Georgina's Weddings & Banquets Reviews

53 | Bolton, CT

53 Reviews for Georgina's Weddings & Banquets

Jim · Married on 06/05/2015

George, Estrella and the entire Georgina's team could not have done a better job for our daughter’s recent wedding. From providing outstanding assistance at the ceremony, to a perfectly decorated reception room, to top level quality of food, everything went as smoothly as we could have imagined (actually far exceeded our expectations).

There were a few aspects to the day that we NEVER had any advance concerns about, and the assistance provided by everyone at Georgina's fit into that category. The peace of mind that they gave everyone was priceless.

We knew that we would have the evening that our daughter and her husband had always wanted. George and Estrella ensured that all of us had an absolutely WONDERFUL evening. Thank YOU!

Jim and Rhonda (parents of the bride)

Sent on 07/18/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Georgina's and we could not have been happier or more impressed. The day of the wedding George and Estrella were on top of things, helpful, professional and we couldn't have asked for a better wait staff at the reception. We truly enjoyed working with the both George and Estrella over the past few months. They made sure we had everything we needed and that the event went smoothly. The staff went above and beyond anything we could have hoped for. We had nothing but compliments from our guests on how great the food was as well as the service they received. We had looked at several venues for our wedding but nobody could beat what George had to offer us when we met with him. We highly recommend Georgina’s not only for any bigger events but even just for dining. Their portions are very generous and the service we have received has always been 5 star.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Leigh · Married on 09/28/2014

We were married on 9/28/14 and held our wedding reception at Georgina's in the Grecian Room. We would not have asked for a more perfect day! George and his staff saw to our EVERY need right from the very first meeting we had with him. They listened to what we needed and worked with us to make certain everything was perfect.....and it was! They went above and beyond to make certain all guests were treated like they were at home. The staff was professional, gracious, courteous and attentive to every need of every guest, not just us.

The room was beautifully decorated, romantic, and elegant. The meal was DELICIOUS. Everyone that attended raved about the food. The meal was served at a relaxed pace which allowed everyone to savor each course of their meal without feeling like they were being rushed to finish.

Again, we could not have asked for a more perfect place to hold our reception. George and his staff made our special day even more special with their attentiveness to detail, professionalism, and overall loving care to us and our guests.

We will definitely be back for dinner real soon! We will definitely be recommending Georgina's to anyone looking for a place to hold a reception........you can't go wrong with George and his staff at Georgina's.

Thank you George and staff.

Bryan and Leigh Maxa

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kellie · Married on 09/19/2014

Georgina's was the perfect place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! The gazebo out back, where our ceremony was held, was a picturesque spot and the waterfall and bridge were great for photos. The Grand Ballroom was beautiful and the staff was fantastic in taking care of our guests. Since our wedding our guests continue to compliment the venue's atmosphere and the staff's attentiveness. I am so glad we chose Georgina's for our special day!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2014

We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. From the moment we arrived to check out the venue for our wedding my husband and I knew Georgina’s was it! We got married in August and had our reception in the Grand Ballroom. We had 200 guests and everyone fit without a problem. Estrella could not have been more fantastic! She was easy to get in contact with and so helpful. I had so many questions and she was always quick to answer and made me feel at ease. The ballroom was beautifully decorated and the dance floor big enough for everyone to get out there and have a great time. Our guests as well as my husband and I were thoroughly impressed with the quality of food as well as the service. The staff was speedy, kind, and courteous. We wanted to have our guests dancing the night away and not having to sit at their tables all night, the food was served to all 200 guests smoothly and faster than I could have hoped for. The day was gorgeous with the sun shining and a few clouds in the sky, the beautifully landscaped gazebo area was a great location for pictures. The grounds were in excellent condition, we especially loved the fountain and bridge area. Our day was even more magical than we could have planned for, we didn’t want the night to end. We highly recommend Georgina’s to all our friends and family and anyone else looking for a fantastic wedding venue!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Nocera · Married on 08/22/2014

I fell in love with the venue as soon as I walked in and to top it off, it was the best price in town! They were there all night making sure myself, the groom and the bridal party were all set. They were very professional and made sure all areas of the hall were out together.

Sent on 08/24/2014
  • O

Tiffany · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I recently had my wedding reception at Georgina's back on July 19th. It was a beautiful day and the place is absolutely amazing and beautiful. Lisa was so helpful every step of the way. They are also very accommodating and will help to make your day the wedding of your dreams. The staff is absolutely amazing as well. The quality of everything you get at Georgina's is amazing. The food was great and delicious as well. You get a great amount of food and taste is very satisfying. My bridal party and I had so much fun taking pictures outside and in the bridal suite. We couldn't have asked for a better day or place to have our reception. Both my famnily and his enjoyed everything we were offered by Georgina's and the overall environment that was provided to us. Overall if you have your wedding reception or even your wedding at Georgina's it will be worth the time, money and effort.

We thank you so much for everything Georgina's has done to make our day memorable and special. We will definitely be using you guys again in the future for any other special events. Thanks you!

Mr. & Mrs. Ortiz
    (Ricardo & Tiffany)

Sent on 10/29/2014

Beautiful place and brand new bridal suite! Extremely reasonable price especially compared to other places, everyone knows how costly weddings can be. The entire staff made sure that all the guests, especially bride and groom were all set and got whatever anyone needed! We worked with the owner and coordinator and they promised everything would go perfect and it did. Amazing food, service and outdoor area for pictures. I simply cannot recommend them enough. We will definitely be holding future events here!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Matthew · Married on 06/07/2014

This place was AMAZING. My wife and I became real close with George and his wife and they made our wedding day so nice and we had nothing to worry or plan it was all taken care of !!! Thanks again

Sent on 10/15/2015

This is a wonderful reception venue and our experience was nothing short of amazing. From the event coordinator to our waitstaff and everyone in between. We will certainly recommend them again and again.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Milka · Married on 01/19/2014

The food and service was fantastic.

Sent on 05/09/2014

Milka · event on: 01/19/2014

Georgina's hosted an unforgettable night for us. Great prices, many options, and service was amazing! We would definitely recommend them for events!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Micki · Married on 11/01/2013

Our daughter was married at Georgina’s this past Friday. We could not be happier with every aspect of the service they provided. These people are pros… they guided us through every detail, and gave our daughter and new son-in-law the most elegant, beautiful, and joyous wedding I have ever attended. A special thank you goes to John Scheiblich, the banquet manager. His professionalism and attention to every detail (not to mention his good humor) was exceptional. Thank you John, and all of your wonderful staff at Georgina’s!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Andrea · event on: 10/19/2013

Very accommodating. Always on top of guests needs. Food was delicious and there were great portions. The venue is bright and cheery.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Amy · Married on 09/06/2013

Everything was perfect. Down to the smallest of details. I wouldnt change a thing about my wedding day. Everything was spectacular!John was awesome. Handled and problems that came up(such as my flower girls having secont thought at last minute) with such professionalism and grace. Hes great!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jan · Married on 08/31/2013

The banquet manager, John, at Georginas Restaurant and Banquets couldn't do enough for my daughter. The wedding reception was so successful due largely to the professionalism and the wonderful staff at Georginas. The food was wonderful; all the guests raved about it!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Tamara · Married on 05/24/2013

The entire process was incredible I wasn't nervous at all and I feel confident that things were going to be the way I wanted them to be, my entire family was I pressed on how organized and perfect everything was.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Kathy · Married on 10/20/2012

I have never experienced such willingness to do whatever was necessary to make us happy on our special day. Georgina's excels at such personalized service, such as special meals for food allergies, children. They bent over backwards checking and double checking all the fine details so that our event went off without a hitch. We had such positive comments from our guests about the whole night. The food was exceptional, service was top-notch, and during it all, they made us feel like we were their family! When the night was over the wedding coordinator was right there to ensure that everything had been to our liking. To put it mildly, we were blown away. We even came back a few days later to have dinner and to thank George and John for a night we will never forget. I would recommend that any bride please check this place out along with your other choices. Prices were reasonable and I KNOW you will not get service like this anywhere.
    Kathy LaPlante

Sent on 10/24/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2012

The banquet manager at Georgina's was very professional. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 02/08/2013

Kellie · Married on 08/13/2011

We were so happy that we chose Georgina's for our ceremony and reception. We cannot say enough about Mo (event coordinator) and the staff! They were so accomodating, knew what they were doing, and made everyone comfortable. Mo was unbelievable! Having her was like having our own wedding planner. She helped us step by step, was always there if we needed ANYTHING. The food was delicious, the decorations and set up were beautiful, and the service was excellent. We just can't say enough good things about Georgina's! We would HIGHLY recommend Georgina's as a reception and ceremony venue!

Sent on 09/05/2011
  • Gloria

Gloria · Married on 09/18/2009

Thanks to Mavourneen and her awsome staff, my wedding day was beautiful and everything I could have wanted for my special day. When I had walked into the banquet room for the first time I was immediately impressed with how beautiful it was. I had gone to so many venues and I would only find one thing I liked about them (pretty but costly; affordable but not friendly; ugly, dirty, you name it!) I was even more excited to be greeted by Mavourneen with such enthusiasm and kindness. The owner, George, had immediately offered Mike and I a cup of coffee and sat with us for over an hour to figure out a wedding budget that we could afford. The prices were extremely reasonable and too good to be true. I expressed some concerns about the kind of service I would like or not like and Mavourneen seemed to know exactly what I needed. Although a little out of the way for most of my family and friends I knew it would be a mistake to go with anyone else. The big day came and I was so happy with the decorating that was done...I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was amazing and your plate wasn't stolen from you half way through. I may not have another wedding, but when anniversaries or anything comes up, I will definitely be going back to Georgina's for future events.
    Thanks again Mavourneen and George!
    Gloria and Mike
    Wedding day :)
    September 18, 2009

Sent on 10/04/2009

Robin · Married on 09/06/2009

We had the ceremony and reception at Georgina's and it was beautiful. Mavourneen was wonderful to work with, she was able to deal with last minute changes without a problem. Everyone has said to me that the restaurant was perfect and the food was great.

Sent on 09/30/2009
  • WalkerGirl

Nicole · Married on 08/09/2014

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Georgina's! From the moment we walked into the venue for our first tour, we were hooked. We met with George, the owner, and he immediately blew us away with how accommodating and personable he was. We are from Washington, DC, planning a wedding in Bolton, CT, and it was important to have staff that was flexible with our schedules. One example of this was when we realized we would never make the Wednesday taste testings. When we mentioned this to the staff, we were told to give them a call next time we were in town, and we could do a tasting over lunch.

The day of the wedding went without a hitch! Estrella and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable, and so were our guests. One thing that really stood out to me was during dinner, my 2 year old niece (who had a fever), fell asleep in her mom's arms. One waitress personally cut her mom's meal so that she could eat without waking up my niece. Things like this don't happen at every venue. When we were researching Georgina's, every review had a personal story like this, and now we see why!

Dinner was absolutely delicious (we even heard mentionings that it was the best wedding food some people have had). The chef was WONDERFUL to work with.We directed any allergies or dietary restrictions to him, and he put together personal meals for them.

Overall Georgina's was WONDERFUL to work with!! The best decision we made for our wedding was booking with them!

(on a side note, the only reason they didn't get 5/5 was because we had a few issues getting a hold of them. But, if you leave a voice mail, you will hear back from them within 24 hours)

Sent on 08/21/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/18/2011

We had both our ceremony and reception in the Grecian Room at Georgina's (the smaller banquet hall downstairs). We worked with George, Mauroveen, and on our wedding day her assistant, Jenine. All three were wonderful. George and Mauroveen met with us several times to go over details big and small. The wedding packages (which can be found on their website) are very reasonable, everyone was amazed that we had an open bar! The food, both in the regular restaurant and for our wedding is simply delicious. On our wedding day, Jenine was so incredibly helpful. She was there for the rehearsal and when the time came to finally walk down the aisle, she helped everyone stand correctly, go at the right time and even helped my little cousin the flower girl not be nervous. Throughout the day she was visible, helping fluff my dress before I walked, getting us drinks while taking photos in the hot sun, personally getting us (my husband and I) drinks during the meal and taking any special requests we had. The rest of the staff was also top-notch, from getting the food out in a timely manner to dealing with some tipsy relatives at the bar. Although the Grecian Room is already very pretty, we gave decorations and all of our favors, place cards, etc. to Jenine the night before at the rehearsal. When we got there for the rehearsal it was gorgeous, and many, many people commented on the table settings. Overall I could not have asked for a better reception site, or better people to help me through that confusing (but wonderful) day!

Sent on 06/26/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2008

We had a wonderful wedding. George and his staff were more than accommodating and helpful in planning our event. They made adjustments to start and end times and worked with us the entire time, down to all the small details with tables, linen colors, and food. Our guests raved about everything and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We continue to be frequent restaurant guests and George and his wife, Zula, treat us like family every time we eat in or take out. Thank you for a wonderful day.

Sent on 10/16/2013