Giovanni String Quartet Reviews

96 | Albuquerque, NM

96 Reviews for Giovanni String Quartet

david · Married on 07/21/2012

The quality of entertainment and professionalism exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Music was incredible and perfect for our special day.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Pooja · Married on 06/16/2012

Everyone loved the music played by the quartet.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Katherine · Married on 06/02/2012

The Giovanni String Quartet was one of the most professional vendors I dealt with while planning my wedding. Working with them required very little effort on my part and they caused me absolutely no stress. The ceremony music was great and ran smoothly, right down to the custom country song they played for my walk down the aisle. I am just looking for an opportunity to use them again! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Katherine, thank you very much for the kind words. It was an honor and a pleasure providing the music for your wedding.

Leah · Married on 09/17/2011

Giovanni Strings was amazing and so was the price!!! Karl was responsive and easy to work with prior to the wedding, and the day of was no different. They were on time, dressed appropriately and professional. They sounded lovely at our wedding ceremony and even learned custom songs for us. They just rocked -- I don't know what else to say. We got and still get tons of compliments. If you are looking for elegant music for an event, don't hesitate to go with the Giovanni String Quartet. They were the most inexpensive of the quartets we looked at and their performance was nothing short of stunning.

Sent on 12/23/2011

Hayley · Married on 06/11/2011

Giovanni Quartet was extremely easy to work with. Their website was very informative and they responded to my email enquiry about services, rates and availability right away. Their prices are competive and resonable, they also give you option of doing single, duet, trio etc, and have a harp player as well. They gave us the chance to suggest the songs we wanted and had a broad range to choose from. They were on time, played beatifully and even came to greet and shake hands with my husband and I before they left. Having them there made the day even that much better and set a lovely romantic mood. I was extremely impressed by them on all fronts.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Courtney · Married on 03/07/2009

Giovanni's String Quartet provided our ceremony music. They did a beautiful job on the day of the wedding. Karl was very responsive during the process and the information provided on their website was the best of any vendor that we had considered. We had a specific song that we wanted played during the candle lighting section of the ceremony. Karl could not find sheet music for it, so he made an arrangement himself for a very reasonable fee (which turned out beautiful). They offer such a variety of music and are so flexible that I believe they could please any bride!

Sent on 03/27/2009

Nina · Married on 08/02/2008

I was very happy with this business. The price was very reasonable compared to other string bands in the area and the manager, Karl, was very attentive and responsive. The musicians performed beatifully at my ceremony, and the music was a great touch to the atmosphere we were going for. I could not have been more satisfied with Giovanni String Quartet.

Sent on 01/06/2009
  • 5.0

Absolutely perfect performance

The Giovanni String Quartet (in my case Trio) did an absolutely superb performance for my Birthday #60. My guests truly enjoyed them and having them perform just added so much to the celebration. Working with the group was easy. They let me choose what works they performed based on their repertoire. They came to my venue ready to perform. I couldn’t have been happier

Sent on 10/02/2019

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are honored to have been a part of your 60th birthday. If you ever need a string group again or know someone who might, please keep us in mind. Sincerely, the Giovanni String Quartet

Sheila · Married on 07/09/2016

Giovanni was amazing. They're responses was timely to all my questions. They were professional. They added the perfect ambiance to our son's wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Sheila, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to play for your son's wedding!

Veronica · Married on 09/14/2012

Our wedding a simple outdoor wedding that included close family and friends. The addition of the string quartet added a touch of class that made everything about our evening so memorable and special. Everyone truly enjoyed your music during cocktails and through the wedding ceremony; everyone commented how elegant and wonderful you all were. Thank you so very much for the manner in which you handled everything, from beginning to end. Mr. and Mrs. Kemper

Sent on 10/22/2012

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this review. We were honored to be a part of your wedding ceremony.
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 08/30/2020

Great! Flexible! Professional!

Working with Stasie was a joy! She was so flexible when we had to move our wedding date due to the pandemic. She was always very kind and professional. She was able to make suggestions for music when I was unsure what I wanted. Highly recommend working with GSQ!

Sent on 12/09/2020

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Crystal, thank you so much for the kind words! It was our pleasure to provide your wedding music.

-The Giovanni String Quartet
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 09/01/2019

Excellent!

They provided just what I had in mind for a classical duo for ceremony music!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Allie - it was a truly beautiful and unique day, our duo was honored you chose us to play. We wish you harmony and balance in your years to come together.

Giovanni String Quartet played for our ceremony and cocktail reception. It did make me nervous that they typically do not send a representative to the rehearsal, but there was no need to be! They were able to touch base with our coordinator and all the music was right on cue. Giovanni sounded lovely and were very professional throughout their session. Our guests were delighted and they added a very elegant touch to our wedding day.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for having us be part of the wedding!

As a musician, picking quality music for my wedding ceremony was extremely important to me. I did not have to look further than the Giovanni String Quartet. I personally knew some of the musicians in this company, and trusted their professionalism and talent. In addition, they won the Wedding Wire Bride's Choice Award in 2013. Communication with this company was prompt and efficient. They were happy to play music that I wanted even though it was more nontraditional wedding music. Several of my guests commented on the beauty of their playing. I would highly recommend this group.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure providing music for your ceremony.

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

3.5

We used a duo as our budget was limited. The duo consisted of a violin and cello. We could not have been more pleased. We were able to obtain their services at the last minute and they were quite flexible. They have a significant song list of both classical and contemporary music (We used a combination of both.). They went out of their way to accommodate our choices. They provided such elegance and beauty to the wedding ceremony. The orchestral music was of superb quality and their timing of the music before, during, and after the ceremony was impeccable. My daughter (the bride) had previous orchestra experience and she was so impressed with Giovanni String Quartet. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/19/2017
  • Kassidi

Kassidi · Married on 05/26/2017

They did a great job! Lots of guests complimented them on their playing

Sent on 06/23/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/27/2013

The music was wonderful for my son's wedding. Everything went well. I can't judge value because I didn't compare other quartets or musicians. I felt it was reasonable for the time, preparation and set up. I highly recommend them for a special occasion. Our friends and family loved the atmosphere they created as they walked in and the ceremony began. Nice group of people! Karl was very responsive. Thank you!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Michelle, it was an honor and a pleasure to provide the wedding ceremony music for your son and his new bride. Thank you!

Shannon · Married on 05/21/2016

3.0

LOVED the quartet- they were the PERFECT addition to our outdoor wedding. They were prompt, professional, and extremely easy to work with over email/phone. Having an organized venue will be invaluable ladies!!!! This quartet learned Beyonce's Halo for my ceremony, and it made the entire event!!! The only reason I'm giving 3 stars is because the timing of the music was a little bit off and since they are so prompt they started too early and some of my bridal party ended up walking out to cannon in d (obviously my song). At any rate, I would HIGHLY recommend them and definitely use them again for an upscale event!!!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Shannon, thank you so much for your kind words and suggestions. I'm so sorry the timing was a bit off! It was a pleasure playing for your wedding!
  • U

UNM · Married on 06/24/2016

4.2

Great service! I have been using their service for pasted three year for our graduations!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We have really enjoyed playing for the UNM PT graduation ceremonies!

Lori · Married on 08/04/2018

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

The Giovanni String Quartet (solo string player) was hired on to participate in my wedding reception at the Casa Rondena Winery in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Overall, the Giovanni String Quartet was easy to conduct business with, and everything turned out as expected. My recommendation is for any person looking to hire Giovanni is to read the fine writing. The set up and inquiry process on their website is fairly straightforward, especially if you opt to submit deposits and payments via the web. Email correspondence was a bit slow but to be fair it is because the primary point person for the group recently had a knee replacement surgery and wasn't as responsive. Contract review is also VERY important. A few mistakes were made in the amounts charged and I had to follow up a couple times to fix the errors. Delivery of service was great - Anastasia (solo string player) made sure to connect with me one week before the wedding to confirm my music choices, asked about attire requirements to ensure her dress was appropriate for our reception. My reception was fairly small and intimate (45 guests) and would only recommend in smaller settings to perhaps be a little more engaging with audience - a smile? :)

Sent on 08/16/2018

Hello Lori,
    Thank you for your review! We strive to present the best possible service to our clients, so we apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. We do hope you enjoyed the music. Again, congratulations to you and Jay and we wish you the best.

Regards,