54 Reviews for Gina Petersen Photography

Slideshow (2)
Matted Prints (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)

Gina does absolutely beautiful work, and has been a lot of fun to interact with. From our engagement session and wedding day, interacting with her has been easy and relaxed. I think her main skill is the ability to see so much more beyond what you can see, adding an artistic touch and angle to all of her photography. You can just trust her and know she will produce for you excellent work. Thanks a ton Gina!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gina was fantastic! She made us so comfortable, it was as if we were used to being professionally photographed! During the actual wedding, it was as if she wasn't even there. I look back at the pictures now, as am in awe of some of the moments she captured as I hadn't completely forgotten somebody was even there snapping non-stop photos of us. In terms of how our photos came out, I could NOT be happier, and I can't stop looking at them. We did not have a photographer, so when we got them back we turned on our ceremony music, looked through all of the photos, and it was as if we were reliving it all over again.

Profile Picture Jen, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina was absolutely amazing! She has an incredibly warm personality. She makes you feel comfortable immediately. We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her. Her creativity and level of detail truly captured the love between us and our family on our wedding day. The photos are absolutely beautiful and truly complement our venue and our love. I would absolutely recommend Gina to anyone in the area! She is special and I am honored to have had her share our special day with us!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with -- start to finish! We did an engagement shoot with her before the wedding which was a really fun way to get to know her and get used to taking photographs together. On our wedding day we thought Gina and her team were incredibly professional and made us feel so comfortable from start to finish. She was courteous, professional, and really fun to work with! On top of it all, the photos were AMAZING! We couldn't be happier with how they turned out (and how many of them there are!) Our experience with Gina really couldn't have been better, and we're so grateful to her -- and all her hard work -- for producing a set of photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. Thank you Gina! xo

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina and her colleague Dario truly captured our wedding weekend with the most magical photos. Gina's calming, organized, and energetic presence (which was especially tested on an unseasonably hot weekend -- 110 degrees on our Sept wedding day) to help guide us through the day. I knew we were in great hands after the first time we skyped with Gina, who was extremely collaborative and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Gina made all our families and wedding parties feel comfortable while taking photos during the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She's a pleasure to share such a special time with, and the photos are wonderful!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Gina has been an amazing experience. From the beginning she was flexible with me and was willing to do what she could to make things work for me and make me a satisfied customer. I was looking for a certain style and I had a budget to stay under too, but Gina was able to give me a package worth every penny with everything I was looking for- and more. I am so extremely pleased with how the day of my wedding went, everything felt so natural and I felt zero pressure or stress while taking photos and throughout the wedding. I am so glad that she is so fantastic at what she does because I have the most amazing photos to show for it. I am so happy with them, it's like I was able to relive the entire day through them-and they look SO GOOD! I am so happy I chose Gina for my wedding, she truly is wonderful. She's so sweet and kind, and she wants the best for her brides. I felt like she was looking out for my best interest the entire time, and she definitely wanted things to go the way I wanted. I can't rave enough about how happy and satisfied I am with her work, Gina is an incredible Sonoma county photographer and I very highly recommend her for your wedding!

Profile Picture Corine, 7/30/17, 1 Review

We love Gina!!
In planning a wedding, you have vendors, and then you have people who come to our wedding to help shape the experience. Gina isn't just a vendor. She works with you leading up to the wedding day to ensure everything goes smoothly. On the day of, her first question is, "Okay how are you doing?" like it's the ONLY and MOST IMPORTANT wedding she's been to (and believe me, she is booooooked).
Upon booking Gina, we knew that she produced gorgeous images that capture natural moments (moments that we may not even know were happening ourselves). It shows in her work. And we suspected that she'd be fun to work with. But what we didn't realize was that we'd never feel crowded, we'd feel her warmth and sense of humor, she'd be strategically positioning herself for a perfect shot unbeknownst to anyone else, and that we'd have an amazing time hanging out with her. We cannot recommend Gina enough. You deserve the best.

Profile Picture Renata, 7/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

Gina Petersen is the most talented person we have met. If we could give her 10 out of 10 stars we would. We found Gina on our vendor list from Milestone Events Group. The moment I clicked on her page, there was no doubt that I fell in love with her style and wedding photos. Gina is seriously the sweetest. She made us feel like as if we have known her for a lifetime! We felt so comfortable and we could simply be ourselves on our special day. The best part is that Gina captured the true meaning of love through our photos. She was so much fun to work with and felt like she was one of our guests at our wedding. She reminded us to be ourselves and to enjoy the moment. We highly recommend Gina for your event and we cannot wait to continue our relationship with her for our future upcoming events. Thank you Gina, you deserve every star and more. xoxo

Profile Picture daniela, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I want to preface this by saying I know it looks fishy sometimes when people give all five stars - but Gina is the real deal and deserves every single star there could possibly be.

Gina is a miracle. I found her on a website from a venue I looked at and she was a recommendation. I immediately fell in love with her photography style. She is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet - but she will get real with people if need be. Gina spoke to me and cared about me on my wedding day like we were long time friends. She helped make sure that I got what I wanted and that no one got in the way. Her pictures are breath taking and I'd get married again if only to have the experience of working with her! You rock Gina!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Perfect. That's the only way we can describe working with Gina and the results of her fabulous work. From the very beginning, she made us feel comfortable. She "got" what we were looking for. Her style is professional. During the wedding, you knew she was there for you, helping direct you to ensure we captured all those important moments, yet it wasn't intrusive. She also doesn't play any games regarding the access of the photos, the pricing, etc.. - you get it all, the actual high resolution finals. It was clear from the beginning that her focus was on us and her love of the art of photography was paramount. And it shows in her work. We highly endorse Gina.

Profile Picture Dean, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married this June and we are so glad Gina was a part of our special day! She was friendly and professional and went out of her way to make sure we were both comfortable and at ease. We had done an engagement shoot several months earlier, so it was nice to see a familiar face on the day of and she really helped to make everything special for us. We recently got our photos from Gina and we couldn't be happier! It's a great mix of portraits and candid shots and we think they are gorgeous. We can't thank Gina enough and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gina makes you feel comfortable and confident! My fiancé and I were dreading the photo shoot, but ended up having a lot of fun! We wanted to do it again!

Profile Picture Janell, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Right when we spoke to Gina over the phone and after going through her website portfolio, we knew right away that we wanted to hire Gina as our photographer for our wedding at Robert Young Estate Winery (in Sonoma County)! She was always very responsive and the pictures turned out AMAZING :) We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Mina, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina was a joy to work with and the quality of her work is excellent. She made us feel comfortable at our engagement shoot and our wedding, and it shows through in the photos. Gina is an artist when it comes to light and composition. We can't stop looking at our photos because we love them so much.

Profile Picture Debra, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files, Proofs

Gina as just the best to work with. She made everything so confortable and easy - and our pictures are gorgeous! I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Blaire, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina was a pleasure to work with! From the first meeting to emails throughout our engagement to post-wedding communication, she was always responsive and professional. More importantly, she is a genuine artist and her style is everything I could have wanted in a wedding photographer. I'm so fortunate she has given us incredible images which we will treasure forever.

Profile Picture Marisa, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Gina was one of the best choices I made for my wedding!

Quality of Service: I received my photos from Gina a few weeks ago and I absolutely love them! The photos capture all of the details that are important to me, and according to my mother-in-law, "bring you back to a most special day."
Responsiveness: Leading up to the big day, Gina responded to my questions via email quickly and thoroughly, and was always open to phone calls when needed.
Professionalism: The day of, Gina and her partner Michelle were amazing to work with as they are fun and personable. Gina is a pro and got all of the shots we wanted with the best lighting without feeling rushed. Everything was spot-on.
Value: 5 stars here!
Flexibility: Gina is very accommodating and makes sure you are able to get the photos you want.

Thanks again, Gina!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

We hired Gina to shoot our wedding in Sonoma County. We were happy to have the engagement shoot prior to the wedding so we could meet Gina and get a sense of her style. We loved the photos that she produced from the engagement shoot. The colors were vibrant, the outlines crisp, and the poses were cute. Neither my husband nor I are good at modeling so it was nice to have Gina pose us and give us a lot of instruction...she was very patient with us. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Gina and I were in contact and got on the same page about what my ideas and timeline were for the big day. This put me at ease that she knew exactly where to be when on the day of. The wedding day came and Gina and her second shooter were right on time. They got all the shots we requested as well as lovely shots of all the DIY details of the day. It was very important to me that the portraits were done quickly so that we could get to our cocktail hour. Gina and Dawn were very efficient and got all the shots of the family done super quick, I really appreciated it! Gina was also very patient with our family, from listening to both mother's ideas, getting multiple shots of the sister's family, and wrangling the bridal party, she kept her cool and was a true professional. I would highly recommend Gina for your wedding. Her efficiency and professionalism were top notch, the photos were wonderful (so many good ones to choose from), and to ice the cake, she is an awesome lady in general!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My parents purchased Gina's engagement photo package for our engagement gift after she did a stunning job on my sister's wedding. My fiance is not a "photo person" but we had more fun spending an afternoon with Gina and taking pictures together than I ever anticipated! The photos are beautifully shot, edited, and provided in a timely manner. We love every shot and look so natural and lovely in the outdoor shot we did in the redwoods which could have been tricky lighting but Gina made them look magical and romantic. I would strongly recommend Gina as the perfect photographer to have supporting you on your big day and capturing those lovely moments to cherish for years to come!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

We were fortunate enough to have Gina as our engagement and wedding photographer. Gina is absolutely phenomenal - she is incredibly passionate about her work and very professional. Her creativity combined with her energetic personality allowed her to get all the shots that were most important to us, but because she is also very relaxed and patient, we had a lot of fun and were able to truly be ourselves during the process.

Having an excellent photographer to provide us with timeless photos was the most important thing to me when it came to wedding planning. And we could not be happier with our photos, which are truly timeless. Gina did not just provide us with stunning photos though, she made the entire process enjoyable. Because of her creativity and infectious personality, we had an amazing time during both the engagement and wedding shoot. Gina's creativity as well as wedding knowledge regarding best locations, lighting, and poses, allowed her to take gorgeous photos that also reflect our personalities.

Gina truly goes the extra mile for her clients. She is easily accessible and available to answer any questions. She is willing to offer creative ideas and directed us as we needed, which was incredibly helpful. She patiently listened to any requests we had and made the first look photos, which were important to me, a priority.

We cannot thank Gina enough for her incredible work and look forward to working with her again! We will recommend Gina Petersen Photography to all of our friends who are getting married.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you find yourself lucky enough to work with Gina Petersen– Take It! Gina is a passionate and magnificent artist, fearless adventurer, and one of the most genuine and thoughtful people we know. Her ability to put you at ease and capture the image, the emotion and the story is simply stunning!

My new wife Dani and I met, live and work in San Francisco, California. We embarked on our wedding planning journey in the Fall of 2014 knowing photographs were going to be a very important part our big day, and knowing neither of us is very fond of being the center of attention let alone photographed in great detail all day long. Also, being a same-sex couple we expected challenges finding a photographer comfortable enough and willing to truly invest in us as a couple, put us at ease and bring out our best.

When we first met Gina in her studio in Petaluma, California, we knew we found someone special. She agreed to work with us as her first same-sex couple and from that moment on we never looked back. Gina planned an engagement photo shoot in San Francisco in May 2014 intended for her to get to know us as a couple and for us to become comfortable being photographed by her. This was genius, and an absolute blast! From that moment on we called Gina our friend. Our engagement photos are among our favorites and looking back that entire session was so instrumental in us being comfortable on our wedding day.

On our wedding day in October 2015 Gina was simply flawless… We laughed, cried, danced, smiled and had so much fun! On the happiest day of our lives, surrounded by our most treasured family and friends, Gina moved with ease somehow barley noticed as she captured it all, every detail, elegantly and respectfully.

We would live our wedding day all over again if we could and an enormous part of this would be to work with Gina again. We owe her so much for truly “seeing us” and telling our unique and beautiful story through her lenses.

–Thank you

Profile Picture Traci, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have never been so pleased with my pictures in my life! And Gina is just as amazing in real life! We decided to go with the Wedding package that included engagement pictures as well. I explained to Gina some of the pictures that I wanted and she completely nailed all of them! Her kind demeanor and passionate personality is what drew me to her (not to mention the beautiful pictures that I had seen that she had done previously).

I can't say enough how extremely happy I am that I chose Gina and the money was all worth every penny!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, High-Res Images, Slideshow

As the mother of the bride my daughter was very specific of the pictures that she wanted to capture for her wedding. Most important to her was the groom's 'first look'. Gina not only captured the picture but she captured the emotion and love within the pictire. And she continued to capture the emotion and love throughout the entire day. My daughter and i were thrilled with Gina's work and we could not be happier. To capture a photograph is one thing......to capture emotion and love in a photograph is on a whole other level and GIna has that magic. I would highly recommed Gina!

Profile Picture Lori, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Hands down, Gina is the best. The images that she creates are not only stunning, true to life and tell a story, but she is upbeat, always smiling, has a heart for people and exudes such positive energy that you can't help but have a great time around her.

Gina is professional and understands the timing of when to show her excitement and passion in order to lift the energy for fun photos or to become nonintrusive and capture the emotions as they unfold.

I am the mother of the groom, and everyone involved that day was extremely to have Gina there to capture the moments.

Thank you, Gina.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 6/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had the pleasure of having Gina take our engagement and wedding photos. Gina has an unbelievable and infectious presence that she brings with her to her photo shoots. When working with Gina you can instantly tell that her passion for photography comes through with her quality of service. She was able to adapt quickly to add-ons and was able to follow the provided timeline. She and her assistant were able to capture beautiful photos while they connected with family and friends. My husband and I are incredibly pleased and value our fabulous moments which Gina was able to capture for us. Thank you, Gina, for being you and giving us the best gift... awesome photos and priceless moments that we can keep forever to show our future children!

Profile Picture Diane, 6/26/15, 1 Review