Giovanni String Quartet Reviews

Giovanni String Quartet 3
Giovanni String Quartet 4
Giovanni String Quartet 5

Kellie · event on 05/07/2014

the music is always wonderful to hear in the background of the hustle and bustle of the meeting and food eating. They played songs that people would know....and I actually received compliments on the songs they chose....even though I didn't choose them. Made me look good to the members!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Kellie, it is always a pleasure to play for your event. Thanks for the kind words and we hope to see you again next year!
  • User4138244 · event on 04/12/2014

Giovanni Strings provided excellent music for our mom's birthday. We felt comfortable with the manager as he responded promptly and with all of the pertinent information we needed. He sent a contract that spelled out everything. The manager was always professional and the musicians were also. When they showed up to our private home for a private party of about 25 guests, the quartet set up and they were very courteous to everybody at the gathering. During their break they said hello to guests and again were very courteous and kind. The group worked with our schedule for the time frames we were looking at. The website is very easy to navigate through and the group provides a repertoire with some songs we could listen to played by the group. The repertoire is pretty large. We chose our songs and sent them to the manager with the signed contract. The quartet played our songs we chose and some of them were in a specified order to go along with a birthday slide presentation. The birthday was special in part due to the music provided by Giovanni Strings. We went with the quartet and glad we did.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was an honor to be part of the 80th birthday celebration and we enjoyed meeting the guests of honor and all of your family and friends.

Rosabeth & Trish · Married on 01/18/2014

Giovanni String Quartet added that extra touch of elegance to our beautiful wedding!

Sent on 02/07/2014

Lisa · Married on 12/28/2013

The Quartet was brilliant! They have an absolute amazing selection of music and Karl was SO amazing to work with! He even made sure to have Hedwig's Theme ready for me even though I asked last minute! They're beautiful people and I loved them! I had nothing but compliments from our guests. Thank you so much for making our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Lisa, thank you for the kind words and for inviting us to be part of your wedding. We enjoyed meeting you and your family - everyone was very kind and gracious.

Stephen · Married on 10/04/2013

My wife and I were so pleased to have Giovanni String Quartet perform at our wedding. The quartet is so musically accomplished and able to perform both standard and modern repertoire with absolute beauty and skill, including two new selections we commissioned especially for the event. Planning for a wedding is so overwhelming and stressful at times, but this quartet was so easy and professional to deal with that we never worried for a moment about the outcome. We will always have fond memories of their performance on our special day and our guests agree!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding!

Kristy · Married on 06/15/2013

The string quartet for our wedding was amazing. Karl and his musicians did a fantastic job!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Kristy. It was a pleasure to provide music for your wedding ceremony.

My husband and I are very particular about music and especially details. The Giovanni String Quartet was perfect from beginning to end. They evoked awe among all of our guests. Our wedding was held outdoors and they added so much romantic ambiance. They were professional and very flexible with our requests. PERFECT!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you very much! We're glad you are happy with our services.

Andrea · Married on 04/27/2013

I highly recommend the Giovanni String Quartet. They performed at my wedding ceremony and for our cocktail hour and sounded wonderful. I had many comments from my guests on how much they enjoyed their performance. They had all the music I wanted in their repertoire and were even willing to learn new songs specifically for my wedding if needed. They arrived on time, were very professional, and were incredibly easy to work with. I could not have asked for a better group to perform at my wedding.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Andrea. We very much appreciate the opportunity to have provided your wedding music and are glad to hear that you and your guests enjoyed having us.

Jessica · event on 04/18/2013

The Giovanni String Quartet was delightful. The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History often books music groups for evening events, and the Giovanni String Quartet was one of the most popular. Everyone made a point of telling us how much they enjoyed the music, and several people have asked if we would have them again. Also, Karl was very responsive when the weather forecast changed and we had to make the decision to move the quartet indoors. They were a great group to work with all around!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! We look forward to our next opportunity to play at the museum.

Anne · Married on 11/03/2012

I booked Giovanni based upon other positive reviews and I am so glad I did. They were so responsive and easy to work with. I had a duo (violinist & cellist) play for an hour at my wedding. They did an absolutely beautiful job and we had a lot of compliments from guests. I wouldn't hesitate to book them again in the future!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for having us as part of your special day!

Madison · Married on 09/01/2012

The music that Giovanni String Quartet played was absolutely beautiful! They are also incredibly flexible and able to deal with unsusual situations in a calm and professional manner. I had to walk down the aisle TWICE at my wedding because of an error on the part of the wedding coordinator, and GSQ handled the mishap beautifully by continuing to play through the chaos. I highly recommend this group.

Sent on 10/03/2012

We had several compliments from guests on how much they enjoyed the quartet.

Sent on 07/30/2012

david · Married on 07/21/2012

The quality of entertainment and professionalism exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Music was incredible and perfect for our special day.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Pooja · Married on 06/16/2012

Everyone loved the music played by the quartet.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Katherine · Married on 06/02/2012

The Giovanni String Quartet was one of the most professional vendors I dealt with while planning my wedding. Working with them required very little effort on my part and they caused me absolutely no stress. The ceremony music was great and ran smoothly, right down to the custom country song they played for my walk down the aisle. I am just looking for an opportunity to use them again! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Katherine, thank you very much for the kind words. It was an honor and a pleasure providing the music for your wedding.

Leah · Married on 09/17/2011

Giovanni Strings was amazing and so was the price!!! Karl was responsive and easy to work with prior to the wedding, and the day of was no different. They were on time, dressed appropriately and professional. They sounded lovely at our wedding ceremony and even learned custom songs for us. They just rocked -- I don't know what else to say. We got and still get tons of compliments. If you are looking for elegant music for an event, don't hesitate to go with the Giovanni String Quartet. They were the most inexpensive of the quartets we looked at and their performance was nothing short of stunning.

Sent on 12/23/2011

Hayley · Married on 06/11/2011

Giovanni Quartet was extremely easy to work with. Their website was very informative and they responded to my email enquiry about services, rates and availability right away. Their prices are competive and resonable, they also give you option of doing single, duet, trio etc, and have a harp player as well. They gave us the chance to suggest the songs we wanted and had a broad range to choose from. They were on time, played beatifully and even came to greet and shake hands with my husband and I before they left. Having them there made the day even that much better and set a lovely romantic mood. I was extremely impressed by them on all fronts.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Courtney · Married on 03/07/2009

Giovanni's String Quartet provided our ceremony music. They did a beautiful job on the day of the wedding. Karl was very responsive during the process and the information provided on their website was the best of any vendor that we had considered. We had a specific song that we wanted played during the candle lighting section of the ceremony. Karl could not find sheet music for it, so he made an arrangement himself for a very reasonable fee (which turned out beautiful). They offer such a variety of music and are so flexible that I believe they could please any bride!

Sent on 03/27/2009

Nina · Married on 08/02/2008

I was very happy with this business. The price was very reasonable compared to other string bands in the area and the manager, Karl, was very attentive and responsive. The musicians performed beatifully at my ceremony, and the music was a great touch to the atmosphere we were going for. I could not have been more satisfied with Giovanni String Quartet.

Sent on 01/06/2009

Sheila · Married on 07/09/2016

Giovanni was amazing. They're responses was timely to all my questions. They were professional. They added the perfect ambiance to our son's wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Sheila, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to play for your son's wedding!

Veronica · Married on 09/14/2012

Our wedding a simple outdoor wedding that included close family and friends. The addition of the string quartet added a touch of class that made everything about our evening so memorable and special. Everyone truly enjoyed your music during cocktails and through the wedding ceremony; everyone commented how elegant and wonderful you all were. Thank you so very much for the manner in which you handled everything, from beginning to end. Mr. and Mrs. Kemper

Sent on 10/22/2012

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this review. We were honored to be a part of your wedding ceremony.

Giovanni String Quartet played for our ceremony and cocktail reception. It did make me nervous that they typically do not send a representative to the rehearsal, but there was no need to be! They were able to touch base with our coordinator and all the music was right on cue. Giovanni sounded lovely and were very professional throughout their session. Our guests were delighted and they added a very elegant touch to our wedding day.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for having us be part of the wedding!

As a musician, picking quality music for my wedding ceremony was extremely important to me. I did not have to look further than the Giovanni String Quartet. I personally knew some of the musicians in this company, and trusted their professionalism and talent. In addition, they won the Wedding Wire Bride's Choice Award in 2013. Communication with this company was prompt and efficient. They were happy to play music that I wanted even though it was more nontraditional wedding music. Several of my guests commented on the beauty of their playing. I would highly recommend this group.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Giovanni String Quartet's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure providing music for your ceremony.

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

3.5

We used a duo as our budget was limited. The duo consisted of a violin and cello. We could not have been more pleased. We were able to obtain their services at the last minute and they were quite flexible. They have a significant song list of both classical and contemporary music (We used a combination of both.). They went out of their way to accommodate our choices. They provided such elegance and beauty to the wedding ceremony. The orchestral music was of superb quality and their timing of the music before, during, and after the ceremony was impeccable. My daughter (the bride) had previous orchestra experience and she was so impressed with Giovanni String Quartet. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/19/2017