Girl Meets Cake Reviews

Girl Meets Cake 5
Girl Meets Cake 6
Girl Meets Cake 7

Jeff · Married on 04/09/2016

Misty created a cake that was visually stunning and elegant, and absolutely delicious. She worked with us to create an Art Deco design that suited our style, and customized flavors that pleased our families' diverse cultures. We found her prices to be very reasonable. I can't wait for our first anniversary, because we are going to have her recreate part of that cake for us. Misty helped make our wedding day PERFECT, down to the last delectable morsel!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Jeff & Dinh!! I am so overjoyed that you loved the cake because I enjoyed making it so much. I wish you all the best in your marriage & look forward to making your anniversary cake. ~Misty
  • Jonalyn

Jonalyn · Married on 08/01/2015

This review is based on our cake tasting, since I cannot write a fair review of the cake on the day of my wedding because I didn't really eat any. :/ There were some slices of wedding cake that were left out throughout the night, & I tasted the chocolate marble cake the morning after our wedding. It was just as delicious, albeit drier. I think that had something to do with the cake being left out, but again, this review is mostly for the tasting. We really enjoyed working with Misty (the owner), & she even discounted one of her 3-tier cakes, the one we eventually chose. While our budget only allowed for 1 cupcake for each guest w/ other cake bakers, we could get a FULL three-tier cake (no dummy tiers) for a little over our budget with her. She used cupcakes for her tasting, & the cake was moist and — the frosting. Now, I am not a fan of frosting. But Misty’s frostings were so delicious. We were in her home, so if we wanted to try something other than what we selected, she went back to her kitchen to grab a cupcake in that flavor and just fill it in.

She was so much fun, and her humor matched our humor. Every flavor we tasted was really good; it was hard to select a combination that we could agree on. Misty helped guide us with her suggestions and reminded us that we would have a 3-tier cake, so we could have different flavors for our guests with different palates. I e-mailed her about taking her up on her offer of borrowing one of her stands. The stands she had though were a bit too rustic for my taste, so she actually offered to buy a cake stand that better aligned with my vision just to add to her collection as well!

There was a point in time right after we booked with her when I was asking her about a contract, and I didn't hear back from her in at least a week. I came to find out she was on vacation, but I wished I would've known that beforehand. I was worried I would have to look for other cake bakers. Overall, great cake baker. And she came on time!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Alyssa · Married on 05/16/2015

Misty is just as sweet as her cakes! We hired her for our wedding to make three different cakes (red velvet, chocolate chip marble, vanilla with raspberry filling) and some strawberry cupcakes and all of them were SO delicious and beautiful! Our guests could not stop raving about them! With such beautiful, delicious, and affordable cakes, I would recommend Girl Meets Cake to any bride looking for a baker!

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • elaina

elaina · Married on 05/02/2015

Where do I start?..... Misty was absolutely wonderful! From the first point of contact, I knew we had chosen the right company to make our wedding cake. She and her team are very responsive, professional, and not to mention AMAZING at what they do!! My husband and I wanted our cake to be a spectacular in the way it looked and tasted. We met with Misty and gave her our ideas from the cake flavors, design, and even the cake stand. Misty went above and beyond by hand crafting a custom cake stand for us that fit our vision. It definitely WOW'd us and our guests! We are still getting compliments on how amazing the cake was. (I uploaded a picture of our cake to my page) It really made our day complete. Thank you Misty!!!

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • KristenMeowza

Kristen · Married on 10/04/2014

One word: YUM! We loved our cupcakes for our wedding day from Misty! My husband doesn't even like sweets and he ate one. I even bought little to-go containers for guests and so many people took one home with them! I was getting pictures the next day of guests eating cupcakes in their hotel room. The cake was beautiful and everything was so moist and delicious. Misty made an assortment of dogwood, cherry blossoms and other fondant flowers along with different color frostings to help distinguish the different cupcake flavors. She even made a sign for them which was a huge lifesaver!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Maria · event on 06/08/2014

This is the second time that I ordered cake from Girl Meets Cake. The first time was for my daughter's Sweet Sixteen and this time was for her graduation. I can very well say that I was completely satisfied not only with the cake but with Misty's service as well. I gave her ideas on what I want as far as designs and colors and she would come up with the perfect cake for these very special occasions. The cakes were always the highlight of our party and we got lots of compliments from our guests. We all love Misty's cake!
    I would highly recommend her to those who are looking for an inexpensive and impressive cake.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Hm1230 · Married on 12/30/2018

Thrilled about our gorgeous & delicious wedding cake!

After a dear friend surprised me with a stunning and delicious cake by Misty for my bridal shower, I knew I wanted another cake by Misty for our wedding day. Not only was Misty kind and flexible to work with, she suggested some beautiful ideas after hearing what I hoped for and on our wedding day, we enjoyed a beautiful and most importantly- a tasty cake that our guests raved about again. Misty was also kind enough to offer to deliver our cake to our venue and decorate it with fresh flowers that we prepared. Overall, it was an absolute pleasure working with Misty and this certainly won’t be our last time ordering an amazing cake from Girl Meets Cake!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Girl Meets Cake 8

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Hiba! I was honored to make both of your cakes. I enjoyed working with you so much & am thrilled that you loved your them.

I wish you all the best!
    Misty
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2018

Y'all. Misty is amazing. She is so kind, enthusiastic, and creative. She will be making our wedding cake in November, but we asked for a last minute engagement party cake earlier this month, and holy crap did she deliver. It was huge, delicious, fresh, and an absolute stunner. She's also the most flexible and enthusiastic of all the cake vendors that we talked to. I seriously can't recommend her enough. <3

Sent on 05/22/2018

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Wow Amanda - this seriously made my day!! I am so glad that you guys loved the cake. I can't wait for November for the big one to make it's debut. Thanks so much - you guys are the best!

Theresa · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful cake

I hired Misty to make my wedding cake with a simple design. The cake looked gorgeous and tasted great! It came out exactly the way we discussed. She offers a very affordable rate (that you cannot find anywhere else around this area) and even let me borrow a giant cake stand for free. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Chantel · Married on 07/21/2018

Besides the name of her business being so cute, she is the best! I worked with Misty for my summer wedding and she was amazing. The cake was the best I ever had. It literally disappeared off the cake table lol. Luckily, we kept the top layer for ourselves or I would not have gotten any. If you are looking for a marvelous price and some one you can count on, choose Misty!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Girl Meets Cake 9
    Girl Meets Cake 10
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2017

Misty is incredibly talented! She generously baked and delivered samples for our parents to try. She created a wonderful surprise brownie groom’s cake for our rehearsal dinner, everyone was impressed with the WWE ring! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful! It fit our color scheme perfectly, and our guests loved the three unique, delicious flavors. We are still enjoying the oreo/marble layer a week later; her marshmallow fondant is a revelation. It can take some persistence to get in touch with her, but Girl Meets Cake is totally worth it!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Girl Meets Cake 11
    Girl Meets Cake 12

Sara · Married on 08/20/2016

First and foremost - I was absolutely in LOVE with the way my wedding cake turned out, both in terms of how it looked and how it tasted! All of our guests raved about it as well. Misty was so wonderful and easy to work with and she was so helpful with helping us choose our flavors, coming up with two flavor combinations that were incredibly delicious. You also cannot beat the value - best prices in the area. Thank you again Misty for making the most perfect wedding cake for our special day. I couldn't have asked for anything better! We highly recommend this vendor!!

Sent on 09/11/2016
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/28/2016

Misty is awesome! Her cake is delicious and her creative process is second to none. Just describe your vision and she will make it come to life!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Tabatha · event on 02/20/2016

I asked for an 80's themed cake and cupcakes for my husbands 40th birthday. I showed her some designs I liked and she shared some designs and ideas with me as well. Didn't take us long to narrow down a cake that was perfect for my husband. She went above and beyond what I asked her to do. I was so impressed. The cake and cupcakes were delicious. We don't typically like the taste of fondant but hers was actually good. We didn't eat a lot of it but it definitely was edible. The fondant is super easy to get off your cake slices and the icing is right underneath. I was nervous about using her company because I didn't know anyone who had gotten cakes from her before. There was no need to feel nervous because everything was amazing.
    She may not get back to you as quickly as you would like, but she will get back to you. You have to remember you are working on one party, and she is working on many. Just sit back and relax, she will get back to you and you will love what she does for you.

Sent on 02/22/2016
  • User6200200 · 2+ years ago

Girl Meets Cake was wonderful!
    They worked with us to come up with something that was elegant yet within our budget! They made sure the cupcake and cake display matched our winter wonderland themed wedding!

I would definitely recommend this vendor for delicious buttercream cake!

Wishing them all the best!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Linda · Married on 11/13/2015

The event was actually a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. There were over 100 guests so we had cookies in addition to the cupcakes and the grooms' cake topper. The price was very good, the flavors, which we picked ahead of time, were delicious. They provided all we needed to carry the cupcakes to the venue and it all set up easily. Misty was meticulous in fitting the design to the personalities of the bride and groom, who are both very active in sports and cross fit.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Taylor · Married on 10/04/2015

Misty was just fabulous as our cake baker. We asked for a pumpkin flavored, "naked" cake and that is exactly what we got. We showed her some pictures for inspiration, and she took those and ran with it. Our cake came out better than the inspiration. We could not be happier with her work. I would absolutely recommend this baker for your next cake!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Amy · Married on 07/18/2015

Delicious! We got SO many compliments on how great our cake and cupcakes looked and tasted! Thank you so much, Girl Meets Cake! We enjoyed the whole process working with them. They made everything easy and fun. We told Misty we were thinking of a DC theme for the reception, and she came up with all sorts of ideas for designing the cake and cupcakes. We had picked out flavors for the tasting, but Misty also gave us several filling options that we hadn't even considered. She worked with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, and exactly what we needed. At the reception, we pointed out the table for everything to be set up, and came back to find an amazing display, with a three-tiered cake (plus Capitol dome) surrounded by 150 cherry blossom topped cupcakes. We have recommended Girl Meets Cake to friends and co-workers and will continue to do so.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Misty was great to work with and so reasonably priced. Our cake was delivered on time and just what we asked for. The best part, her cakes are delicious and moist, not something always associated with wedding cakes. I would highly recommend Girl Meets Cake!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Sara · Married on 06/21/2014

Misty was so excited to help me find just the right design and look for our cake. Not only was it a beautiful job. the cake was absolutely delicious! High marks from everyone. Use her, she's AWESOME!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Rachel · event on 04/26/2014

Misty from Girl Meets Cake does AMAZING work!!! She is absolutely talented and very professional! I got a 2-tiered birthday cake done for a 80's themed skating party and everyone loved her design. She free styled and it was perfect! Even three days later, we're still eating and it's as fresh as the day I cut into it. I would HIGHLY recommend her for any event you'd want a UNIQUE and GORGEOUS cake!!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Allison · Married on 09/03/2017

3.5

I am not a dessert person so I am hard to impress, but from the first moment I bit into Misty’s cake at our cake tasting, I was blown away. Her cakes are delicious, the best cake I have ever eaten. Misty has a bunch of cake and frosting flavors and is totally flexible on any combinations you would like. We had a three-layer cake and each layer was a different flavor and each was absolutely delicious. Misty delivers the cake to your venue and has cake stands you can use. And she is very affordable!! It was a pleasure working with Misty, I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

leslie · Married on 09/25/2016

Misty is so lovely and an AMAZING baker! She spent a long time with us figuring out exactly what we wanted and the cake was delicious! Not to mention that she is an incredible value for what she does! She can sometimes be a little bit slow with email, but in general she was great and super professional! I'd definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Lindsey Bass · Married on 06/08/2019

3.0

Delicious and beautiful!

Girl Meets Cake provided us with a very affordable cake for our wedding. Misty was enthusiastic from the start and was very creative embracing our outdoors theme for our cake. Her cake and frosting flavors are delicious. While very friendly in person, Misty was a bit difficult to get in touch with, and it's likely because she invests a lot of time to make a lot of fabulous cakes. Even though we do wish communication were smoother, we are very pleased with our wedding cake and highly recommend Girl Meets Cake!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Girl Meets Cake 13

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thanks so much Lindsey! I loved the design of your cake & am so happy that you were both pleased with it.
    May and June are my busiest months of the year & I definitely struggled emailing back as fast as I would have liked during that time. I am sorry that you were disappointed in my level of service on that front. I will use it as a learning tool for future clients.
    Congrats again & thank you,
    Misty

Nedj · Married on 09/29/2017

3.0

Misty was a gem I found on WeddingWire. When I first contacted her, we set up a tasting at her house where she let me bring my husband and my niece (who loves baking) to come. She let us try different flavors of cakes and showed us a slideshow of cakes she had previously made. We told her our love for buttercream frosting and she helped us narrow down ideas to create a vision for the cake. In the end we settled with a 3 tiered cake- 1st tier was a cream cheese pound cake with raspberry filling, 2nd tier was a chocolate chip marble pound cake with chocolate buttercream, and 3rd tier was a classic vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. We did rosettes for the 1st tier with beading on the other tiers. It was so simple, yet beautiful and delicious! It was perfect. We could even order our cake topper through her, as she worked closely with an Etsy shop. Misty was so great that I even recommended her to my sister who used her for her "Naturalization" party and Misty made her an American flag cake with the cream cheese pound cake and raspberry filling to celebrate. She loved it!! My mother-in-law also used her for the rehearsal dinner where she did a "grooms cupcake" tower with all of my husband's favorite Atlanta sports teams. She is so flexible and offers great ideas and executes them so well. The only small issue was communication - but I know it was because she probably had her hands full with making cakes but if you can't get in touch with her through email, your best bet is to text her or call! Lastly, a few days before the wedding, we realized we had a larger guest count than anticipated and she made the cakes larger & wider- free of charge! Thank you Misty for everything- you will forever be my family's new cake lady! (& We LOVE cakes ;))

Sent on 12/07/2017