Gina Petersen Photography Reviews

Gina Petersen Photography 5
Gina Petersen Photography 6
Gina Petersen Photography 7

Rhodney · Married on 09/14/2014

Having the most fanciest of camera equipment and appearing professional doesn't always yield awesome results. That being said, while Gina does possess these qualities, I bet if she shot our entire wedding on polaroids she would still be presenting us with photos just as amazing as the photos she took with all of her professional stuff. Her artistic eye and attention to detail as well as her overall knowledge of what couples look for in wedding photos (whether or not they even know they're looking for it) made those special moments during our wedding even more special. Gina has done away with all the guesswork and leaves you feeling confident that your pictures will turn out amazing even before you receive them. She wastes no time in figuring out poses and to be honest, I can't decide whether or not I'm a fan of the organized photos or the genuine candids.

An engagement shoot was included with our rate, and this important addition seriously gets rid of all the posing butterflies and awkward moments. Come the day of our wedding, Gina was able to shoot our wedding as if she was our personal photographer for years. We got a good portion of our photos finished with plenty of time to enjoy the day with our guests while not having to worry about someone spending an enormous time getting as many angles and poses as they can in case a majority didn't turn out right.

I'm a photographer myself, and I know it takes more than a camera to capture an emotionally unforgettable moment. With an artistic eye and lovable personality, Gina will give you no regrets about hiring her as your wedding photographer.

Thanks for everything, Gina!!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/06/2014

Our wedding day was incredible and we owe it all to Gina Petersen Photography! My husband and I have never had professional photos taken and were a little nervous. We thought that we would feel uncomfortable, but we were wrong, we loved every minute of it! Our pictures turned out better than we could have ever imagined. Gina made the whole experience fun for our wedding party, our family and us. She is not only a phenomenal photographer but her personality is one that is rare. Gina is relaxed, patient and respectful. We feel so blessed that Gina was excited and willing to travel to Idaho to photograph our destination mountain top wedding. Thank you for capturing our love story!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/16/2014

Gina Petersen was by far the best decision I made when planning my wedding. She is so talented, and captured both my rehearsal dinner and wedding day beautifully. I was only married a few weeks ago, so I still haven't seen all the photos, but what I have seen so far has brought tears to my eyes. I had one friend tell me, "Your photographer captured you and your husband's relationship perfectly" - and THAT was exactly what I was looking for. She caught genuinely candid moments that I will cherish for a lifetime and everytime I look at them, I feel like I am re-living the best day of my life over again. Aside from her obvious talent, she was also so fun and easy to work with. I didn't really realize how much you time you end up spending with your photographer on your wedding day and how important it is that you get along with them. Gina made both my husband and I feel so comfortable and we felt like we had known her forever. We even had other guests and vendors comment on how easy she was to be around and work with. I look forward to having Gina capture other momentous occasions for us in the future! Look no further for your wedding photographer. Gina is the BEST there is!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Laura · Married on 08/02/2014

I can't even describe how happy I am that Gina was our photographer on our amazingly perfect wedding day!!

While I was looking for photographers I knew I wanted someone who would not only take beautiful pictures but also capture the mood and love that surrounded our day. Gina exceeded that. I take a look at our pictures all of the time and when I do I am right there, back on our wedding day.

Gina is so easy to work with with such a cheery, kind and beautiful disposition. She makes posing for pictures easy, smooth, and actually fun (my husband even agrees and he normally HATES taking pictures)!!!

I can't thank Gina enough for being part of our day and taking such gorgeous photos!! I will definitely be snatching her up to do some maternity photos/family photos in the future!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Meagan · Married on 07/19/2014

Gina photographed our wedding and our engagement session. We LOVED working with her! When I first spoke with Gina about hiring her as our photographer, she was completely open and honest, answering all of my questions and explaining her philosophy and style. She really likes to get to know all of her clients, so she spent time chatting, asking questions, and making sure she was the best fit as a photographer for me and my husband. When it came time to schedule our engagement photos, Gina was flexible with scheduling and selected a beautiful outdoor setting for our shoot. The session was laid back, fun, and natural, and we loved getting to know our photographer before the wedding. The photos were gorgeous! In the months leading up to our wedding, Gina was super responsive to emails or calls and always willing to provide helpful suggestions.

On our wedding day, Gina arrived early to make sure she got shots of all the details (dress, shoes, jewelry, flowers) and greeted me with a big hug when I arrived. That might not sound like a big deal, but with all the adrenaline and wedding day nerves, having a calming presence around is a BIG DEAL! Gina made the entire process of wedding photos so painless that at times I forgot that she was taking photos! She set up a beautiful "First Look" for my me and my husband. It was so nice to have this private time together before the wedding, all while Gina was off in the distance taking great photos. Throughout the entire wedding day Gina was accommodating and rolled with the punches when our timeline of events changed, making sure she didn't miss anything! The next day, Gina posted a "Sneak Peak" of some of our photos on her website so that they'd be available to our friends and family. The photos are stunning, and we can't wait to see the rest! Gina really went above and beyond all of our expectations for a wedding photographer and she is simply a lovely person :) We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/28/2014

Gina was the first and ONLY photographer we met with. My husband and I both agreed she was a perfect match after our first meeting with her. She is so easy to talk to and is truly passionate about what she does. Our engagement and wedding photos are absolutely stunning, we could not be happier! I highly recommend Gina, she is amazing!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Beautiful pictures, very unobtrusive but caught every moment perfectly!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Lolita · Married on 05/03/2014

Gina is a superwoman with patience of a saint! She was a second shooter for our wedding, and unfortunately met me at the most stressful time: getting ready with my temperamental, high maintenance mom. Here I was, dealing with my mama working my last nerve, and Gina came to the rescue without judging me. Her upbeat demeanor and bubbly happy attitude guided me through the process and put things in perspective for me so I can chill the eff out and ENJOY my wedding day. Which in turn of course, yielded to many gorgeous photos. I'm fortunate that her easy going demeanor and her passion to do whatever it takes to take the "perfect shot" made for many unforgettable moments now encapsulated forever in our wedding album. Thanks a million for everything!

And here's my PSA announcement:
    I cannot stress enough how important it is to put photography in general in a bigger part of your wedding budget. People eat the cake, forget about the decor, and some don't even remember the awesome time the DJ created for the party because they blacked out hitting the bar too hard. But your photos are forever, and the photographer has ONE SHOT to make it perfect. It is the only vendor service that appreciates over the course of time (if you stay married that is, so may the 50% odds be ever in your favor). So if you love Gina's type of work, hire her, you'll be super duper happy you did when you whip out that wedding album to walk down memory lane.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Lucy · Married on 10/12/2013

LOOK NO FURTHER, Gina is the best wedding photographer in the Bay Area PERIOD.
    Planning a wedding is obviously very stressful, and for some reason, committing to a photographer was the most difficult process for me out of the whole wedding. I knew that the photos of the best day of our lives... our wedding day... was a one time thing, that had to be captured in my vision. If the photos don't turn out, I would be devastated. Therefor, in my quest for a photographer I looked at every website and looked into all referrals, but every photographer I looked into had something that I didn't like.... at least one picture that made me question their taste and style of photography. After nearly 8 months of searching, I found Gina! I knew from the instant I saw her website that SHE WAS THE PHOTOGRAPHER FOR ME, and it made the long search well worth the wait.
    Her vision is so unique, creative and timeless. She made us feel sexy, confident and beautiful while photographing us, and captured our love so perfectly. It felt amazing to see our first photo as a married couple, and know that that very image was everything I wanted. And now, nearly a month after our wedding, the photos keep pouring in... and with every picture I see, I am overwhelmed with the beauty of our day.
    BOTTOM LINE...the photos from your wedding cannot be undone, it is a one time deal, so choose wisely. Hire Gina Peterson and have zero regrets, and all the images you dream of will become a reality. Best decision I made... besides saying "I Do" of course ;)

Sent on 11/14/2013

Amy · Married on 08/31/2013

Gina recommends doing engagement photos prior to the wedding. I originally wanted to skip the engagement photos, but am so glad this was discouraged! Don't skip the engagement photos! In getting to know Gina before the wedding, my now-husband and I were comfortable both with her, and in front of the camera. Wedding days can be hectic, but feeling at ease with Gina and confident that she would take amazing photographs gave me one less thing to stress about! Gina is a great listener, and was really able to get a feel for the kind of photographs I was hoping for . She makes an effort to get to know the bride so that she can deliver a high quality array of photographs specific to the bride's style. I cannot recommend Gina Petersen Photography highly enough!

Sent on 11/07/2013

It all started when I saw Gina's pictures on her website (through a friend on Facebook). It was love at first sight. We called her up and she was available! After deciding to do engagement photos and book Gina for the wedding, we were immediatley excited!

Gina was wonderful throughout our entire wedding experience; extremely helpful, creative, and very organized. She made us both feel comfortable and truly valued our opinion, something that means a lot during a wedding.

We were so happy with the finished product and can't wait to work with Gina again!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Gina Petersen captured the moments of our wedding day perfectly. She made us feel comfortable and confident. We were truly blessed to have had a photographer like her. Having every image in electronic format will allow us such flexibility and ease of use with our wedding photographs. If you don't want to worry about a thing when it comes to photography, hire Gina! :) She is very friendly, outgoing, and so easy to be around!

Sent on 08/29/2013

We really enjoyed working with Gina. She was fantastic, helpful, guiding, professional, skilled and compassionate with our wedding needs and experience.

Sent on 08/30/2013

Hannah · Married on 05/26/2013

I had originally signed up with another local photographer for our wedding.... And really wasn't happy with engagement shoot photos, they were harsh lighting. 2 weeks before wedding I found Gina's website and feel in love with her photos. After one conversation and the LUCK that she had our wedding day open, I immediately switched to Gina, and thank god we did! Our pictures are fabulous, and really capture the feel of our wedding. Gina is energetic and very responsive. She is the best at what she does and we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Jenny · Married on 05/15/2013

Gina was absolutely phenomenal. She listened to all of my requests and worked with what we needed. My myself and my now husband get a little camera shy, but Gina made us feel relaxed and comfortable. She has a wonderful eye for light and setting. Truly a very talented photographer, and the kind of person that you want at your wedding and part of all those intimate and personal moments. I can't say enough good things! Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 07/10/2013

I just recently had my wedding at Flying Cloud in Petaluma and Gina was amazing!! She was extremely friendly, funny and professional. She captured so many magical moments and I am so pleased with her work. I would definitely recommend her services!!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Rachelle · Married on 11/04/2012

My husband and I fell in love with Gina. Not only was she an excellent photographer, she was considerate and organized during the entire process, making everything so much easier on us. Out of all of vendors, she was the most helpful and responsive. Word can't express how great she is to work with! I have and will continue to recommend her to my girlfriends who are engaged! Excellent photographer! Thank you Gina! <3 James & Rachelle

Sent on 04/19/2013
  • Jen · Married on 09/22/2012

Gina is simply amazing. I knew during our first meeting that Gina was perfect for us. She has an exceptional skill that translates into her work and is very genuine in loving what she does. My husband and I could not have been more impressed with our pictures. Each photograph captured a detail or moment from our wedding, that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Sara · Married on 07/28/2012

I would like to start out by saying that when it comes to photographers Gina Petersen is the whole package! Not only does she have an amazing eye for capturing those special moments but she genuinely loves photography and people. She truly enjoys what she does and it shows in her detailed and perfected pictures. Gina seems to always be at the forefront of new photography styles, her pictures are modern but still very classic. She is highly organized, detail oriented, and she is quick to respond to emails and calls.

I had the pleasure of working with Gina for my senior pictures (some 8 years ago), when she was starting to expand and build on her love of photography, and this past year my husband and I where honored to have Gina photograph our wedding. It was awesome to have a photographer whom I knew and knew me there capturing memories on that special day. I feel so blessed to have had Gina as our photographer. She is professional, fun, and always energetic! She made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable during the pictures and throughout the day. I could not be happier with our wedding photos and the service we have received from Gina! I am looking forward to working with her for years to come for special events and family portraits!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Jen · Married on 11/04/2017

Gina was fantastic! She made us so comfortable, it was as if we were used to being professionally photographed! During the actual wedding, it was as if she wasn't even there. I look back at the pictures now, as am in awe of some of the moments she captured as I hadn't completely forgotten somebody was even there snapping non-stop photos of us. In terms of how our photos came out, I could NOT be happier, and I can't stop looking at them. We did not have a photographer, so when we got them back we turned on our ceremony music, looked through all of the photos, and it was as if we were reliving it all over again.

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Gina Petersen Photography 8
    Gina Petersen Photography 9
    Gina Petersen Photography 10
    Gina Petersen Photography 11

Our wedding pictures turned out beautifully! We couldn't be happier with Gina's work - it's exactly what we wanted. Gina was so easy and helpful to work with. The engagement shoot was totally fun and good practice and the photos turned out perfectly. Love!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Maura · Married on 11/15/2014

From preparation to performance Gina Petersen is truly a master of photography. Gina was able to capture our excitement and anticipation in every romantic photo she took. Her presence and personality created an atmosphere that was perfect for creativity and energy to work harmoniously with us on our wedding day. We couldn't be any happier with how the photos turned out, and how enjoyable is was to work with a real professional like Gina Petersen.

Sent on 02/16/2015