Glen Magna Farms Reviews

Glen Magna Farms 5
Glen Magna Farms 6
Glen Magna Farms 7

Megan · Married on 05/07/2010

We worked with Heather and couldn't have been happier. If anything went wrong on our wedding day we have no idea and we owe that peace of mind to her! The grounds are beautiful and the house provided an intimate setting for our wedding guests to celebrate. Thank you to Heather and the groundskeepers at Glen Magna!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2009

Heather and the staff of Glen Magna was amazing to work with. Heather was able to help me with every area of my wedding any idea I had she was able to fine tune and make it come off the way I wanted it to! Our wedding was amazing and it wouldn't have been half the day it was with out Glenn Magna and Heather!!

Amanda · Married on 11/01/2008

Heather and her team are absolutely wonderful! I would highly recommend having your wedding or other function here.

Sent on 03/29/2009

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2008

The mansion, the grounds, and the service were all incredible. Janice and the whole staff were incredibly accommodating, barely batting an eye even when I asked to hang a pinata on one of their beautiful old trees. They were also extremely helpful to me when I had a bit of a crisis with a caterer, providing advice and giving reassurance. I did not have a problem getting in touch with people to resolve questions and as quite happy with how the whole day went.

Sent on 03/28/2009

Shannon · Married on 09/20/2008

Exceptional on all levels. My husband and I were looking for a unique venue to host both our ceremony and reception. The "one-stop-shop" kind of reception halls did not really interest us because we wanted the day to be a reflection of who we are and what we represent. A venue like Glen Magna Farms allows you to use your creativity and really make the day your own. The staff will point you in the right direction for every possible vendor you will require to make your day perfect. The day we had at Glen Magna was one of the best days of my life and it is moments like that you can not put a price tag on.

Sent on 04/09/2009

Steve · Married on 06/21/2008

Glen Magna Farms and Heather King made our rehearsal and wedding a perfect as we desired. The property is beautifully maintained. Heather King was extremely responsive and willing to work with us. She made it easy for us time after time. She also recommended excellent vendors for the catering, tent, cake, and DJ. All of those parties worked very well together to make it a seemless day.

Sent on 03/29/2009

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2007

This is a uniquely beautiful spot to exchange your vows. Whether you are married inside on the gorgeous curving stairway or outside (as I was) under the Pergola, your guests will feel as if they stepped back in time and were attending a garden party at some fantastic mansion. The grounds are immaculate, the service before during and after was amazing...they kept everything flowing in a nice, smooth manner. Heather King is a doll to work with. She has fantastic ideas and foresight into what might be needed on that day. I got rave reviews from all my guests saying that they'd never attended a better wedding at a more beautiful location. The only drawback is you must have an open bar, a cash bar is not allowed on the grounds...my fiance and I were already planning on an open bar so this didn't impact us at all, besides...the price was right and the service was great!!

Sent on 07/03/2008

Diana · Married on 08/26/1990

I was married here in 1990, and it's a wonderful, beautiful site. Can't say enough good about it, and the staff were so calm and helpful. I have a painting of the garden I'm selling. eed725591@gmail.com

Sent on 07/05/2010

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2017

Glen Magna Farms is a wedding venue straight out of a DREAM! I fell in love with its combination of history, elegance, and natural beauty the moment I step foot onto the grounds, and the team at Glen Magna helped our wedding day live up to that first feeling. If you are someone who has dreamed of a garden wedding (honestly, even if you aren't), the Chamberlain gardens will leave you breathless. We were able to hold our ceremony in the gardens and let me tell you, rounding the bend to see all of your loved ones nestled amongst the gorgeous flowers and your bridal party waiting for you under the stone pillars is nothing like you will ever experience. Although I would have booked the venue for the gardens alone, the rest of the grounds as well as the estate (which you have full and complete access to during your event) are stunning themselves. There were more gorgeous backdrops to take pictures with than we even had time to do. We opted to use the sailcloth tent (which you rent at a discounted price special to Glen Magna) for our reception since our wedding was in August and we loved being able to continue the event utilizing the beautiful grounds. The tent provided a romantic glow when it was lit up as night fell. Something that saved us a lot of money was that Glen Magna requires that you purchase alcohol from an outside vendor (we used Kappys), so we only ended up paying a fraction of what we would have paid for alcohol that does not do this. Robin, our event coordinator has tons of experience and definitely had our backs throughout the process, even working with my mom to come up with a plan B rain plan they had never done before, to do everything possible to make sure I wouldn't be disappointed if the weather didn't work out! We used fireside catering which was honestly the best wedding food I had ever tasted. Glen Magna is truly a hidden gem of a venue!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Glen Magna Farms 14
    Glen Magna Farms 15
    Glen Magna Farms 16
    Glen Magna Farms 17

nice place and nice people. My guest enjoyed it too.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Ashly · Married on 09/10/2011

Glen Magna was BEAUTIFUL--everything we wanted for our wedding day. It offered everything we were looking for: exquisite gardens, a viable indoor option in case of rain, extensive grounds, and a well maintained house that you could actually use (some of the historic houses give you use of the grounds and a carriage house, but no access to the actual larger home itself). We had both the ceremony reception on-site, which made everything so easy logistically. Our day-of coordinator, Heather, was great. She kept the day running smoothly and went above and beyond to make sure all of the DIY details were taken care of.

Sent on 10/04/2011
  • SparkleOn

Maura · Married on 07/11/2015

After weeks of searching, which felt like months, we finally found Glen Magna, and I am so happy we did! The grounds are absolutely breathtaking, and the proximity to Boston was perfect for us, as we wanted our guests, who were primarily from out of state, to be able to stay in the city but only endure a 30 minute shuttle ride to the venue. After the winter we had (2015, you will go down in infamy), I can't deny that I was nervous about how the grounds would look. I needn't have worried - everything was STUNNING! We had our ceremony in the garden and reception under a tent on the lawn, which perfectly hit our need for outdoorsy beauty and weather protection. The house itself is beautiful, which put me to ease for both getting ready and our ceremony rain plan. I know it's near the freeway, which made me nervous, but I can promise you that you cannot hear noise with leaves on the trees. I highly recommend Glen Magna!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Nadine · Married on 10/15/2011

Glen Magna offers a wonderful venue both indoors and outside. They worked with me and my vendors to make my wedding day stress free and wonderful. The grounds are breathtaking and the house offers an intimate setting. All my guests had a wonderful time.

Sent on 03/14/2012

Tiffany · Married on 09/04/2011

We were so happy we chose to have our wedding at Glen Magna and couldn't have asked for a better venue. The service was outstanding and Heather, our coordinator was always available to answer our questions.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Sandy · Married on 07/30/2011

Glen Magna Farm is the most amazing place in Massachusetts. It has the most beautiful gardens and landscape. The mansion has a historic charm. There are so many areas of photo-ops; you can look like you are in a secret garden in one section while imagining a totally separate space under the pergola or at the gazebo. I am beyong words. The staff is so helpful throughout the planning process; always getting back to us when we emailed them. They kept us on top of our plan; scheduling time with our PROVIDED day of wedding coordinator and caterer. The preferred vendors are amazing at what they do. The service is just impeccable. I wish I could get married there all over again and now it is our special little place.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Daniel · Married on 08/21/2010

Great service. We are very happy we chose Glen Magna. The food was great and there were so many spectacular photos from their lovely grounds. We got a perfect daytoo!

Sent on 01/13/2011
  • Addylove88

Alyson · Married on 05/14/2010

My wedding day was perfect thanks to Heather who worked/communicated with all my vendors, not one thing went wrong! I was so busy and had no idea what was going on behind the scenes but somehow everything was done just the way I wanted. The pictures come out amazing because the grounds are so beautiful....and my guests could not stop raving! My ceremony pictures look like I am in Italy, not the middle of Danvers. I would recommend highly to everyone!

Sent on 06/06/2010
  • SuzeDave

Suzanne · Married on 08/15/2009

This place is a hidden gem! It was the most perfect place for our wedding and I'd recommend it highly to anyone! The grounds are perfectly maintained at all times and the setting is just serene. It was an amazing day thanks to Glen Magna!

amanda · Married on 06/27/2009

Our Glen Magna experience couldn't have been better!From the bride and groom to the wedding party to the guests, everyone flipped over the venue! Absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 12/14/2009

We loved our wedding at Glen Magna Farms. The garden is so gorgeous as the setting for the ceremony, and the grounds have endless possibilities for photos. The staff was professional and accommodating, and while they did limit us to a few select caterers, it ended up being great since we loved our caterer, the guests raved about the food, and they were so familiar with the venue already. It was also great that due to the local liquor laws, you buy alcohol at cost, which saves a ton on open bar. Excellent venue!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2012

This was a beautiful venue, gorgeous gardens and great picture opportunities.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Allison · Married on 08/04/2012

When I walked into Glen Magna Farms during my wedding venue search, I knew right away that this was it! This is where I was going to get married. I got married early August 2012 and Glen Magna was by far the most perfect choice! The gardens were breathtaking, the coordinator, Robin, was wonderful, and everything was perfect
    (even the severe rain storm threats held off all night!). I am amazed at how many of our guests have told us that our wedding was the best they have ever attended and the most beautiful as well, thanks to Glen Magna Farms!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2011

My husband and I planned our wedding remotely from California, so it was very important we found a venue to help ease the stress. We could not have been happier to find Glen Magna.

We primarily spoke with Heather King, and she is a true professional. She let us the terms of using the venue, which is essentially bring your own everything (minus chivari ballroom chairs, tables, linens, glass- and silverware), and that some categories of vendors had to be on an approved list. It was no problem for us since we used the approved vendors list to pick everything (it was majorly helpful). Ms. King's foresight made her an amazing day-of coordinator for us.

As for the venue itself, the cost is a bargain for the gorgeous scenery we got in return. (FYI, our wedding was on June 17.) The overall feel of the place was romantic and fairytale-like. There are tons of picturesque places for your photographer to take amazing pictures. The scenery helped make our wedding album gorgeous.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Tatiana · Married on 06/11/2011

I loved this venue. The person I worked with, Heather, was very helpful. She made decision making very easy. The gardens are beautiful. My wedding invitations were inspired by them. I really chose this place because it had the charm and organic feeling I wanted without the ridiculous price tag. The surrounding neighborhood is not ideal, but it is only about a half hour away from Salem. It wasn't impossible for our traveling guests to get there. I loved this location also because it had a consignment liquor policy. Let me tell you... that saved us a lot of money! It's basically an open bar, but you only pay for what people drink... and you pay liquor store prices. I could go on and on about this place, but just go check it out.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Marisa · Married on 09/08/2007

They were fantastic! If you're looking for an outside venue, I would highly recommend it. It's expensive since you have to rent the place and then rent the tent, tables, chairs, etc) but it's so beautiful it's worth it.

The staff was great and made everything easy. We had a really hot day (96 in September) and then a lightening storm which caused a power outage and they wedding coordinator took care it gracefully. She put votive candles all around the house, moved all the cocktails tables and food up on to the porch (befor it started raining). She was soaked by the end of the night but she never seemed put out by it.

Highly recommend it.