Gervasi Vineyard Reviews

Gervasi Vineyard 4
Gervasi Vineyard 5
Gervasi Vineyard 6

Ann Marie · Married on 06/23/2018

We loved our experience with Gervasi! Everything was darn near perfect. The food was exceptional, the service is 5 stars, the views are spectacular! My only issue was finding out that after spending the money to book an entire villa for my wedding party we had to spend $16 more each day over 2 guests in each suite. Each suite holds more than 2 adults. So, breakfast was not complimentary for anybody over 8 adults each day. We were surprised that the additional cost added up to nearly an extra $300! When the cost of renting a Villa is thousands, one shouldn’t need to have to pay extra for breakfast for those staying.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Gervasi Vineyard's reply:

Ann Marie – We are delighted that you felt your experience at Gervasi Vineyard was “darn near perfect” and gave our service a 5-star rating! We take great pride in delivering an exceptional experience to our guests. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the costs for breakfast in the Villas. On our website it states the rates for each suite includes breakfast for two guests. While we do not charge extra fees for additional guests to share a suite, there is a cost to add breakfast at $16/person. After investigating your charges further, we confirmed the charges for the additional breakfasts were $128. There was a total of $346 in charges; those fees included wine, beer and food purchases on our property. We hope this helps to clarify your expenses and put you mind at ease. We sincerely wish you and your new groom all the best as you begin your lives together!

Sara · Married on 01/27/2018

Our wedding was 1/27/18. We had our ceremony in the conservatory and reception in the ballaria. Our wedding was amazing and the staff treated us like royalty. If you want a wedding of a life time Gervasi will make that dream come true !

Sent on 01/31/2018

Gervasi Vineyard's reply:

Sara, on behalf of Gervasi Vineyard, we are so pleased that you and your husband had such an amazing experience on property for your wedding day! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day and taking the time to write a review! Gervasi aims to provide a unique experience and exceed guest expectations. We wish you and your husband all the best and look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.

angela · Married on 10/28/2017

We just got married and held our reception at Gervasi. We loved the experience. From the time we walked in the doors, we knew this would be our venue. The food was fantastic and the staff was so accommodating.

Gervasi held their annual food tasting event, which I wasn't able to make it to. My mom and her friend went and sampled all the options, so that we would know what we wanted at the reception. Everything was so delicious that it was hard to choose from. The wines and desserts were obviously amazing, too.

Rachel, who helped coordinate our event, was prompt in replying when we had questions. She made sure everything (picture frames, guest book, card box) went where it was supposed to. We were not stressed going in, at all.

The reception was beautiful. It rained that day so unfortunately, it was a bit muddy taking pictures out near the lake. There was some duck/goose droppings, too, which wasn't very attractive but not horrible. We chose to hold our reception at the Ballaria Sophia because of its indoor/outdoor option - but it was too cold and wet to use the outside, which was kind of a bummer. I don't think anyone would have wanted to go outside and walk around, anyways. Everything was beautiful inside. The food was served hot, which was so important to us, and with a stunning presentation. The dessert table was gorgeous.

Afterward, the staff helped clean and pack everything up neatly. They gave us the rest of our cake, the rest of our opened but unfinished wine and a whole new bottle for the newlyweds.

Overall, we wouldn't have changed a thing about this venue. It made for the most perfect day.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Penny · Married on 07/02/2017

The Conservatory and il Cantino were perfect for our intimate wedding. We based our selection of venue primarily on the quality of Gervasi's food and wine. Our luxury villa was just steps away from both the ceremony and reception sites. This allowed me to enjoy what few brides experience, a stress-free wedding day. Our wait staff was attentive beyond measure, wanting to make sure my day was perfect. We are completely satisfied with our decision to wed at Gervasi Vineyard and cannot imagine having selected any other venue.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Kelsie · Married on 08/26/2016

We had Rachel as a wedding coordinator for our wedding and she ROCKED! So quick to respond to my emails, answers were clear and detailed, all meetings with her went smooth and she wrote down every detail we requested and made our visions come true. Rachel made the wedding planning process a breeze. She set up our wedding decor/centerpieces beautifully and even took time to shine the glasses and vases we brought. She even saved me 750 corks to use for part of my DIY decor. Aside from our awesome wedding coordinator, Gervasi is beautiful. My husband and I love it here. We had one of our first dates here, got engaged here, and got married here. It's romantic, relaxing, and food is delicious. The prices are up there, but it is worth it.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Erin · Married on 05/07/2016

Gervasi Vineyard's Ballroom provided the exact backdrop we were hoping to achieve for our wedding reception. The venue is lovely and the food/wine were terrific. I would not hesitate booking Gervasi Vineyard for a future event. Rachel Reda was an amazing coordinator to work with - professional, speedy, accommodating and personable.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Kirsten · Married on 10/09/2015

Words can't even describe how incredibly amazing this venue and the people who helped make my wedding possible are. Throughout the entire process, I had an event coordinator who was always available to answer questions, which really helped make the process easier and less stressful. Everyone that I worked with was friendly, responsive, and flexible.

The food and wine were incredible and the overall location is beyond gorgeous. While the services they provide are on the more expensive side, it was definitely worth it in the end. I can confidently say that Gervasi helped make my wedding an event that people will be talking about for years to come!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Carolyn · Married on 06/07/2014

Gervasi is such a beautiful place to get married! We really enjoyed the experience of working with Rachel and everyone. Everyone was very responsive and made sure we had all the details down! :) I was really happy that I didn't have to worry with such a professional and detail-oriented coordinator. The process was easy and everything was perfect!!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Alina · Married on 06/23/2019

Amazing view

The place looks gorgeous and staff is professional and reliable.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Mackenzie Cossick · Married on 09/20/2018

Wedding Fall 2018

Wonderful! The gervasi staff really made our wedding special and easy to plan!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Gervasi Vineyard 7

Mackenzie,

We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience at Gervasi Vineyard! It was an honor to be apart of your special day.
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for future brides to reference. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

everything was beautiful!!!!! Would recommend

Sent on 08/03/2012

Sandy ·

Our first and only choice for our daughter's wedding

Gervasi was our first and only pick for our daughter's wedding! We had stayed there several times before and knew it would be perfect. From the serene lake with a swan that seems to appear on cue for photos, the calm and luxurious environment of the villas, the delicious food, and the Gervasi staff who are always attentive, professional and friendly, we knew we would find no better place to enjoy this celebration.
    A few suggestions:
    You may want to ask the event coordinator for pictures of how your food selections will be displayed at your reception so your vision is carried out.
    Consider asking the staff to have a sandwich platter or small plates of munchies available for your bridal party while getting ready on your day. There is a lot going on between breakfast and the reception, and you will want something to keep you going.
    Above all, an event at Gervasi is the perfect choice!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Sandy,

On behalf of Gervasi Vineyard, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for future brides to reference. We are so delighted to hear that your expectations for your daughter's wedding were satisfied. We strive to provide the best wedding experience for our couples. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to take part of such a special day! Best wishes to the happy couple!

3.5

Gervasi is definitely the most beautiful venue in the Akron/Canton area, and its prices match, but I was overall very happy with my choice. The venue is gorgeous and there are so many beautiful photo ops on the property. The food is also amazing--SO much better than typical wedding fare.

I planned my wedding from out of state and the head wedding coordinator Laura did a great job keeping me in the loop and answering my emails promptly-I LOVED her. Laura went on maternity leave the week before my wedding, but had set me up communicating with her assistant Jordan who was also fantastic and helped me finalize all my last minute details and was a fantastic communicator.

The downfall was the day of the wedding when Jordan was not present at my reception and the two women who were there failed to execute the plans I had worked with Jordan and Laura on. Neither woman introduced themselves to myself or my husband (totally unprofessional) and claimed that they did not receive my seating arrangements and had to do set up until the 11th hour. We also asked them to handle a guest issue for us and they completely ignored the request. Finally, this is a small detail but, the servers put out the butter horus before guests arrived on our 90* wedding day--common sense would have caught that as a no no, and it makes me nervous about what other food safety issues may have happened that I was unaware of. Through the year+ of planning I had only the highest opinion of Gervasi as a venue, but the reception itself left a bad taste in my mouth. I think Gervasi needs to up its wedding staff if it plans to continue throwing 2 weddings a day, otherwise it's customer service will continue to suffer.

Sent on 08/24/2012

4.2
      3.0

My husband and I were looking to have an outdoor wedding and we could not have found a better location! After viewing the property, we knew we couldn't beat this location. We met with Jeff originally to book the event and he was great! Very friendly and prompt at responding to any questions we had. We were then referred to Stacey who was our wedding planner and she was great! Very friendly and also great at responding to any questions or concerns we had.

Our wedding was on a Friday, and we booked one of the Villa rooms for Thursday and Friday night (there was a 2 night minimum). They are absolutely beautiful!

I will say Gervasi has many rules, some that they do not explain upfront before signing the contract, such as the photographer contract. Our photography contract stated we only had access to the surrounding areas of the Pavilion (ceremony/reception site), such as the Stone Arch and Tree Grove, the North Vineyard and the North side of the lake. Unless you booked an entire Villa, you are not allowed to take pictures in the lobby area, as this can disturb other guests.

Everything went pretty smooth the day of the event, no major issues. Stacey was there the whole day to make sure everything went ok. She was great at helping set up everything! I had requested in a previous email that their Lambrusco be served at the head table for our toast and noticed it was missing during the speeches. Not a huge deal, but for the premium you pay to have your wedding here, attention to detail should not be an issue.

The food was outstanding! We also had their dessert tray, incredible! Highly recommend!

Was everything perfect? No, but what wedding is? Gervasi is absolutely gorgeous and we were very happy and grateful to have booked our venue here. Everyone was very professional and friendly that we encountered. It was absolutely beautiful and we have no regrets.

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • W

Willie · Married on 06/08/2018

3.8
      2.0

So first let me say I wish I could split the review from the actual venue staff and the wedding coordinator we were assigned. We got Kendyll and pretty much from the beginning her response time was subpar to say the least. Trying to set up a consultation took a week, because she didnt respond. We couldn't proceed with other things (invites, flowers, cake) because we were waiting for a response from her. It seemed like every time we needed her she was out of the office. When our final balance was due we couldn't reach her because she was out of the office. That happened more than once. A few days before our wedding day I specifically asked will there be people staying in the villas. We booked the Ballaria Sophia and we didn't want people walking through during our ceremony. Kendyll told me yes people booked the villas but she and her team would make sure people wouldn't roam through our ceremony space. That was not the case. Guests from the wedding in the pavilion invaded our space before, after our ceremony, and while we were taking pictures on the veranda. Again we asked Kendyll to take care of this. She sent people on her team to prevent people from walking through which they absolutely did not. We still had to shoo guests from the other wedding because they were in our pictures!. Eventually, we tasked our family members to stand at the entrances to our ceremony space and reroute the guests from the other wedding. We were told we had access to the south vineyards for pictures, this was not the case. Gervasi had those vineyards sprayed earlier in the week we could not use them. This should have been communicated to us by Kendyll it never was.

Now the good. The food was great, everything ran smoothly. Bar was great. The setup was perfect. The staff was awesome and super helpful. My only thing was Kendyll, I feel like for the amount of money we paid for Gervasi the quality of service from our coordinator should have been significantly better.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Gervasi Vineyard's reply:

On behalf of Gervasi Vineyard, we appreciate the feedback that you have shared with us about your wedding day. We are happy to hear that everything ran smoothly, including the food and bar, and that our event team was “awesome” and “very helpful”. We are sorry to hear your coordination services did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not our standard. For this misstep, we apologize. Our goal at Gervasi Vineyard is to provide an amazing wedding experience for all involved from start to finish. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact to our Event Services Manager at 330-497-1000 ext. 132. Our best wishes to the new bride and groom!

3.6
      3.0

Gervasi is a beautiful place but very expensive. For what you are paying, he quality of service should be better. Overall, I am glad we got married at Gervasi, it is a beautiful and special place and the food is great--but, you pay a premium.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/24/2015

3.4
      3.5

Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous! The planner provided to us was not very detail oriented or organized which made things a bit of a headache, but in the end... we had a gorgeous day that we will never forget and people cannot stop talking about the venue! If you want a venue that makes you feel like you are no longer in miserable and grey ohio... this is your place!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Marie · Married on 07/06/2012

2.2
      2.0

Beautiful setting but don't depend on Gervasi to pay attention to detail or listen. We hired a wedding planner and even she was disappointed with the level of professionalism and lack of detail. We made it clear on 3 different occasions that we would like white linens and ended up with wrong color napkins. Also, we were to have wine passed during cocktail hour (also mentioned and even WRITTEN in the timeline from THEM) and my wedding planner had to tell their "event coordinator" that they forgot and make sure that it was done. We had a villa for 2 nights and that was royally booked wrong by their "event coordinator". We were the first ever to book a villa there and they "forgot" to put us in the villa we had requested. From a cost standpoint there is a large facility fee that goes towards nothing, and all of their beverages are a la carte. You will be billed per drink (yes that includes soda as well) We never got the bottles of wine that were opened and supposed to recorked and sent with us. I would never ever recommend this place to another bride until they learn how to treat people and be respectful of the business that you are giving them. They are short staffed and need to learn how to listen and pay attention to detail. It's too bad such a beautiful place needs a lesson on customer service and tact. Just for kicks if you want to book Gervasi; go visit a few other venues just to see how thankful they are for your business. Then, you'll see how Gervasi could care less that you are spending so much money with them.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/10/2018

1.2
      1.5

If you’re looking for a vendor you can trust, look elsewhere. Make sure to get everything in writing and closely review the contract BEFORE placing your deposit. My fiancé and I were unbelievably disappointed after we were promised a lower, off-season, rate for the villas (which was very important to us considering the majority of our guests were coming from out of town). However, we learned AFTER placing our deposit that we were given incorrect information and the villas were nearly $2,000 more a NIGHT! It only got worse when the more we talked about the contract, the more we realized how much false information we were given during our initial meeting. The sales director offered a $200 gift card, which hardly compared to the jump in price after we placed our deposit. This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful venue we found in Ohio but we will not support a venue that operates like this one.

Disappointed is an understatement; this venue really needs to reevaluate their customer service.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Gervasi Vineyard's reply:

On behalf of Gervasi Vineyard, we apologize if you felt mislead regarding any information provided to you by the event sales specialist at your initial visit. Our sales specialist shared with you the rates for The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard for one date. As indicated, the rates for Villa suites vary, depending upon day of the week and time of year. When you changed your wedding date, a higher rate for the Villa suites was applicable (not because you were misquoted). I apologize again if you did not feel this was properly conveyed. Please note the rates for all of the Villas suites are published on our website and may be viewed by any guest at any time. Because you were so upset, as a good will gesture, we offered you compensation in the form of a gift card to use at your discretion. We strive for excellence in customer service and work hard to exceed the expectations of our guests. With that stated, Gervasi Vineyard went above and beyond the necessary guidelines and released you from your contract with NO penalty. The previous five star reviews show that we continue to conduct our business in a manner in which we provide a wonderful experience for our brides on their wedding day. I am sorry that you chose to cancel your wedding at Gervasi Vineyard and wish you well.

0.8
      1.0

I am having my wedding in 2014 and they have been absolutly miserable to deal with. The wedding coordinator and the owners are not there for your day, but to collect a check. They actually told me they cannot guarantee that i will be able to hold my rehearsal on the grounds..ANYWHERE, but force a two night minimum on you for the stay in the villas. I have not even had my wedding and i am not happy. All they care about is how much they can charge andhow many things they can book back to back. And you are not allowed to personalize anything. Everytime i ask a question the answer is No we won't, no we can't. No No No. I am so far not pleased with the wedding coordinator is a conceited rude woman.

Sent on 02/11/2014