Gidas Flowers Reviews

Gidas Flowers 3
Gidas Flowers 4
Gidas Flowers 5

Alexandra · Married on 09/12/2015

Let me start this review by saying two things: 1. I know very little about flowers 2. I use Pinterest a lot I had a very specific idea in my head of what I wanted my flowers to look like for my wedding day. I also had a very specific budget (thank you Pinterest). When I met with Laurie at Gidas Flowers, she knew exactly the kind of aesthetic I was aiming for, and showed me what flowers we could use to get it, while still staying in budget. Laurie and team were so easy to work with, and were able to keep up with any last minute changes we made. Laurie had great ideas that helped tie our wedding day decor all together. The flowers were delivered on time and were beautiful. I was brought to tears when I saw my bridal bouquet! It was exactly what I wanted. The centerpieces were also perfect, subtle and classy. I'm so happy with Gidas Flowers!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Kara · Married on 09/02/2015

I can't say enough good things about Gidas Flowers! I really had no idea what flowers I wanted and when I brought in some pictures they made the flowers look perfect. They dropped the flowers off at the chapel and at the reception place and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything was great thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

I would highly recommend Gidas for wedding flowers. Jason and Laurie were great to work with. They were extremely responsive and accomodating. We were planning from out of town and couldn't meet in person for a few months. They made a mock up centerpiece and sent us a picture via email. It really helped us visualize everything. They were on time the day of and everything was perfect! From our bouquets to ceremony flowers and centerpieces were all so beautiful! They helped our day be exactly what we wanted. I would recommend them to anyone having a wedding in Pittsburgh!!

Sent on 09/19/2015

I cannot say enough good things about working with Gidas for my wedding. The flowers turned out absolutely beautifully and every bouquet and centerpiece was gorgeous. Every individual that I worked with at Gidas was very responsive and helpful and they made choosing the flowers for my wedding incredibly easy and stress-free. I highly recommend them and promise that you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Hannah · Married on 07/25/2015

Gidas is the best! I cannot recommend them highly enough. Laurie and Carol are amazingly talented, kind, flexible, and helpful. The entire team are professionals and their work reflects it. The flowers for my wedding were stunning!

Sent on 08/08/2015

I would highly recommend Gidas Flowers for any event. They were all so nice to work with and did a great job. My wedding looked beautiful! I am still receiving compliments on my wedding flowers. They were able to work with in my budget and provide a professional opinion on what to choose for my big day. I could not be any happier with how everything turned out. Thanks!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Jaira · Married on 05/30/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Gidas! The entire staff was wonderful to work with. Laurie and Carol designed the most beautiful arrangements for our entire wedding. What we REALLY loved about Gidas was that they order your flowers and do mock up arrangements of what you talked about in depth on your first meeting. It was so relieving to see them arranged before the wedding so I knew they would be perfect. They were actually even more wonderful at the wedding than the mock up (which were still amazing!). We received many compliments on the flowers at our wedding. I HIGHLY recommend working Gidas. They are excellent in service, professionalism and responsiveness to emails/calls.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Debra · Married on 05/24/2015

I'm so pleased with the flowers that Gidas Flowers provided for our wedding! Everything was perfect, they made sure everything little detail was taken care of. They truly took my vision and made it gorgeous :) Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/11/2015
  • ENov

Erin · Married on 12/27/2014

WONDERFUL Flower vendor. Very easy to work with, and to beautiful results. Could not be happier with Gidas!!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Natasha · Married on 12/27/2014

I worked with Laurie Gidas at Gidas Flowers and she was quite professional and willing to work with me long-distance (I planned my wedding from another state). When I first met Laurie, I actually missed our first meeting (due to me forgetting to update my calendar for the time change from my state to Pennsylvania) and she worked me into her schedule later in the day. I really appreciated the flexibility even though I was unbelievably embarrassed that I had made such a stupid mistake. I had given Laurie just an idea of the type of bouquet I wanted because I do not know much about flowers, flower arrangements, and flower names. From the general idea she was able to make a beautiful arrangement for my wedding and she was willing to take things out or add things in when I felt a change was needed. The price for the flowers was a bit high, however I knew that it would be expensive going into it and the bouquets ended up looking fantastic at our wedding venue so it was worth it in the end. We ended up getting 1 bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 17 centerpieces, and 1 toss bouquet.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Our flowers were wonderful. We got great advice and excellent service, even though we had some special requests. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Gidas was great to work with and our flowers were stunning!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

I used Gidas for my wedding flowers in August 2014. Laurie helped me mostly and she was very patient and helped me make my decisions. They met me a few different times and I saw my flowers a few days before the wedding and was unhappy with a few things. They went out of their way to make the necessary changes to ensure that I was happy with everything. The flowers turned out beautifully!!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Trang · Married on 08/03/2014

Laurie is amazing! We brought pictures of the bouquets and described what we wanted for the boutonnieres when we met with her. The final products were exactly what we wanted. The entire process was easy, from all meetings and e-mails, payments, and delivery of the flowers on our wedding day before the ceremony. We highly recommend working with Gidas Flowers!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Alexandra · Married on 05/25/2014

The florist spent a great deal of time with us planning and designing exactly what we had in mind. The bouquets were fresh, beautifully done, and admired by all our guests.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Beautiful flowers, excellent service & exactly matched the "vision" I had. It was expensive, but still was worth it because they understood exactly what I wanted and my centerpieces were awesome! Laurie was super helpful and flexible with any changes and questions that I had. Thank you Gidas!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Kristin · Married on 03/01/2014

LOVED my flowers! Laurie is very sweet, knowledgeable and easy to work with. She helped shape my vision, and answered all my emails very timely. They delivered all flowers on time to our hotel room, and made the fresh flowers on our cake look so pretty. Very happy with Laurie and everyone at Gidas. Their work was beautiful and she offered tons of ideas and wonderful service. Would return again for any other flower needs in future.

Sent on 03/16/2014

Abby · Married on 10/12/2013

Gidas is very professional, yet personal. They worked closely with us to make wedding decisions. THey also were very flexible with us as we changed our minds frequently.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Brittany · Married on 09/28/2013

Laurie and her team at Gidas Flowers did an amazing job on our wedding flowers! We had so many guests comment to us on how gorgeous the flowers were, that they were elegant yet simple, and everyone wanted their website to see what other flowers and products they offer. I took my mom and matron of honor to the shop to meet with Laurie and didn't have much of an idea about what I wanted in our wedding flowers but she helped me create the most gorgeous arrangements for the centerpieces, place card table, bridesmaid bouquets, and mothers corsages. I can't say enough about the fantastic customer service, value for my money, and gorgeous creations that the team did for us.
    Thank you for playing such a significant role in our dream wedding :)

Sent on 10/09/2013

Marisa · Married on 08/17/2013

We are so happy we booked Gidas Flowers for our August 17, 2013 wedding. Laurie was a pleasure to work with and was extremely easy to get ahold of.

Our flowers were truly breathtaking. Everything from the bouquets, to the altar arrangements, to the centerpieces and the flowers on the cake, was absolutely perfect. We were blown away by each and every item provided by Gidas. We also provided rosary beads and bouquet charms. They were interwoven so perfectly into my bouquet, and we are having it preserved!

Thanks Gidas Flowers!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Laurie and her team at Gidas Florists were awesome to work with. They answered every email, phone call and concern I had. They were also very flexible with working with me and taking my ideas and making them into something beautiful !

Gidas was the Florist at my sisters wedding 20 years ago! They were definitely worth the return visit and selection for my wedding!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2013

Laurie and everyone at Gidas did an EXCELLENT job for our wedding. I was so happy with the way all of the flowers turned out. I worked with Laurie the entire time and was really happy with the whole process. She was extremely helpful in suggesting ideas based off of what I was thinking of and always willing to run with whatever ideas I had. It was so stress-free to make decisions because she made it clear that it was fine to change my mind at any point (which I did a lot!) They were also awesome with the deliveries, even making a special stop to take our bouquets to the hotel before taking the rest of the ceremony flowers to the church. Great company with amazing service. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Gidas flowers did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! Working with Laurie was great and she was really easy to get in touch with. I was trying to have beautiful flowers without going overboard with the budget, and she really worked with me to try and get what I wanted without spending a fortune. It was great that everything was delivered and I didn't have to worry about setting up anything, and Laurie had a great idea of keeping our bouquets in vases at the head table as extra decor, as well as to keep them looking fresh through the reception. The flowers were gorgeous and I would recommend Gidas Flowers to any future brides.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Couldn't have asked for a better florist. The centerpieces and bouquets/corsages were absolutely beautiful! Every staff member at Gidas was so friendly and helpful - made the experience fun and painless.

Sent on 11/05/2012
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/08/2012

The flowers for our wedding were absolutely gorgeous!!! I was speechless when I got to the venue and saw our bouquets! We couldn't have been happier! I have never seen more beautiful flowers. The colors were so vibrant! It was better than I could have imagined. Carole and Laurie were very helpful and receptive when we met to discuss the arrangements. They are so creative and have amazing ideas! They worked with me on my budget and helped to cut cost, but are worth every penny! Everyone is still talking about them! I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work!

Sent on 09/22/2012