty of Glen Manor. Everyone, including us, was in awe. Glen Manor was breathtaking on the day of our wedding. The leaves were falling perfectly and the indoor atmosphere was phenomenal. Everything was perfect from the moment Katie greeted us with her warmth. There is no venue as beautiful as Glen Manor, not even the nearby Newport mansions can compete. While those are large and cold, Glen Manor feels like you are hosting a party in your own home. You cannot go wrong!

Sent on 12/08/2013

Where do I begin with the Glen Manor? It was absolutely amazing and Katie was wonderful to work with. This place is breathtakingly beautiful and I am so happy that I chose this venue for my wedding. My guests were so impressed.

Sent on 11/07/2013
  • I

Irina · Married on 07/26/2013

The space is picturesque, and Katie is just wonderful!!! She was so informative, helpful, and on top of every element! I don't know what I would have done without her - she was really an amazing person to work with and created a space that captured my every dream!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Erin · Married on 07/06/2013

The Glen Manor was absolutely a fabulous venue for our wedding day! I cannot say enough good things about this place, would need a whole book, but it was amazing! The place to begin with is gorgeous!!!!! If you look at photos online, it really is that beautiful. From inside the mansion to the gardens and the water, we got the most amazing photos and have the most beautiful memories. But, even on top of that, the management is exceptional! Katie was amazing to work with, she was always on top of things, amazingly flexible and extremely helpful. She always had great suggestions for what worked with the venue and your hopes and dreams. She was so nice and professional, but personable too. She helped coordinate the whole set up and every minute of the wedding. Always there if you needed her, but never in the way. I do not know what we would have done without Katie! She worked so well with all of our vendors and made sure she knew every detail so that you and your guests did not have to worry about a single thing. I honestly had not a care in the world on the wedding day and everything went exactly how we wanted! She helped make our day amazing, special and unforgettable. We love Katie and we love Glen Manor! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/08/2013

Everything about our daughter's wedding at the Glen Manor was simply perfection. The beautiful grounds, the gorgeous Manor itself and the setting on the water made for a fairytale wedding. We loved the privacy of this elegant and grand venue and working with Katie Wilkson, who is the wedding coordinator, made the day flow seemlessly and beatuifully. Katie's helpful suggestions regarding caterers, florists, string quartets and DJs, videographers, etc. also led us to form great working relationsips with all vendors and each of them had a great deal of experience at the Glen Manor which also led to a well orchestrated and wonderful day. I can't say enough about the Glen. Many of our guests have told us that it was the most beautiful and elegant wedding they have ever attended. That says a lot since many of them are on the "wedding circuit" with their own children and friends. Another feature that many folks loved was the ease of movement around the rooms and outdoors. Elderly guests who did not wish to dance but wanted to converse without music drowning out their voices could sit at dining tables in adjancent dining rooms. We had the perfect weddinig size for the Glen at 125. No one was sitting outside or under the screened area. Don't be put off by the cost of renting the Glen for the day. We chose a Saturday which is more expensive during wedding season, but very affordable weddings can be held there on Sundays and Fridays. You will create a wedding of a lifetime if you have it here...so very glad we did from start to finish. Thanks to all. Judy

Sent on 06/17/2013

Anne · Married on 06/01/2013

There is only one way to describe this venue, PERFECT. The setting inside and out is so elegant, the gardens, the river, the marble and chandeliers!
    What really makes this the ideal venue thoughts Katie wilkinson and her husband Don. Katie is delightful, accommodating and accomplished. She has been the force behind this beautiful home for more than eighteen years and her reputation is outstanding. Each and every vendor we interviewed mentioned they are always delighted to work with Katie. High praise! Each of our vendors, some who had not been to Glen Manor where effusive in their descriptions of her treatment of them. Respectful and helpful.
    Do not even think about the different dining rooms, it is truly not an issue. The comfort of your guests is always at the fore front.

Sent on 10/04/2013

I was told that my wedding was like a fairytale :)
    That was one of the nicest comments that I got in regards of my wedding at the Glen Manor this during teh past Memorial weekend. The location was magnificent! The Glen Manor was the perfect location for my husband and I to get married. Katie at the Glen Manor is so knowledgeable that made my planning so easy and smooth. The venue was beautiful inside and out and everyone loved it! We got married outside overlooking the water. The view was unbelievalble and the garden was so well kept. I would highly recommend the Glen Manor for weddings. Such an amazing experience as we were able to tailor everything according to our preferences and likings and have privacy for our special day just to share with family and frineds.

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • O

Alison · Married on 10/21/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Glen Manor House or Katie - the event manager. Katie was a delight to work with; she was courteous, professional, organized, and very detail-oriented. She always responded promptly to my e-mails and phone calls - which is more than I can say for some of my other vendors. She made great suggestions about how to run the entire wedding day - from the time the wedding party arrived to the end of the wedding and packing up our belongings. The entire wedding was seamless; I never had to worry about a thing. Additionally, whenever I told one of my other vendors that we were having our wedding at the Glen, the first response from them was, "Oh, Katie is great to work with...." And of course I can't forget to mention how beautiful Glen Manor House, the grounds there, and its overall location were. I never had the opportunity to meet Don - Katie's husband and the person responsible for the grounds at the Glen. He really does a beautiful job; I have the pictures to prove it! So thank you to Katie, Don, and the Glen Manor House for our amazing wedding!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Margaret · Married on 10/20/2012

Glen Manor is the perfect space for an elegant event- beautiful and intimate space and lovely garden/landscaping for outdoor ceremony. Although booking this space requires separately booking various vendors, my husband and I actually preferred having the freedom to choose each vendor. Importantly, Katie's knowledge and experience is priceless- she steers you to the perfect vendors and runs the ceremony and reception like clockwork- I really didn't worry on my wedding day! We also noted all our vendors raved about Glen Manor (and some even got married there themselves!).

Sent on 09/29/2013

Tori · Married on 09/29/2012

I feel so incredibly lucky that I had my wedding at the Glen Manor. Katie, the event coordinator, is nothing short of exceptional. Every little detail-- including a couple of the ones that I had totally neglected!-- were taken care of. I can't tell you how much it meant to have such peace of mind on my wedding day. We had envisioned sunshine and butterflies on our wedding day, but we were instead greeted by overcast skies and rain. As I was maniacally checking the weather forecast, it was SUCH a comfort to know that we had such a beautiful place to take pictures, regardless of the weather. I would recommend the Glen to anyone- it was exceptional and I am so grateful that we decided to get married there!!

Sent on 10/13/2012
  • User2038716 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding at the Glen Manor was everything we dreamed with would be! Katie was so helpful with the planning prior to the wedding and did a great job coordinating behind the scenes the day of. Having a venue with both beautiful indoor and outdoor ceremony & reception options can be very difficult to find - Glen Manor has it all!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Lia · Married on 08/12/2012

We absolutely LOVED having our wedding at Glen Manor. It is a fairy tale wedding location - totally secluded, breathtaking views and gardens and beautiful building. Katie Wilkinson, the on-site coordinator is just as amazing as the location. She is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and organized. There was not one single detail that was missed or incorrect during the process or on the day of the wedding. She also made us feel like we were the only wedding she was dealing with which is quite amazing when you realize the venue was booked every day of every weekend. I really couldn't say enough good things about Katie OR the venue.

PS. don't be afraid of the multi-room aspect. We felt that it actually made our wedding more fun and kept people moving around.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Chelsea · Married on 08/10/2012

Glen Manor is a beautiful venue and Katie is absolutely fantastic. It stormed during our wedding and we were so incredibly thankful that we were at the Glen and not in a tent somewhere. They moved the ceremony inside before guests arrived and most everyone thought it was always supposed to be inside. We loved the uniqueness of the manor, and particularly how far away we were from downtown.

Sent on 09/03/2012

This place is beautiful! Loved my wedding their! Dream come true! Only negative is the building doesn't have AC but the cool wind off the water helps out :)

Sent on 11/09/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2012

You cannot go wrong picking the Glen Manor House for your ceremony and/or reception location. The grounds are beautiful and the house has so many great details to work with. But what sets the Glen apart from other RI locations is the customer service. Katie and Don are a pleasure to work with and make you feel like you are the only bride they are working with from the time you look at the Glen until your wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Blanca · Married on 05/25/2012

Katie. She is an angel for all brides - I honestly cannot say enough about her. The venue is stunning and she makes it that much more amazing. She is so patient, sincere, and helpful. I absolutely loved working with her. The venue is a great setting if you're having a small to medium size wedding (i.e. less than 200 people). You have the entire house and people are free to be inside, outside, on the dance floor, at a table. The only down side was I had fog on my wedding day so we didn't get great pictures by the water but even then, Katie told us we could come back to get our pictures by the water - AMAZING venue and staff!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Christine · Married on 09/30/2011

Katie was wonderful to work with, very prompt with responses and extremely professional. Not to mention, the views are breathtaking.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Stef · Married on 05/30/2010

We worked with Katie and Don throughout the past year and I have nothing but love for them both! Katie is quick to reply to emails and phone calls and is super organized. She walked us through the ceremony rehearsal and took detailed notes to make sure she had everything correct. On the day of, she was there to line us up and see that guests were seated properly and timely. She kept all of us on time and with a smile and gentle words. Her husband Don took over half way through the reception and was equally as sweet and helpful. The grounds of the Glen are breathtaking and Don takes care of every plant and flower. We splurged on the Glen and we wouldn’t have it any other way! Highly Recommend.

Sent on 06/09/2010