Gil's Elegant Catering Reviews

92 | Grand Prairie, TX

92 Reviews for Gil's Elegant Catering

Bobby · Married on 03/28/2010

3.5

Not cheap but the food was FANTASTIC, everyone wanted to know who catered the event

Sent on 04/04/2010

Katy · Married on 01/01/2010

Gil's had fabulous food, everyone was raving about it from our wedding!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Katherine · event on 12/13/2013

Gil's is a great caterer. Our food was delicious and beautiful, the staff was very helpful and everything was provided. Made our event enjoyable for everyone.

Sent on 12/19/2013

The food and waiters and waitresses were great! All the planning with Jackie was great, she was very helpful in finding the perfect package for our event and budget. Service to the bride and groom on the day of could have been better and minor things were changed at the last min without our approval, but all in all the service was great, food was great and staff was great.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Lindsay · Married on 03/24/2012

Great reputation in the area! Established.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Maisie · Married on 09/11/2010

The food from Gil's was phenomenal. We ordered the mesquite grilled salmon, which was one of the big HITS of the night. In addition, a lot of people loved the Grilled Cheese station, and I loved the Churrascaria Station too. The service was awesome. My husband and I never had to get up once, the servers kept coming to our table to serve us. We had one minor snag with final invoice not getting settled on time. But Brenda apologized profusely for the mix-up. My husband had to go to their office the day before our wedding and personally drop off the check. Other than that, we thought Gil's was great!

Sent on 10/24/2010

Jackie with Gil's catering made me feel at ease as soon as I met her. She seemed to have everything together and knew my venue well. I really wish that we would have had another meeting the week of the wedding (even just a phone conference) in order to discuss the details of the reception. There were a few items that were overlooked at the reception. For one, the table cloths were not ironed. They had huge folds in them, which is not the end of the world, but the reason why we rented instead of buying and reselling is because we did not want to have to worry about ironing them the day of the wedding. When you are paying a lot of money for a service, you expect it to be perfect. Also, we had ordered vegetarian dishes (and had MULTIPLE emails about this) and Gil's forgot to bring them on the day of the wedding. We also had only ordered cake for 100 guests (from another vendor) because we ordered cobbler from Gil's for 100 guests as well. We only had about 135 guests, but we were told that these amounts would be plenty as some guests would only take cobbler and others, only cake. However, Gil's did not have the cake on a table for guests to grab, like discussed, instead, they placed them at each guests' seat. Obviously, there were people who never even got a piece of cake - including my MOTHER who paid for the entire wedding!!!

However, I would recommend Gil's again because they were professional and responsive. I would recommend having a meeting of some kind the week of the wedding in order to nail down all of the details.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2011

2.5

We worked with Brenda from Gil's Elegant Catering. The food was incredibly delicious! All of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Several people asked for "to-go boxes" because they wanted to take the food home for another meal. I was so happy with the quality and presentation of the food; DELICIOUS!! My only complaint was that they don't respond to emails very quickly. It was frustrating when I had a question and it took several weeks to be answered. But everything turned out fabulous, exactly how I wanted it to. I definitely recommend using Gil's Elegant Catering!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Jill · Married on 04/05/2008

Gil's Catering did a great job for my wedding. We had some appetizers, a carving station, chopped salads served in martini glasses, and a macaroni bar that was to die for!! Gil's was easy to work with - I met with them several times to discuss my menu. They really worked with me to stay within my budget and get me the menu I wanted. They are by no means a "budget" catering company - their food, like most wedding caterers, is not cheap. But I thought the quality of the food was definitely worth it. Everyone commented on how good the food was! They also provided rentals for my wedding - tables, chairs, tablecloths, and all the servingware. A great vendor - definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2008
  • User3765519 · event on 12/13/2013

Gil's did a great job with the food and customer service. The food tasted excellent, they are easy to work with and very accomodating. We had a themed party and they brought great ideas to the table for us. Everything was ready on time for the party and looked nice.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Emilie · Married on 04/13/2012

3.5

Gil's did an excellent job at our wedding. The gentleman in charge was very nice and helpful to us in particular and did his best to accommodate my vegan diet. I didn't get to taste much of the food but I heard it was good from our guests! They kept the wine flowing and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 04/17/2012

K · Married on 03/10/2012

3.0

We changed and customized our menu quite a few times. Not incredibly friendly at times, but the food was OUTSTANDING! To this day, the absolute best wedding food I've ever had - and we went with the cheapest option that Gil's offers!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Amy · Married on 09/12/2008

The food at my wedding was unbelievable. Everything was perfect and the displays were so creative. Gil's is very professional and they really know how to cater to a very large crowd.

Sent on 11/04/2008

3.0

We selected Gil's as our wedding caterer because of their professionalism and great menu options. Their monthly events were a great way for us to try a variety of their foods ahead of time so we could select the menu that was right for us. In the end, we were very happy with the results. We received multiple comments from our guests on how the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding. The only negatives were that I did not feel they were very responsive to my emails. On multiple occasions, I sent emails asking questions, and would receive half of the answers back while others were ignored. Again, in the end, it all worked out. I would just recommend being very clear, up front with them on the level of communication you expect.

Sent on 09/27/2013

michael · Married on 08/31/2013

forgive my grammar!
    first: they are good, as i ask some of my family about the food, they said it's good!
    they let me provided my own pig! it was $268
    second: i'm not quite like the way they bartended, because i didn't know until the day after, they do not let my guest drink when they first arrived! and all my guest complain to me the day after! i do not know why i brought alcholo and not get served when my guest requesting!
    third: well, over all other then what i just mention, gil's catering is good! i would love to hve them again, but have to be littlw more pacific about food and other thing!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Regan · Married on 07/02/2011

3.0

The food from Gil's is delicious! And they have a variety of different kinds of food. I have zero complaints about the food. And Jackie Hickey is so easy to work with, she would literally email me back just minutes after sending her tons of questions. And she thinks of everything you might forget! The thing we were most bummed about was that the catering workers (servers, kitchen people) drank a whole case of our specially ordered and customized Jones soda that were being chilled in the refrigerator for the bridal party (this was not ordered through Gil's). Also, the bartender decided to quit mixing drinks an hour before our reception was over! Overall, however, I was very pleased with Gils and I would recommend them to anyone. I would use them again as well. Just hide your guests treats from the servers!!!!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Erin · Married on 11/15/2008

3.4
      3.0

We really liked working with the girl from Gil's, however we were a little disappointed in the food. The food was cold and some of the chicken was even served raw. Gil's quickly pulled the chicken when it was brought to their attention, and they provided a refund for that portion after the wedding. We also had some missing linens. Although the linens had to be mixed in with the linens provided by Gil's, they were not helpful in getting them back to the other linen company. This was very costly to us.

Sent on 12/25/2008