Glass Slipper Gourmet Reviews

Glass Slipper Gourmet 7
  • Marcus & Geneva Ashley

Geneva · event on 05/31/2015

Kelly is a JEWEL!

My husband and I met Kelly O'Brian back in 2009 and hired her to design our wedding cake for our 2010 wedding, which we ended up forfeiting to elope! So when we made the decision to RENEW OUR VOWS (WEDDING STYLE) for our 5 year anniversary, it was NO DOUBT Kelly was our choice!

She allowed us to DESIGN OUR OWN cake and she brought it into fruition absolutely EFFORTLESSLY! Her custom flavors were a HIT at our event and our guests are still craving more of it post wedding! Lol.

Thank you SO MUCH Kelly for being such a "ROCKSTAR" -- We will definitely choose you over and over again for every major event we host!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

THANK YOU THANK YOU Geneva and Marcus for having me as a part of your milestone celebration! It was truly a pleasure!! :)

sarah · Married on 05/22/2015

Kelly was amazing! She was quick to respond and willing to create exactly what I asked for. I even asked for a customized topper that was perfect. All of my guest commented on how delicious they were. She has so many flavors to chose from! She helped me customize the cupcakes and decide what flavors to go with! We will use her again!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Thanks so very much Sarah! It was a pleasure to work with you!! Go Giants! :)

Crystal · Married on 05/16/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful, elegant and DELICIOUS! I looked at many cake companies in our area and was so happy when I found Glass Slipper Gourmet. Before our consultation meeting, Kelly and I conversed through email to discuss budget and cake size; she had a great recommendation that fit our needs perfectly. She was also extremely patient during the design process! My groom was very hands on during our wedding planning and I had my own extravagant ideas courtesy of Pinterest. Kelly was able to pull our ideas together, while adding her own touch of elegance. Our wedding cake was so beautiful, that I didn't want to cut into it. We chose Honey Be Mine as our flavor and it was divine! So much in fact, we are tossing tradition and pulling the top tier from the freezer to enjoy now!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

THANK YOU Crystal!! I appreciate your kind words and am thrilled that you and Craig loved your cake! Congratulations! :) kelly
  • User4207417 · 2+ years ago

Kelly was extremely accommodating when meeting with us to design our cake and do our tasting. Our ideas came to life and our cake was beyond STUNNING on our wedding date. Not only was it beautiful, but the flavors were amazing and unique.

Sent on 05/14/2015

not only was my wedding cake absolutely beautiful in appearance but it was so delicious! Many of my guests that weren't a fan of red velvet flavored cake are now obsessed with it. Kelly's cakes are moist, fluffy, light, and overall great tasting. the price is fair and she's willing to work with you to try to fit your budget. overall I was very pleased with choosing Kelly with the glass slipper gourmet as my wedding cake vendor and I recommend her to anyone having any type of event, that wants a great tasting cake!

Sent on 03/11/2015

Alaina · Married on 02/15/2015

Kelly not only was super easy and flexible to meet with and accommodating with having every flavor of her amazing cakes that we wanted to taste. From the second the cake hit our lips we were sure that Kelly would be making our wedding cake, it was also clear we were going to have a hard time narrowing it down to just 3 types. There wasn't a sample we tasted we didn't like. We finally narrowed it down to her Chocolate Divine, Red Velvet, and Glass Slipper Gourmet's own Honey Bee Mine. I thought instantly how much my guests and I were going to be enjoying the cake at the reception. But I suddenly realized that I still had to decide on a design, after having a look at her gallery and sharing some pictures of my ideas Kelly and I decided that it was going to be a surprise. She would have full creative license, and just use the colors, pink and white, with touches of red and black. The day of, all I could think about was how beautiful my cake was going to be. And when Kelly arrived I was not disappointed. I was elated before me was the most beautiful and intricate cake I could have ever imagined. She far excceded our expectations. Not only did the design flawlessly tie in every aspect of artistry we had discussed. It had a few surprises, that just made it even better, edible ribbon, flowers and amazing attention to detail. It was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Best of all the cake was delicious and every one of my quests agreed, most of them tasted all 3 flavors, and I couldn't have counted the number of compliments I received on how incredible the cake was. Thank you Kelly, and Glass Slipper Gourmet for your amazing cake and wonderful contribution to my big day.
    Alaina B.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Alaina, you are the absolute sweetest for these kind words! So happy you loved your cake! Congratulations to you and Drew! <3 k

Tom · Married on 02/14/2015

Kelly created a fabulous three tier vintage cake for us. She accepted us on a late notice because of a mixup with another baker. She took inspiration from some photos we sent and we selected a flavor based on her extensive list. On the event day she was running late due to traffic and was in constant contact with text updates well before the scheduled time. The cake itself was so delicious and everyone at the Wedding loved the flavors and the impressive design. It was perfect!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Awwh, thank you Tom for the wonderfully kind words! So happy you loved your cake! It was my pleasure and Congratulations to you and Denny! <3 k

Carlie · Married on 09/27/2014

We used Glass Slipper Gourmet for our daughter's wedding on 9/27/14. The cake turned out spectacular and the flavors (we had 3) received nothing but compliments.

The theme was elegant vintage and Kelly's creation was perfect for it. One person actually asked me where our cake was because she thought this was a museum piece (venue was filled with antiques).

Kelly was also used for the bridal shower, which was vintage tea party theme. The cupcakes were equally as perfect and each were beautifully decorated and again very flavorful.

The intricacy of detail was amazing and both the cupcake and wedding cake were a work of art.

I will definitely use Kelly again for any special events.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Thank you Carlie! It was a pleasure to be a part of your family's celebration! Wishing Deanna and Mitchell a lifetime of dreams come true! :)

shannon · Married on 06/14/2014

Yummy! I loved working with Kelly to get the perfect cake for our wedding. We stayed under budget for our guest count, and we got two flavors. Kelly met us in our own home to do a cake tasting of like 12 different flavors (wow!). I showed her some pictures on Pinterest of what I wanted, which was actually a pretty simple 3-tier cake with some flowers on it. She said it would be no problem at all.
    The cake was delivered with ample time to spare the day of. We had a sheet cake with lemon flavoring and the tiered was Oreo, and OMG- the Oreo one was AMAZING. I seriously ate the whole top tier that we opted to bring home. It took me a while, but I did...
    The cake looked beautiful for our vintage chic inspired wedding, and everyone complimented their slices. She was very responsive and super truthful about all questions I asked. I liked her professionalism and the fact that she gets straight to the point.

Sent on 09/09/2014
  • Winnie

Winnie · Married on 05/24/2014

Kelly from Glass slipper gourmet went above and beyond for our cake. I am so impressed! We had an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding and having a whimsical cake is a big part of the event. Not only was the cake delicious but it was beautiful. Kelly sculpted the most amazing cake decorations out of gum sugar from flowers, over size teacup & saucer to a golden pocket watch, the details was amazing! Glass slipper gourmet is professional, informative, taste great and all at a very fair price. You can't go wrong with them.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Kelly was very easy to work with, answered all my emails in a timely manner and our cake was beautiful!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Helen · Married on 03/30/2014

The Glass Slipper Gourmet made my wedding the most special day of my life. Aside from the beautiful presentation of the cake, my guests couldn't get enough of it. I have never seen cake disappear so quickly! People ran back for seconds and even third servings. The filling and frosting were to die for! I had so many guests request the contact information of Kelly (Owner of The Glass Slipper Gourmet). Kelly will be making my baby shower cake and I can imagine many more treats to come!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Helen · Married on 03/30/2014

Kelly, you were such a pleasure to work with! Our guests are still complementing us on our delicious wedding cake. Your idea of including a sheet cake to accommodate the number of guests we were expecting worked like a charm with some cake left over. If we could rate you higher than a 5 we would. Keep up the great work. We are truly excited about working with you on our upcoming baby shower. Can hardly wait to taste the cake you'll be baking for us. Yummy!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Leanne · Married on 10/13/2013

Kelly's cakes are the most beautiful and delicious you will see or taste! Kelly is also a wonderful person and is a joy to work with. She made, delivered, and decorated with fresh flowers on site our daughter's 3 tiered wedding cake a few weeks ago. I would highly recommend Kelly and Glass Slipper Gourmet! She is talented and extremely easy to work with and really cared about fulfilling the dreams of our bride! Thanks so much, Kelly!

mellisa · Married on 10/11/2013

I had looked at wedding cake options through a lot of vendors and was having a hard time on my budget. Glass slipper not only fit my budget but the cake taste and design exceded what I thought my money could afford. She made everything enjoyable and made sure our cake was a elegant statement of both my and my husbands personality!

• Abigail

Abigail · Married on 10/04/2013

Kelly is fantastic!
    We had e-mailed her inquiring about a cake for our wedding. She came to our house for a complimentary cake tasting with about 10 flavors, all were amazing! She told us that she already had an event that day but she could do our cake if she could deliver it at 2pm. We ended up picking two flavors and she decorated it beautifully! She didn't try talking us into decorations or designs that we didn't want. I can't wait until our 1st anniversary so I can dig into that cake again!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Shelley · Married on 09/14/2013

We had a Cinderella Themed Wedding, and Wedding Cake. Kelly O'Brian was the person we chose to make and decorate our cake. Kelly O'brian was and is a very professional baker, and it shows in her work !!! Our wedding cake was OUTSTANDING ... our guests are still raving about it today, as well as the taste and flavors of our cake !!!

Amoung several things that I loved about Glass Slipper Gourmet, besides the professionalism, and the decorating, was the unique flavors of cakes, that Kelly has to offer !!! We had 3 flavors on our wedding cake. One was called Princess Cake, another was an Oreo Cookie Cake, and Honey Bee Mine Cake, which was purple inside like the colors of our wedding. All three of these flavors were EXCELLENT !!! And we have the wonderful pictures to prove it. And we will be willing to show anyone interested in a Cinderella Cake !!!

Donna · Married on 08/24/2013

Kelly at "The Glass Slipper" was so great to work with! Our cake turned out to be exactly what I wanted, even more! The cake for me was my "Big" important thing for our wedding......when I saw the cake I was in awe! It was so beautiful, I did not want to cut into it! Besides, the beauty of my cake, it tasted great! Her cake flavors were all so yummy, but, we decided on three, and were very happy with our selection. Another great benefit of working with Kelly is that her rates are extremely reasonable....it really helped our with our budget, and I got much more of a cake (work of art) working with her than I would have if I went to a bakery.

I highly recommend Kelly and The Glass Slipper as a vendor for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Donna · Married on 05/04/2013

Our cake was WOW! It was like a work of art. Kelly was really creative and attentive to the look we desired. Our wedding was going to be in a wine cave and we wanted a cake that had sugar-coated champagne grape accents. Unfortunately we were getting married when they were not yet in season but Kelly managed to find artificial ones online for us and coat those. I’m telling you – you could NOT tell that they were not real. And the cake was gorgeous (and surely very tasty!). So many of our guests snapped photos of the cake because it was so pretty. . And Kelly was always prompt about emailing back, which I greatly appreciated. Could not have been happier. THANK YOU KELLY!

Sent on 05/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Kelly was amazing from the start, she helped with every detail of the cake planning and was able to implement many styles I liked into one in order to make me the perfect wedding cake! The favors were delicious and I love that the layers are thin so nothing is over powering, but just right! My cake was BEAUTIFUL and tasted amazing. I honestly could not have asked for a more perfect cake and I highly recommend Kelly and Glass Slipper Gourmet for all cake related needs!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Kelly made me a beautiful cake that tasted amazing, she also made a Zelda grooms cake in Mexican hot chocolate, that was a huge hit! highly recommend.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2012

Best cake I ever tasted and so beautiful. I am literally planning party's so that I can order more cakes from Kelly. Best bang for any brides buck!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Kate · Married on 05/12/2012

Glass Slipper Gourmet did our engagement party cake, wedding cake and grooms cake. They were all amazing. First, Glass Slipper Gourmet was able to meet with us on short notice and work around our schedule. It was amazing to find a bakery that was able to give us the time and attention, rather than booking us in a tight window weeks away. The cakes were amazing. We had the rum cake for our wedding cake and mexican hot chocolate for the grooms cake. The cakes were perfect. They also looked amazing and completely matched our theme. We were extremely happy.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Jen · Married on 10/15/2011

My cake was amazing. OMG. Kelly is a fantastic person to work with. She will give you the cake you want!!! Her cakes are a little pricey, compared to other vendors I tried, but worth every penny. SHE DOES NOT USE BOXED CAKES like some vendors ... at least they taste like they do. The cake she made for my wedding was commented on time and time again. People took pictures... it was the best cake they had ever seen or tasted!!! Kelly O'brien is your girl for cakes. She is a true artist and very professional. She is also very kind. We even got to do the cake tasting at our home! How awesome is that??! Also, her cake flavors are not boring and they melt in your mouth. MOISTEST cake ever!!! I would definitely recommend her to anyone anywhere. PERFECTION!!!

Sent on 12/29/2011

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Hi Jen!! Thanks for the fabulous words! It was great fun working with you on your wedding cake, and i am so happy it was just what you wanted! Congratulations and Cheers!!
    ~k

Christina · Married on 09/10/2011

We were recommended to meet with Kelly and try her cakes by a friend. She came to our house and brought several samples for us to try. Let's just say it was hard to just pick 2 flavors. Her cakes are the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted and I am not a cake lover. I thought I would have a hard time finding something but boy was I wrong. When she brought the cake to the wedding I was stunned by how amazing it looked and we got several compliments on how delicious the cake was. Thank you so much for all your help and we WILL be using you for other events in the future.

Sent on 10/03/2011