Gibson Hair and Makeup Reviews

6 | Charleston, SC

6 Reviews for Gibson Hair and Makeup

Laura · Married on 05/19/2018

We used the talented stylists at Gibson Hair and Makeup for our wedding in May 2018. Several members of my family also saw Jerri for cuts and color the week of the wedding as well. We were so happy with all of our experiences at Gibson. Jerri is delightful to chat with and did a great job on all of our cut and color.

The morning of the wedding, it was absolutely pouring but the space inside the salon is warm and inviting. We had initially planned on doing everything at our home downtown but last minute the salon was able to accomodate us doing everything in salon as a few women wanted traditional blowouts. I also really appreciated that the salon allotted us enough people to get all of our hair and make up done in the amount of time allotted. We had 9 women getting full hair and makeup and 3 hair stylists and 2 makeup women. This actually allowed us to be done early (a first!) and more time to eat breakfast before getting dressed. I highly recommend using Gibson for your wedding and general hair needs!

Sent on 06/16/2018

britt · Married on 09/15/2017

Jerri Hanna was the woman who did my bridal hair and my color. SHE IS AMAZING. so sweet and very flexible with trying anything you would like. I changed my whole style the day of my wedding compared to my trail run and she even colored my hair the day before to make sure it would look perfect for the style I wanted. Their staff is so generous and definitely worth the price.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Gibson Hair + Makeup, they are amazing. If you want to look like you just walked out of a wedding magazine, look no further. They did an outstanding job on my hair and makeup. I had an idea of how I wanted my hair to look but I was not sure about makeup. They did a great job with my makeup (not caked on, just right) and complimented it with my hair. They also made sure that my bridesmaids were happy with their hairstyles as well. My aunt was with me during this special day and she had never had her hair or makeup done professionally before so this was special treat for her.

Gibson Hair + Makeup are true professionals. I would recommend them to locals and people who are planning destination weddings. You will not be dissappointed with them.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Allison · Married on 12/14/2013

Chery is a rockstar when it comes to hair, make up, and ideas!!! She will exceed your expectations leaving you eagerly ready to see her again!! She is my favorite stylist!!!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Laura · Married on 03/25/2017

Lara is amazing-as are all of the stylists! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair (whether they chose up-do or style.) My hair was gorgeous! Plus we had so much fun getting ready.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Lara at Gibson is a godsend! She made my wedding hair and makeup experience top of the line. Everyone complimented how great and perfectly me it looked. Makeup scares me and she made me super comfortable and made everything look natural, yet done up. She even squeezed in my grandma at the last minute. All of the other bridesmaids, but one, loved their hair and it stayed throughout the night.

Sent on 05/23/2016