55 Reviews for Georgetown Bride

Hair Trial (1)
Natural Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
53 Georgetown Bride Reviews

Melissa and her team made me and my entire bridal party feel absolutely beautiful! They did a wonderful job with hair and makeup styles that were classic, elegant and would last all day in the cold D.C. weather. They were also a complete joy to have with us in the bridal suite as we got ready for the big day. My mom, sisters and I just loved them. Melissa was also great to work with throughout the planning process. I knew as soon as I had my hair and makeup trial that I felt so confident hiring her and would love the results.

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Melissa was such a joy! She was extremely responsive to all my emails and questions leading up to our wedding and so much fun to be around during my trial and the day of. She truly cares about getting to know you as a person and not just a client and making you feel your best on your wedding day. We received so many compliments on our hair and makeup and everyone felt so beautiful all day and night. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Melissa!!

Profile Picture Rachel , 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My first experience with Georgetown Bride was during my sister's wedding. The team came all the way out to Taneytown, MD and did a great job with bridal party's hair and makeup. I don't like a lot of makeup, so I was particularly pleased with how they worked with me and ultimately made me feel beautiful and still myself. Since this experience was so positive, I decided to hire the team for my own wedding later that year. Definitely recommend Georgetown Bride to other brides out there.

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa and her team at Georgetown Bride are absolutely amazing! I originally reached out to Melissa to have her do my hair and makeup for our engagement photos - As soon as she was finished I knew right away that there was no one else that I would trust to style me on my wedding day. I have never felt as beautiful as she made me feel. She is professional talented and a ton of fun to work with. I truly cannot say enough amazing things about this her and her company. Book them! You won’t be disappointed =)

Profile Picture Christina , 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Discounts, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Melissa and her wonderful assistant did an amazing job with hair & make-up for my daughter's wedding. My daughter looked stunning and her hair and make-up held up even after a passing rain shower. It was a very busy bridal suite that morning, with 8 bridesmaids, mothers, and grandmother and they kept us all in schedule and seem to bring a sense of calm with them, which set the tone for the day!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Paige, 5/27/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa was great to work with and worked with the bride to come up with a hairstyle she was happy with and it lasted the entire evening! The team came to our hotel and were very accommodating!

Profile Picture Sherri, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa did my hair and makeup for my wedding last Saturday and she is amazing!! I wasn't sure exactly what look I wanted and we ended up doing 2 trials to nail down the look prior to the big day. She was so helpful, accommodating, sweet and talented! Not only did she make me look like a model for my big day but she put all my nerves at ease and made it a truly special experience! I can not recommend Georgetown Bride enough!

Profile Picture Cate, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

Melissa was the best vendor I worked with while planning my wedding! I appreciated how responsive she was via email. I felt like I didn't have to worry about her attention to detail at all. She did my hair and make-up for both my engagement photos and wedding photos. I loved loved loved how I looked in both. For the wedding, I showed her a picture of hair that I like and she replicated it to the tee. I highly recommend working with Georgetown Bride. It is so important to feel your best on your wedding day and Melissa helped me feel beautiful!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa was AMAZING!! She did hair and makeup for my mom, my sister, and myself for my DC wedding. Melissa was incredibly professional throughout the whole wedding process. She listened to us and learned each of our personalities, and both her hair and makeup skills were unbelievable. I received so many compliments throughout the night and cannot wait to look back at pictures from the big day.

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa was absolutely FANTASTIC! I used her for my engagement photos and I couldn't have been happier with the result. I provided her with several inspiration pictures and she created exactly the look I was going for. My fiance couldn't stop complimenting me! Melissa is professional, sweet, and easy to work with. I highly recommend her and only wish that I booked her for my wedding day (I had already secured a wedding day hair/makeup team prior to my engagement shoot). Look no further!

Profile Picture Cameron, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Melissa and her team were wonderful! I had a trial with another artist before finding Melissa, and left the prior trial thinking that the brides in the photos online were just prettier than I am or more photogenic. When I left my trial with Melissa, I felt like a bride in a magazine! My makeup looked very natural, but amazing. And I had no idea what to do with my very fine hair since my prior trial made my hair look flat and lifeless. Melissa created a beautiful style with very little direction from me. My hair and makeup looked incredible on the day of my wedding and held up very well in the weather. The day was misty/foggy, and we took numerous pictures outside before the ceremony, which we moved indoors. My hair and makeup looked great throughout!

The rest of her team was great too, and all my bridesmaids looked gorgeous.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Updos/Styling

Book! Melissa is kind, professional, amazing at making a bride feel and look wonderful. She handled a sticky family personality situation on the day of the wedding with grace, and I am so grateful. The pictures came out beautifully, and I credit Melissa's skill with hair and make up.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Weeks after my wedding, my bridesmaids and family are still raving about Melissa and her team at Georgetown Bride! They were wonderful and very easy to work with. The trial I had with Melissa was so easy and she knew exactly what I wanted. I let my bridesmaids pick how they wanted their hair and make up and each one looked beautiful. The make up wasn't overdone and it highlighted my beautiful bridesmaids' features. It took less than 3 hours for the Georgetown bride team to do 3 flower girls, 3 junior bridesmaids, 5 bridesmaids, 1 bride, and they even kindly did my 92-year old grandmother's hair and make up. I loved how I still looked like me on my wedding day and the make up stayed on the entire time (which in humid DC in June is hard to do!).

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa is a dream to work with, and I would highly recommend her!! We had a large group (the bride, 7 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, and two grandmas) and Melissa came and brought four other makeup artists. Everyone - seriously! - everyone commented how beautiful the bride and bridesmaids looked!
Georgetown Bride made everyone in the wedding look beautiful!

Profile Picture User7090895, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am SO lucky to have had Melissa do my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was professional, supportive, patient and simply talented! She did not overly do-up my face, and really used the hair and makeup to enhance my natural features. She listened to what my concerns were, and was happy to help find solutions. It was truly a pleasure to work with Melissa and I cannot wait to see her again for my next event!

Profile Picture Eleanor, 4/16/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

The team of talented artists at Georgetown Bride were more then I could have hoped for. I have never felt more beautiful in my life; I looked polished and fresh but most importantly still like myself, just a more perfect and surprisingly photogenic version of myself and it lasted the whole night! There were many last minute changes on our big day including the location where we were getting ready, but the team was incredibly accommodating and everything went off without a hitch. They arrived right on time with an impressive and expansive collection of products and tools, our hotel room was suddenly as glamorous as the back stage of a fashion show, my bridesmaids felt like supermodels, it was so much fun. Christian styled the most adorable braided crown updo for my flower girl, everyone said she looked like an angel, and when Jasmine finished my grandmother's makeup, she was brought nearly to tears after seeing herself in the mirror, she said she hadn't felt that pretty since she was a girl, all the feels. Melissa was a joy to work with through every step of the process, coordination was a breeze (so refreshing, especially compared to some of my other vendors) and she always got back to me super fast even though I had one million questions and two million changes. I really just can't reccomend Georgetown Bride enough, if I could award more than 5 stars I would.

Profile Picture Elise, 12/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Licensed, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Melissa, the owner of Georgetown Bride, and her incredible team - the strong friendship and love shared with her team is so obvious -just did hair and make up for our daughter's wedding and for her wedding party. My daughter had a formal wedding followed by a masquerade ball.
Melissa is the ultimate professional - flexible and artistic. She is so warm and friendly! We were very happy with her during the very important "trial" in our home and she took our requests and preferences to heart. Never rushed us.
My strong advice is to book her early, and be persistent in reaching her. She is very much in demand and has extraordinary, prominent clients. We were so fortunate we found her! She was a very important part of our wedding day and was instrumental in creating a calm environment during the wedding day preparations. We all fell in love with her.

Profile Picture Tinia, 10/31/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa did my hair and makeup for my local engagement session. She was absolutely amazing! She was professional and courteous when I spoke to her before hand and encouraged me to send me pictures of what I wanted. On the day of, she arrived on time and was a great sport when I asked if she could work around me wanting to watch the football game that was on! She was even patient with my kind of crazy dog. Melissa delivered perfect hair and makeup that was exactly what I wanted. I felt so incredibly beautiful and confident. I am having a destination wedding or I would 100% book Melissa for my wedding. I will definitely use her again whenever the occasion arises!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/11/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Fake Lashes

Melissa did the make up for me and my girls on the day of my wedding and needless to say everyone turned out gorgeous!! Melissa's personality will help you relax and take your nerves away. I was so impressed that I wish she would become my neighbor so she could do my make up everyday!!

Profile Picture Susan, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Georgetown Bride is amazing! My 4 bridesmaids and I all got out hair and makeup done by Melissa and her team. She made us all look and feel so beautiful. Everyone was a joy to work with. Melissa is a true professional and artist. She has experience doing the hair and makeup of local news anchors. For what you get with Georgetown Bride, which is a very talented staff that will no doubt do a wonderful job, their prices are very reasonable. I felt like a princess on my wedding day because of Georgetown Bride. They are the best!!!

Profile Picture Cynthia , 3/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Y'all - Melissa is the BOMB.COM. And Melissa, thank you times a million for making me look like such a rockstar!

I'm a huge procrastinator, and put myself in a position (this is back in March) where I was searching for someone to do both my hair and makeup on a Friday afternoon for a charity event I had on the following Saturday evening. I was looking on WeddingWire and found maybe 2 or 3 people that I wanted to contact. First things first, I was immediately struck by how immediately responsive Melissa was!! I never even heard back from one of the other stylists, and the other one emailed me the following morning. Melissa called me back directly, which I was so impressed by, given how busy I know she is. It really made me feel like a priority and it was much appreciated.

Secondly, she was more than willing to carve out the time to travel to my tiny little apartment (I've since moved, thank goodness) and was very gracious when one of my roommates unexpectedly showed up during my styling session and was being, quite frankly, very annoying/rude and inappropriate.

She quickly became a friend in the two hours that I spent with her, and of course, she made me look so beautiful!! Trusting her expertise, I gave her an outline of what I would be wearing that evening, and let her do her thing. The makeup and hair went perfectly with my attire, and my expectations were absolutely surpassed!

Thank you Melissa, for being such a trooper, being so kind, and being so EXCEPTIONAL at what you do!

Profile Picture Rose, 3/22/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Textured Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amazing experience with Melissa. Highly recommend her for your wedding. She knew exactly what I wanted even though I gave her a somewhat vague description. She also helped with a last minute hair mishap that my mom had with her stylist earlier that morning. She's very sweet and easy to work with. Recommend her without a doubt!

Profile Picture User6217090, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Blowouts, Updos/Styling

Melissa from Georgetown Bride practically saved me on my wedding day. Not only was she professional and responsive from my very first email to her, reasonably priced, accommodating to my schedule for both the trial and day-of-session, patient with my indecision (she spent 2 hours with me at my house for trial run), and punctual -she listened and delivered (which is something money cannot buy). I am extremely happy with her make up expertise but even more grateful for the way she calmed me down and gave me the confidence right before it was time to walk down the isle. People I was practically having a panic attack and she talked me off the ledge. 30 min before my "showtime" I somehow ended up alone (my 8 year old daughter was the only person in my wedding party and my family was waiting for me to take pictures), couldn't get to my venue without being seen by my guests and hadn't let my DJ know what ceremonial songs I needed played during the reception. Through out my year of wedding planning I had an "I can take care of my self" attitude and never planned for delegating last min craziness. I felt so alone and she wiped my tears, fixed my smudged make up and assured me that it would all be ok. She went above and beyond the job of a make up artist and made me feel like she was my confidant and friend. That to me meant more than her just making me look beautiful. She made me FEEL like beautiful strong woman on the inside, in a panicked moment where no bride ever wants to be. People like Melissa who have a passion/skill for what they do AND are genuinely good people are hard to come by.
Venue: Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC
Services: 11am First look make up session, 6pm touch up session before ceremony--9pm outfit/make up change
Future client: 100% YES :)

Profile Picture Vanessa, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa Schwartz Jones made my wedding day beautiful by making me beautiful.

She was able to fully understand and execute a picture perfect look for me and my family with little direction and lots of laughs. The amazing thing was from noon to 3am the next night my hair and make-up stood the test of time. I looked just as good heading to bed as I did heading down the isle. So grateful to have had Melissa on my side!!! Stop looking and give her a call now!!

Profile Picture User4580752, 2+ years ago, 1 Review