Glen Foerd on the Delaware Reviews

17 | Philadelphia, PA

17 Reviews for Glen Foerd on the Delaware

17 Glen Foerd on the Delaware Reviews

Tonya · Married on 09/29/2017

Our daughter was recently married at Glen Foerd on the Delaware and we couldn't have had a more perfect day! The stately mansion was a perfect backdrop for a breathtaking ceremony with stunning view of the water. Leslie and her team flawlessly executed every detail. She is a complete joy to work with and I was able to enjoy every moment of the day knowing that she had everything perfectly under control. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the reception in the tent was stunningly beautiful. Tarrah had the wedding of her dreams thanks to Leslie and Glen Foerd!

Glen Foerd on the Delaware 1
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 2
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 3
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 4

Tarrah · Married on 09/29/2017

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams!!! One of the compliments we received the most was the amazing venue we chose! Thank you Leslie for being there every step of the way to make our special day perfect! I want to do it all over again!

Glen Foerd on the Delaware 5
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 6
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 7
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 8
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 9
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 10

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2017

My husband and I couldn't be happier to have selected the Glen Foerd as our wedding venue. We were looking for something a little more unique than a ball room. The venue sits on a gorgeous property over looking the Delaware River. Options for both indoor and outdoor ceremony are available. We had our ceremony outside, the weather was great, it was perfectly quiet and intimate. There is plenty of room for larger parties as well. Our guests loved being able to tour the house/museum during cocktail hour and learn about its history. Jamie Hollander is the caterer for the venue. The food was incredible and the staff was amazing. We danced the night away in the newly built pavilion. We were worried about the heat (June wedding), but pavilion can be equipped with fans and the breeze from the river made it comfortable for all our guests. I would highly recommend the Glen Foerd for any amazing wedding or event venue.

Michael · Married on 06/02/2017

Jaime Hollander and Leslie Cervenka made the perfect day for our daughter’s wedding. The food and the venue (Glen Foerd on the Delaware) were absolutely wonderful, and the jewel in the crown was Leslie, who made sure everything was perfect and that we did not have to worry about a thing. Thank you Jaime Hollander and THANK YOU Leslie!

Alyssa · Married on 05/13/2017

We recently had our wedding at Glen Foerd and it was wonderful. We wrote a separate review for what an amazing job Jamie Hollander did as our caterer, but wanted to spend a few words praising the venue itself. The site is beautiful and we fell in love with it as soon as we toured it. Unfortunately it rained the day of our wedding and we did not get the waterside ceremony we imagined. However, the indoor location for the ceremony worked perfectly for our 120 guests. It wasn’t what we planned, but it was beautiful and perfect anyway. Our guests loved cocktail hour in the mansion, particularly the historic stuff like the museum upstairs. They also had a great time at the reception in the pavilion. We got numerous compliments about how nice the place was. Glen Foerd was really the perfect location for our wedding.

Kimberly · Married on 06/07/2014

I just had my wedding at the Glen Foerd Mansion on June 7th, 2014. My wedding was AMAZING, it was better then I ever could have imagined it to be. To start, Jamie Hollander is the new in-house caterer for this venue. Kate Conaway was their event coordinator is PHONOMENAL . As soon as I met Kate I knew I liked her and was confident my wedding was in good hands She is really understood everything I wanted and also had some great new ideas. Her responsiveness to my questions was always very timely which I appreciated. The mansion and grounds at Glen Foerd is breathtaking.. My guests enjoyed cocktail hour inside the mansion and on the new outside terrace which was part of the renovation. .Then after cocktail hour everyone was moved to a beautiful tent that sits right on the water. Since it was such a nice day out they lifted the sides so it felt like the wedding was literally right on the Delaware. Now lets talk about the AMAZNG, DELICIOUS, UNIQUE FOOD. I am still getting compliments about how good the food was at my wedding. The hor d'oeuvres were unbelievably good. I liked that even some of the classic hor d'oeuvres had a different flare to them and also the presentation was very unique As for dinner, I decided to go with a stations menu. I chose a carving station and Italian station. EVERYTHING was SO Good. My guests had so much fun with the food. They had so many choices and the stations were kept open until people stopped coming up for more. My father is a very tough critic and as he paid for my wedding I know he really wanted to be impressed. He told me that night that it was the perfect day and Kate and Jamie Hollanders team exceeded his expectations. The day could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much for making Chris' and I's wedding day so awesome. We wish we could relive it! I would recommend having your wedding at the Glen Foerd Mansion to anyone.

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2013

We had a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception at Glen Foerd Mansion! Our day was so perfect! My bridesmaids, mother and I got ready in our gorgeous bridal suite at the top of the grand staircase. We had our wedding ceremony on the stunning riverside walk next to the Delaware river! The staff even brought my new husband and I champagne right as we walked into the house immediately after we were pronounced husband and wife.

We really appreciated how the staff brought the appetizers out to us during cocktail hour while we were taking our photos. The staff treated my husband and I like king/queen for a day, coming over to our beautifully made sweetheart table throughout the night to make sure we were taken care of. The only thing that went wrong was that the staff forgot to hand out the mint tins and bubbles that were the gifts to our guests, but no one noticed.

All of my friends/family commented on how amazing our wedding was! Thank you Glen Foerd for our amazing day!

• O

Olivia · Married on 07/28/2013

My husband and I loved having our wedding at the Glen Foerd mansion in July. We also got many compliments from our guests on our choice of venue.

We live in London but wanted to have the wedding in the Philadelphia area where my parents live. We chose Glen Foerd because it is a historical building with gorgeous architecture, an art gallery upstairs and works of art throughout. The mansion faces the Delaware River and is also beautifully landscaped. Choosing Glen Foerd also made sense financially because use of the mansion was included in our catering package from Conroy Catering, which was competitively priced.

The set up at Glen Foerd gives couples a lot of options for their ceremony and reception. We were married by the gazebo, but could have also chosen a spot right by the water or at the jetty. If it had rained too heavily, we could also have had the ceremony in the drawing room or the conservatory.

For lunch, we opted to eat in the dining room, which was just the right size for our wedding of 80 people, although it could have accommodated more. We moved to the larger conservatory for the cake cutting and dancing. We were at first concerned that the conservatory would be too large for our group, but with the tables, DJ stand and various food and drink stations, it worked well.

Lori · Married on 11/03/2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Glen Foerd. We had attended a wedding at Glen Foerd in 2009 and instantly knew we wanted to get married here... its unlike no other venue in the area... beautiful grounds along the river, historic mansion, wine cellar, art gallery with Tiffany glass ceiling and famous artwork, outdoor glass conservatory, and more. We worked with Lori through the entire planning process and she was phenomenal, incredibly sweet and so knowledgeable about everything related to the caterer and the site. Towards the end she was wonderful at coordinating appointments to allow us to prepare for the day. She was the liaison between the banquet manager, baker, and all necessary staff at Glen Foerd, and she always responded to my emails promptly and answered my questions with ease. Our wedding was the weekend after Hurricane Sandy and she was so reassuring through that last stressful week, and the mansion did not even lose power. The price is pretty much all inclusive (with the exception of the tax) and it is quite reasonable for the venue. Chris was our banquet manager and was exceptional during our meeting the day prior, very organized and very specific with instructions. Dee was our bridal attendant and she was so doting to us, made sure we always had an appetizer during cocktail hour or drink during the entire night, and ensured we sat down to eat our meal. Every detail of the entire day was perfect. Thank you!!

Julia · Married on 08/12/2017

I can not rave about Glen Foerd and Leslie, the coordinator, enough! We had our wedding there in August and Leslie was simply wonderful throughout the planning process. She was incredibly responsive and helpful and made me feel like our wedding was in good hands. She also helped manage a few family squabbles related to AC, and her expertise made me feel confident in our decisions. On the day of the wedding, she kept everything on schedule and helped manage any incidents so that I didn't even know they were going on! She is a true event pro and awesome at her job. Glen Foerd was also such a beautiful location and was very accommodating. The one downside is that the Mansion is not ADA accessible, but other than that everything was simply perfect. We couldn't have picked a better place to get married and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Glen Foerd on the Delaware 11
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 12
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 13
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 14
    Glen Foerd on the Delaware 15

Audrey · Married on 06/11/2017

We just got married at Glen Foerd in June and had a beautiful wedding. I was ultimately so happy with our choice of Glen Foerd as a venue. I looked far and wide for a venue with the kind of vintage charm that Glen Foerd offers. We held the ceremony and reception on the property and were blessed with great warm weather, allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful grounds and breathtaking Delaware river, which is everywhere you look. The mansion is equally beautiful, and includes so many interesting, unique details. The entire space is huge but does not swallow a 100-person group. The staff at Jamie Hollander were outstanding. Leslie Cervenka, our event coordinator, did an amazing job. She was so helpful and patient with us, listening to every request and making sure things were just how we wanted them. We received many compliments on the delicious food, and the servers could not have been nicer or more professional. Throughout the night the team made sure we had ample food and drinks, bringing appetizers and cocktails to us, and later serving us plates at our sweetheart table. I believe this venue is a good value for the cost, and provides a great atmosphere if you're looking for a classic, romantic and formal event. Guests all commented on how much they loved the property and enjoyed exploring it. While the riverside pavilion offers a pretty, spacious space for all the guests to dine and dance, the layout of the venue also allows people to roam and explore (perfect for those who may not want to dance all night). Some of our earliest communications with the venue left me a little confused about the planning process, but once we were matched with Leslie all went smoothly. GF offers the perfect amount of assistance for those who enjoy planning but also need some help. My only regret is that we didn't pay extra to get into the venue earlier the day of the wedding. We had such a wonderful night but think we could have enjoyed it even more if we'd had a bit more time.

Janelle · Married on 10/04/2013

i am very happy i chose Glen Foerd. The mansion was beautiful as were the grounds. The people were very nice and attentive. Over all it was a beautiful day and a perfect wedding. I couldn't have asked for more. And my guest all loved it too.

Lindsey · Married on 06/15/2013

The venue was absolutely beautiful and everything ran smoothly. The staff was attentive and helpful. It was reassuring to know our special day went so well due to the hard work of the people who work at Glen Foerd Mansion.

Our wedding was amazing and exactly what we envisioned.
    The mansion and grounds are beautiful with the Delaware River as its backdrop. It is a true gem in NE Philly.

The staff with Conroy Catering made our day. The food surpassed expectations and we received great personal attention. Thank you to the entire staff!

Conroy Catering is currently the exclusive catering company at Glen Foerd. To my knowledge, the parks department has not renewed Conroy's contract and is selecting another company to take over in 2014. Loosing Conroy Catering will be a great loss for the venue.

For those planning their wedding....here are some helpful hints about the venue:
    1. The mansion does have AC on the first floor. The bridal suite does have an AC unit, but it still can be rather hot during the summer months.

2. The art gallery is a gem! However, the gallery has limited access during tours and your reception. Also, the art gallery is not climate controlled.

3. Tour the mansion and grounds to preselect your 'photo' locations. The grounds are large and it can take a while to walk around during your wedding for photos on the property. Pick your favorite spots and discuss with your photographer.

4. If you have guest not familiar with the area, be sure to use Conroy's directions. With one way streets, some GPS services have trouble. It is about 30 minutes north of the Philly Airport.

5. There are several restrictions about the use of the facility because it is a historical landmark. As always, become informed about the restrictions as to not become disappointed. (For example: no flower toss inside,rehearsal is not guaranteed until the wk of your event, limited tour hours, etc)

Allison · Married on 07/03/2016

3.5

Such a wonderful venue!!! Great place to have the ceremony at the same location as the reception. The mansion is gorgeous (could use painting on the exterior though), and the grounds are beautiful. Our guests are still raving!

Holly · Married on 06/14/2013

3.5

Glen Foerd is a true one of a kind find. At first we knew we wanted water at our location but not a beach or pond and Glen Foerd was one of the few locations in PA that provided this. However, it is not just the Delaware River backdrop to our ceremony that made Glen Foerd perfect. Glen Foerd had everything from a beautiful location to great food. We had our ceremony outside on the river, used the mansion for cocktail hour and had our reception in the Conservatory. The Conservatory was really the thing that sold us in the end. It is a year-round "tented" area with stone floors and chandeliers on the river. It was the most beautiful location for our reception. Everything about this mansion is perfect. The house offers a wine-cellar for tastings at cocktail hour, an organ, a piano, an art gallery tour during cocktail hour and so much more. The staff at Glen Ford and with Conroy Catering was truly amazing. They catered to our every need on our wedding day, including making sure that we got to taste every single bite of food offered. The food provided by Conroy Catering is exceptional. Everyone raved about it, especially the short rib entree and the cake. The only reason we did not rate them 5 stars for flexibility is that the owners of the mansion and Conroy Catering have pretty strict rules like no candles, fireworks, lanterns, outside food or drink and so on. Despite this, they were as flexible as they could be. They allowed us to bring in a small groom's cake and have a candy bar. We also had a photo booth. Glen Foerd and the space they offer just has unimaginable possibilities for an amazing wedding day for any couple. We cannot say enough about this place and our guests felt the same. They said they have never been to a wedding so wonderful and really we owe that to Glen Foerd's beautiful location and wonderful staff and Caterer. The only real disappointment was that we were offered a spot on TLC's Four Weddings but the owners would not allow it no matter what.