47 Reviews for Glam By Shekiba

Contour Makeup (7)
Fake Lashes (7)
Hair Extensions (2)
Textured Styling (1)

Couldn’t be happier! I was 100% pleased and I’m super picky!

Profile Picture Nasim, 7/12/27, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Updos/Styling

Hey love! Thank you so much for how beautiful you made me look on my big day, I absolutely loved everything about the makeup and how sweet and understanding and easy going you were! You made me feel so comfortable with everything you were doing and I got soooo many complements from everyone and my face was flawless allll night, I appreciate everything you did! Will for sure come back to you again, thank you so much once again!!❤️❤️

Profile Picture Saba, 7/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I absolutely loved everything she did for me! She was super professional and accommodating. I have a very specific look in mind and she took that and made it 100 times better. I spent the whole night getting compliments from people asking who did my hair and makeup- they were blown! I was more than happy to pass on Shekiba’s info.

A total sweetheart and if you’re doubting her abilities, don’t bother? Her quality of work is worth every penny.

Profile Picture Saima, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba is fantastic. She mainly specializes in Middle Eastern women, but I have dark features and love a strong eyebrow, so I ultimately booked her on the recommendation of a friend. Shekiba is very sweet and can do any hair and makeup that you show her you want. I had my makeup/hair done at about 9:30am, ran all around Washington DC in the June heat, and my hair and makeup did not budge at all by the time I collapsed in the hotel around 1:30am. My photographer was very impressed. Shekiba drove to our hotel with her "glam squad" and did the hair and makeup of my mom and four bridesmaids, most of whom are fair/blonde. They were a little worried because Shekiba's instagram features mostly dark featured women, but the glam squad made everyone look wonderful regardless of their coloring--everybody loved their look (my mom even changed her FB picture to her look that day!).

My wedding planner wanted a contract, but Shekiba didn't have one. I wrote one up and she worked with me to craft language we both agreed on. I think she mainly books clients based on recommendations, but I hope my review helps you decide on Shekiba...check out her instagram!

Profile Picture Candice, 6/2/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

I honestly don’t know where to start with this review, but I guess it’ll be here: Shekiba was hands down the best part of my entire weekend! She was beyond accommodating - I was sick for most of the wedding and she rearranged her schedule, waited on me, and even let me get in a bit of sleep before beginning the beautification process. Now onto her brilliance. I don’t really love getting my makeup done because I always feel like it’s too intense. Makeup artists for Indian brides typically cake on the foundation, thicken the liner, and end up making you look like a wax figure. Shekiba did exactly the opposite - she was able to elevate my look without going too heavy, all while adding special touches that people could not stop raving about! I was floored by how perfect she was able to make me look, especially under time constraints.
And now for the extras. Long story short, my photographers failed to take any pictures of me with my bridesmaids and took pretty tragic “getting ready” pictures in general. Shekiba, on the other hand, stepped right in and took some of the best photos of the entire wedding! I will actually be using her photos in my official wedding album. She’s also just a gorgeous human, inside and out! Without her, I wouldn’t have survived my wedding weekend. Do a trial with her early!!! You won’t regret it!

Profile Picture Ariana, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Simply put, Sheikhba is amazing at what she does! I am a perfectionist when it comes to hair and had requested very detailed and unique looks for each one of my wedding events (mehndi, wedding, & ceremony). I'm extremely happy and thankful to say that Sheikhba delivered nothing short of magic and perfection for all my wedding looks. She is very detailed oriented and takes the time to get you the look exactly as you want it, if not better! She also went the extra mile to crimp any extensions and prepare the buns to be used for my hair in advance since I had a jam-packed schedule which I greatly appreciated. I highly recommend Sheikhba for any event and will plan to use her again for future events. Thank you so much for taking part in making all my events flawless

Profile Picture Twinkle, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing service. So professional and inviting. My hair looked so beautiful! Will definetly be coming back again and again!

Profile Picture Gul, 5/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. I got so many compliments and my wedding pictures look amazing! Will highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Narges , 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba is hands down the most amazing hair/make up artist in the whole DMV area. I visited the east coast from San Francisco for an event and scheduled a hair appointment with shekiba. Following her on Instagram I scrolled through her work and fell in love! She was so sweet and so professional, not to mention gorgeous! Her work is truly the best of the best! Her work on her Instagram is exactly what you see! She envisions the style and look you want and brings it to life! I wish I could give her more stars! I got so many compliments on my hair the night of the event. I tipped her an extra $25. She’s set as my hair and make up artist for my wedding day as well, I only trust her ❤️ Love you Shekiba Joon!

Profile Picture Pakizah, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba was great! I had 2 trials with her for make up and hair that went great so I decided to stick with her for all my wedding events: Mehndi, Nikkah, Wedding day and Walima. All the days were back to back and Shekiba was great to work with. I loved my hair and make up on all the days and I received so many compliments and everyone asking who did my make up and hair. Shekiba helped to ensure that I didn't have the 'same look' for every day also. She is not only a great make up and hair artist but she is easy to talk to also and makes you feel at home! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Maha, 2/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba did an amazing job on my hair and all my bridesmaids hair. We are Egyptian and that means our hair is more difficult to tame. She knocked it out of the park! Not only did our hair look spot on, but it was heavily raining the day of our wedding and every girls hair lasted through that and dancing the night away at a five hour reception. We all looked and felt our best thanks to Shekiba’s excellent and talented work! Highly recommend :)

Profile Picture Germeen, 2/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba did my hair and face for my engagement photo shoot. She did a great job and I loved it. She is a real Artist. I highly recommend her to any bride and for any event. I already booked her for my wedding in January 20.

Profile Picture Bita, 1/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

It was such a pleasant experience getting my hair and makeup done by Shekiba. She was professional, accommodating, well skilled and respectful of how I wanted my hair and makeup done. I got my hair and make up done for a wedding. I’m so glad I found her and definitely recommend her to family and friends. Thank you!

Profile Picture Mariam, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a great experience getting my hair and makeup done by Shekiba. She was caring, professional and listened to what I wanted. The makeup and hair lasted for more than 12 hours. Very impressed with her work and definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture Fati, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba is the most sweetest, flexible, and talented hair and make-up artist!! She listened to my ideas and created amazing looks for both my Indian wedding and reception. I didn't have a trial session and she still nailed it! I received so many compliments (esp for my hair styles). I highly recommend her (esp if you're picky about hairstyles).

Profile Picture Manali, 12/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

On time, caring, concerned about quality and satisfaction. Well done.

Profile Picture Samin, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Dear Shekiba Thank you so much for doing such an amazing job on my hair and make-up. Everything looked flawless all three days and I got so many compliments. all thanks to you! I really appreciate that you were able to travel. It made it so much easier for me and my family. I look forward to using your services for future events. From SANOBIA

Profile Picture Sanobia, 12/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

She did an amazing job doing my hair and makeup. I got a lot of compliments!! Even though she was fully booked, I made an appointment last minute and she fit me in. Looking forward to book her again for next events! -Moghda Sarwari

Profile Picture Moghda , 12/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba is patient, perfecting and professional! She takes time to listen to what you want and makes sure you leave happy! Went to her for an updo and left feeling beautiful. I’m definitely going back to her for the next event!!

Profile Picture Somaya, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I hired Shekiba for my engagement and she did such a fantastic job that I hired her again for my wedding. She did my hair and makeup and was also able to fit in 6 family members. She worked ALL day without a single complaint! Her work is absolutely stunning and I definitely recommend her for your next big event.

Profile Picture Madina, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba was amazing to work with! I hired her for my bridal hair. She really listened to what I wanted for my hairstyles for each event and gave suggestions. She is so talented and I look forward to getting my hair done from her in the future! ❤️

Profile Picture Anum, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't thank Shekiba enough for doing such an amazing job with my hair for my anniversary party. She was able to suggest the perfect brand and style of hair extensions to create the perfect blend for the style I was going for. She was also very accommodating to all my requests while doing my hair since I did not have a previous trial with her. I highly recommend her for your next event...you'll be very happy with her work. Thank you again, Shekiba!

Profile Picture Fara, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shekiba did my hair and makeup for an engagement this past summer. She was able to replicate the exact look I was going for. I have very thick long hair and my updo stayed put through the night. I received so many compliments on my hair/makeup. I definitely recommend using her services for your next upcoming event.

Profile Picture Shadia, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

What can I say that’s not good about Shekiba?! She’s the combination of everything you’re looking for as a bride! I was an OCD bride/planner and I needed vendors who would be on time, professional, and good at their job. Shekiba was early! She brought all of her stuff to my house and was super flexible in terms of set up. She put on fun music to set the mood and get me pumped about my day. She also was super sweet to my fam and friends. We had a great time and in the end I looked beautiful on my wedding day!! I would highly highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Jenine, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup