Gerad's Florist & Decorators Reviews

18 | Pleasantville, NJ

18 Reviews for Gerad's Florist & Decorators

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Erin · Married on 09/23/2011

We cannot begin to say how amazing it was to work with Eileen from Gerad's Florist for our wedding! We were fortunate enough to have a beautiful venue, but she had great suggestions and ideas to make it even more so. She was also great with working with our budget. I would HIGHLY recommend Gerad's Florist to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Jamie · Married on 08/26/2011

Fellow Brides: If you are anything like me, you have no idea what a hydrangea, dendrobium, or delphinium even is, let alone what combination of flowers will produce a lovely centerpiece. If that’s the case, you are in the right place, and have found the amazing duo, Eileen and Gerad (+team)! This was our second family wedding, and thankfully, our wacky family didn’t scare Eileen off the first time. Her patience really shined during our 3 meetings, especially when my fiancé expressed his grandeur idea for hanging centerpieces. Through my indecisiveness, Eileen helped calm my anxiety and assured me that the florals and decorations would all coordinate harmoniously. However, no matter how much you plan, things never go perfectly. My wedding was scheduled to take place the day before Hurricane Irene hit the coastal towns of New Jersey. With only hours to go before our walk down the aisle, the venue cancelled. Thankfully, a gracious family friend opened up their home for our wedding. And without hesitation, the Gerad’s team re-loaded the van with everything that they had just delivered to the original venue and headed for the private residence. Eileen even went the extra step to get the canopy from the shop so that the backyard wedding might look something like we had originally planned. Without even being asked, or muttering a word of discontent, the team decorated the entire residence with the florals, setup the candy bar display, unity candle, aisle runner, and canopy. If nothing else, you should hire Gerad’s for their magnificent and creative work, and just know you are getting world class service too!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2011

Flowers were BEAUTIFUL!! Working with Eileen was a pleasure...I never felt stressed or worried about anything.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Betsy · Married on 06/26/2010

Gerad's took an empty outdoor space and turned it into a fairy tale wedding spot. They transformed an ordinary ballroom into a magical space. The flowers were breathtaking, and the service was more than anyone could hope for. Eileen Gerad was delightful from the first time we met her and she was personally involved until the last detail was perfectly in place. Every guest raved about the magnificent table settings, the lighting, the canopy, the balcony flowers, and the entrance table. The bridal bouquets were magnificent and the bride/groom table was perfection. The cost seemed quite fair and we would highly recommend Gerad's for any occasion.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Thank you Betsy!! Your confidence in us gave us the latitude to bring Sarah and your visions to life! What a classic, elegant affair.No detail overlooked-you both planned a beautiful event and we are grateful to have been part of it:)

d · Married on 11/14/2009

Eileen was such a pleasure to work with!! Gerad's did an absolutely beautiful job with the flowers...church, bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, reception, everything! I received so many compliments and guests who took the centerpieces home said they were still alive a week later!

Sent on 05/07/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2009

Gerad's did a wonderful job! Everyone raved about my centerpieces. They were beautiful. I would definitely recommend using them.

Sent on 12/03/2009

leah · Married on 05/16/2009

Eileen at Gerad's was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She gently offered advice when it seemed necessary, was flexible with scheduling, and allowed for several decision changes along the way. The communication was always good and everyone was always pleasant. Best of all, there was never any worry about the services she would provide, and in the end, the flowers were more beautiful than I ever imagined. Everyone at my wedding remarked on the beautiful flowers. I would recommend Gerad's to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Thank you Leah! Your family is an incredible pleasure to work with and your confidence in my team made putting together a wedding plan for you a real delight~

Joyce · Married on 01/31/2009

Gerad's flowers were sooo beautiful. We got compliments on everything that they did, the bouquets, the boutonnieres, the centerpieces and even the flowers for the cake and cocktail hour! It was all gorgeous. Even the lighted curtain for behind the DJ was great. And the reduced sales tax is a nice plus!

Sent on 02/17/2009

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

thanks so much for the good words Joyce!!
    You and your mom were an absolute pleasure to work with.We are so happy you were pleased!!

Leigh · Married on 09/20/2008

I loved working with Eileen at Gerard's! I am very fickle and she was always so patient with me. She always responded to my emails promptly and would quickly send me updated pricing. Most importantly, I was absolutely in love with my flowers as was everyone who attended our wedding!!!

Sent on 11/24/2008

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Leigh, you were terrific to work with and I loved the photos you sent me.
    It was a beautiful day for a beautiful bride~Eileen

Marissa · Married on 08/30/2008

Gerad's is AMAZING. I loved working with them and they made the whole low stress. The flowers were beyond my expectations - we couldn't have been happier with the result. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 11/24/2008

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Thank you so much Marissa.Your wedding was so elegant,from beginning to end and it was fantastic to work with you and your Mom!~Eileen

Becky · Married on 08/26/2006

Gerad's was super easy to work with. I told them what I wanted and they made it happen.

Sent on 09/02/2008

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Thanks Becky, sorry so late on the reply.We loved working for you and your family. Say Hi to your Mom for us~Eileen & Gerad

D · Married on 07/17/2010

Gerad's provided the flowers and decorations for my wedding this past July. We met with several other flower vendors beforehand, and had a really hard time finding a place that we were happy with. Gerad's was finally recommended to us by a friend. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous! Eileen met with us several times and really listened to exactly what I wanted. She provided us with great ideas and gave our beach wedding the most beautiful tropical theme. Everyone complimented us on our flowers the whole day. My favorite part was that Eileen found a blue orchid that matched my brridesmaids' dresses so perfectly, and they look so amazing in all of our photos!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Thank you! Devonn and Tim you were absolutely fantastic to work with...what a fun, hip wedding you planned and the perfect day ( a little hot-haha) and the perfect venue! Best of luck in the future Mr and Mrs Lindsay:)
  • Alison&Brian2010

Alison · Married on 05/22/2010

I got quotes from 3 other florists in the AC area before hearing about Gerads. Gerad's offered a great balance of style and value. I had some fairly specific ideas, and Eileen was able to accommodate both my vision and budget. Most importantly, my flowers were beautiful!! I got the orchids and sweet peas I dreaming of, the church bouquets and pew decorations were gorgeous, and all of the reception pieces were perfect. I'm most proud of the beautiful wedding wreath Gerad's created for my parents' front door! So perfect!!

I got many compliments on the flowers! And what a deal, too. I highly recommend Gerad's for any bride in the AC area.

Sent on 12/11/2010
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 04/30/2011

Eileen at Gerad's was fantastic. We brought in pictures of the direction that we wanted to go in for our flowers and they did the rest! It was gorgeous. They even had this amazing acrylic column chuppah built for us which was exactly the right chuppah for our venue- we loved it! Thank you to Gerad's for making our wedding so gorgeous.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Keithe · Married on 06/18/2010

Gerad's florist is really a great vendor. The flowers looked flawless on my wedding day, and they are really easy to work with. It was also great that they did a mock up of the centerpieces because it gave me a better idea of what it would really look like on the wedding day. The only snag was that they forgot the flower girl baskets for the ceremony--it wasn't clear on the contract what was to be included for the flower girls. Otherwise, they really provide a great service.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Keithe- you were a gorgeous bride- YES, the flower girls-thankfully quick thinking on behalf of your Mother in law, pulled us through! It was a beautiful wedding through and through and we cannot wait to finally see the photos from STAK!

Shira · Married on 05/24/2009

I loved working with Eileen at Gerad's-- she was so helpful as she provided me with beautiful options that worked within my budget. She was a pleasure to work with and would recommend her confidently.

Sent on 06/17/2009

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

Thank YOU Shira, it was our pleasure to provide florals and decor for you and Brad at Seaview. You color & floral selection was just beautiful and made our job easy!!
  • JennB

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2008

Gerad's not only offered provide a beautiful selection of flowers at a very reasonable price. The selection of centerpieces, ceremony accents and general room decor was excellent. Eileen was a wonderful partner who helped us to realize an elegant fall theme while not clashing with our wedding colors. We enjoyed a flower sample and a clear and itemized estimate & invoice. Several pieces were able to moved from our ceremony room to our reception.

Sent on 11/16/2008

Gerad's Florist & Decorators's reply:

What a fabulous family! Your dad was so excited.It was my pleasure Jennifer,;Best Wishes for a bright future~Eileen

Kristen · Married on 11/13/2010

3.0

Eileen Gantert was absolutely wonderful to work with. I dont know much about flowers so I basically gave her freedom to do what she suggested based on my style, the wedding colors, our venue, etc. All of our floral pieces and decorations were beautiful. If you have the budget to do so, let her make the decisions (especially if she knows your venue) b/c she definitley knows best.

Sent on 12/06/2010