GlamSquad 702 Reviews

GlamSquad 702 4
GlamSquad 702 5
GlamSquad 702 6

Amanda · Married on 09/26/2010

I used Glamsquad to do my hair and airbrush makeup, my maid of honor's hair and airbrush makeup and my mom's hair and makeup. My mom and maid of honor looked great!! My hair was absolutely perfect too and I had forgotten to get a picture of what I liked, but he did an amazing job just based on my descriptions. I wasn't too keen on the airbrush makeup for me at first because I don't wear makeup often, so my initial reaction was that it was too much. But my pictures turned out great and it didn't look overdone at all.

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2010

Hair came first, she was very fast and did exactly what we wanted. A+, James came right in and got started. We both got airbrushed makeup and I got fake lashes, which lasted all throught the night. Makeup was fabulous. They were both down to business and extremely professional and fast. We still had a couple hours to spare. Even had a mixup with a girl in my party that was suppose to cancel, he was very nice about it. A+

Sent on 09/27/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2010

Glamsquad702 was recommended to me by Viva Las Vegas Weddings.
    The whole booking process was excellent I was able to pay an intial deposit via paypal which was great as it made booking from the UK easy peasy! All e-mails were answered promptly.

Mark Garry & his assistant arrived very promptly to my hotel room.
    I had no idea how I wanted my hair and make up so I left it more or less up to Mark!
    He did an absolutely amazing job I was really, really pleased with the results.
    My Husband & Family were also outstanded by the final hair & make up.

Mark also put my 4 year old daughter's hair up & she looked like a princess!! Mark was brilliant with her & she thought he was great!

Mark & his assistant were both such lovely people & I am so glad they played a part in my Wedding Day!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED *****

Amy · Married on 09/03/2010

My wedding day was absolutely flawless and a large part of that was due to Mark from Glam Squad 702. He was set to arrive at 1 o’clock and was right on time. I was getting a little anxious right before they came. As SOON as I opened the door, I could feel their energy and immediately I was put at ease. He asked me what I wanted and I told him whatever he wanted to do was alright with me. See I’m not one of those hags that insist that this hair be put .015 “ to the east and the only shade of lipstick I will wear is god awful #9. I put my full trust in him, he’s the professional and let me tell you it paid off!

Elise was buzzing about the room setting everything up while Mark started on my hair. I had an absolute ball talking with him and found him to be a very kind, funny and interesting man. THEN, I started talking about my bouquet that I was less than excited about. As I was talking about it I started to panic and Mark and Elise leapt into action! They made multiple phone calls to try to get my flowers changed at the last minute…literally, the wedding was going to start in just under 2 hours! They found the right group that would make me a new bouquet and have it delivered to the chapel on time. I didn’t do it because it was going to be expensive, but the effort they went though really made me feel special. Sensing that I was still feeling not so good about the flowers I would be getting, Mark did everything he could to amp up my excitement once again…totally worked. As soon as I saw my hair I was floored that he could create such an intricate style in such a short amount of time. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!

Then it was time for makeup and the finishing touches. I got false eyelashes, something I don’t do every day. He was very gentle and patient as my eye was twitching. It was quite comical. The time went so fast, before I knew it, it was time for the big reveal. I stood up and looked in the mirror and was absolutely blown away, I almost cried. I have never seen myself like that before and could not believe how glamorous and classy I looked. I went and slipped on my dress and I just stared at myself, simply amazed. Their reaction to the completed look made me feel so good, like nothing could jolt me because I was definitely picture perfect. The only thing I kind of regret is not asking about the air brushing because I had an awful tan line.

We walked around all night long and I got so many compliments on my hair. We had strangers approaching us asking for pictures, women telling me how beautiful I was- head were turning. My poor husband though, when he was walking without me people were asking if he “worked there”. LOL. But, in the end it’s all about the bride, right! For some women self image and self esteem are not an issue. They don’t change 10 times before leaving the house or over fix their hair. I do. What Mark did for me was help me get rid of that anxiety. I felt exactly like every bride dreams about and I couldn’t have done it without him. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Ladies, do yourself a favor. Weddings are stressful, you want everything to be perfect…but, you can’t treat those helping you get ready for the day like they are less than worthy to be in your presence. If you demonstrate compassion, kindness and genuine appreciation your day will be as flawless as mine. If you flip the bitch switch, your day will be remembered as a chaotic and less than happy day. You can’t always get the look you find in a magazine due to the way your hair is cut, your eye shape or the deep wrinkles on your forehead. You should trust in the professionals you hire as they know much more about what it takes to be photo perfect, so much more than you do.

I would recommend and have recommended The Glam Squad to people I know. They are true artists and it really is all about the bride. They not only make you beautiful on the outside, but also boost your inner beauty to help showcase what they have done. And any service that can accomplish all that in 2 hours is world class in my opinion.

Oh, by the way…MY FLOWERS WERE GORGEOUS! Mark was right, they were perfect for my dress, venue and overall look.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Vanessa · Married on 08/16/2010

I came to Vegas to get married without a booking for my hair and makeup as I was never replied to by email with a Salon that was reccommended by the Graceland Chappel. The lovely lady from RentaTux called up her friend Mark and he organized to do my hair and makeup in two days time. He was a life saver. One th Monday he turned up with his assistant spot on the time. I was pretty nervous having a stranger do my hair and makeup as I have owned a Beauty Salon for 15 years and knew what I should expect. His energy the minute he came in was amazing and I felt very relaxed. He was extreamly professional and his assistant organized everything so Mark was left to do his job and that's exactly what he did. I had a trial for my hair in Australia and took photos of how I wanted it done. Mark not only copied it he perfected it and it lasted all night. My make-up was perfect. My eyes beautiful and my eyeliner was the first time it has lasted all night I was so amased I had to know after what did he use and he even gave me tips for it. My make-up lasted all night. I was extreamly happy with Glamsquad702 service and professionalixm and wouldn't hesitate to reccommend them at any time. Thank-you so much Mark again.

alicia · Married on 08/12/2010

I was very pleased with Glam Squad 702. MARK GARRY was great. I was so nervous of letting someone touch my face, in the past my makeup was never done to my satisfaction. This was a totally different experience for me. My husband was even impressed by the time and effort put into making me look beautiful for our wedding. Highly recommended 10 stars out of 5!!! Aside from the great job that was done, Mark had a charismatic personality, Hope to see him when i return to Vegas

Alicia M.J
    Atlanta GA

Caroline · Married on 08/05/2010

I chose to get married in Las Vegas on the 5th August 2010 and had to arrange all the details from my home in England. I have to say Glamsquad702 were AMAZING from the very beginning till the end!

They were recommended to me from my wedding venue and I contacted the salon direct to arrange an appointment for my wedding day. I did not stay in a hotel on the strip for my wedding but choose to hire a Villa so all my family could be there with me. This was located some 5 miles from the main strip. I was worried that this would be too far for the guys to come but Glamsquad702 were fantastic and arranged a time for the makeup artist to arrive so myself, the bridesmaid and my mother could have our hair and makeup done.

On my wedding day I had the pleasure of having Mary Garry to do my hair and make up. Mark and his assistant arrived 15 minutes early to get set up and have a chat to see what sort of hair and make up I wanted for myself and the bridesmaid. From the beginning till the end Mark made me feel special like a bride should be on here wedding day.

My 13 year old step daughter was the bridesmaid and was very nervous about getting her hair and make up done. She was not into beauty and was not keen on having it done. I explained this to Mark and he was fantastic with her and made her feel very relaxed and made jokes with her to make her laugh. I have to say she absolutely loved being pampered and said that having her hair and make up done was one of her favorite parts of the wedding. Her make up was done very natural and her hair was lovely. Since her experience she has become a girly girl which is lovely to see her feel more confident about herself.

I usually don't wear makeup a wanted mine looking very natural. Mark was great and listened exactly to what I wanted. I had never warn false eyelashes before but he chose some which suited my eyes perfectly and were not too big. I explained that I wanted loose curls throughout my hair and I had a veil and tiara to also go in. I had no picture with me to show what I want but Mark created a hairstyle better than what I imagined. When I arrived at my wedding venue all the staff commented on how lovely my hair was.

From my experience Glamsquad702 were fantastic and Mark Garry was the best markup artist I would have wished for. He made me feel relaxed, made me laugh from the beginning till the end, and if it was not for him, my wedding day would not have been the same. I would 100% recommend Glamsquad702. My wedding was fantastic and I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Deana · Married on 07/26/2010

From the time that Mark Garry and his assistant, Elise, walked into our room, I IMMEDIATELY felt I was in the most professional and gifted hands in preparing for my vow renewal ceremony! Mark and Elise arrived on time with smiles on their faces and ready to get started. The first thing Mark said to me was, "while I'm here for the next hour, what can learn about YOU?" Seriously, I don't think ANYONE has ever said that to me, personally or professionally. I was a little nervous and Mark started asking me questions about myself as he worked on my hair. He asked to see my dress and asked if I had any idea how I'd like my hair to be done. Since I'd done this before, I wasn't into being demanding or fussy and I just said "do what you think will look best." ....and BOY did he ever!!! It's hard to explain what he did, but basically he curled large sections of my hair and made them into open pincurls. It was completely off of my face and given nice height in the front. As Mark worked, I learned a lot about him too, not because he was self-focused, but because I asked. Mark is a wonderful, very intelligent man, who is open-minded and open-hearted. We found that we have a lot in common and I thoroughly enjoyed the hour I spent with him. Elise was a great compliment to Mark. She seemed to know just what he needed and when. She was sweet, but very professional and knowledgeable. I chose to add on the fasle eyelashes and I'm soooooooo glad that I did. They made an AMAZING difference in my appearance. (Mark even gave me enough confidence to try false lashes myself at an event that I attended a few months later.) My makeup was FLAWLESS that day for my ceremony. Not only did it hold up in the 101+ degree temps, but I received MANY compliments as my husband and I walked through downtown LV. The maitre'd at Paris even asked where I had gotten my makeup and hair done. To ME, that is the GREATEST of compliments coming from someone who probably sees a large number of brides each week. She could have just said "oh you look, pretty," but instead she took special notice of a fabulous job done by Mark and his crew. Thanks to glamsquad702, my day was as special as the first time around and Mark will be a lifetime friend.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Carol · Married on 07/17/2010

Mark & team were awesome!! They are visionaries in creating the best look for you on your wedding day!! Can't wait to go back to Vegas and have Mark glam me up again!! :)

Sent on 09/24/2014

Lynette · Married on 06/12/2010

Mark & his crew from the glam squad did hair & makeup for my wedding party on 6/12/10,and what a fabulous job they did! Not only was Mark & his assistant very professional, ...they were a lot of fun!!! My hair & make up was absolutely flawless. The energy that Mark brought into my suite with him, was greatly appreciated, he calmed my nerves and helped me to focus on what was important, that I was going to marry my best friend that day. He also stayed while I got dressed, helped me with my veil, called down to have my car brought around and made sure that house keeping cleanded and prepared my suite for our return after the reception! Amazing service for sure! So my advice to the world is, any one who's fortunate enough & able to book the Glam Squad for your special occasion, should BOOK THEM! You won't be sorry!! Thank you Mark for making my special day amazing! All my Aloha to Mark & the GlamSquad!

Amy · Married on 06/12/2010

I would absolutley recommend GlamSquad702 for anything from a night out on the town to my wedding day. I had Mark Garry and his assistant. I believe her name was Esther. I love, love, loved them!!! They were very professional, punctual, and affordable. I was reffered to them by a friend and I am really glad I chose them. They asked me what colors I was going to be wearing and made sure that my makeup and hair was done accordingly. I couldn't believe how prepared they were!! I felt like an absolute princess! Mark and Esther told me exactly what they were doing each step of the way when doing my hair and makeup.I was very pleased with Mark's quality work. He also gave me some makeup tips I can use everyday! I got married in Las Vegas and I live in California. They came to my hotel room and did my hair and makeup there which made it really easy to get ready. Mark showed up on time and was excited to get to work! I loved that! It got me excited too. I was really glad to hear that they will travel!!! :) My sister is getting married next year and we are definatley going to hire them again for hair and makeup for my sister's bridal party! I'm so excited I can't wait!

Sent on 10/22/2010
  • MaryN*****Thanks for that 5th Star*****

Mary · Married on 05/19/2010

I was going to do my own makeup, but decided 2 weeks before the wedding to call Glamsquad. Luckily Esther was available to do my makeup. She is a sweetheart and did a great job. My hair and makeup lasted all day and look fabulous in my pics. Glamsquad is another vendor that is always recommended and again it is obvious why, they provide great service and have amazing artists.

Sent on 05/27/2010
  • evamcgillivray

Eva · Married on 03/24/2010

Hair & Makeup: Glamsquad :: A+
    I hired Glamsquad for my hair, airbrush makeup and eyelashes.
    ♥ Everyone who was there and who watched the webcast was amazed at my hair and makeup...and so was I. It was just what I wanted...and more.
    ♥ Nisha was sweet, gentle and explained exactly what she was doing. I showed her a photo on my phone and she made me feel like a movie star...and the eyelashes were worth $25.

NOTE: If you get airbrush makeup, be aware it may rub off on the inside of your dress.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Sherri · Married on 02/15/2010

Before we headed out the Vegas I kept asking my friends and family if they could do hair? Everyone told me they were not good at it. My fiancee said I should have it done professionally? About 2 weeks before the wedding I was told about Glamsquad from Little Chapel of Flowers. I made the appointment through them.
    I was very nervous when James arrived at our hotel to do hair and makeup. He asked me how I wanted my hair and I showed him some ideas but, basically let him be creative. Wow! my hair has never looked so good! Now I must admit when I saw the makeup I was in shock as I do not wear a lot of makeup. James told me that he did it dramatic so it would show up in natural light.
    Our pictures and videos are amazing! My husband said he has never seen my eyes look so sultry and loved it!
    Most of all I was able to get ready with ease I only had to put on my dress and was relaxed before the wedding instead of running around trying to make myself look good.
    James you did an Awesome job!!!! I would recommend Glamsquad702 to all brides. Thanks so much. Tom & Sherri Starkey

Sent on 02/21/2010

Shawn · Married on 10/10/2009

Glam Squad was a life saver. i had no idea where to go to get my hair and make up done in las vegas that wasnt going to cost me an arm and a leg. My chapel reccommended Glam Squad and I was thrilled. My beautician was awesome. She did exactly what i wanted and handled the crazy flower girl as well.

Sent on 10/15/2009

Ashleigh · Married on 10/10/2009

Very happy with the services that James provided me with for my wedding. My pictures turned out beautiful. I loved my hair and my makeup!

Sent on 12/15/2009

Chelsea · Married on 10/09/2009

Make up: James is FABULOUS! Everything that you have heard about him is true. I originally thought that I was spending too much on hair and makeup but I am so glad that I did, James is worth EVERY penny. I had normal makeup & false eyelashes applied and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. My mother had promised to do my little sisters hair and makeup and then at the last minute backed out and said she didn't have the time. James was so sweet and helped me out with her and she looked just as beautiful as the rest of us.
    Hair: Unfortunately for the life of me, I can not remember the girl�s name that did our hair. She was however, just as fabulous as James. I got so many compliments, I felt like a princess. My hair and veil stayed in place all day without one problem.

Sent on 11/27/2009

Emily · Married on 04/11/2009

Nisha did my hair and makeup.. she was amazing! I gave her a picture and she copied the look exactly. She's super easy to work with and knows her stuff. I was totally impressed and would recommend her to any bride! I would recommend upgrading to the airbrush, it took all my flaws away and you couldn't even tell I was wearing anything.. my pictures turned out 100 times better than I thought, because of her, which made the cost totally worth it.

Sent on 05/01/2009

Alison · Married on 08/31/2008

James and Mark were OUTSTANDING!!!! They were professional, friendly, and lots of fun! They did hair and makeup for myself, my sister, my mom and mother-in-law and had us all beautiful within about two hours. We all just adored them and were so thrilled with how we looked. They really took exceptional care of us and I would recommend them to anyone, any day, anytime. Also, the lady who booked the appointment (can't remember her name) was so sweet, helpful and friendly. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

Sent on 10/09/2008

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2008

Such a great experience. They came directly to my room and did myself, my mother and sister. Everyone looked fabulous!

Sent on 12/20/2008

Jessica · Married on 02/29/2008

I booked James as soon as I could. I knew they'd be busy and I wanted to be sure I got him. He and his assistant came and both were just wonderful! We had the girls' hair and makeup done in no time. James made us all look gorgeous. I totally recommend him.

Sent on 05/14/2008

Jennifer · Married on 11/15/2007

James arrived bright and early (5:30 a.m.!) to get my MOH, my mom, and myself ready. He was absolutely amazing! He got right to work and and made us all look amazing - all I did was show him a pic of the hair I wanted and he recreated it without a problem. The lipstick that he blended for me stayed on all day even with all of the kisses. He even upgraded me to airbrush and gave my mom and MOH fake lashes for free. IMO, he doesn't charge nearly as much as he is worth!

Sent on 12/26/2007

Leanne · Married on 11/10/2007

Just great. On time, courteous, fun, makeup turned out great in photos--just wonderful,

Sent on 11/30/2007

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2007

I can't say enough for James. He is fantastic. In no time at all he was able to take a picture that I pointed out and make it me. I was amazed. I didn't even talk to him about it and he created a beauty. He was able to cover my tattoo and the two other girls. He didn't like the way he did it and said he didn't feel right charging. Even my brother in law was amazed at his work. Everyone stood in awe. He looked at my neice with very short hair and was able to make it look like she had much more and find a style that fit her. She does hair and was in love wit his work. My cousin who wasn't scheduled to get her make-up done was quickly squeezed in and we still made it to the wedding on time. My family could have ate him up. We love you James and will forever swear by him.

Sent on 10/04/2007

jackie · Married on 05/07/2007

James did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup. He chose makeup to completent my dress and the "look" I wanted. He easily understood the hairstyle I desired. He was easy to book, on time, and professional. His prices are competetive and worth every penny!

Sent on 11/19/2007