Glen Magna Farms Reviews

Glen Magna Farms 5
Glen Magna Farms 6
Glen Magna Farms 7

David · Married on 09/07/2014

We had an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception at Glen Magna! The property is absolutely gorgeous, from the historic house to the well kept gardens & lawns. Our decision to have our wedding and reception there was solidified when we started working with the personnel there. Robin, our assigned event coordinator was pure joy to work with. She's done this a few times, and it showed. It was comforting to leave her with details with full assurance they would be tended to. On the wedding day itself, she was in the background making sure everything came together as planned. In terms of value, we couldn't find anything even close in price for what was provided! The fact that Glen Magna provides the option for on-site ceremony setup and take down at no additional cost (with an indoor option in case of rain), full use of the house, including a period furnished bedroom suite for the bride & bridesmaids and a room for the groom & groomsmen to prepare in (which looked great as captured by our photographer!), are just a few of the details and added value we didn't find at other locations. One of the biggest values, is that Glen Magna only books one event per day. This provides the flexibility to hold your event at any hour you choose (within the general working schedule), without being rushed! If we had it to do all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Alicia · Married on 09/06/2014

I can't say enough great things about this venue. The mansion and house are beautiful and provide a unique setting for your special day. I had the pleasure of working with Heather for our wedding and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for me.

I had planned a lovely outside garden and lawn party. However, between the thunder storms and tornado warnings, we had to make a few changes. Heather ,add these changes seamlessly. What could have been a disaster was still a perfect event. I even have a picture from my photographer of Heather moping up the dance floor where the rain had snuck in.

I would highly recommend Glen Magna for your special day!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Gladys · Married on 07/12/2014

Glen Magna was an amazing Magical Place, from the ceremony to the Reception. The Garden is to die for every where you look or go to is a perfect spot for pictures, your guess and the best of all is romantic. Heather was very knowledgeable and helpful, she made sure the everything ran to perfection.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Debra · Married on 05/10/2014

Oh my gosh! Our wedding day was such a whirlwind that I can't even remember if I thanked Paige properly before we left. When we chose Glen Magna we were in contact with Heather. Protocol is to assign a day of coordinator in January of the year of the wedding. So we chose Glen Magna November 2012 for our May 2014 wedding. Since Heather was so fantastic we had hoped she would be our day of coordinator. When we were assigned Paige in January we had no worries. She was really quick to respond to emails. She was patient and very easy to work with, had great advice and was just super helpful in general. Our catering vendor (Fireside/Maura - a must hire!) knew Paige well from having worked so many events at GM so that made things easier as well.
    On the day of the wedding? Paige was cool as a cucumber! She had everything under control. Everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there. As far as I know everything went off without a hitch. Any hitch was taken care of by Paige. Including the bustle of my dress. When my MOH got a bit turned about Paige was on the floor on her hands and knees helping to bustle my dress. If you were wanting an outdoor ceremony but weren't sure about the weather? No worries! Paige let us decide as late as 30 minutes before start time. How's that for accommodating? If you do have to switch to an indoor ceremony it will be just as beautiful as the outdoor plan. We lucked out with gorgeous weather when the prediction had been not so great. Everything else was due to choosing an amazing venue with incredible staff and the best team of vendors. Thanks so much Paige!!

Sent on 05/21/2014
  • User2017561 · 2+ years ago

Perfect day perfect wedding perfect everything!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Meghan · Married on 05/25/2013

Glen Magna Farms and Paige, specifically, helped to make our wedding so memorable! They went out of their way to accommodate our needs and Paige took care of everything the day of so we didn't have to worry about any of the little details.

Sent on 06/09/2013
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 05/18/2013

Such a charming place to get married! All of my guests and my new husband and I were blown away by this place. The garden was blooming, the staff were so flexible and cooperative.
    The house really feels like it is yours for the day. All of my guests came from out-of-state if not out of the country for a May 18th wedding and were very impressed with the venue. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Glen Magna Farms provides a beautiful and historical backdrop to a wedding ceremony and reception. However, it is the hard work and professional attention from its staff that rivals any for-profit organization in terms of venue management and quality of service. We had the great pleasure of working directly with Heather King during our wedding planning. She was highly responsive, supportive and provided many stylish (yet affordable) suggestions for our event. Although primarily responsible for venue management, Heather took on several aspects of "wedding planner" on the actual day of the wedding that were invaluable to us and our guests. We remain entirely grateful for her tremendous patience, energy, and professionalism on a cold wintry Saturday evening that might have been better suited for hot cocoa and a movie at home! In addition, we were permitted as much flexibility as possible in event set-up (given the historical nature of the structure) and in the flow of the ceremony and reception. We discovered great value in scheduling with Glen Magna during the winter season as rental rates were lower than in spring/summer months. We will absolutely consider holding another event at Glen Magna Farms in the future and we have already recommended the venue to several colleagues, family and friends for their events. Many of our guests mentioned that they had never been to as beautiful and unique a setting for a wedding as Glen Magna Farms.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Alana · Married on 10/12/2012

My wedding was just how I wanted it to be! Heather King was and is AMAZING! She completely handled everything with ease and professionalism and we loved her. She was awesome, I couldnt recommend Glen Magna enough! I love it and I loved everything about the wedding! Thanks Glen Magna and Heather!

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 07/06/2012

The venue, as always (I grew nearby) was beautiful. Perfect! But most importantly, Heather King and her staff/partners were AMAZING! They took on so much to take the load off of my mind, but I never worried for a moment. I was VERY particular about our details and every one of them was carried out perfectly...even better than I thought they could be!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Heather · Married on 07/03/2012

Loved Glen Magna! The venue is absolutely beautiful. You can have your wedding pictures taken in many settings. Robin was on top of everything! We had about 120 people inside the big house for the main dinner. We couldn't have wished for a more beautiful wedding.

Sent on 01/12/2013

Brenna · Married on 06/02/2012

We really can’t say enough about the way Glen Magna handled our wedding. When looking back on the day we think about how smoothly everything went and what a great time everyone had.

We chose the venue for the gardens. We planned an outdoor ceremony under the pergola, wanted to get pictures of our wedding party by that cool tree and enjoy summer cocktails on the veranda. And then the torrential downpour of rain came and that plan went out the window! When planning an outdoor wedding, you obviously have your A plan and your B plan. And for as smoothly as everything went you never would have known the Glen Magna staff was working Plan B. Heather King was our coordinator and Paige was there to assist her. They did an amazing job!

When we were standing on the veranda watching the pouring rain and waiting to move into the tent for introductions, we asked Heather (who looked like she just went swimming her hair was so wet) if we had the worst wedding in terms of weather that she’s ever seen. She said top five. It was pretty bad! The staff was absolutely unbelievable. They got wet while keeping our guests dry and everything went off just like it was supposed to. Once under the tent it was as if it wasn’t even raining. And even in the rain everyone had wonderful things to say about the venue. They thought the house itself was gorgeous and the grounds were beautiful…soaked, but beautiful. If Glen Magna can host the best wedding my guests have ever been to in the weather we had, then I think any couple can be confident planning their wedding with them!

Aside from the amazing work they did during our event, the staff is also easy to work with throughout the planning process. After getting prices from various venues, this is without a double the most affordable way to go if you want open bar all night. So in conclusion, Glen Magna is beautiful and the amazing staff can pull off the best wedding ever in a massive downpour.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Eric · Married on 05/05/2012

Heather at Glen Magna Farms was a joy to work with. Her attention to details was magnificent. When we arrived at Glen Magna for our reception, my wife Lindsay looked at me with the greatest smile and said; "This is how I always dreamed it would be." Glen Magna Farms was the best choice in our hearts, and forever will be. Our dreams came true at Glen Magna Farms.... Heather, thank you for all the hard work you have done for us that day. You were perfect!!

Sincerely,
    Eric and Lindsay Mitchell

Sent on 02/07/2013

Alyssa · Married on 10/22/2011

I would highly recommend this venue to any future bride - it was exactly what we were looking for! The venue is so unique and all of our guests commented on how gorgeous the house and grounds were - it truly is such a beautiful place to get married at. And the staff is AMAZING! Robin was and is the BEST! She was so helpful with any question that I had and provided top notch customer service, which not every vendor out there does, so I appreciated her guidance and input. Plus, the preferred vendors that the venue works with are top notch so that made my life so much easier when it came to planning. And we LOVED the fact that we could bring in liquor via Kappy's or Gordon's - this can help you save money....i.e. you only pay for what you drink. So much better than having to pay PP for an open bar. Thanks again Robin and Glen Magna for making our wedding an AMAZING and unforgettable event!

Sent on 12/16/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/03/2011

After months of searching for the perfect venue all of our hard work and searching paid off after seeing our wedding come together so perfectly last Saturday. Everything went so well and beautifully thanks to Heather our coordinator at Glen Magna. I couldn't be happier and a lot of our guests said it was the best wedding that they had been to.

Being able to bring our own alcohol really saved us so much money and the flexibility to choose our own vendors really made the whole event so unique.

I would highly recommend Glen Magna to anyone looking for a naturally beautiful New England location to host their wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2011

Suzanne · Married on 08/28/2011

So I dreamed of the outdoor garden wedding with the cocktail hour on the lawn, and dancing on the verandah... 10 months of planning every detail down to the second, and it all got blown away by Hurricane Irene. The house lost power, and only the emergency lights were on, and every detail I had planned had to be changed at the last moment. Robin and Heather and all the staff worked so hard to make my wedding a success. They went out and bought candles, they got generators, they got umbrellas... Even though not one single thing went as I had had planned, it was a beautiful wedding and all my guests loved it! The power came back on, the storm died down and we danced in the drawing room and on the verandah! It was a perfect wedding, and without the hard work and scrambling by the people of Glen Magna, it could have been a total disaster. It is a beautiful spot, with a great crew. If you are having your wedding here, use Vinwood Caterer in Ipswich, and use CZone in Natick as your DJ. They were the BEST team ever!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2011

Glen Magna Farms was the perfect choice for our wedding! We had a small (70 people) summer wedding and to save money we did it on thursday. The grounds were gorgeous and really provided many beautiful photo ops! Robin was our events coordinator and she did a wonderful job. She kept everything running smoothly, made sure the caterers were on their game and even dealt with fussy relatives for us. Many people have told us that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. Looking back, the only thing I would change would be to extend the event so it could've been longer!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Brendan · Married on 05/28/2011

My wife and I were looking around Massachusetts and Rhode Island for an estate where we could hold a wedding ceremony and reception in the summer. After looking at a few candidates, we zeroed in on Glen Magna Farms, and it was the best decision ever. The event manager that handled our account was extremely friendly and helpful from the time we first visited to look at the mansion and grounds. She had extensive experience with weddings and was able to help us make decisions throughout the planning process. We quickly learned to highly value her opinions and recommendations. She was also very receptive to our requests and ideas. When it came to the big day, things went off without a hitch! The mansion was in top form, the grounds were beautiful, and everyone had a blast. Our wedding could not have come together any better! We highly recommend Glen Magna Farms for any engaged couple who are looking for an Estate Wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2011

Kathleen · Married on 12/11/2010

Glen Magna Farm was an amazing venue for our December Wedding. Heather and the rest of the Glen Magna staff were great to work with and made every detail exactly as we imagined. Our guests were really "wowed" with the beauty of the house and the intimate feel of the reception. I could not have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you Glen Magna!!!

Sent on 03/02/2011

Peg · Married on 10/17/2010

We were blessed with the most gorgeous day for our daughter's noon wedding last October -- perfect for an outdoor ceremony at the pergola. Following the ceremony our guests enjoyed passed hors d'oeuvres, beer & wine on the lawn. A number of guests said this was their favorite part of the wedding since they were able to explore the grounds and enjoy the beautiful day. Our meal was served inside followed by music & dancing on the veranda. Many people said it was the best wedding they had ever attended -- and they meant it! We would not have changed a thing...

Sent on 04/08/2011
  • Q

Courtney · Married on 09/19/2010

As soon as I set foot on Glen Magna, I knew this was the place I wanted to get married. We worked with Robin and she was beyond amazing Robin and the rest of the Glen Magna staff gave us the wedding of our dreams. We were married under the pergola, our cocktail hour was on the grass outside, we ate dinner inside the gorgeous house, and our wedding guests danced the night away on the veranda. Many people told us our wedding was the best they've ever been too and that the grounds were the most beautiful they've seen. I cannot stress enough that Robin and Heather are PROFESSIONALS and if you want an absolutely perfect wedding that you and all your guests will never forget, have it at Glen Magna.

Sent on 09/29/2010

Jeni · Married on 08/28/2010

Working with Glen Magna for my wedding reception was an absolute pleasure. The grounds are beautiful, my tented reception was lovely, and I have nothing but the most positive reviews from all of my families and friends. Heather was extremely helpful and always quick to respond, they even helped with a medical emergency in my family and made sure that I (the bride) knew nothing about it. She acted as a true wedding coordinator and ensured that the vision I had for my day was perfectly enacted. I could not have asked for a more special day at a more special venue.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Katie · Married on 08/21/2010

Such a great staff to work with, Janie made sure everything went smoothly and was there every step of the way. Glen Magna was the perfect spot for our special day! We had some many compliments from guests asking how we had found it, its certainly a hidden gem!

Sent on 10/08/2010

Pam · Married on 08/14/2010

Everything was perfect for our wedding at Glen Magna (even the weather!) Heather and Robin were amazing and kept everything running smoothly. They both made sure all the little details were taken care of and that all the vendors were on the same page. Everyone knew what to do and when to do it. From our very first meeting with Heather until we were heading home for the night, she was there to make sure everything was right! I would recommend Glen Magna to anyone in a heartbeat! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day!!!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Kristin · Married on 07/10/2010

My wedding ceremony & reception at Glen Magna exceeded my expectations & was perfect.

Sent on 10/05/2010