Giovanni The Photographer Reviews

Giovanni The Photographer 6
Giovanni The Photographer 7
  • O

Otuko · Married on 04/29/2017

Giovanni was excellent for our engagement photos & wedding! He was professional, personable & had great creative ideas for the perfect shot. I would recommend Giovanni for your wedding and engagement photos!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks so much Otuko!! I had a blast at your wedding!!!

Latoya · event on 04/24/2017

I did a photo shoot with giovanni the photographer and I have to say it was one of the best experience i ever had, he was very patient with my energetic 3 yr old. The location was awesome; his professionalism and his equipment was top of the line which resulted in great breath taking pictures. I will definitely recommend him to anyone who looking for a great photographer.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

It was great to work with you, I'm happy you enjoyed my quality!

Claudie · Married on 04/02/2017

I was having a bridal shower for my daughter and I wanted to add a photo both. I emailed different people and I decided to go with Giovanni the photographer. He answered all my questions and called me a week before in order for both of us to be on the same page. Giovanni was very professional, had a lot of props and was very patient and helpful. The photo booth added a new dimension to the bridal shower. I would recommend Giov

Sent on 04/04/2017

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm so happy to have been apart of Annie's bridal shower.

Paulina · Married on 02/26/2017

Giovanni did a great job with our engagement and wedding photo shoot. We were lucky to find him available for our wedding day since it was planned in a short time period. Giovanni is very flexible, punctual, organized and with a great carism to make of your important day a better experience. Thank you for all you did for us.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Brenda · event on 11/07/2016

Giovanni I would like to Thank you for the awesome photos you took of my son for his senior pictures...Thank you for making the raining day look so fabulous with your lighting. I absolutely loved loved the pictures....my son felt so comfortable in being himself while you capture great shots that are so memorable. I really appreciated the fact that you were so flexible with our work schedule to get these photos done. You're the BEST...again Thank you.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Terrell · Married on 10/01/2016

Giovanni was exactly who we needed on our wedding day. Like many couples we ran into some stressful situations including delays and weather issues, and through out the entire ordeal Giovanni remained calm, professional, and made sure to keep the atmosphere light and happy. It made all the difference in the world. He made sure to give us his ideas for filming but made it very clear we shouldn't do anything we weren't comfortable with. To be honest, we would recommend him 100% based solely on his professionalism but now that we have our wedding video we could say with certainty that we made the right choice when hiring him. The video turned out beautiful and he captured moments that simply could not be captured by a photographer alone. Do yourself a favor and hire Giovanni, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words!

elsa · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I hired Giovanni The Photographer for our Valentines Day wedding at Saphire Estate in Sharon, MA. Giovanni was our photographer and he had such a fun, easy-going personality. We were tight on time and with the sun going down but he made sure to get all our "must have" photos in each location we requested. We've only seen photos Giovanni had on his site for review but we already LOVE them.
    They are absolutely breathtaking photos and if that's our sneak peak, we can't wait to see the rest of them. Giovanni is a true professional and knows what he's doing. Diana was his assistant and she was there all day and night with us as well.
    Overall, from start to finish, working with Giovanni has been great. After with speaking with him on the phone we knew we had to go with him. He would capture our wedding in amazing photos that we'll have for the rest of our lives. Giovanni was professional and very responsive to any questions my husband and I had regarding our contract or process.
    If you go to Giovanni's website, it's obvious the team there is truly talented and creative. If you want photos that capture your day or your moment you should go with Giovanni The Photographer. He was absolutely perfect and a joy to work him!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed working with you!

Giovanni was fantastic to work with from start to finish. He was flexible, professional and courteous. He puts a lot of passion into his work and will work tirelessly to ensure you are satisfied with the end result. His pricing was extremely reasonable and once more people learn about this hidden gem, he will be very difficult to book in this highly competitive space. Giovanni - thank you for capturing all of the special moments of our wedding and sending us two videos so we will enjoy these precious memories for years to come!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Anni · Married on 09/18/2016

Giovanni the Photographer did the videography for three of my Bengali/Muslim wedding festivities. Giovanni is an extremely talented and perfectly professional photographer/videographer. To top it off, he is an amazing person to work with. Giovanni made this extremely stressful time incredibly easier by just "getting it". He is smart and he understood me and gave me exactly what I wanted in my videos. He captured every memory and he engaged with the guests and really contributed to the event with his positive attitude. Please see the video highlights in his website of my event.
    Giovanni honestly went above and beyond and even made suggestions of how to improve the scene and lighting. Giovanni communicated very well and was extremely accommodating. I will cherish the happy moments of my wedding for the rest of my life thanks to Giovanni the Photographer.
    Special note for my fellow Bengali/Indian/Pakisani brides, I gave Giovanni a playlist of songs to use, all Bengali and Hindi, and he implemented the songs into the video so perfectly, its crazy. I encourage you to choose Giovanni the Photographer for your video needs. His photography is also amazing.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Maddie · Married on 09/04/2016

Giovanni is so amazing! Our video came out perfect!! My guests loved that he stayed out of their way while capturing the best day of our lives. Love love love his work!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Ainu · Married on 09/03/2016

we hired Giovanni for our wedding and it was the best decision ever. He made the entire shoot so comfortable. Our video came out amazing the quality and the way he captures all our special moments is just amazing. He was very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Giovanni for your events. G

Sent on 12/02/2016

Brandy · Married on 08/19/2016

Giovanni was amazing! We hired him to do our wedding video less than a month before the date. He was very responsive on thumbtack and doubled checked the time and date before the wedding. He was so easy to get ahold of and talk to if I needed to tell him anything before the wedding. The day of our wedding he was there on time and so friendly and professional to everyone who met him. He was so easy to work with during the wedding! It took less than a week for us to receive our video and the video came out amazing! I'm so excited to have this to look back on for years to come! If you're looking for a great person with great products look no further Giovanni will definitely capture all of the special moments on your day!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Vincent · Married on 08/14/2016

Book him as soon as possible. Be detailed with your outfit.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed working with you! I was so happy to help you with your outfits :)

Christine · Married on 08/12/2016

Giovanni was very professional, attentive and has a great personality. Since our first interaction on Thumbtack to meeting him in person and his completion of work, he has been a wonderful addition to our wedding vendor list. His work is outstanding and the final product (video) made me cry. Giovanni was hired by us for for video only, but I can tell you he does a fantastic job with video and photography. His work is outstanding and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Christine, you are the sweetest. I know you and Joe will have the best life together forever!

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2016

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! Giovanni was the best! My fiancé and I had our engagement photos with Giovanni and Diana and they made us feel so comfortable and natural the whole time. I was apprehensive about the whole thing cause I imagined it would be awkward, but they made it easy and fun. They directed us with their creative eye but also were open to any of our suggestions. I'm so excited for them to do our wedding photography in a few months!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Jack · Married on 07/29/2016

Yet another rave review for Giovanni! He is incredible! Save yourself the time going through other Massachusetts photographer reviews and hire him now.

Giovanni was our wedding photographers for our January 2014 wedding at the Indian Pond Country Club. We were planning our wedding with a limited budget and found his pricing to be more than fair. His communication was excellent throughout the planning process. I do not live in Massachusetts so we were unfortunately not able to meet in person before the wedding; however we spoke over the phone and through email and I had no doubt that Giovanni would be the perfect wedding photographer.
    On the wedding day, Giovanni and Diana arrived on time and got to work right away. Let me say that my husband is not the picture taking kind of guy. Giovanni fit in with my husband and all his groomsmen like he'd known them for years and made my husband feel comfortable taking pictures. Giovanni is hands down one of the sweetest people I've ever met, so of course we all loved him instantly! A number of our guests that had a chance to talk with Giovanni mentioned just how great they thought he was. After our ceremony, Giovanni enthusiastically ran across the street with us to the beach to take pictures in time for sunset.
    About a week after our wedding, we had all of our pictures in hand. We were crying tears of joy looking through them! I am soooo not photogenic, so I couldn't believe how good they turned out. Giovanni, absolutely exceeded our expectations. If you're planning a wedding in South Shore, MA, you should absolutely hire Giovanni The Photographer!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2016

I cannot being to describe how blessed we were finding Giovanni The Photogtapher !!!
    My husband and I were married at the Equinox Resort, Manchester, VT in September 2012. Photography being our most important asset to our wedding, we searched and searched for a photographer that was different from the rest. After finding Giovanni online and viewing his incredible pictures we decided to try him out with our engagement pictures! We couldn't have asked or dreamed for better pictures!

Giovanni was AMAZING!!! He captured shots we didn't even know possible! He made us feel on top of the world and as though we were his main priority throughout the entire engagement, wedding etc. He was by far the best decision we made!!!

Giovanni went above and beyond for us answering all our questions and request to the fullest! We are so pleased with his work and his professionalism and talent! Thank you for making our wedding what it was and capturing our big day to the fullest! We couldn't be more pleased!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Mauro · Married on 07/09/2016

Our photographer was Giovanni and he was AMAZING!!!!! The company is a little pricey but you don't wanna go stingy on the pictures. On the day of the wedding Giovanni was so professional, helpful, and friendly. He made me feel at ease with everything and he made the picture taking process fun and it ran smoothly. I should be receiving our pictures soon but the ones I did see were amazing and that was BEFORE they were edited!!!! I would recommend him to everyone and I am so glad I got him!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks! Reading this review makes me love what I do.

Prashant · Married on 07/06/2016

4 years before our wedding, I saw Giovanni’s work at a friend's wedding and knew from that moment that his work was something special and quite unique. I also knew that someday when I got married, I would look him up and hope that he would be willing to photograph my own wedding... and so it went.

Giovanni and his assistant photographed our wedding a year ago, and we were so very happy. The photos were a nice mix of creative and traditional, and the quality of the final prints were terrific. He is a great communicators and was fun to work with. One of the best aspects is that he allowed us to keep all the digital images which we felt was a major benefit. The album he assembled for us was outstanding and of the highest quality. Everyone who sees it remarks how incredibly beautiful and special it is. Giovanni’s standards are truly impressive; something that we ourselves can appreciate.

We just hired Giovanni to do some family portraits while we were in the Cape. And again, we were so very pleased. We love working with Giovanni and look forward to seeing him and catching up with him and all that is happening with his company. He has become a lifelong friend for us and look forward to many photo sessions in the future. We would highly recommend him and will always think of Giovanni Francis first for any photo session our family should need in the future.

Giovanni The Photographer's reply:

Thanks my good friend. I'm happy you always enjoy the quality!

Ellie · Married on 07/03/2016

Loooove Giovanni The Photographer.
    The pictures of our wedding are awesome and we couldn't be happier.

We wanted Giovanni to be our wedding photographer the minute we saw his work from another wedding. So unique and special. We have been to too many weddings and seen too many of the same o'l boring shots. We loved GTP’s different approach. He was the first vendor we hired for our wedding and we are so glad we did.
    Our preliminary meetings before the event were easy and comfortable. On the day of, he showed up ready to rock. He was so great to work with. He was full of energy and had a great sense of humor that made hours of photos fun! We love how he toured the location and identified so many great places to shoot. We came away with hundreds of creative and gorgeous photos that we'll enjoy forever!

Oh... and the other awesome thing... he gives you all the digital photos on a thumb drive so you can do with them as you wish. So great.

We highly recommend Giovanni. Awesome work. Awesome people.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Ameera · Married on 07/02/2016

I highly recommend Giovanni the Photographer for your upcoming special occasion. He is extremely friendly, professional, and motivated to provide the highest quality photography available. He takes the time to get know his clients and get a feel for the style they are after. He delivered exceptionally stunning photographs for me in a timely fashion. I so enjoy looking back at my pictures and sharing them with family and friends! Thank you Giovanni!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Tiffany · Married on 07/02/2016

I am writing this review from one of the best experiences in my life - thanks to our photographer Giovanni and his assistant.

We had a 91 person wedding at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston, MA with a fairly large wedding party. Giovanni has a gift I have never experienced before in a photographer. He knows how to quickly take the best shots and at the same time - corral drinking parties to the right scene, backdrop, lighting and pose.

He knows how to make you feel comfortable which was a huge piece for me since you want to have a natural, relaxed smile on your wedding day.

The photos and varied backdrops he was able to capture in such a short amount of time was nothing short of mind blowing. Everyone comments on how beautiful our wedding pictures are and how great our photographer was!

I wish I lived in Boston so I could book him for every future event. Maybe we will fly him up to San Francisco one day – he is THAT good!!

Sent on 07/27/2016

James · Married on 06/25/2016

Photographer Giovanni was amazing to work with from beginning to end. From the initial phone conversation to the amazingly edited wedding photos and everything in between, the experience was great. He is definitely a higher end photographer but is worth the investment. We had the pleasure of working with Giovanni for our engagement photos. He made us feel so comfortable and the finished photos were just what we wanted and expressed to him beforehand. Many questions came up throughout the year between our engagement shoot and our wedding day. He was extremely patient and helpful. He made me feel as a bride should feel - completely at ease throughout the day. He was so kind to everyone and was still able to be assertive enough to get our large bridal party and families to cooperate to get the shots he needed. His assistant, Diana was just as amazing and really helped to capture many of the details of our big day. The finished photos are absolutely amazing and we couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed working with you!

Giovanni The Photographer’s professional demeanor coupled with his CREATIVE EYE made working with him an absolutely success. "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words"

We feel truly honored to have had Giovanni Francis with us on our wedding day to capture the magic and beauty of our love.

Giovanni we cannot express to you how overjoyed we are at the moments you captured. You saw so many things we didn't see and reminded us of the many things we'll never forget. We have been unable to choose just one favorite as they all make us laugh and cry, and appreciate our friends and family.

Giovanni, you truly exceeded our expectations. I guess the highest compliment would be for us to tell you that if we had it to do over again, we would choose you every time.
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Dawnelle · Married on 06/15/2016

Our pictures are STUNNING! The color, sharpness, and overall creativity that is in our pictures could only be captured by an amazing photographer. That is what Giovanni provides. Not only is he professional, helpful, and fun to be around, but a truly talented individual.The quality of the pictures exceeded our wildest expectations.
    We had an engagement shoot with Giovanni, the owner, in Boston MA. We felt like Giovanni really captured who we are as a couple. He was willing to take pictures of us walking along the piers on the harbor and even included our dog in the shots! He was flexible and really listened to what we were looking for. We were so happy with the outcome of the pictures. The turn around to get the pictures back was very quick. Giovanni shot a lot of pictures that day so we were surprised to see how fast we were able to see them, and that they were all organized! This made it very easy for us to narrow it down to our favorites.
    On our wedding day, Giovanni was our photographer. Again, very professional and honestly made taking pictures really fun! Our wedding and reception were on the beach. He took beautiful portrait shots, family shots, candids, and really creative shots that we would have never have thought of. He worked so hard to make sure they got pictures of ALL of our guests. When we looked through the pictures, we felt like there wasn't even one moment that he missed. Everything was captured beautifully.Giovanni also took a lot of detail shots. We had beautiful pictures of the flowers, table settings, cake, decor, and of course the beach! It will be nice to look back at our pictures someday and remember all the details that were there to make the day so special.
    When we returned from our honeymoon, our pictures were ready! You could really tell the amount of time that went into the finishing touches to make the pictures pop.
    He was the perfect fit for our day. Our next step is to order one of his fabulous albums.