Gil's Elegant Catering Reviews

92 | Grand Prairie, TX

92 Reviews for Gil's Elegant Catering

Jacqui · Married on 03/24/2012

I cannot express how happy we were with Gil's. Great service, delicious food and very flexible and understanding when working out a package. Brenda was great to work with- very responsive and professional to my emails and even came to check on everything at the wedding. We had well over 200 people and a buffet- yet everyone was raving on how delicious the food was. I added a roast beef carving station and was so glad I did- it was so delicious and made me feel like there was plenty to eat. Don't even shop around- just use Gil's. They are awesome!

Sent on 03/26/2012

Rachel · Married on 03/16/2012

Gil's was wonderful to work with. I worked with Jackie Hickey throughout the 6 months prior to my wedding, and she was nothing but helpful. She helped me to pick a menu option that would suit my needs as well as my budget. Gil's Elegant Catering is truly a wonderful, professional top-notch company that takes value in their customers. I gave them a 5.0 overall because their service was impeccable, the food was delicious and all of my guests gave me such rave comments about the "great catering". If you want to to a wedding right, choose Gil's! You cannot go wrong!

Nicole · Married on 03/03/2012

We are so thankful Gils being a part of our wedding! The team was incredible and made the day perfect. They were prepared, friendly to our guests, and the food was amazing! We are still getting compliments about how delish it was. Every detail was thought out, down to the sweetest to go meal for my husband and I. We need an excuse to use them again!

• Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 03/03/2012

Gil's Elegant Catering did an amazing job for my wedding! The food was delicious, the service was great, and the presentation was so elegant! I worked with Jackie for about 8 months before the wedding and she was extremely professional, responsive, and attentive to my needs. She worked with my husband and I on every aspect of the catering- from the types of food to the price to the presentation of the meal. Her staff worked with our demands during the wedding, as well as before and after! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this catering company and wish them many years of success, as they did a great job. Thank you Gil's!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Aimee · Married on 10/08/2011

Gil's was absolutely amazing. I loved working with Jackie and the Chef completely understood our vision and made it a reality. My husband and I wanted a non-traditional menu for our area and a VERY unique cake. It was our vision to have tapas (small plates) type stations through out the venue so it had more a mingle and munch feeling and not being fans of cake we wanted a Croque en Bouche in lieu of the traditional wedding cake and tartlets in lieu of the grooms cake. In our initial searches for a catering company I was constantly told “we don’t do these things” or "you aren’t ordering enough food" which translated into "I haven’t spoken to you but you aren’t spending enough money". Imagine my amusement at the constant phone calls and emails when I would come back and say "Sorry to hear that, our budget was $X but I understand". From the first email with Jackie it’s like she new exactly what I was talking about and never once made assumptions. She was friendly and bent over backwards for anything we needed.
    Food… Oh my GOD, it was fantastic. My husband and I are definitely foodies so our expectations were very high. The chef put together amazingly unique flavor combinations resulting in a little piece of heaven with each bite. We received so many compliments from guests and I still crave some of the items daily. Many of our guests were the meat and potatoes type so it was great to walk around to tables and hear “What on earth am I eating, it’s amazing”, that would be vegetarian dolmas – you know stuffed grape leaves. It was too funny!! My only regret was being too occupied to eat more.
    Service at event… The staff was wonderful. The moment my husband and I came into the room they brought over the appetizer trays, wine and a plate with every single item from the menu. They consistently checked in with us but were not overbearing in any way. The guests said the staff was friendly and attentive and helped explain many of the menu items. They even put together an ice chest full of items and sparkling wine for us to take back to the hotel.
    So long story short – HIRE GIL’S!!!! You will not be disappointed. If only we could convince them to open a restaurant. I will definitely use Gil’s for any future catering needs I have.

Sent on 11/07/2011

Gil's Elegant Catering's reply:

Aimee & Steven: THANK YOU so much for the glowing review.. It was truly a pleasure helping you create the perfect menu for your wedding and we are so thrilled that you are so happy!! Please call us anytime because we would love to cater for you again!
    Sincerely - Jackie & the Gil's team

Jennie · Married on 10/01/2011

Our food was absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Rachael · Married on 07/16/2011

I love Jackie at Gil's Elegant Catering! She always responded the my emails the day I sent them to her and she always made suggestions, not just on the food, also on linens! The staff was great at the wedding. They had food and drinks ready for us at our sweetheart table so we didn't have to go through our buffet line. They even sent food and wine in a cooler for us to take back to our hotel, which was perfect because we really didn't get to eat much with people coming over to say hello. We were really happy with everything!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Amy · Married on 04/30/2011

Gil's Catering is amazing! I cant even count how many of our guest said "Best Wedding Food We Have Ever Had." Everyone just couldnt stop raving. Brenda is wonderful to work with and they will customize anything to your needs. If you need a caterer, I wouldn't look any further as they are so reasonable and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/11/2011

Mary · Married on 09/05/2010

Gil's was great! The food was amazing and we are still getting compliments on it and the mac n cheese station :) But the best part for us, was the cute picnic basket put together for us in our limo on the way out from our get-away to our wedding night :) Delicious!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Kaylee · Married on 07/31/2010

This is the second event we had Gil's cater for our family, my wedding & my brother's wedding. The food was delicious, we had duet of chicken & steak with twice baked potatoes & green beans & carrots, and the service was impeccable. Our friends and family were raving about how good the food was and how great the staff was. Brenda was great to work with, easy to communicate with and very accommodating. I would hire them again for another event. We had our reception at the Cotton Mill- where there is no kitchen & had 270 people so they did a great job. Thank you

Sent on 04/08/2011
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 04/02/2010

Brenda with Gil's catering went above and beyond with the catering services at our reception. We had a buffet style dinner, but the staff gave special attention to the family of the bride and groom and made them feel special. And of course they made my husband and I feel like royalty. All the guests raved about the food!!! Excellent!

Sent on 05/20/2010

Cindy · Married on 03/27/2010

When I first booked Gil's as my caterer, I had booked them along with the venue, the Empire Room. I was at first not too impressed with the girl (Laura) that handled my account, but she quit shortly thereafter I signed up with them. Then, under a very unfortunate circumstance, the Empire Room was no longer available about 2 months away from my wedding, which was at no fault of Gil's nor I. Brenda from Gil's took over my account immediately, and we worked together to get me a new venue ASAP. Because of them, I was able to get married at my dream venue and no extra cost/penalty to me. I deeply appreciated their professionalism and flexibility during this time, and crisis was averted, resulting in the perfect wedding. In addition, all the guests raved about the food and service. I would highly recommend Gil's to cater at your wedding reception.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Becky · Married on 03/12/2010

I contacted Gil's 2 weeks before my daughter's wedding when the caterer we had booked proved unable to provide the services they had originally offered. Without exception, everyone we worked with at Gil's was professional and gracious. They did an outstanding job. I only wish we would have booked them in the first place!

Sent on 03/29/2010

Melanie · Married on 12/12/2009

Wonderful food and wonderful staff! Very attentive and professional!

Sent on 02/23/2010

Eleanor · Married on 05/02/2009

Gil's did an amazing job at my wedding - the food was SOOO good and pretty and they really worked with me on the prices! I loved everything about using Gils!

Sent on 04/14/2010

Leslie · Married on 11/29/2008

Gil's food was over the top, so tastful that our guests couldn't get enough!!! Many wanted to go back for seconds! Rachel and the rest of the staff at Gil's was very plesant to work with during the planning process! At the reception the staff was excellent and went beyond meetings everyones needs. Our signature drink was not an easy one and Gil's was so cooperative and helped out a huge deal with the signature drink! Thank you to Rachel and the rest of the staff at Gil's you guys are AWESOME!

Sent on 02/10/2009

Melissa · Married on 11/08/2008

My wedding was in November, and people still talk about how amazing the food was!

Gil's was such a blessing ... Rachel Pulliam was amazing to work with and everything was just beautiful. Thank you!

Sent on 04/07/2009
  • O

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2007

I have been told and agree this is the best food I have ever had at a wedding. They had so many options. Their service was incredible. My glass of wine was never empty, and the head waitress was very attentive. They really know what they are doing. I would use them again if I had the chance.

Sent on 08/26/2008

Sue · Married on 06/13/2015

Gil's is the most amazing caterer. Their food is remarkablly the best wedding food we have ever had. Our guest raved on and on how wonderful the food was. We never ran out of a single item. I have another daughter who will be getting married in the near future and I can assure you, we will use Gil's. Additionally, their food choices and options are unique, tasty, and beautiful! Jackie, our Gil's coordinator, was over the top organized and a take charge person. She made everything flow perfectly. On a scale of 1-10, Gils is a 10....a must have if they aren't already booked! Thanks Gil's for a remarkable evening!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 04/28/2012

They were amazing! Jackie was wonderful to work with, our wait staff, bar tenders were very friendly and did no dissapoint. Now to the food! I had multiple people complement me on how it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten and how great the set up was. We did stations that were set up in mutiple areas of our venue, I never saw a wait and people were able to go around and vist multiple food site - not wait in line for food. I WILL use Gil's agian! I am still dreaming of there mac and cheese!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Chad · Married on 09/03/2011

Gil's Elegant Catering did a superb job for food/drinks for our wedding reception. We received tons of compliments on the quality of the food. The caterer ensured the bride, groom, and their parents were all served food quickly by delivering plates directly to those tables. Also, although they were not responsible for an error on the grooms cake, Jackie went out of her way to correct the mishap and did a good job fixing things up.

Sent on 10/30/2011

Gil's Elegant Catering's reply:

Thank you Amy & Chad for the nice words about Gil's! It was truly a pleasure being part of your wedding and we wish lots of happiness for many many years to come!!!

Working with Jackie from Gil's was great! She was very accomodating to our requests and the food was delicious!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Gail · Married on 10/27/2013

My guests raved about the food. Brenda Donnelly was very responsive, accommodating and flexible with my menu changes. Gil's was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Katie · Married on 08/11/2013

Gil’s was very easy to work with, and they responded promptly when I e-mailed or called them. They’re especially great for a wedding at the Dallas Arboretum because they provide the food at the restaurant there and are very familiar with the facilities. Gil’s was able to customize a menu that fit exactly what I had in mind for my wedding day. The food and the service were both great. My only complaint is that I asked for a build-your-own breakfast taco station (and paid extra for it), and they had the tacos pre-prepared. I shoulder part of the blame for this myself because I didn’t emphasize that the build-your-own aspect was important to me, so I’d recommend being very clear with them if you have any specific wishes. However, that was only a small hiccup in an otherwise great experience!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Alayna · Married on 10/08/2011

Gil's did an excellent job at our wedding. We were so excited about the menu we chose, and Gil's didn't disappoint. Everything tasted incredible! Even almost a month after the wedding, we are still hearing from our guests that the food was fabulous. Our guests especially loved the late-night snack of chocolate chip cookies and milk that Gil's served.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Gil's Elegant Catering's reply:

Alayna- it was so wonderful to be part of your wedding! The room looked beautiful
    And it was a true pleasure to serve you and your guests!! Thanks again for choosing Gils!!!!